Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
For example, I loved the Mako.
Wat8.jpg
What?
I loved the Mako too.
No one could ever voice Aku and Iroh as well as he did. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I carry the opinion that while the core of Darkest Dungeon was solid, I ultimately dropped it because I honestly didn't feel it cared about my time. Having to slowly level up multiple groups in order to tackle the hardest dungeons is not my idea of fun. I still think it's solid, but for the most part the skill building was almost automatic, as I felt some skills were just weak overall. It feels repetitive after a while, and the trinkets are not very interesting. I love the graphics and the battles are fun for a bit, but overall it's slightly not recommended by me. Maybe a 6.5/10 or so.

Also is anyone else watching True Detective S3?  There hasn't been much must-see TV since Better Call Saul S4 ended.  I'm enjoying it quite a bit.  Mahershala Ali is awesome.  Stephen Dorff is pretty great too. 

Also is anyone else watching True Detective S3? There hasn't been much must-see TV since Better Call Saul S4 ended. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Mahershala Ali is awesome. Stephen Dorff is pretty great too.
Yup, it's been quite good. Especially the acting from Ali, Dorff, and Ejogo - that's really elevated the material for this season. Especially in the earlier episodes.

While S3 is very similar to Season 1, I think that is what most people wanted anyways. It might not entirely create the same magic as the first season (b/c, you know, the first season exists and this feels like a similar template w/ the multiple timelines, kidnapping/murders, and all) - but this could come up w/ a better finale.

The last 3 episodes have been great and w/ so many pieces at play here that are right not unresolved, uncertain, possible red herrings, could go a few different directions, could be some crazy twists/turns, and God knows what else - this could be one of the best Season Enders ever for a TV show....if done right.

If you’re a horror fan I recommend adding Devotion to your wishlist. It’s very good. On a horror scale of 1-10–with a 1 being getting barked at by a shih tzu and a 10 being a night with Weiler’s mom—it’s a solid 8.5.

I would argue that sentience and caring are in fact separate qualities. Like, a sponge has some level of sentience, but I don’t think they really care about much of anything.
and i would argue you're a massive nerd who is ruining my airtight argument

For those who have a Fry's Electronics brick & mortar store nearby...

$100-valued Steam cards are on sale today to purchase for $85.

1 per person.

In store only.

Must use promo code in your e-mail.

I enjoyed Darkest Dungeon despite expecting to be put off by the perma-death thing.  Had fun putting together parties, matching artifacts, "solving" bosses and generally getting things to run like clockwork.  It was repetitive but, if you like what you're doing, that's not necessarily a bad thing.  I figured I'd play it for an hour and probably hit a wall and instead wound up running through the whole campaign, playing night after night.

Played a bit of Anthem last night and I don't know why. Game looks pretty but I just don't see the need for another game like this, especially when we have many other bullet sponge shooters doing a far better job.

Regarding reviews, a friend said he doesn't "follow critics' advice" because if that was the case we would all be "buying, watching and wearing the same stuff." He said that to justify his Anthem purchase, all while wearing Levis and Nikes.

Yesterday Origins and Syberia 2 added to Chrono coin shop. Actually had Yesterday Origins wishlisted so that was nice.
Bought Yesterday Origins as well. Looked decent and the price was okay too. First game I've bought from Chrono that I activated instead of trading for something else.

Also is anyone else watching True Detective S3? There hasn't been much must-see TV since Better Call Saul S4 ended. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Mahershala Ali is awesome. Stephen Dorff is pretty great too.
Is it better than S2? I loved S1 so much, rewatched it multiple times, but haaaated S2 by the time I got to the end of it. Was so disappointed.

Highly recommend Russian Doll on Netflix if you like stories w/ "redo" plots (Groundhog Day, Edge of Tomorrow, etc).

EDIT: and Bandersnatch! So good, Charlie Brooker is a genius.

Is it better than S2? I loved S1 so much, rewatched it multiple times, but haaaated S2 by the time I got to the end of it. Was so disappointed.

Highly recommend Russian Doll on Netflix if you like stories w/ "redo" plots (Groundhog Day, Edge of Tomorrow, etc).
Yes, S3 is much better than S2.

It's very similar to S1.

So far, TD series looks like this: S1 > S3 > S2.

Probably gonna end up this way after the Season Finale this weekend, also.

Also, while we're on detective stuff - "I Am The Night" on one of those Turner stations is also good. I need to get caught up on that, which is about the Hodel family and the Black Dahlia murder. Was 2 episodes into that, forgot about it, and then earlier remembered "I need to catch what I've missed (last two episodes) On Demand."

Also, 3 episodes into Russian Doll...and so far, I'm loving it.

Thinking of being dumb and preordering Devil May Cry 5.  I like the series enough that I actually want some of the preorder crap.

EDIT: and Bandersnatch! So good, Charlie Brooker is a genius.
They spend a lot of time in S3 trying to rekindle the magic from S1. They are many parallels and similarities to s1 in the new season. It actually borders on derivative in many ways, but not so much that it hurts the show.

Like most good TV, s3 is a slow burn. It's like Breaking Bad or Mad Men in that when a gun/shooting, confrontation, or violence happens, there is actually some meaning and a good amount of weight behind it.

Played a bit of Anthem last night and I don't know why. Game looks pretty but I just don't see the need for another game like this, especially when we have many other bullet sponge shooters doing a far better job.

Regarding reviews, a friend said he doesn't "follow critics' advice" because if that was the case we would all be "buying, watching and wearing the same stuff." He said that to justify his Anthem purchase, all while wearing Levis and Nikes.
i've heard of people criticizing critic opinion on aaa games by saying they overrated the games/reviews are bought, but "this game got bad reviews and that's why i should buy it" is new

It's just a shame that another series (Anthem), no a new IP actually, fell prey to publisher pressure again and was released well before it was finished.  EA just killed another studio by lording over them.   Any reasonable player can see that the game was shipped in an incomplete, unfinished state. 

They spend a lot of time on S3 trying to rekindle the magic from S1. They are many parallels and similarities to s1 in the new season. It actually borders on derivative in many ways, but not so much that it hurts the show.

Like most good TV, s3 is a slow burn. It's like Breaking Bad or Mad Men in that when a gun/shooting, confrontation, or violence happens, there is actually some meaning and a good amount of weight behind it.
I think a lot of the great acting from the main three really helps S3 here. Ali, Ejojo, and Dorff are just flat-out awesome in pretty much every seem.

But, yeah - S3 is a slow burn.

Another show that I really liked that had a good slow burn and was good at it was Magic City on Starz, back when it was on.

Did a new build for my buddy this weekend.  It took us about four hours but got everything plugged into the right spots and the PC booted on the first try.  He doesn't get a new computer often, maybe once every 10 years, so he decided to go big.  It was fun getting to build in a NZXT h500 case for the very first time.  It was truly a pleasure and such a good case to build in.   Everything looks clean and minimal, the wire management is the best I've seen on a case, and it all fits into a nice, compact package. 

new-build.jpg

Awesome @ that RTX 2080.

So, what else is in there for....PSU? Mobo? CPU? RAM?

What about the Monitor? High refresh? G-Sync?
He went on a shopping spree at Microcenter Monday night with me. For a lot of people, it makes sense to buy everything in the store at all once so you have that peace of mind in case any of the equipment is DoA or any other issues arise.

-Gigabyte Aorus Pro motherboard (better VRMs than ASUS this time around on the Z390 boards)

-Intel 9700K

-EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080 Ultra ("free" Anthem & BF V keys printed on the receipt, yay?)

-16 gb G.Skill rgb RAM

-EVGA G3 750watt PSU

-Samsung 500gb Evo Plus nVME SSD (just released this week. replaces the standard Evo)

-NZXT H500 case, black

-Corsair H100i Pro 240mm AIO cooler

the bottom line was $1900 pre-tax. :shock: The very first thing he bought last week was that Alienware 34" ultrawide 1440p g-sync monitor from Dell for $700. (I think that's the one you love, D). He wanted it badly. I tried to talk him out of it. Monitor is the final thing you purchase, not the first. It's a luxury, and there are so many other unforeseen expenses. We also went back and forth on the video cards many times too but he wanted the monitor and the ability to power everything in games for several years, and just to be done with it. At first he picked out a nice 2070 but it seemed silly to not step up to the 2080 to him when you're already at $550 on the GPU. All that stuff and the GPU was still 45% of the build cost (pre-monitor). Yipe!

Some folks just want a nice computer and then not have to mess with it again for a long time.

He went on a shopping spree at Microcenter Monday night with me. For a lot of people, it makes sense to buy everything in the store at all once so you have that peace of mind in case any of the equipment is DoA or any other issues arise.

-Gigabyte Aorus Pro motherboard (better VRMs than ASUS this time around on the Z390 boards)

-Intel 9700K

-EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080 Ultra ("free" Anthem & BF V keys printed on the receipt, yay?)

-16 gb G.Skill rgb RAM

-EVGA G3 750watt PSU

-Samsung 500gb Evo Plus nVME SSD (just released this week. replaces the standard Evo)

-NZXT H500 case, black

-Corsair H100i Pro 240mm AIO cooler

the bottom line was $1900 pre-tax. :shock: The very first thing he bought last week was that Alienware 34" ultrawide 1440p g-sync monitor from Dell for $700. (I think that's the one you love, D). He wanted it badly. I tried to talk him out of it. Monitor is the final thing you purchase, not the first. It's a luxury, and there are so many other unforeseen expenses. We also went back and forth on the video cards many times too but he wanted the monitor and the ability to power everything in games for several years, and just to be done with it. At first he picked out a nice 2070 but it seemed silly to not step up to the 2080 to him when you're already at $550 on the GPU. All that stuff and the GPU was still 45% of the build cost (pre-monitor). Yipe!

Some folks just want a nice computer and then not have to mess with it again for a long time.
Awesome rig!!! That SSD, CPU, and GPU sounds INSANE.

Awesome @ the newest Evo. Speeds must be awesome. Only 500GB though. That's fine for a front drive for the OS boot and a few games.

But does he have a secondary SSD/HDD with some space for storage? Does your friend have any hard drive docks, extra open HDD slots, SSD slots, SSD's, HDD's, or anything w/ some space? Some of these newer games are huge and gonna easily eat up space - i.e. Gears 4 PC is 120+ GB; COD: IW PC is almost 98GB; etc etc.

About the 2070 v. 2080 - me, I probably would've went w/ the lower card (RTX 2070), went for 32GB of RAM, and bought a secondary HDD/SSD (if you don't have some already). I'm terrible at HDD management, as I hate uninstalling stuff from main drive.

How far can the mobo' allow for on the RAM?

I actually have a ViewSonic 25'' XG2560 240hz G-Sync monitor. That $700 Dell monitor sounds awesome.

Am I the only one that rocks a lot of drives? I have 6 internal, 3 external including one backing up my main SSD, and I believe 2 I dock now and then for backup purposes. 2 of those drives are old now though....like 3 TB or so. I think just my Steam drive and one of the drives (an old one) isn't backed up. I am majorly due for a motherboard/ram/processor upgrade though.

I am majorly due for a motherboard/ram upgrade.
That's probably why you have a lot of hdd's. Now that prices have fallen so dramatically I've gone to 100% nvme drives and am really enjoying it. Only use magnetic drives in a couple of external enclosures now.

About the 2070 v. 2080 - me, I probably would've went w/ the lower card (RTX 2070), went for 32GB of RAM,
For a gaming machine going to a better card is by far the most effective choice. Going from 16 to 32gb ram is near meaningless unless you highly value being able to game with 400 chrome tabs open in the background or want to run 3+ games concurrently for some reason.

I do understand why you'd prefer more storage though. If I needed more I'd probably look for a cpu without HT to free up budget for larger ssd(s).

Awesome @ the newest Evo. Speeds must be awesome. Only 500GB though. That's fine for a front drive for the OS boot and a few games.

But does he have a secondary SSD/HDD with some space for storage? Does your friend have any hard drive docks, extra open HDD slots, SSD slots, SSD's, HDD's, or anything w/ some space? Some of these newer games are huge and gonna easily eat up space - i.e. Gears 4 PC is 120+ GB; COD: IW PC is almost 98GB; etc etc.

About the 2070 v. 2080 - me, I probably would've went w/ the lower card (RTX 2070), went for 32GB of RAM, and bought a secondary HDD/SSD (if you don't have some already). I'm terrible at HDD management, as I hate uninstalling stuff from main drive.
Nothing, please let us know your friend's response when you convey the internet rando's build critiques to him.

bread's done
Back