Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Microsoft is having a sale on Xbox and PC games. They have a couple of their first party games as play anywhere that haven't come to steam yet on sale. If you took advantage of the game pass ultimate deal last month for $1 with the 1:1 transfer all these games are included and you don't need to buy unless you really want to own them.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/deals/games/pc?icid=deals-page_Store_XSGS20_R1_CP3_PCgames_071919&rtc=1
Sea of thieves $24.99
Gears of war 4 $9.89
State of decay 2 $14.99
Gears of war Ultimate Edition: $6.59

Some of these are decent deals but cd keys does beat a couple
Gears of war 4: $3.79
Sea of thieves $24.29

Decided I wanted to buy the Forza Horizon 4 expansions and saw that the first one has already been on sale multiple times. Too bad it's not on sale right now. Guess I'll wait, but that means I'll have to keep checking Windows store/xbox sales.

I misread that post slightly and thought it was about Assassin's Creed 0 (Zero), which is both a prequel to the original 2007 game and something that does not exist.

So that Prey deal from the past week for $8 is over and the new Quakecon deal has replaced it. Prey Digital Deluxe is now 1 penny cheaper at $7.99. I lost out on a cent by buying last night.

Bought Doom (2016) some months ago but refunded it because it ran like absolute garbage no matter what I did. I'm talking 20-30 FPS at 720p and low settings. Completely broken. Bought it again today with 14 minutes to test it out before I hit the two hour threshold. Perfect 60 FPS on Ultra. Go figure.

Bought Doom (2016) some months ago but refunded it because it ran like absolute garbage no matter what I did. I'm talking 20-30 FPS at 720p and low settings. Completely broken. Bought it again today with 14 minutes to test it out before I hit the two hour threshold. Perfect 60 FPS on Ultra. Go figure.
Glad it worked out for you, the game is incredible. Known for being one of the most well optimized recent games too so maybe the previous performance was just an outlier.

Nice, Dishonored 2 + Death of the outsider for 12 bucks. I feel like that deal was like 20 bucks or something like that in the summer sale

edit: funnily enough i've already bought more things in the several weeks since the summer sale (dishonored 2 bundle and prey mooncrash) than i did during the summer sale itself

Last edited by a moderator:
Just downloaded Galaxy 2.0 beta and sync'd (sank...sunk?) all my clients/games and it looks promising. Not sure how to manually add stuff that I manually added to Steam/Origin (mod supported launchers and stuffs). I could see myself using this as I was already one that added lots of my non-Steam games to Steam manually.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Tis a truly sad day indeed. RIP Roy Batty/John Ryder/Hobo with a Shotgun

Also, as some of you may or may not know care, the RTX 2080 SUPER is pretty meh compared to it's vanilla counterpart and the 2080ti is still too goddamned much monies, so this CAG is waiting on whatever's next (see also the rec'd specs for CP2077's uber graphix)

Tis a truly sad day indeed. RIP Roy Batty/John Ryder/Hobo with a Shotgun

Also, as some of you may or may not know care, the RTX 2080 SUPER is pretty meh compared to it's vanilla counterpart and the 2080ti is still too goddamned much monies, so this CAG is waiting on whatever's next (see also the rec'd specs for CP2077's uber graphix)
Right now it's the RTX 2070 Super at $500, the 5700 XT at $400, or else wait another year.

Just downloaded Galaxy 2.0 beta and sync'd (sank...sunk?) all my clients/games and it looks promising. Not sure how to manually add stuff that I manually added to Steam/Origin (mod supported launchers and stuffs). I could see myself using this as I was already one that added lots of my non-Steam games to Steam manually.
I got in also...finally. And yes, it's real nice. Have all your games for the major stores (Steam, GOG, Origin, UPlay, Epic, XBox, PlayStation, etc). Runs smooth, looks great, integrates stats (Achievements, Time-tracking, etc) from other services that support stuff of that sort just fine.

Seeing games you own multiple places (when you don't sort) is cool, as you roll-over a title and it'll say the game's name AND what service it's on - which is a big deal for me. Some services like Uplay, if you buy a game there and it could use only really some other service, it doesn't tell you (i.e. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive on UPlay still uses Steam). I did wish within the picture of the game, in the corner it had the symbol of what service it is on, without rolling over - which would've been even better, since I do own some games on multiple different services (i.e. I own Dead Space 1 and 2 on both Steam and Origin).

Of course, it's still easy enough to just sort by service. You can even add tags here and search by genre, which is great. And you even edit/add tags to add genres or important notes, so you can sort even further.

I also was looking for ways to add Non-Service games (i.e. Retail games or games not tied to a service program-app) - but couldn't find a way either. Is it even in this version?

Regardless - for a Beta, this thing's in great shape.

EDIT:

GOG Rep says Manual Game Adding is just not in v2.0...yet:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gog/comments/cdxbuy/is_there_a_way_to_manually_add_gamesprogram_to/etx71e3/?context=10000

Weird thing to point out about GOG 2.0 Beta is its tied to your email. I was accepted to it but the email came in on my old emai. about 3 months ago I had changed it for security reasons and I can log into my account on the website no problem, with my new email, but I cant log into the 2.0 launcher. 

I contacted support and they said my old email was whitelisted for beta but not my current one and to "Make a new account with my old email" to access the beta, but after doing that I can now access the beta BUT none of my GOG games show up in the launcher because they are tied to a different email.

When I asked them to whitelist my new email, they basically said no. Even after proving I was given access. Unfortunately I cant change my main accounts email back to my old one for a while so I cant access my GOG 2.0 launcher.

I do find it kind of odd they choose to tie the beta to your email instead of account.

Moonlighter and This War of Mine are now free on Epic Games Store.

Keep getting a 404 error when trying to redeem This War of Mine, while Moonlighter redeemed fine. Next week's Epic Freebies are interesting in that it continues with two games a week, while also having a non-indie game given away (For Honor, by Ubisoft). Not clear at this point whether it is the starter edition already given away on Steam and Uplay, or the full edition.

Interesting the next Epic Freebies continues to be two a week. Also, I wonder if For Honor is going to be the starter pack or the full game. I believe it's the first non-indie third party game given away on EGS.

Just a heads up that Super Mega Baseball 2 is (a) currently on sale for $10 (historical low), and (b) the best baseball game ever released on PC.

Also: Worms WMD, Killer Instinct and Unavowed all released on Game Pass today.

Tell me why I bought Prey Digital Deluxe and I'm still considering Dishonored 2 + Death of the Outsider AND Doom. I didn't even spend this much during the summer sale.

Interesting the next Epic Freebies continues to be two a week. Also, I wonder if For Honor is going to be the starter pack or the full game. I believe it's the first non-indie third party game given away on EGS.
I'm sure it will be the starter pack. Ubi has given away that game on every platform its on now I think. I have a ps4 copy and uplay one.

Tell me why I bought Prey Digital Deluxe and I'm still considering Dishonored 2 + Death of the Outsider AND Doom. I didn't even spend this much during the summer sale.
B/c Prey 2017, Dishonored 2, and Doom 2016 are all fantastic.

Death of the Outsider is pretty good also.

You honestly can't go wrong w/ any of those titles.

Because he wanted the best components. Duh.
Don't you mean "best bang for the $"?

i9 9900k outperforms & doesn't use as many watts as the 2700x, even though i9 costs way more $:

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i9-9900K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-2700X/4028vs3958

AMD has always had "best bang for the $" locked down, in video cards and CPU's.

Hopefully, w/ new AMD Ryzen CPU's and GPU's' it'll drive Intel and NVidia top cut down on their premium pricing n some of their stuff. Nice to see AMD, once again, getting very competitive again, as it's a win for everyone.

Intel and NVidia for the most part always seem to have had the best of the best for performance in their top part, but that's always at an insanely ridiculous premium $$ (i.e. go see 2080 Ti on Nvidia and Intel on i9 9900K).

I've been obsessed with AC Origins lately, murdering people for gold coins and assorted weaponry and animals for their bits and skins. But I'm wondering, and I think some of you nerds have purchased AC Odyssey, as it's been on sale numerous times in the last few months, whether Ubi ever implemented a "Discovery Tour" mode for that game?

I saw this deal on Green Man Gaming. It says your get 5 free games for buying it, but when I click on it there's no details. Does anyone know how this works? Thanks!

wolf.jpg

I saw this deal on Green Man Gaming. It says your get 5 free games for buying it, but when I click on it there's no details. Does anyone know how this works? Thanks!
Do I know? No.

However, I strongly suspect that what this means in GMG-speak is "buy this game and we'll give you five copies of Corporate Lifestyle Simulator or other things that Groupees would be embarrassed to put in a bundle these days."

wolf.jpg
Yes, it's pretty trash:

https://www.greenmangaming.com/summer-sale/

First 4 free games are the Intel Starter Pack:

Choose up to 4 from the following:

Full games

• Star Trek Bridge Crew
  • Archangel™: Hellfire
  • There came an Echo
  • Goat Punks
  • Gas Guzzlers Extreme
In-game content for