Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
GoT finale was pretty "meh" and felt like major set-up for the 3 spin-offs. Very underwhelming conclusion, which might be one of the most disappointing in TV.
Finale/conclusion was fine, the issue was essentially cramming 1.5 books worth (and the last two books if they ever come out are supposedly going to be like 1500 pages each, for comparison's sake no other book in the series has been more than 1100 pages) of plot into 13 episodes after spending 60 episodes to get through 5.5 books. Pacing was ludicrous in the last two seasons

Good deal, but it's Domino's.

KtYlMiW.png
To sweeten the deal just a bit more, NewEgg is currently offering a free $5 Dominos eGift card with every $20 Dominos eGift card purchased.

In other internet anger-war news, it took console players over 56 hours to beat the Division2 raid after PC players had it beat in 5 hours.
I honestly haven't even tried it... The clan functions are so poor I have no idea who is active (other than the top few) and I'm sure I have people who haven't touched the game since near launch. Also, I feel I should be grinding for new gear as much of what was once good is now rather suspect.

The biggest issue is I'm not feeling a pull to really play the game right now... They have fucked with too much stuff since launch less than two months ago. And it was obvious stuff that was going to be an issue.

Honestly, my bigest pull to play right now is for the appearance cache even that's going on right now.

Anyhow, I still enjoy the game but I feel like I've taken a few breaks already even though I haven't really played anything. I sit on my couch watching TV more than gaming at the moment. (But that might be because of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Even with my team out the team coming out of the west is going to have a chance to end and win their first Stanley Cup so that's cool.)

I haven't played a ton of Div2.  I took a break to finish Wildlands.  I got quick leveled by the bros from 30 to WT5.  I'm at GS 499 or 498 using whatever highest gear pieces I have.  No clue if my build is any good.  I did the event cache project and got my 4 keys last night.  Will probably be ready to run the raid whenever though I have no clue what it's about.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping that the pressure from Epic would entice Steam into an actual decent Summer Sale this year, but it seems a number of video game makers aren't interested in playing ball.

I mean, Jesus... Epic was throwing free money at the consumer to buy games and a handful of publishers/developers wanted no part of it. Even at no loss to them they didn't want to see their game sell at an arbitrary price that they didn't like.

These are dark times for sale-junkies, people.
Having your game go below half price too soon is something developers know is a death-knell. Consumers use ITAD to check whether the price they're getting is reasonable by comparing it to the historical low.

Epic is also aware of ITAD and were using this as a way to bring attention to EGS to people using ITAD. That's why they lowered the actual game prices, rather than, say, offering a 50% off coupon that people could apply one-time-use to their cart. To the consumer, these two approaches are roughly equivalent, but because of ITAD they are very different to the developers/publishers and to the people operating the game store.

The Origin client would only let me redeem as 'give a gift' for some reason - went to the website and it worked without issue. Just in case someone else gets the same behavior...
Same here. Can't add Sims 4 to my library through the client, had to use the website. Glad to hear I'm not crazy.

As of last nite, I'm about 3 hours into Vampyr.

And I like it. A LOT.

This possibly has "cult classic" written all over it.

So far - the writing; story; characters; dialogue; music; and game-world of 1800's London are great. Hope it keeps this up, as it's one of the better ones on this stuff, so far, that I've seen in quite some time.

Graphics quality on the technical side (even though it's on Unreal Engine) and the combat aren't spectacular, but they're still good and solid. Combat's fine, but - well, at least so far - aren't as deep as Witcher 3 and Dark Souls. They all (the graphics and combat) do get the job done though.

More to come, when I get more time & game behind me.

Having your game go below half price too soon is something developers know is a death-knell. Consumers use ITAD to check whether the price they're getting is reasonable by comparing it to the historical low.

Epic is also aware of ITAD and were using this as a way to bring attention to EGS to people using ITAD. That's why they lowered the actual game prices, rather than, say, offering a 50% off coupon that people could apply one-time-use to their cart. To the consumer, these two approaches are roughly equivalent, but because of ITAD they are very different to the developers/publishers and to the people operating the game store.
That may be true for some, but not all.

Also, used to be that different storefronts had pre-order deals... $10 of Borderlands 3 doesn't seem too outrageous.

I honestly haven't even tried it... The clan functions are so poor I have no idea who is active (other than the top few) and I'm sure I have people who haven't touched the game since near launch. Also, I feel I should be grinding for new gear as much of what was once good is now rather suspect.
The reports from the raid make me think that it's best to wait for Massive to tinker with it, as I assume they will because "has raids!" was supposed to be a big feature and right now I think a lot of people are turned off by various aspect: the lack of matchmaking, the necessity of a narrow DPS build, etc.

On the plus side, I'm looking forward to the first upcoming DLC and hoping it's an Underground-like experience given the title and vague description. I chewed me up some Underground in D1.

I'm still playing almost nightly and having fun getting the various commendations and apparel keys. The special missions with the Season Pass are nicely done as well so hoping for more of those.

As of last nite, I'm about 3 hours into Vampyr.

And I like it. A LOT.
This possibly has "cult classic" written all over it.
So far - the writing; story; characters; dialogue; music; and game-world of 1800's London are great. Hope it keeps this up, as it's one of the better ones on this stuff, so far, that I've seen in quite some time.
Graphics quality on the technical side (even though it's on Unreal Engine) and the combat aren't spectacular, but they're still good and solid. Combat's fine, but - well, at least so far - aren't as deep as Witcher 3 and Dark Souls. They all (the graphics and combat) do get the job done though.
More to come, when I get more time & game behind me.
Cann't what to see all the screenshots on my Steam Feed!

I'm still playing almost nightly and having fun getting the various commendations and apparel keys. The special missions with the Season Pass are nicely done as well so hoping for more of those.
Yeah, the season pass missions where much better than I thought they would be... I'm not really understanding why you can only run them once a week. (or why someone would want too.)

Only reason I can think of for re-running them is if you missed some of the intel but then why make you wait a week?  Aside from the backpack dongle, there's nothing exceptional loot-wise about them.  Who knows.

Sims 4 Standard Edition is free on Origin

https://www.origin.com/can/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-4

Glad I nabbed the Deluxe Edition upgrade for free on Origin some years ago.
I bought it on sale for $5, I think, about six weeks ago. I don't think I've played it at all yet. EA is seriously devaluing The Sims 4.

How do you feel about their sandwiches, tho?
They have an Italian sandwich that my wife loved.

EDIT:

Yup, I bought games from the Epic Games Store. Yep, I like cheap games and have tough times resisting good sales. And yep, most of those are currently exclusive to the Epic Game Store.

I don't like Epic that much and Microsoft w/ their game-store & service (or lack thereof) - but for certain games (especially exclusives) and/or certain deals, I'm gonna have to go there. [shrug]

And yep, at one-time, before Steam became feature-rich and felt like it mostly a DRM-laced service - yep, wasn't fond of Steam too. Yet, I still bought Steam-required games like HL2 & Dark Messiah, back then. And yet, here I am, some 2000+ Steam-games later.

Just finished-up TWD: A New Frontier from Epic Store. Took around 8 hours total, according to GamePlay Time Tracker. Yeah, it was good and more action-y than the last bunch of TellTale "adventures" - but it still ain't as great as TWD: S1 & S2; and also especially The Wolf Among Us.

I don't think those who aren't TellTale fans, those tired of TellTale's formula, and/or those who are looking for TellTale to have changed their style much (before they folded) will be converted b/c of this game though. It's more of the same.
So is the last Walking Dead game ever coming back to Steam? If not, I guess $5 is not a bad price for it.

I bought it on sale for $5, I think, about six weeks ago. I don't think I've played it at all yet. EA is seriously devaluing The Sims 4.

They have an Italian sandwich that my wife loved.

So is the last Walking Dead game ever coming back to Steam? If not, I guess $5 is not a bad price for it.
No clue on if TWD Telltale series is exclusive to Epic forever.

About EA devaluing Sims 4 base - they probably need to, since they probably have at least a handful of expansions & Stuff Packs. Until there's better discounted expansions, Re-Releases w/ more Stuff Packs/Expansions, and/or Complete Pack, who can or want to afford and/or keep up w/ it all?

EDIT:

Looks like Sims 4 has:

6 expansions

7 game packs

and 14 Stuff Packs

But if Steam gives devs an 88% cut, Epic said their games could come to Steam.

I don't believe this for an instant, but that's what they said.
I thought they said they would dial back on the exclusives and by that I took it to mean the games they outright pay to have exclusivity not the ones developed in-house by Epic themselves.

I thought they said they would dial back on the exclusives and by that I took it to mean the games they outright pay to have exclusivity not the ones developed in-house by Epic themselves.
“If Steam committed to a permanent 88% revenue share for all developers and publishers without major strings attached, Epic would hastily organize a retreat from exclusives (while honoring our partner commitments) and consider putting our own games on Steam,”

https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/25/18516039/epic-games-store-exclusives-steam-valve-tim-sweeney

About EA devaluing Sims 4 base - they probably need to, since they probably have at least a handful of expansions & Stuff Packs. Until there's better discounted expansions, Re-Releases w/ more Stuff Packs/Expansions, and/or Complete Pack, who can or want to afford and/or keep up w/ it all?

EDIT:

Looks like Sims 4 has:

6 expansions

7 game packs

and 14 Stuff Packs
Sorry you missed the yellow Comic Sans there--all I can say is that it was strongly implied. . . .

SeasonalCAG Road Wireless Warrior:

So have been in a hotel for about 4 months because of work and thought I would show off my gaming/work setup to get me through the boring times. Was using the G502 wired and forgot how much I loved this mouse (G902 wireless is my home mouse) so when the G502 Wireless was announced knew I had to get it. Drabe (the man, the myth, the legend) hooked me up with a Logitech.com 20% code so it was a done deal just got it today and it is perfect feels the same just no wire drag and feels lighter.

Finished DMC 5, Watch Dogs and ongoing Division 2 apparel chasing. Tried to get into the Div2 raid with LFG randoms and they all rage quit after they died the first time and haven't tried since. If CAG/DC Defenders wants to try it out let me know.

Excuse the hotel dust. Gear:

OVERPOWERED Laptop 17.3 IPS 144Hz Display, i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX1060, Mechanical LED Keyboard, 256 SSD + 2TB HDD, 32GB RAM (Best deal I could find at the time without having to upgrade anything before the trip)

Sony WH-1000XM3 (Everything the reviews say are true best wireless headphones I have tried)

G502 Wireless (Needed this in my life)

Red Xbone Controller (Favorite color had to bring it)

oBeuRmd.jpg

Div 2 Character after last apparel event:

VhSB7JQ.jpg

My bad for the MysterD long ass post (your my boy blue) thought this place need some cheering up your all my brohs even the haters

OVERPOWERED Laptop 17.3 IPS 144Hz Display, i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX1060, Mechanical LED Keyboard, 256 SSD + 2TB HDD, 32GB RAM (Best deal I could find at the time without having to upgrade anything before the trip)
Oh, snap! Wait! Is that the laptop that's been on sale for $1000 at WalMart's before?

SeasonalCAG Road Wireless Warrior:

So have been in a hotel for about 4 months because of work and thought I would show off my gaming/work setup to get me through the boring times. Was using the G502 wired and forgot how much I loved this mouse (G902 wireless is my home mouse) so when the G502 Wireless was announced knew I had to get it. Drabe (the man, the myth, the legend) hooked me up with a Logitech.com 20% code so it was a done deal just got it today and it is perfect feels the same just no wire drag and feels lighter.

Finished DMC 5, Watch Dogs and ongoing Division 2 apparel chasing. Tried to get into the Div2 raid with LFG randoms and they all rage quit after they died the first time and haven't tried since. If CAG/DC Defenders wants to try it out let me know.

Excuse the hotel dust. Gear:

My bad for the MysterD long ass post (your my boy blue) thought this place need some cheering up your all my brohs even the haters
Nice dude, I was looking at that laptop for the same reason. Ended up getting a Lenovo though. How is the heat dispersion on it? I hear the Overpowered brand gets really hot when gaming.

I got a free copy of Shadow of Mordor from Geforce Experience but I already have it. I would give it away but its a sign on through steam to redeem thing, anyway to give it away?

That may be true for some, but not all.

Also, used to be that different storefronts had pre-order deals... $10 of Borderlands 3 doesn't seem too outrageous.
Wait, you're telling me ... statements have exceptions? Shocking. Truly insightful.

The Origin client would only let me redeem as 'give a gift' for some reason - went to the website and it worked without issue. Just in case someone else gets the same behavior...
I had the same problem in the client. I ended up adding it to my wishlist and then clicking on the wishlist page and it gave me a link there that worked.

bread's done
Back