Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I've been obsessed with AC Origins lately, murdering people for gold coins and assorted weaponry and animals for their bits and skins. But I'm wondering, and I think some of you nerds have purchased AC Odyssey, as it's been on sale numerous times in the last few months, whether Ubi ever implemented a "Discovery Tour" mode for that game?
Yes, although in Odyssey, the Discovery Tour consists of discovering if people have gold coins, weaponry, etc by discovering how to murdalize them!

Comparing a 2700x to the 9900 or whatever is a joke.

Also. Believing that website when they are paid by intel...

Comparing the 3900x to the 9900 is better and the AMD wins in higher resolution. Comparing anything with 1080p is stupid AF

(But not to be mean...2700x is outdated AF should have saved $100 and for the 3700x)

As a side note. Got my 3900x last week...still haven’t installed it. Kind of waiting for them to get their shit sorted...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's pretty trash:

https://www.greenmangaming.com/summer-sale/

First 4 free games are the Intel Starter Pack:

Choose up to 4 from the following:

Full games

• Star Trek Bridge Crew
  • Archangel™: Hellfire
  • There came an Echo
  • Goat Punks
  • Gas Guzzlers Extreme
In-game content for

• Tera
  • Dreadnought
  • Star Trek Online
  • AdVenture Capitalist
  • Star Wars Pinball

Then the fifth game is a choice of one from this list:

https://www.greenmangaming.com/summer-sale/free-games/gold/
I went in on that deal w/ the extra games yesterday, when I bought WWE 2K19 Deluxe.

I was planning to buy WWE 2K19 Deluxe anyways (from either GMG or Fanatical), so....I figured I might as well take the rest of these games for the ride. [shrug]

A lot of little tweaks, changes, improvements from 2K18. A lot of Quality of Life type of stuff - optimization, better animations and transitions to other moves; improved lighting; more custom modes; more belts per shows to defend; more MITB stuff; bigger roster; etc.

Also, thank God for the return of Showcase Mode too. Really missed that in 2K17 (base) and 2K18 (it's just not there).

Also. Believing that website when they are paid by intel...

Comparing the 3900x to the 9900 is better and the AMD wins in higher resolution. Comparing anything with 1080p is stupid AF

(But not to be mean...2700x is outdated AF should have saved $100 and for the 3700x)

As a side note. Got my 3900x last week...still haven’t installed it. Kind of waiting for them to get their shit sorted...
Curious: since I ain't got around to looking, how are the 3900x reviews and benchies?

Curious: since I ain't got around to looking, how are the 3900x reviews and benchies?
3k series is having some weird issues with voltages and clock speeds; tho AMD has said they are working on it.

Bests the 9900 tho so it’s awesome. The 3900k is OOS everywhere and going for $700+ on eBay atm

3k series is having some weird issues with voltages and clock speeds; tho AMD has said they are working on it.

Bests the 9900 tho so it’s awesome. The 3900k is OOS everywhere and going for $700+ on eBay atm
Thanks for the info. Very interesting stuff, with AMD getting more competitive again.

Gonna have to go look at all the benchies and keep my eye on their patching/fixes that are coming.

Instead of getting Intel and NVidia just sitting there and pumping out "meh" stuff (then again, 2080 Super seemed like nothing of much new - even though it's more or less technically replacing the 2080 regular) on and off and/or not making prices competitive, here comes AMD to....finally kick them in the head again.

Good for everyone, if it causes Intel and/or NVidia to price stuff down a bit for their fans...and be a bit more reasonable. And, good of course for AMD fans, waiting for them to put out competitive products again.

The 3600 and the 3700x are the new go-to gaming processors for best value, at $199 and $329 respectively.

The 3800x are basically top binned 3700x chips and you pay a $70 premium. The 3900x is not best suited for gaming; it's a workstation or all-in-one chip. You're not getting added gaming performance there.

The 3600 and the 3700x are the new go-to gaming processors for best value, at $199 and $329 respectively.

The 3800x are basically top binned 3700x chips and you pay a $70 premium. The 3900x is not best suited for gaming; it's a workstation or all-in-one chip. You're not getting added gaming performance there.
I wouldn’t say 8+ FPS isn’t gaming performance ;)

The 3900x is pricey but if you want something for the next 2-3 years might as well future proof. Still blown away by the fact that people aren’t getting overclocking to work properly...dammit AMD dropping the ball

Though I’ve been waffling with the idea of selling my 3900x and using the money for a free 3700x

The power TDP comparison on that site is probably the biggest thing. There is no way a 9900k at its stock "boost" speed uses only 95w vs 105w 2700x.

Nevermind that the 2700X is half the cost or less right now. $200 for what was last years top of the line 8 core is a good deal. The new chips are better but if Ryzen has taught me anything, AMD still has bugs to work out on new releases and one should wait 1-3 months or more for bugs/mobos to sort themselves out. All the ram issues with first gen Ryzen mobos made me regret jumping in. I should have known better but a $250 R7 1700 deal was impossible to ignore. Paid for it in ram costs.

The power TDP comparison on that site is probably the biggest thing. There is no way a 9900k at its stock "boost" speed uses only 95w vs 105w 2700x.

Nevermind that the 2700X is half the cost or less right now. $200 for what was last years top of the line 8 core is a good deal. The new chips are better but if Ryzen has taught me anything, AMD still has bugs to work out on new releases and one should wait 1-3 months or more for bugs/mobos to sort themselves out. All the ram issues with first gen Ryzen mobos made me regret jumping in. I should have known better but a $250 R7 1700 deal was impossible to ignore. Paid for it in ram costs.
What’s funny is not all RAM issues are still fixed for gen 1 lol.

Mine still cause issues unless I do an obnoxious workaround, though it only resets if the power goes out.

Upgraded from a 24" 1080p 60hz monitor to a 27" 1440p 144hz monitor today and wow, I don't know how I had the other monitor for so long. The difference is unreal. Best of all, the monitor was only $250. 

Got mine for 2600x prices :)

Upgraded from a 24" 1080p 60hz monitor to a 27" 1440p 144hz monitor today and wow, I don't know how I had the other monitor for so long. The difference is unreal. Best of all, the monitor was only $250.
Welcome to the High Framerate Club. Awesome, ain't it? ;)

Are you using FreeSync? G-Sync?

I've been obsessed with AC Origins lately, murdering people for gold coins and assorted weaponry and animals for their bits and skins. But I'm wondering, and I think some of you nerds have purchased AC Odyssey, as it's been on sale numerous times in the last few months, whether Ubi ever implemented a "Discovery Tour" mode for that game?
A preview for that mode was teased recently. At E3 maybe? I think it's due to show up this fall. There are a few more Lost Tales of Greece due as well by the end of the year before the game is essentially done with content additions.

Is that the Dell monitor that pops up from time to time or a different one?

I played Riff Racer which is a game that must have been bundled because I have 50+ people on my list who own it. And three who actually played it (based on the in game friends tracking). It's a "play your music" game and similar to Audiosurf on the surface although Riff Racer is more of an arcade driver. The track is designed by the song and then you need to perform jumps, spins, drifts and other tricks while staying at (or in front of) the "synch" line for extra point bonuses. If you enjoyed Audiosurf then you should give Riff Racer a try since chances are most of you already own it.

Rumor has it that Ubisoft sent out emails for the an alpha test for the next Ghost Recon game...  Its going on this weekend.  So if your curious check your uplay email address.

Also, as only Ubisoft can do, they are running that cosmetic event for the next few weeks in the Division 2 that I mention a few days ago...  The outfits are not my cup of tee but I feel required to get them all.  I've tried the two new missions both are really nicely done and don't at all feel like they are tacked on with the Zoo being the clear winner...  Though it has one issue.  Its longer than some of the Strongholds.

That's most likely the next monitor I will get. But it will be another year or two before I decide to upgrade my AMD 580 graphics card. So far, AMD hasn't really responded that well to the Nvidia 20X0 series.

I wouldn’t say 8+ FPS isn’t gaming performance ;)

The 3900x is pricey but if you want something for the next 2-3 years might as well future proof. Still blown away by the fact that people aren’t getting overclocking to work properly...dammit AMD dropping the ball

Though I’ve been waffling with the idea of selling my 3900x and using the money for a free 3700x
Opinions are fine. I like the 3900x too. It's an amazing chip. But if you're spending five hundo on a PURE GAMING cpu then you get the 9900K because it's still the best gaming processor. It also doesn't have RAM problems, bugs with launching games, limited overclocking, or bios flashback issues (like Ryzen 3000 does on non-X570 boards).

No one needs 12 cores / 24 threads for gaming. That's not a thing. 8c/16t will last for many years. Games are more dependent on higher core frequency clocks.

Like what you want to like. If I was doing a new build from the ground up, I'd be considering a 3900x too. But when we're talking about either best valued CPU for gaming or best gaming CPU, the 3900x is neither.

Here is a good video to watch:  Ryzen 7 3700X vs Core i7 9700k: Can AMD Challenge Intel in Gaming?  Things are as confusing and convoluted as ever in regards to performance, but the 9700K is going to outperform the 3700X more frequently and in a wider range of situations. 

If you're using your computer as a workstation then that's different.  Or if you are streaming while you game, rendering video, or that kind of thing.  You buy a Ryzen every day of the week obviously.  But most people aren't doing that.  The Ryzen 3000 chips didn't suddenly make Intel obsolete for gaming. 

Opinions are fine. I like the 3900x too. It's an amazing chip. But if you're spending five hundo on a PURE GAMING cpu then you get the 9900K because it's still the best gaming processor. It also doesn't have software problems, bugs with launching games, limited overclocking, or bios flashback issues (like Ryzen 3000 does on non-X570 boards).

No one needs 12 cores / 24 threads for gaming. That's not a thing. 8c/16t will last for many years. Games are more dependent on higher core frequency clocks.

Like what you want to like. If I was doing a new build from the ground up, I'd be considering a 3900x too. But when we're talking about either best valued CPU for gaming or best gaming CPU, the 3900x is neither.
Agreed, just got my 3900x for $350 so I couldnt say no...and I dont wanna buy a whole new mobo going to go back to intel

Prey really has a nice grab to start things off.

I wasted a gabenpenny by buying it last week.

I don't think we'll ever see a Humble Bethesda bundle, so I'm thinking I'll spend some more steam moneys on at least Dishonored 2, and I'm considering Fallout 4, Doom, and that pack with Wolfenstein New Order and Old Blood.

A preview for that mode was teased recently. At E3 maybe? I think it's due to show up this fall. There are a few more Lost Tales of Greece due as well by the end of the year before the game is essentially done with content additions.
Cool. I think it's an interesting feature, although it's tough to tear myself away from murder sprees to calmly punt down the Nile.

At this point, I think there's a greater chance of those single-player Bethesda games showing up on Game Pass than in a Humble Monthly. Wolfenstein 2 and Prey are already up, and Doom and Fallout 4 are both on X1 GP already.

Speaking of, legit hyped by the rumor of a Doom 64 re-release. Such a fantastic and overlooked game.

At this point, I think there's a greater chance of those single-player Bethesda games showing up on Game Pass than in a Humble Monthly. Wolfenstein 2 and Prey are already up, and Doom and Fallout 4 are both on X1 GP already.

Speaking of, legit hyped by the rumor of a Doom 64 re-release. Such a fantastic and overlooked game.
Bethesda has some kind of aversion of Humble and/or bundles in general.

Bethesda has some kind of aversion of Humble and/or bundles in general.
They also have a history of running a discount and then going years before seeing as good a discount again. Fallout New Vegas Ultimate is currently $5 and hasn't seen that price since 2014.

They also have a history of running a discount and then going years before seeing as good a discount again. Fallout New Vegas Ultimate is currently $5 and hasn't seen that price since 2014.
which, by the way, if you don't own that you should buy it now to prove you're not a sociopath

sweet deal. Yeah, when you already have a good mobo it practically makes the decision for you.

The new X570 are expensive too! I was daydreaming looking at cheap used Crosshair VI hero, wondering if that was plausible for a 3700X.
If you end up going with ASUS, save yourself the frustration I faced and use a USB 2.0 stick to flash the mobo. Logically 3.0 should work, but after looking around, they fired their only competent dev a year or two back and things have been miserable since.

which, by the way, if you don't own that you should buy it now to prove you're not a sociopath
Sure, us long-timers all picked it up years ago, but would a true CAG who showed up sometime in the past three years have bought it when it was never as cheap as it's cheapest price?

Why are these Bethesda sales actually decent, though? Did Todd Howard realize that releasing Skyrim 17 times wasn't paying off?

I had gotten New Vegas base game cheap a long time ago but never picked up the DLC.  Probably grab it now.  Plus I'm sure it's required to play Project California or w/e that mod is called.

The dlc is pretty great, definitely worth playing
Agreed. All of them range from pretty good to great.

A really special mention for Old World Blues from me. IMHO, it's one of the best DLC's that I've ever played. Love that DLC.

FO:NV DLC's are all must-have, IMHO.

After a couple days, the "ignore" feature is working again on the Steam store.

Now I can get back to browsing my queue and ignoring all the shovelware and hentai puzzles.

After a couple days, the "ignore" feature is working again on the Steam store.

Now I can get back to browsing my queue and ignoring all the shovelware and hentai puzzles.
Finally. Feel like it's been over a week. I got a folder full of bookmarked games to ignore.

bread's done
Back