Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
It'll be worth it. Dog Gone Golfing is my favorite golf game next to Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour on the GameCube. Sounds crazy, but the ball physics are so weird and the dog puns in the game are just lame enough to be funny. It gets extremely addictive. I bought the entire game for $1 on Google Play as an in-app purchase after trying the game for free, so I figured that I better add it to my Steam collection.
It seems I already own it. I just installed it and I'll give it a try. Thanks.

I'm considering splurging on a title I would really want for like 20 bucks or something, like Nioh, so i guess the downward progression of crappy sales is working on me
That's me with Cuphead. Two years old and still just 15% off. Probably a better chance it shows up on Game Pass than ever getting a better discount.

As a long-time Kate Bush fan, I usually hate covers of her songs but I really like this one and the creative video for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7iVWK2W48o

I think this is going to be the least I have picked up in a major Steam sale since I made my current Steam account.
Riported for talking about Kate's Bush!

Re: Steam Sale.....yeah.....no....Many games I was considering, I can just play on XBONE GAME (P)ASS......So, my virtual, virtual game backlog will keep me warm at night.....

Here are some game reviews from the XBOX Game ASS...this is relevant because the games are also on Steam:

(Goal: Find local multiplayer game that I could play with my daughter 12yrs old...anything but MINECRAFT!!!!! Yes I deviated from local co-op a bit....SO SUE ME!!!!!)

ARK: Boredom evolved (into hate) - I have to punch trees and collect stones? I want to ride a dino....PASS!

Astroneer - Eh, it might be fun, but the interface is really wonky (on the XBONE, at least) and I don't have the patience....PASS!

Super Bomberman R - Not bad....fairly easy to get into...not sure it will have staying power for me.....MAYBE

For The King - was looking forward to this one...couldn't get the game configured due to weird XBONE interface....MAYBE/PASS

WRC 4 - Nope.

Riverbond - Cool little game...easy to get into....pretty light....fun co-op.....PLAY!

Disney Epic Mickey 2 - Power of 2 - Pretty good...bunch of exposition I want to fast forward through, but co-op is fairly entertaining - MAYBE

Banjo Kazooie - I wasn't a NERDtendo kid....so, no feels for me here.....eh....not a big platformer fan either....PASS

Metro 2033 - Eh....I'm more of a KBM person for a FPS....the controller feels a bit sluggish for me....GO HOME STALKER!!!!!

Monster Hunter World - Not bad, combat feels a little...dunno....spastic?.....but interesting world....MAYBE

So there you have it....no need to buy anything during the Steam sale...you should have loaded up 3 years worth of XBONE (Ultimate) GAME ASS for cheap (I think I came out to approx $4/mo).

That's me with Cuphead. Two years old and still just 15% off. Probably a better chance it shows up on Game Pass than ever getting a better discount.
Yeah there's a couple titles that I've been waiting to get cheaper and refuse to buy because I'm so pot committed to waiting for the decrease. Cuphead is one of them. It seems like Dying like has been 67% off and like 17 dollars for the last 3 years.

Dear rcsample,

I already paid for a one-year subscription to your own Game Ass service, but I haven't received any content yet.

By any chance are you using the same model as the Groupees Be Mine "yearly" subs? I ask because I checked your website and saw that one of your biggest investors is "Yanni C."

Sincerely,

A concerned customer

I'm announcing rcsample's Game Ass. For $9.97/minute, I will make fun of your Mom and also work in some scatological humor. It will include new humor and select hits from my sordid past. Join now, limited quan-TITTIES, available!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got exactly $2.77 left in my Steam account and several bills that are due by Monday, so I'm browsing the freebies on the itch.io website today instead of looking at the Steam sale.  I've supported devs by buying their games on itch.io before, but I'm broke and downloading more Android and PC games that I don't really need makes me feel like I'm part of the middle class.

Dear rcsample,

I already paid for a one-year subscription to your own Game Ass service, but I haven't received any content yet.

By any chance are you using the same model as the Groupees Be Mine "yearly" subs? I ask because I checked your website and saw that one of your biggest investors is "Yanni C."

Sincerely,

A concerned customer
giphy.gif

I've got exactly $2.77 left in my Steam account and several bills that are due by Monday, so I'm browsing the freebies on the itch.io website today instead of looking at the Steam sale. I've supported devs by buying their games on itch.io before, but I'm broke and downloading more Android and PC games that I don't really need makes me feel like I'm part of the middle class.
If you need a free game to check out, this is one of my favorites:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/795100/Friday_the_13th_Killer_Puzzle/

I've got exactly $2.77 left in my Steam account and several bills that are due by Monday, so I'm browsing the freebies on the itch.io website today instead of looking at the Steam sale. I've supported devs by buying their games on itch.io before, but I'm broke and downloading more Android and PC games that I don't really need makes me feel like I'm part of the middle class.
Now, now. You should strive for upper middle class, which means iOS and not Android.

Surprisingly, this Steam sale has been alright by me, but I think a lot of that has been because I've been buying and gifting a bunch of games for a friend that busted up their hands and are stuck having to play mouse-only games.

What's really surprising to me is that there really is no good list for this.
There's a few low-effort 10-game lists by the usual game websites, and Steam thankful does have a "mouse only" category, but I'm a bit disappointed in the internet... any actually searches mostly turn up forum posts.

It's very much a content pool that's barely an inch deep.

Now, now. You should strive for upper middle class, which means iOS and not Android.

Surprisingly, this Steam sale has been alright by me, but I think a lot of that has been because I've been buying and gifting a bunch of games for a friend that busted up their hands and are stuck having to play mouse-only games.

What's really surprising to me is that there really is no good list for this.
There's a few low-effort 10-game lists by the usual game websites, and Steam thankful does have a "mouse only" category, but I'm a bit disappointed in the internet... any actually searches mostly turn up forum posts.

It's very much a content pool that's barely an inch deep.
One Finger Death Punch may work for that. A lot of puzzle games would work. Slayaway Camp might work and Chime too.

Riported for talking about Kate's Bush!

Re: Steam Sale.....yeah.....no....Many games I was considering, I can just play on XBONE GAME (P)ASS......So, my virtual, virtual game backlog will keep me warm at night.....

Here are some game reviews from the XBOX Game ASS...this is relevant because the games are also on Steam:

(Goal: Find local multiplayer game that I could play with my daughter 12yrs old...anything but MINECRAFT!!!!! Yes I deviated from local co-op a bit....SO SUE ME!!!!!)

ARK: Boredom evolved (into hate) - I have to punch trees and collect stones? I want to ride a dino....PASS!

Astroneer - Eh, it might be fun, but the interface is really wonky (on the XBONE, at least) and I don't have the patience....PASS!

Super Bomberman R - Not bad....fairly easy to get into...not sure it will have staying power for me.....MAYBE

For The King - was looking forward to this one...couldn't get the game configured due to weird XBONE interface....MAYBE/PASS

WRC 4 - Nope.

Riverbond - Cool little game...easy to get into....pretty light....fun co-op.....PLAY!

Disney Epic Mickey 2 - Power of 2 - Pretty good...bunch of exposition I want to fast forward through, but co-op is fairly entertaining - MAYBE

Banjo Kazooie - I wasn't a NERDtendo kid....so, no feels for me here.....eh....not a big platformer fan either....PASS

Metro 2033 - Eh....I'm more of a KBM person for a FPS....the controller feels a bit sluggish for me....GO HOME STALKER!!!!!

Monster Hunter World - Not bad, combat feels a little...dunno....spastic?.....but interesting world....MAYBE

So there you have it....no need to buy anything during the Steam sale...you should have loaded up 3 years worth of XBONE (Ultimate) GAME ASS for cheap (I think I came out to approx $4/mo).
If it helps, but likely not as I'm only a so-so parent, my kid kicked Crackdown 3's ass and loves playing Co-Op with me. For my own personal enjoyment I enjoy starting major lockdowns and running away while she gets her butt kicked.

Talk smack to me about crashing that car 1 more time... lock down triggers... :p

This is new for me...

"2,500 Points Boosted / 7,500 Max Points"

but

"Claim 3000/5633 Points Now"

What about the other 2,000?

EDIT:

Fixed some numbers because I forgot I had 100 not boosted yet.

Yep, I let my spare change pile up and hit up Coinstar every few months, usually for the Amazon credit.  At least with Amazon the $5 is the minimum only so you just need at least $5 of change and then you get a gift card code for the total.

I just take my spare change to the bank.  They give out cash money that I can spend anywhere and they don't charge a fee.

I'm surprised, several banks around here no longer count coins for you, even if you have an account with them. They require you to bring them rolled coins for deposit; that includes a national bank, a local (regional) bank and a credit union. Maybe I just picked the wrong ones out of those categories (but the other features were right and coin counting is *not* a deal breaker for me).

The best way to get rid of spare change is self-checkouts in grocery stores, Walmart, Target, etc. when you do some shopping.

Just dump the change into the coin insert slot and let the machine do the rest of the work... kind of like your moms.

I'm surprised, several banks around here no longer count coins for you, even if you have an account with them. They require you to bring them rolled coins for deposit; that includes a national bank, a local (regional) bank and a credit union. Maybe I just picked the wrong ones out of those categories (but the other features were right and coin counting is *not* a deal breaker for me).
The one time I rolled my coins and took them all to my bank to deposit. The teller made me break them all open and use the coin counter.

My local main branch has a coin machine in the lobby.  Dump your stuff in, get a ticket and hand it to the teller for cash or deposit.

PCGamer has a story about how the former CEO of Paradox is bitching about Steam's cut.  I mainly found it funny given that Paradox created GamersGate to host and sell their games, spun it off, watched it crash and burn and then pulled all their titles off the store.  Definitely the people I want to take successful storefront and distribution platform advice from.

PCGamer has a story about how the former CEO of Paradox is bitching about Steam's cut. I mainly found it funny given that Paradox created GamersGate to host and sell their games, spun it off, watched it crash and burn and then pulled all their titles off the store. Definitely the people I want to take successful storefront and distribution platform advice from.
FlashyLeafyEuropeanpolecat-small.gif

I haven't come across that does that any more. Last place I tried had the machine in the lobby but it was always out of order and they required you bring in rolls.

Time to find a new bank.

Decent month for Twitch Prime this month even though they've all been bundled:

Cultist Simulator
For The King
The Escapists
Yooka-Laylee

Wonder if we'll get some more big games for Prime day like we did last year.

So Stellaris 2.2+ is pretty good. Scratches that space 4X itch I've had since Ascendancy.

Are there any good FAQs people use that goes just briefly on what things are, what to focus on, etc? I tried watching a Youtube video and I learned like two little things on a 30 minute video.

PCGamer has a story about how the former CEO of Paradox is bitching about Steam's cut. I mainly found it funny given that Paradox created GamersGate to host and sell their games, spun it off, watched it crash and burn and then pulled all their titles off the store. Definitely the people I want to take successful storefront and distribution platform advice from.
Apparently that 30% really adds up when you have dozens of dlc's for EUIV, CK2, HoI4. Paradox publishes Surviving Mars and that game is proof you should never buy on release. The damn season pass when on sale is $1 more expensive than the gold/complete version after 1 year.

Only thing I've bought is the latest GalCiv3 expansion as they are offering one of those complete deals if you own the base game/dlc. 50% off, $7.50 for the expansion.

This Steam sale just caused me to pay lame discounts for games i'll play soonish. It's basically all patches for games I got bundled, some VNs and some newer FPS throwbacks I want to play. Not the greatest discounts.

I'd rather not post that haul but the 3 FPS throwbacks were:

Project Warlock

DUSK

AMID EVIL

Going to play them all for less than 2 hours and see which if I want to play them. Just been interested in them.

Decent month for Twitch Prime this month even though they've all been bundled:

Cultist Simulator
For The King
The Escapists
Yooka-Laylee

Wonder if we'll get some more big games for Prime day like we did last year.
Do you get to keep those games if you cancel prime?

Hello there folks, I haven't been here due to me switching jobs and now actually having to work. Please provide an update on microwave pizza.

Hello there folks, I haven't been here due to me switching jobs and now actually having to work. Please provide an update on microwave pizza.
Is anything advertised as microwave pizza? Maybe certain brands of French bread pizza (Red Baron), single serve Totinos Party Pizza, or Bagel Bites.

I got a Pizzazz Pizza Oven like 20 years ago and haven't looked back. So good for cooking and reheating pizza. I actually use it instead of the oven for just about everything that you'd usually cook on a cookie sheet. Fries, fish, chicken, cheese sticks, spring rolls, mini tacos, etc, etc.

I just installed one of those big wood fired pizza ovens in my backyard. I’m not going to use it for cooking pizza though. I’m going to use it for something else.

bread's done
Back