Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Today I googled "should i play trails in the sky or trails of cold steel first" and guess what popped up as the first hit?

How to Get Into Trails, One of the Best RPG Series Out There.  Another informative short article from Kotaku telling me exactly what I wanted to know.  It's neatly tailored, personalized, and completely applicable to my interests.   I'm now a few hours into TiTS 1 even though I thought I was going to be starting Cold Steel this week.  It's pretty fun.  I'm playing it from my PC over Steam Link on the living room TV which is working out pretty well so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can vouch that InnerSpace is goood
tumblr_muwcn9xlCL1qedb29o1_500.gif

I made mention that I would post thoughts on the Sharpshooter specialization when I had finished it...  I did that a few days ago, had the important stuff done way before then, I've just been lazy.

The Tac-50 Sniper Rifle is better than it was, it was prone to missing the first shot, but it still...  I don't know... Lacks something.  I'm not expecting to one shot kill named enemies but it does lackluster damage to elites.  I honestly feel that non tanked, non named elites should just be put down with this thing.  That would be cool.  As is?  Heh, I'm not too disappointed that special ammo is dropping like it should be.

That said, the top part of the tree.  The Weapon handling, headshot damage, and reload speed works with any class of weapon.  There's also a talent in the bottom right that gives 10% headshot damage to your teammates if they are closer to the target than you.  This makes it a surprisingly good specialization.  I've used an AR and rifle build nearly the entire time leveling it and its worked amazingly well.

Note: I don't like my armor kits jacked with so I don't ever put those three points into that part.  I also rarely (okay, never changed my skills) so those skill changed I've not played around with.

I'm now a few hours into TiTS 1 even though I thought I was going to be starting Cold Steel this week.
You'll appreciate them more having playing Sky fc, sc, and 3rd. But not necessary. They are amazing games. I remember getting a little impatient with FC during my first playthough (they've been appropriately described as a "slow burn"). Abuse the turbo function, just don't skip dialogue and don't drop it early. A lot of the game's strength really shines at the end of fc.

Note: I don't like my armor kits jacked with so I don't ever put those three points into that part. I also rarely (okay, never changed my skills) so those skill changed I've not played around with.
I've been happy with Survivalist but, yeah, that armor perk is no good. I don't think I've ever had a time where:

(a) Someone near me was out of armor

(b) I was also out of armor

(c) They stayed near me long enough for me to replace my own armor including the extended replacement time

The always either move or just replace/repair their own armor (which takes less time than me doing mine) in some way first. And I'm left with the extra armor repair time.

Microsoft has 3 Months of Gamepass for $1.  Pretty good deal even if you manage to just play 1 game.  PC gamepass is limited but some good stuff on there - newest Forza game, Crackdown 3, Recore, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves, Gears of War 4.  

I made mention that I would post thoughts on the Sharpshooter specialization when I had finished it... I did that a few days ago, had the important stuff done way before then, I've just been lazy.

The Tac-50 Sniper Rifle is better than it was, it was prone to missing the first shot, but it still... I don't know... Lacks something. I'm not expecting to one shot kill named enemies but it does lackluster damage to elites. I honestly feel that non tanked, non named elites should just be put down with this thing. That would be cool. As is? Heh, I'm not too disappointed that special ammo is dropping like it should be.

That said, the top part of the tree. The Weapon handling, headshot damage, and reload speed works with any class of weapon. There's also a talent in the bottom right that gives 10% headshot damage to your teammates if they are closer to the target than you. This makes it a surprisingly good specialization. I've used an AR and rifle build nearly the entire time leveling it and its worked amazingly well.

Note: I don't like my armor kits jacked with so I don't ever put those three points into that part. I also rarely (okay, never changed my skills) so those skill changed I've not played around with.
After about 100 hours, I'm pretty burned out on Div 2. I'm 160 in the grenade launcher, about 145 in the crossbow, and 24 of 30 on the new seasonal loot chests as of a couple days ago. There are a number of things that need to get fixed. Special ammo almost never drops, it also resets when you join or leave other players instances. I keep getting all this 481-495 equipment, and have to spend a bunch of time micromanaging all the worthless drops and useless skill mods. The skill mod system is still completely borked. The tradeoff for losing perks and passive abilities in order to equip set items isn't worth it, especially when bonuses like '10% dmg to armor' don't work. But most of all once you spend a good amount of time playing at the level cap, the sense of rewarding progression becomes all but nonexistent. I don't find upgrades anymore. I haven't been finding ARs that are any better than the ones I was using at 450. Still haven't found the AR extended mag blueprint so AR builds are a little out of the question right now. Another really annoying thing is the 24 hour loot box timer that keeps resetting and giving you empty chests if anyone in your group opens it again.

Mostly, I'm just not finding many meaningful upgrades. So I haven't felt motivated to spend all this time maximizing my equipment with a poor rate of return when they are just going to reset the loot treadmill again in a couple months anyways.

It's a blast of a game; I love it. The Division 2 is excellent. It's really fun opening the seasonal loot chests and acquiring other unique cosmetic apparel. But the game doesn't respect my time investment right now. I'm putting it down until they can get some of these important fixes implemented.

Played BioShock... again. Didn't experience any issues with the remaster. We'll see about 2, which seems to be an even worse offender.

Microsoft has 3 Months of Gamepass for $1. Pretty good deal even if you manage to just play 1 game. PC gamepass is limited but some good stuff on there - newest Forza game, Crackdown 3, Recore, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves, Gears of War 4.
Nice. Need to check if it's available on my country

Microsoft has 3 Months of Gamepass for $1. Pretty good deal even if you manage to just play 1 game. PC gamepass is limited but some good stuff on there - newest Forza game, Crackdown 3, Recore, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves, Gears of War 4.
Gamepass is awesome, but I keep waiting for them to put more games on PC for it. They've been hinting that they have plans to beef up gamepass on PC for like a year now.

The new canon books (before Ep VII came out) stated that the Emp sent out these "robots" all over the universe with his face and were programmed to sew chaos.  They were the reason most of the shit fell because the Emperor took his toys and went home.  So it'd be badass if they pulled it all together.  Hell Hux's dad was the one who was brainwashing all the kids in the first place.  I just wish they had made the First Order not act like a bunch of stooges.  These are supposed to be SMART enemies.  They're not dumb.  But they are comically stupid in the new movies.

Leftovers for the lurky boyz (or gurlz).

Hammerfight - IAQI4-9IRPX-NB5HG

Lovely Planet - 08X4T-FGW06-ENVAT

System Shock 2 - 85BKA-9W5D0-4IPHF

The new canon books (before Ep VII came out) stated that the Emp sent out these "robots" all over the universe with his face and were programmed to sew chaos. They were the reason most of the shit fell because the Emperor took his toys and went home. So it'd be badass if they pulled it all together. Hell Hux's dad was the one who was brainwashing all the kids in the first place. I just wish they had made the First Order not act like a bunch of stooges. These are supposed to be SMART enemies. They're not dumb. But they are comically stupid in the new movies.
I'd have been happy if they didn't just "Boba Fett" Captain Phasma every chance they had.

At this point its about all they've got to salvage the mess they've made.
Eh, my guess is that they're all giant turds and think they know better than everyone else so the whole point of the last movie is to set everything on fire, ruin all the best toys so noone can use them ever again, and then piss on the ashes.

After this next movie, there's probably no more Sith and Jedi, and Rey will become a "Skywalker" and train future "Skywalkers".

Thus, when we get to the next trilogy, it'll be about how the Skywalkers are fighting Darkwalkers.

Disney doesn't care. They've made their money and can keep the entire franchise under lock and key forever, send it to the Disney Vault for 20 years and trot it out when current brats are wanting to feel nostaligic.

"Boy, some people hated that last movie, huh?"

"How do we put their asses back in the theater seats for the next one?"

"Let's do the Death Star again."

"No, we already did that."

"How about instead of a new Death Star, let's show the remains of an old one."

"Yes... that could work..."

"And we'll bring back Palpatine for good measure."

"Brilliant! The fanboys will be creaming themselves all over again."

Episode 9 is really going to make or break this particular trilogy saga for many people. 

Put me in the category of fans that was supremely disappointed in TLJ for a multitude of reasons that I'm not going to get into here. 

TLJ was actually the best Star Wars movie. It explored the philosophical concepts that every action has a consequence, and that decisions are neither good nor bad in and of themselves. There is always a gray area in everything.

The rich slave-owners building weapons for both sides are amazing parables to how capitalism and war-profiteering have separated classes in America. And making a mistake we regret--like the one second Luke questioned Kylo's loyalties, pushing him further towards the Dark Side--is an abstract we can all relate to. Luke isn't perfect, he's human. Kylo killing Snoke, his mentor, because he believed he and Rey could surpass him ties in with that; Kylo feels betrayed by father figures, so he kills them because he thinks it'll be freeing.

There were some epic scenes, too. Holdo's sacrifice. Yoda's appearance. Snoke's death. Luke brushing his shoulder off after the whole army unloads its cannons on his projection. I've never gone "OH SHIT" as much in any Star Wars film.

If you didn't like it, then have no fear. The incessant, whiny, nerd outrage over how exploratory the last film was didn't go unnoticed. Your wish for them to go back to the boring way Star Wars always was looks to be fulfilled. We'll just focus on the same family, pretending they're the only ones who are special, while recycling the tired, played-out idealism of good vs. evil. Hell, it's been 39 years since Episode 5 and you're still using the same final boss.

TLJ was actually the best Star Wars movie. It explored the philosophical concepts that every action has a consequence, and that decisions are neither good nor bad in and of themselves. There is always a gray area in everything.

The rich slave-owners building weapons for both sides are amazing parables to how capitalism and war-profiteering have separated classes in America. And making a mistake we regret--like the one second Luke questioned Kylo's loyalties, pushing him further towards the Dark Side--is an abstract we can all relate to. Luke isn't perfect, he's human. Kylo killing Snoke, his mentor, because he believed he and Rey could surpass him ties in with that; Kylo feels betrayed by father figures, so he kills them because he thinks it'll be freeing.

There were some epic scenes, too. Holdo's sacrifice. Yoda's appearance. Snoke's death. Luke brushing his shoulder off after the whole army unloads its cannons on his projection. I've never gone "OH SHIT" as much in any Star Wars film.

If you didn't like it, then have no fear. The incessant, whiny, nerd outrage over how exploratory the last film was didn't go unnoticed. Your wish for them to go back to the boring way Star Wars always was looks to be fulfilled. We'll just focus on the same family, pretending they're the only ones who are special, while recycling the tired, played-out idealism of good vs. evil. Hell, it's been 39 years since Episode 5 and you're still using the same final boss.
Oh please.
TLJ was a slow-speed police chase with side stories that tried to be aesops about weighty topics but ended up feeling contrived.

It was not a great movie, but it was an even worse "Star Wars" movie.

It doesn't matter how many Medium, Kotaku or New York Times thinkpieces get written on it, nor how often they compare Star Wars fans to screeching man-babies or overstimulated toddlers.

It's a mediocre movie and a bad consumer product.

It succeeded on basically no level.
It's not good enough on it's own merits to be anything more then mediocre sci-fi pap and as a cynical Disney-helmed cash grab, it didn't sell toys. In fact, between it's failure and the under-performance of Solo, it's reduced the value of the Star Wars brand.

Is it the worst thing to happen to the brand? Probably not. Star Wars has a long history of cynical cashgrabs and downright awful content. But Star Wars after The Force Awakens and Rogue One was a hot, profitable brand.
Now? After they squeak out this movie they're going to make it disappear for a few years to let it air out.
Successful films don't do their to their franchise.

Yes, it's better than the fanboys give it credit for. But that doesn't mean it's a good, thoughtful movie either.

I think we're just at a point where OT Star Wars isn't the main childhood nostalgia movie thing anymore.

Kids born in the 70s and 80s grew up with Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, RoboCop, Terminator 1 & 2, etc.

Kids born in the 90s probably gravitate towards Harry Potter and the LotR trilogy, and maybe the SW prequels, as their childhood nostalgia things.

Of course for kids born in the 00s and onward the MCU dominates. It's everywhere.

I have no doubt that the Star Wars OT will be remade in 10-15 years.

Is this a parody of r/autism/? That's in poor taste, dude.

Not to interrupt all of the short stroking, Star Wars nerd talk, but...

just buy it.. so that the Bundle God can be pleased with your sacrifice
I waited just long enough that my discount code expired, so it'll wait, probably.

Anyone know if Fanatical is still giving out discount codes with their bundles? Buy a dollar bundle, save $4, cheap-ass logic.

I think we're just at a point where OT Star Wars isn't the main childhood nostalgia movie thing anymore.

Kids born in the 70s and 80s grew up with Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, RoboCop, Terminator 1 & 2, etc.

Kids born in the 90s probably gravitate towards Harry Potter and the LotR trilogy, and maybe the SW prequels, as their childhood nostalgia things.

Of course for kids born in the 00s and onward the MCU dominates. It's everywhere.

I have no doubt that the Star Wars OT will be remade in 10-15 years.
What made the original trilogy great was that it was a solid action/sci-fantasy story. Basic plots but great fun. The downfall of the later movies is that they all tried to be something more and explain a lot of the backstory and lore. And that's pretty much true for most of the great action movies of the late 70's through the 80's.

TLJ (The Last Jedi) wasn't horrible, but it wasn't anything spectacular either. Great action sequences and visuals, as usual per the SW series, kept it watchable - thank God for that stuff.

A lot of the TLJ issues had to do had to do with predictable stuff and nonsensical stuff. A grumpy Luke (which doesn't seem like he would ever become that way, as he always had Hope and Faith, no matter what...until someone else took over the franchise) - just seemed to be way out of character for him; and b/c this was an on-going thing, this was really annyoing.

Throw in the predictability of Kylo turning on Snoke (to further try to make him the ultimate evil, which was already painfully obvious after he did in his dad in back in Ep 7) and that he was Han Solo's kid (which was trying to make his dad's death supposedly more important, but really felt predictable) - it really made the story and character development felt predictable and/or pedestrian. This a lot of "important character seems to be related in some shape or fashion" thing in general was been, has been, and still is so overdone in any medium of things (movies, games, TV shows, etc) - yeah, it can get really tiring.

For me, Rogue One and Solo were more entertaining than TLJ. Not that Rogue One and Solo were great or anything, but they were certainly solid and overall better than TLJ.

And honestly, there hasn't been a great SW trilogy (of movies) since Eps 4,5,6; and the last great SW games were KOTOR 1 & 2.

Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GLbwkfhYZk

EDIT:

GameSpot -> Chris Avellone is involved w/ writing for SW: Jedi - Fallen Order; and so is Mafia 3's writer Aaron Contreras.

With at least those 2 involved, that sounds like a good start - at least for writing, dialogue, story, character, and narrative. Hopefully, all goes well and will gel well.

Respawn has a pedigree for excellent combat and gameplay w/ their past history before Respawn (many ex-IW dev's from the good COD's from COD1 up to COD:MW2, excluding COD3 and recent COD's) and current history w/ Respawn (Apex Legends and Titanfall series).

So, hopefully all of this gels well altogether. Only time will time.

EDIT 2:

Cal Kestis (the protagonist for this game) is being voice-acted by Cameron Monaghan (from Shameless US TV series & Gotham TV series):
https://gamerant.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-main-character-actor/

Pretty good pick, if you ask me.
1534588153.0763-smiley.gif

A lot of the TLJ issues had to do had to do with predictable stuff and nonsensical stuff. A grumpy Luke (which doesn't seem like he would ever become that way, as he always had Hope and Faith, no matter what...until someone else took over the franchise) - just seemed to be way out of character for him; and b/c this was an on-going thing, this was really annyoing.
Wat

Luke has always been a whiny little bitch, at least for all of 4, 5, and part of 6, its in his nature, just like his father who was a whiny little bitch through all of 1,2,3. It seems completely in character for him to be a grumpy ass when he got older as thats just the extension of being a whiny bitch younger in life

Oh yeah man, Lando? Glad we brought him back, played by the same actor. Hope they go back to Dagobah too. Maybe they can bring back Jabba the Hutt, throw in Greedo's relatives. Darth Vader force ghost.

Let's just do a remake of Episode 6 with updated graphics so the neckbeards can have their high space fantasy GURPS experience they remember from the golden days of their youths. Also, no women. Kill off Rey and Leia and let's make it about Those Skywalker Boys again. Why's there a black guy main character? Next thing you know, they'll have Mexicans in there too. YOU HEAR THAT DISNEY, MAKE SURE YOU MAKE IT EXACTLY THE WAY I WANT IT!!!

[customspoiler='Actual picture of you guys when you watched TLJ']
1008-MWBZ-faq-q1.jpg
[/customspoiler]

bread's done
Back