Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Orion streaming game engine announced.
15xho9.jpg

Doom: Eternal gameplay trailer.

Heaven and Hell both will be explored.

November 22nd release date.

Doom: Eternal Collector's Edition will have a life-size helmet.

Doom: Eternal's Multiplayer is called Battlemode.

One slayer vs. Two Demons.

More to be shown at QuakeCon this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was pretty much dead silence when they announced the Commander Keen game.
Which is a shame, if it was an actual side-scroller and not some ridiculous mobile game, it'd probably be really solid.

Also, I'd really want to hunt down and punch that idiot that was yelling during the entire presentation, but I have a feeling life has already taken a bat to him.

Finally, what was the point of all that "These are our real customers" footage. My takeaway from that was pretty much... um, maybe I should make sure I'm doing other stuff in my life than videogames. Because wow, there was some heavy cringe in those spots.

Which is a shame, if it was an actual side-scroller and not some ridiculous mobile game, it'd probably be really solid.

Also, I'd really want to hunt down and punch that idiot that was yelling during the entire presentation, but I have a feeling life has already taken a bat to him.
Front row was almost certainly Bethesda employees.

No TES6 or Starfield further tease? That was pretty disappointing for a Bethesderp E3.
I didn't expect to see either of them, although next E3 will probably have Starfield as the centerpiece. I was hoping for some sort of surprise though, like a remaster of an old game or something

"Meh" conference from Bethesda.

So many face-palming moments, I don't know where to begin...or end.

Time spent on ES: Blades, ES: Legends & Commander Keen mobile - uh, that was all pretty lame.

No gamplay footage on the next ESO stuff - meh.

Yeah, Doom: Eternal looked good. But, it also did last year too.

We saw more Wolfenstein: Youngblood, which looked good...and showed gameplay footage.

I don't know what the hell Deathloop is yet, but very curious since it's from Arkane and will have their gameplay style. I need gameplay footage though.

Curious about Tango's next game Ghostwire: Tokyo - but again, no gameplay footage and it wasn't explained that much on...what this action/adventure really is.

Overall....really "meh" conference.

This Xbox/PC app is alright. Very simple but fast and sleek. Even has a "Surprise Me" button that chooses a random game for you to play next. Download speeds are solid. I'm impressed so far.

hey guys Keanu has a a message for all of you...

aaq94pey7e331.gif

edit- well shit now i just stole the gif from that subreddit.

Whoa... Keanu is awesome or something. But not as awesome as that Devolver presentation! Total cringefest that was.

Also, is that Doom Eternal helmet in real canvas or cheap plastic?

A few years from now there is going to be a Superbowl ad for a Devolver Digital Nina Struthers movie and we are all just going to be staring in confusion at the screen.

And Keanu is always awesome.

Chaosbane update: Finished Chapter/Act 2, 8.1 hours in.  level 31 with the elf archer chick.  Still enjoying the hell out of it maybe I would feel different if I could play it everyday (I'm still doing things in the Division must morning, mostly trying to get all the mod blueprints) but I really don't think so.  

Borderlands 2 DLC: That free DLC dropped.  Not sure if it has to be added, I tried that and it might finally have worked or if it just needed to patch/update on its own but I know on PS4 its only free for a week or so than it costs 15 bucks.  

Level 49 in Elder Scrolls: Blades. The new update hit just in time. Still wish there was a way to quick swap weapons, but yay for jewelry.

All I need now is Diablo Immortal and I can finally sell off my PC.

Chaosbane update: Finished Chapter/Act 2, 8.1 hours in. level 31 with the elf archer chick. Still enjoying the hell out of it maybe I would feel different if I could play it everyday (I'm still doing things in the Division must morning, mostly trying to get all the mod blueprints) but I really don't think so.

Borderlands 2 DLC: That free DLC dropped. Not sure if it has to be added, I tried that and it might finally have worked or if it just needed to patch/update on its own but I know on PS4 its only free for a week or so than it costs 15 bucks.
I think you have to claim it, but it's Free :)

They ain't getting a cheer from me until they update Chip's Challenge. Damned Minesweeper overtook that and Skiing.
Chip's Challenge is on Steam. With a sequel. When I got it in some bundle I played it for nostalgia's sake. It's still about as annoying as it was back in the day.

It's a side-scroller and not some ridiculous mobile game? That's great news and is something to be excited about. Hold on, let me watch the trailer...

rGZqXND.gif

After spending a little more time with the XBox/PC app, I think it might actually be worse than the Epic Launcher? Granted, it is a beta and I'm getting access to a ton of games for dirt cheap so it's no big deal, but having to open up a separate browser in order to do even the simplest of account changes (like changing your profile picture) is kind of ridiculous and turns into a time-consuming ordeal.

Worst of all, if you haven't finished downloading a game and you shut off your PC, the download won't automatically resume the next time you launch the app. It won't even appear amongst your installed/downloading titles on the side of the screen. You have to manually find the page for that game and resume the download from there.

If Gamepass weren't a thing the app would probably be getting torn to shreds right now. But last night I paid a dollar and downloaded Ori and the Blind Forest, Hellblade, Moonlighter, Wolfenstein II, Thumper, Guacamelee 2, West of Loathing, Steamworld Dig 2, The Messenger and Ruiner so I really don't give a damn about its shortcomings at the moment.

After spending a little more time with the XBox/PC app, I think it might actually be worse than the Epic Launcher?
Can confirm that it's.. not great. But hey MS is trying? Anything account related is extremely cumbersome. But I was happy to see they let me use a MS account different than the one to which win10 is registered. Downloading forza atm.

Going to really miss steam's dualshock 4 support though. Might have to just link an xbox controller to use with this new app. I don't expect ds4windows to jive very well.

Yeah, it was always a running joke how "this is the year Microsoft finally starts caring about PC gaming again!", but this is actually the year that Microsoft finally started caring about PC gaming again.

Also, at least one benefit of this app being so barebones and buggy is that it'll probably be in beta for at least a few months. So that $4.99/month price should be around for a little while.

And re: DS4, I saw this on Resetera. Not perfect, might be buggy, but worth a try.

Borderlands 2 DLC: That free DLC dropped. Not sure if it has to be added, I tried that and it might finally have worked or if it just needed to patch/update on its own but I know on PS4 its only free for a week or so than it costs 15 bucks.
Not sure on PS4.

On Steam, you have to own Borderlands Handsome Collection and you have to go to Commander Lilith DLC page to go claim it.

The Xbox PC Whatever pass falls right in my sweet spot between "Games I don't care about" and "Games I was interested in and already purchased".  Sort of a "Games I sort of cared about and was waiting on a deep discount but for a buck or even five bucks, I'll try them and probably get bored in an hour but who can complain for the price"

We Happy Few, I'm looking in your direction.

Yeah, it was always a running joke how "this is the year Microsoft finally starts caring about PC gaming again!", but this is actually the year that Microsoft finally started caring about PC gaming again.

Also, at least one benefit of this app being so barebones and buggy is that it'll probably be in beta for at least a few months. So that $4.99/month price should be around for a little while.

And re: DS4, I saw this on Resetera. Not perfect, might be buggy, but worth a try.
Not sure how we can move or manipulate our game-folders in My PC or Windows Explorer - but having that option would help....since I'm sure most don't want to re-download games (especially 130GB+ games like Gears 4) and/or deal with any sort of ISP data cap limits.

At least w/ Epic Game Store, Steam, Ubi Store, Origin, and even the Old G4WL - I know where the game-folders are and can back them up elsewhere or so I can move them to another PC, if need be.

Ah the joys of endless season passes, combo deals, re releases and handsome packs. I apparently do indeed own all the Borderlands 2 content  via the main store page/dlc list and yet Steam still wants to sell me the season pass for $9.89 which apparently has one dlc I don't have, "campaign carnage".

Anyway, I had to click on free download for the HD pack and it won't let me stop the download. Clicking on the new story dlc did associate it with my account.

Hey, you guys know computer stuff. I’m guessing.

I might be looking to get a new notebook with a small internal drive and using a 1TB SSD I recently picked up as external storage. Would it be, like, a brain-meltingly horrible idea to keep that ssd (in an enclosure, of course) in my pocket while it’s in use? I’ve always used HDDs till now, and while I know SSDs are better on the heat and movement fronts than disk drives, I don’t know if that particular idea is actually feasible.

It will be interesting to see how chivalry 2 does exclusive on epic compared to mordhau on steam, no surprise that many of the games on the epic funded pc game show were epic exclusives.

The Xbox PC Whatever pass falls right in my sweet spot between "Games I don't care about" and "Games I was interested in and already purchased". Sort of a "Games I sort of cared about and was waiting on a deep discount but for a buck or even five bucks, I'll try them and probably get bored in an hour but who can complain for the price"

We Happy Few, I'm looking in your direction.
We Happy Few was the first title that jumped out to me as well when looking through that games list, have had it on my wishlist for awhile and will definitely give that a shot for a dollar.

So with the pc gamepass is there any point to jumping through hoops with xbox gold and then doing the upgrade to ultimate for a dollar? I don't have an xbox so I'm unfamiliar with how it all works, but locking up a years worth of the ultimate gamepass for $50 sounds better than paying $10 a month once its out of beta assuming you use it each month the year you're subbed.

I might be looking to get a new notebook with a small internal drive and using a 1TB SSD I recently picked up as external storage. Would it be, like, a brain-meltingly horrible idea to keep that ssd (in an enclosure, of course) in my pocket while it’s in use? I’ve always used HDDs till now, and while I know SSDs are better on the heat and movement fronts than disk drives, I don’t know if that particular idea is actually feasible.
Yeah that could work with most enclosures I imagine. Ventilation would be preferable but it's not going to explode or anything in there. Worst case would be the ssd beginning to throttle in the event of ..extreme? thermals around your midsection.

You may have already considered this but many modern notebooks come with a upgradable m.2 slot which can be filled for pretty cheep these days

It's a well established fact that active SSDs give off waves that can interfere with your future baby-making capabilities. Keeping an SSD in your pocket while in use may not be the best option. Do you not have a big enough table?

This is totally true, BTW.

Anyone play Thronebreaker on pc?  I just noticed the steam price dropped to match the PSN sale ($15).  Held off on the console version due to lots of reported bugs and crashes.

So with the pc gamepass is there any point to jumping through hoops with xbox gold and then doing the upgrade to ultimate for a dollar? I don't have an xbox so I'm unfamiliar with how it all works, but locking up a years worth of the ultimate gamepass for $50 sounds better than paying $10 a month once its out of beta assuming you use it each month the year you're subbed.
Well if you buy a year of XBL Gold for $60 MSRP and pay the $1 to upgrade to Ultimate, you basically get 13 months (12 + 1) for $61. It's worth it if this beta period doesn't last too long, although given its current state, I'd hope/expect it to stay in beta at least until the end of the year.

I'm tempted to do it myself just in case, although I may also just wind up subbing every so often when there are a handful of games I want to play over the course of a month.

Well if you buy a year of XBL Gold for $60 MSRP and pay the $1 to upgrade to Ultimate, you basically get 13 months (12 + 1) for $61.
Yes, this is how it works. I did this yesterday. Ended up with 14 months because you are given the option of getting an extra month when redeeming the sub if you enable autopay. (can disable it later or, in my case, give them a mostly-drained prepaid card from a previous MIR)

Yeah, it's a hell of a deal. And an added benefit of getting a year sub this way is not having to feel like you need to rush through all the games before the beta ends to avoid the price hike.

BTW, Shenmue 3 going Epic exclusive after promising Steam keys to Kickstarter backers for 4 years is wild.

Ah the joys of endless season passes, combo deals, re releases and handsome packs. I apparently do indeed own all the Borderlands 2 content via the main store page/dlc list and yet Steam still wants to sell me the season pass for $9.89 which apparently has one dlc I don't have, "campaign carnage".

Anyway, I had to click on free download for the HD pack and it won't let me stop the download. Clicking on the new story dlc did associate it with my account.
Borderlands DLC is everything that is wrong with gaming. Look at that huge crappy list. So many of those tidbits could have simply been included in the game via patch/update. They are the ones that were setting the example for the industry too.

I might avoid BL3.

Borderlands DLC is everything that is wrong with gaming. Look at that huge crappy list. So many of those tidbits could have simply been included in the game via patch/update. They are the ones that were setting the example for the industry too.

I might avoid BL3.
Many of us got a bunch of that DLC for free from Amazon (glitch I think). Y u no wen?

Yeah, it's a hell of a deal. And an added benefit of getting a year sub this way is not having to feel like you need to rush through all the games before the beta ends to avoid the price hike.

BTW, Shenmue 3 going Epic exclusive after promising Steam keys to Kickstarter backers for 4 years is wild.
What's wild is that there were idiots who kickstarted it.

It should be fine. Biggest risk is having it get disconnected while in use. Why not put the SSD in the notebook instead?

Yeah, Borderlands is pretty bad with the DLC but I don't think I've spent more than $60 on all 3 games? It was never that big of a game to me so I picked it up on sales over the last several years.

Also just lol at Chiv2 going Epic only and Shenmue 3 too.

It should be fine. Biggest risk is having it get disconnected while in use. Why not put the SSD in the notebook instead?
It’s a 2.5 inch Sata III, wouldn’t fit.

Bought it for an old laptop when I thought it was the drive failing, but turns out it’s something else, and I haven’t been able to figure out what. I’m gonna have it looked at, but if it turns out to be a pricy repair, I’ll probably just get a new notebook; I just don’t want to waste the new drive, so I’m trying to think of other things I could use it for. External for the notebook is one option, I just wasn’t sure how practical it might be in situations where I don’t have access to a desk (e.g. on a plane).

It’s a 2.5 inch Sata III, wouldn’t fit.

Bought it for an old laptop when I thought it was the drive failing, but turns out it’s something else, and I haven’t been able to figure out what. I’m gonna have it looked at, but if it turns out to be a pricy repair, I’ll probably just get a new notebook; I just don’t want to waste the new drive, so I’m trying to think of other things I could use it for. External for the notebook is one option, I just wasn’t sure how practical it might be in situations where I don’t have access to a desk (e.g. on a plane).
I mean, you don't have to have it connected 100% of the time, e.g. on a plane.

But do get a locking cable at the very least (e.g. locking eSATA)

uPlay Plus just got announced. $14.99/month and includes new releases and older games. Includes premium editions, early access, betas, etc.

uPlay Plus just got announced. $14.99/month and includes new releases and older games. Includes premium editions, early access, betas, etc.
Geez. How many game companies are gonna do these services?

For me, I think the best thing these companies can do is...also bring in other companies w/ their awesome titles, too - you know, like Microsoft is doing. Bringing in games like Vampyr, Wolf 2, Metro Exodus, etc etc.

Is Ubi gonna have other games and titles from other companies other than their own?

bread's done
Back