Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
SEE!!! NO COLLUSION!!! #exonerated
You should feel great shame from that screenshot. It's basically your version of a pee tape.

Am I weird that I'm more excited for Cobra Kai in a week than Game of Thrones.
Cobra Kai was the best 'fun' show that I watched last year. Loved it.
Yeah, Cobra Kai was awesome. It was funny, nostalgic, and had good drama as well.

so apparently octopath traveler is coming to pc in june? lets see if it gets all the love its been getting or if it was just "I liked it cause it was nintendo exclusive"

so apparently octopath traveler is coming to pc in june? lets see if it gets all the love its been getting or if it was just "I liked it cause it was nintendo exclusive"
Hmm I'm interested enough to buy it again $15-20, which tends to happen pretty quickly with SE titles these days. In terms of gameplay it's a pretty average experience that was given extra appreciation since it landed on a portable console with few competing jrpg options.

The one area it really stands out, and will continue to on pc, is the soundtrack.

Last edited by a moderator:
JJ is a better producer than director. The closest thing to being a trademark of his work is lens flares.
I've really liked the TLJ discussion, this comment won the whole thing for me. Way better than pizza coupons/reviews and bashing Epic/Gabe/EA/etc. Too bad Goodwin's law stomped on the sub-thread.

Way better than pizza coupons/reviews
rPWPJZS.gif

It's funny, because a lot of the complaints about Octopath were "fixed" in Bravely Default which came before it. But people tend to hate on Bravely Default more than Octopath, despite the former being the better game in almost every way. Most of it is fueled by the second half and the True Ending. But you can get a good ending skipping the second half anyways.

As someone who beat BD and only got 80% through OT, OT has one better game mechanic, but it gets way too repetitive by the end.

I've really liked the TLJ discussion, this comment won the whole thing for me. Way better than pizza coupons/reviews and bashing Epic/Gabe/EA/etc. Too bad Goodwin's law stomped on the sub-thread.
I have some questions for you:

Pineapple on pizza - yea or nay?

Epic exclusivity - good or bad?

TrumpCat - collusion or no collusion?

Game of Thrones - slightly overrated or highly overrated?

Well if you want more Star Wars discussion...

Rian Johnson and the GoT writers... ok then.  Also after reading that it is no wonder that The Last Jedi was such a mess.  JJ would not have been in my top ten choices to work on new Star Wars movies but since he did the first one I wish they would have just left all three to him rather than letting Rian come in and throw out his ideas for the second one and go off into crazy town with the movie. 

Pineapple on pizza - No fruit on pizza unless you live in a fruit state like ca!

Epic exclusivity - Is it really exclusive when I can add to my steam library and launch from there?

TrumpCat - no collusion but he clearly grabbed the pussycat

Game of Thrones - I always thought this was something for Gay or Trans? Kinda like ASL back in the AOL days. I have no idea what game of thrones is but it probably sucks more than ketchup on a hotdog.

I see that GMG is now taking preoders for Borderlands 3, selling Epic keys. So Epic is not just working with Humble to offer 3rd party sellers.

I notice there is no discount.  I suppose one could show up later but I think that is a sign of things to come with the Epic store.  I bought the last couple of Bordlerands games from GMG at a substantial pre-order discount.

Like I posted on FB.. I wait til the final episode of the season to watch the season.  So I will personally Jay & Silent Bob people who decide to drop spoiler shit in here.  You know what's a spoiler... don't do it.  Just like them dicks with the Avengers movie... or Dumbledore.

X6GS9NX.jpg

Yeah, I thought The Longest Journey was great back in the day, too...

Like I posted on FB.. I wait til the final episode of the season to watch the season. So I will personally Jay & Silent Bob people who decide to drop spoiler shit in here. You know what's a spoiler... don't do it. Just like them dicks with the Avengers movie... or Dumbledore.

X6GS9NX.jpg
If you're looking to avoid spoilers, here is a handy guide.

Unplug-power001.gif

Like I posted on FB.. I wait til the final episode of the season to watch the season. So I will personally Jay & Silent Bob people who decide to drop spoiler shit in here. You know what's a spoiler... don't do it. Just like them dicks with the Avengers movie... or Dumbledore.

X6GS9NX.jpg
You might as well go media blackout if your waiting like that.

Well I don't do tv shows and I'm a casual star wars fan at best.  (I thought TLJ was okay up until the floaty magic scene).  But at least a few people here are interested in hardware so I thought I'd share these:

$61 open-box evga CLC 280.  Very highly rated AIO.  Pre-licked.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01N16CAKN/ref=olp_f_primeEligible?ie=UTF8&f_usedAcceptable=true&f_usedGood=true&f_used=true&f_usedLikeNew=true&f_usedVeryGood=true&f_primeEligible=true

$50 z370 MSI board.  Cheap, ugly, but hey z370 at $50.  They have 80+ in stock so I'm thinking it might be B-stock from MSI rather than just a pile of returns.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B075GSVHGP/ref=olp_f_primeEligible?ie=UTF8&f_usedAcceptable=true&f_usedGood=true&f_used=true&f_usedLikeNew=true&f_usedVeryGood=true&f_primeEligible=true

Yes it was....damn quick bundling. This is about Five Finger Death Punch 2 if you don't want to click on the IG link. Most of that bundle is pretty bad, but that makes it good for my subscription haha.

Was bored a couple days ago and thought of you nerds, so I decided to do pineapple salsa.

[attachment=32114:12.jpg]

[attachment=32115:123.jpg]

Excellent. I knew that if I held out long enough that Notre Dame would eventually ignite and Unity would be mine for nothing at all.

Oh.

My.

GOD.

https://www.pcgamer.com/watch-this-guy-make-a-pc-out-of-pasta/

Watch this guy make a PC out of pasta

Looks good enough to eat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0TgLg0rThE

We've seen some creative PC builds, but nothing that has looked as delicious as my Italian grandmother's cooking. That all changed when YouTuber Micah Laplante took lasagna to the next level when he made a PC case out of real, uncooked pasta. (His wife jokingly gave him the idea.) The goal wasn't to make a crazy gaming PC or anything like that, but rather a dedicated computer for streaming media—and a few games.

After removing the hardware from an old Asus notebook with a broken touch screen, he arranged the components on a bed of lasagna strips hot glued together. He attached a dongle to act as an I/O panel for basic peripherals, and added a few other cables to serve as USB-B and HDMI ports. Seems pretty simple, right?

Then came the fun part: once all the components were taped to the base pasta, he layered more pasta over everything, strategically adding more hot glue that he painted in delicious sauce colors later on, and a few rigatoni noodle vents for airflow—all with lively Italian opera to compliment the 'cooking' process. The black USB and HDMI ports emerging from the sauce are definitely the best part.

But how did it run? After Laplante fixed a registry error that prevented him from starting Windows, he was able to install Steam and play some Rocket League, as well as stream video from Hulu and YouTube.

This was short lived, however, as the computer needed about three years worth of Windows 10 updates. Installing those updates fixed the problems he had with getting his Xbox controller to work and stopped the TV from flashing black, but Laplante ran into sound problems when attempting to run a Game Boy Advance emulator.

So, the pasta PC case worked, but the software didn't. (Stupid software.) But in my Italian heart, I think this is a successful PC case regardless. I hope Laplante makes another lasagna PC case someday, with a giant Conchiglie mouse to go with it.

Found the dude that set Notre Dame on fire.
Authorities: We know it was you, Durden, Burden, Dangus, or whatever you want to call yourself. Just fess up.

Me: But sir, I was at home working on my Epic backlog, just like MysterD told me to.

Authorities: Dick, you don't have an Epic backlog. In fact, according to our records you haven't even downloaded the client. But wait...what's this? GOG? GOG Galaxy? Right on your desktop? Setting Notre Dame on fire is one thing, Dangus, but we can't stand for this. Lock him up!

Me:
giphy.gif

So if a plague breaks out in Washington in the near future we know someone wanted Division 2 for free.
Hey Dangus, could you do me a favor and burn down the statue of Zeus at Olympia? I would like to play Assassin's Creed Odyssey for free. If you have to burn down other Greek historical architecture to get me the gold or platinum edition, so be it. Thanks in advance!

Pineapple on pizza - yea or nay?

Epic exclusivity - good or bad?

TrumpCat - collusion or no collusion?

Game of Thrones - slightly overrated or highly overrated?
No pineapples on pizza for me.

Epic exclusivity - Exclusive stuff sucks for consumers as it limits where games will go, but can be a console/platform/service seller.

Trump Cat - In collusion with IGN and Humble; Groupees; Fanatical; and IndieGala to get us the best bundles.

Game of Thrones (HBO Show) - Neither. I love the show.

Hey Dangus, could you do me a favor and burn down the statue of Zeus at Olympia? I would like to play Assassin's Creed Odyssey for free. If you have to burn down other Greek historical architecture to get me the gold or platinum edition, so be it. Thanks in advance!
Does it look like I’m taking requests here???

Well, all right. Just tell me what I’ve gotta do to make Fallout 76 free for all!

bread's done
Back