Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Dark Souls is my all-time fave and I'd go with the remaster. Runs smooth and looks great on the old ultrawide, which is a big deal for this UW-snob. I get why people prefer the OG lighting but I stop thinking about that kind of thing once I'm like 5-minutes into the game.

I'll hold out on getting anything from this sale until next the July 5 reveal of the July Humble Monthly unlocks as well as the August headliners. Also, the contrast between Square Enix's non-JRPG game discounts and those for their JRPG games is truly remarkable.

All CAGs join Turtle for the event - the current 2nd place team. Together we can have a minuscule chance at winning a free game we don't need!

I read the FAQ like 10 times and still don't understand how boost capacity or boost amounts are supposed to work. Are they supposed to reset each day? The way this minigame was put together is ridiculous
I believe the amount you get to start with is what you have and when you use it up, you are out of luck unless you add more to it, no resets. The FAQ is not clear on that but because the starting amount is apparently based on "recent" steam purchases and leftover lunar tokens (no idea how far back recent purchases goes, but I started with enough that it has to at least be the winter sales), I doubt they want people that bought a lot in the winter sale to be able to refill with a ton of tokens every day. Unless that $5 discount is one-time only and I don't think it is?

All you have to do is idle a game with completed achievements for a while and boom, tons of points available to redeem for boost if you have the space. So I doubt they will make the boost storage reset daily or anything. For that matter you could just use the achievement manager and give yourself achievements. One game I idled earlier would give me 42,880 if I had room for it but if I redeem them I'd only get 2200 or so and the rest goes into the nether because I used up most of my space already with achievements from one of the Borderlands games.

I would be happy to be wrong though as only getting 100 per day unless you spend money is a pretty transparent attempt to get people to buy more than they would have otherwise to "play" this convoluted, idiotic excuse for a game. Of course the price of cards tanked so hard that they might be trying to figure out a way to recapture some of that effortless cash, thus no cards and instead this. Then again if they really do want to make the sale more interesting, using the first day to look for exploits and then making it easier to get boost and/or resetting it daily would make the sale more appealing. I dunno, I think they just throw darts at a wall and sometimes it hits "clicker game" and you get something sorta amusing and sometimes the dart lands on "fuck it, let the interns figure something out" and you get this abomination. *shrug*

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... what kind of incestuous brain trust put together this sale?

There's pages of interlinking FAQs that STILL don't manage to clearly explain what you are supposed to do. I've seen 10 minute+ videos attempting to explain how it works.

Is it supposed to be so convoluted that you don't bother noticing the discounts blow? :oldman:

Edit: can't even get the quests to work.
I started nodding off while reading about how recent game achievements will get me points or some nonsense once I join a team. Was there a link right there to join a team? No, I had to waste 30 seconds clicking around to find it.

Anyway, there are a lot of games not even on sale in my wishlist. A deal on Spellforce 3 with its expansion is the same as it was 2-3 weeks ago. Damn near everything else new is at prices they've been on sale at for 3-4 months.

The idiots at Paradox still love them some Surviving Mars where the base game is $10 (went there last month), the edition with game + season pass is $22 and the season pass alone for the suckers who bought the base game at $40 last year is $23. It is $1 cheaper for me to buy the "gold" edition on steam instead of just the season pass on gog. To be fair to Steam, this was the same issue during GoG's sale two weeks ago.

This Grand Poop shit doesn't even really work.

Did some shit in Stardew Valley.  99% of it didn't count.

This isn't worth the effort.

EDIT:

Why does the pit stop page say I got 2000 boost meter capacity because of previous spending, but in reality my boost meter was capped at 100.

This is so much better than just giving us cards for doing the queue.

I started nodding off while reading about how recent game achievements will get me points or some nonsense once I join a team. Was there a link right there to join a team? No, I had to waste 30 seconds clicking around to find it.
Not recent achievements. Total achievements on recently played games.

This Grand Poop shit doesn't even really work.

Did some shit in Stardew Valley. 99% of it didn't count.

This isn't worth the effort.
Did Valve hire the Playfire programmers???

Also, if madjoki is still reading I hope he can put something together that automatically idles games with most earned achievements for 30 minutes each in the next day or so.

Anyone remember CheapyD talking about some alien diplomat (or something like that) game a couple of years ago on the podcast? Sounded like my kind of game but totally forgot what it was called. Anyone remember the name of it?

The top gifted game from the grand prix yesterday was Cyberpunk. I thought the rules said you could only win a game that could be gifted right now, which I assumed meant no preorders.

Just noticed that the Star Control bundle is cheaper than the Origins expansion by itself. Kinda tempted by that. I had 1,2, and 3 back when they were new, but don't own anything in the bundle on Steam. 2 is one of my all time favorite games, so even though this game is tainted by controversy, I feel I'll probably play it eventually.

Any hopes of getting a decent discount in Coconut Queen? I've been waiting for that 75% off to return since I joined CAG like 7 years ago :nottalking: .

image.png
This brings back some CAG memories.

Steam sale sux. More Epic discussions. Sweeney talks more about how Epic game store is good for gamers.

https://twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1143669644877815810

Nuuvem has some decent deals.  Ghost of a Tale is at a historical low of $4.99 vs $16.74 on Steam, visual novel Along the Edge is $2.59 vs $9.09 on Steam, For The King is $4.99 vs $9.99 on Steam, etc.  Just random examples.  

The top gifted game from the grand prix yesterday was Cyberpunk. I thought the rules said you could only win a game that could be gifted right now, which I assumed meant no preorders.
The game has to be available for sale -- meaning it has to have a price tag.

I have ikaruga and phantom brave in my cart, 5 and 6 dollars respectively.  I don't have time for my current backlog, someone talk me out of buying these games.  Just say "they will be cheaper in the future as part of a humble bundle" or some other sale.  

Yes I know these games are like 15 years old, but i still have games from 15 years ago that I haven't played, so yeah.

I have ikaruga and phantom brave in my cart, 5 and 6 dollars respectively. I don't have time for my current backlog, someone talk me out of buying these games. Just say "they will be cheaper in the future as part of a humble bundle" or some other sale.

Yes I know these games are like 15 years old, but i still have games from 15 years ago that I haven't played, so yeah.
Whenever I have these types of quandaries, I just tell myself that they will eventually be bundled not knowing whether they will or not. And they might someday.

Do you plan to play them right away? If so, then go for it. If not, back away from the table.

I have ikaruga and phantom brave in my cart, 5 and 6 dollars respectively. I don't have time for my current backlog, someone talk me out of buying these games. Just say "they will be cheaper in the future as part of a humble bundle" or some other sale.

They will be likely be cheaper in the future as part of a humble bundle. Also, Phantom Brave was in a fanatical bundle or promotion in the past I think.

*looks at backlog*

Uh, no not really.
I have over 1000 games in my Steam library. Yet, I only play two games every day (Spelunky and Gonner) because those are two games that don't require much of a time investment. I work a lot of hours, so I barely have time to play anything. That's what keeps me from running out and buying a Steam card to take advantage of this sale.

If you don't think that you have the willpower to wait it out, make yourself a promise that you will wait until the last day of the sale before pulling the trigger. If you can hold out that long without breaking, you can buy both games and then call that purchase a treat.

Agreed.

It's like System Shock, Bioshock, Dishonored, and most Arkane games had a baby.
Arkane has to be one of the best (if not the best) developers out there when it comes to verticality in level design. It was obviously such a huge part of the Dishonored games and it's just as crucial in Prey. The Talos Lobby is such a thoroughly detailed and constructed central hub.

Finished it up last night and in spite of some late game issues and generally underwhelming combat, it's one of my favorite FPS in years. Such a great job of world building and creating a tense atmosphere.

Picked up:

Just Cause 3 (for the multiplayer mod, enjoyed JC2 MP)

Civil War 2: The Bloody Road South DLC

Universe Sandbox 2 (enjoyed the first one)

Ultimate General: Civil War

No Man's Sky (Want to play with mods)

Stellaris (recommendation)

Guessing that will be it for me as I try not to spend much on PC games anymore, only time I buy is during the Summer and Winter sale.

I really like the letter E right now so I picked up Everything, Everspace, and Eastshade. I also wanted to get rid of the last of my gabenbux so I grabbed Plague Tale, Thumper, and Detention, and gifted a few games to people that they’ll probably never play. Now that I’ve replenished my Steam backlog I’ll just excuse myself to continue playing NES Volleyball exclusively.

Just a heads up that the following already-released games will all be coming to PC Game Pass at some point in the (near?) future, just in case you were interested in buying them during the sale:

Undertale

My Time at Portia

Unavowed

Machinarium

Timespinner

Bad North

Pathologic 2

Totally Accurate Battle Simulator (presumably once it leaves Early Access)

Worms WMD

For The King

GoNNER

Banner Saga 3

Yoku's Island Express

Source

bread's done
Back