Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm wrong, but Steam never used to show demos and DLC in the Discovery Queue. Now it's showing those... It's even showing demos for games you own.

EDIT:

Well, I got a set of 12 demos and DLCs, but no more. So maybe it was some weird glitch.
Just wait until they start putting that in the "whats new" shelf in the new game library UI.

Is it too late for entries?

How about Just Cause 3?

Assassins Creed Origins?

I've only played one of them so far, but those Lara Croft games are pretty good.

Nvidia's list to run Red Dead Redemption 2 PC at 60fps are all RTX cards:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/11/05/red-dead-redemption-2-nvidia-recommended-graphics-cards/

Notes of (RTX) cards needed for 60fps:

- RTX 2080 Ti for 4K (2160p) at Medium to High Settings

- RTX 2070 Super for 1440p at High Settings

- RTX 2060 for 1080p at High Settings

red_dead_redemption_nvidia_geforce_recommended_graphics_cards.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, it's not too late to get both of those great games. Multiply one (Just Cause 3) by another (Assassins Creed Origins) and you have TWO great games worth playing. If you listen to the sheep, you can allow yourself just to play one (1 x 1 = 1 according to them, probably the same idiots who use the Epic Store over Steam because they've been brainwashed to do that as well). But to everyone else you can enjoy two games because 1 x 1 = 2 in this case. So treat yourself to both my friend.
giphy.gif

Nvidia's list to run Red Dead Redemption 2 PC at 60fps are all RTX cards:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/11/05/red-dead-redemption-2-nvidia-recommended-graphics-cards/

Notes of (RTX) cards needed for 60fps:

- RTX 2080 Ti for 4K (2160p) at Medium to High Settings

- RTX 2070 Super for 1440p at High Settings

- RTX 2060 for 1080p at High Settings
And proof that not even before a year is out, the $350 2060 can't handle 1080p games at more than high settings. Its totally a low end 1440p card though. Same with the 1660. Nvidia told us so. It just works!

Anyone here take the plunge to beta test RDR2 for the sake of improving it's Steam release? Reading that performance is not so bueno.
I pre-ordered it, read threads of horror stories at lunch hour, came home from work and installed it, clicked Play expecting all hell to break loose and.....no problems whatsoever. I picked a balanced graphics setup with most stuff on medium, 1440p 60hz limit. I ran the benchmark and hit a max of 63FPS. Started playing the game for real and 2 hours in no issues. It looks great - could be a bit sharper but medium for this could pass for high on most other games. My specs are:

Ryzen 5 2600x

RTX 2060 vanilla

16 GB 3200 RAM

installed it on a SSD drive

using 49" Sony x900e TV as a monitor so 1440p is like 60DPI but it still looks pretty damn good.

I am looking forward to getting a hypothetical RTX 3070 next year and seeing how good this game can really look!

Finished The Outer Worlds in like 15 hours. Fun times, worth a game pass month for sure.
Finished it last night, too. I was surprised when it ended since I figured I was maybe halfway through the main story. Fun game, but way too easy. Never felt like my skills/perk points really mattered. All you need is a strong gun and you can plow through the game with ease, kind of like a night at Weiler's mom's house in that way.

Do you think Star Wars Battlefront II on PC is worth it on clearance for $13 at Target?  I'd like to pewpew things for a few hours and check it out.  Or do the MTX's completely ruin the game still, and it's certain to give me a heavy flow period?

Do you think Star Wars Battlefront II on PC is worth it on clearance for $13 at Target?
It's origin only right? I believe it was $5 on origin once or twice including last holiday season. Probably will be again.

If you can tolerate SW then the $5 is worth it for the space battles.

Do you think Star Wars Battlefront II on PC is worth it on clearance for $13 at Target? I'd like to pewpew things for a few hours and check it out. Or do the MTX's completely ruin the game still, and it's certain to give me a heavy flow period?
Haven't touched the MP. Can't speak on that.

The SP Campaign was a blast though, despite its brevity - i.e. the typical 5-10 hours or so for this type of DICE-developed shooter/action game. I really hope they do a BF3 with another really fun and variety-laced SP Campaign.

You play missions mostly as Iden Versio [played by Janina Gavankar of True Blood HBO TV series fame (she played Luna) and who voiced Amita in Far Cry 4], who goes through this transformation (she's the best developed character in the game). When playing as Iden, you can play stealthy, straight-up first-person shooter, and/or try a mix of both.

You can also play as Luke, Leia, Hans Solo, Yoda and other important characters in the franchise - as they all do somehow have a tie-in with Iden and/or the story itself. Also, you do have X-Wing missions, vehicular missions, lightsaber-based missions, and other missions besides the usual shootout stuff - which keeps the gameplay varied and fun.

just opened up the xbox app looking for something to pirate play and noticed they had a "Leaving gamepas" section. the games are, the surge, pony island, and tyranny leaving on the fifteenth. so for those wondering, there ya go.

just opened up the xbox app looking for something to pirate play and noticed they had a "Leaving gamepas" section.
Bleh @ games leaving Game Pass.

I guess this is why we have to actually play these games ASAP once they are on the Pass; and/or just eventually go buy them (if we ain't finished them) so that we actually have them.

the games are, the surge, pony island, and tyranny leaving on the fifteenth. so for those wondering, there ya go.
Never heard of Pony Island, yet...it's somehow in my Steam backlog.

Tyranny is great. Own that on Steam.

Ain't owned Surge yet. Played it on Steam free weekend and really liked it.

Pony Island was in a Humble.

Or at least I think it was.
The Humble microJumbo Bundle, to be precise.

I just spent 2.5 hours engrossed in Planet Zoo, trying to get those f*ckin' animals' average happiness up to 90%. Picky animals. Man, Frontier makes addictive sims.

The Humble microJumbo Bundle, to be precise.

I just spent 2.5 hours engrossed in Planet Zoo, trying to get those f*ckin' animals' average happiness up to 90%. Picky animals. Man, Frontier makes addictive sims.
tenor.gif

Engrossing!

Reviews have not been great. Sounds like Daryl from Walking Dead is a FedEx delivery man for a significant part of the game. Shot their wad on motion-capturing actors/actresses and spackled a game into the cracks.

Will watch on YouTube or pick up in CAG cesspool next year for $1....am I doing this right Mooby?
Same lol. Dude should just make movies.

Death Stranding looks like everything I hated about the Metal Gear series with none of the good stuff. I'd agree that Kojima should just make movies, but they'd be terrible. Hopefully Darth Strandling comes to Switch some day because it looks like the perfect game for playing on the toilet.

I would be much more inclined to pick up Death Stranding if it didn't seem like it takes 75+ hours to finish.  I'm with Sweet Brown on this one.

d8e70ced94ff5310011dfc7a05df7f5b798cc661f8aff59df5f075d5445c0c15.jpg

I'll be on the other side of the argument in that Death Stranding seems really intriguing to me.  I've always loved interactive fiction, so I guess I'm more the target audience.

I'll be on the other side of the argument in that Death Stranding seems really intriguing to me. I've always loved interactive fiction, so I guess I'm more the target audience.
I'm in the same boat. Walking Simulators may genuinely be my favorite genre but I've just never bought what Kojima has been selling. His eccentricities are a bit overly cultivated for my tastes. I'll take him over David Cage any day of the week, though...

Reviews have not been great. Sounds like Daryl from Walking Dead is a FedEx delivery man for a significant part of the game. Shot their wad on motion-capturing actors/actresses and spackled a game into the cracks.

Will watch on YouTube or pick up in CAG cesspool next year for $1....am I doing this right Mooby?
I've been following reviews, yes.

I'm hoping it gets cheap quick or Humble'd. Still intrigued by it, none-the-less.

Also, Kotaku had an interesting article, comparing Chapter 1+2 of Death Stranding to DA: Inquisition's Hinterlands, saying gamers need to stick w/ main quest on those chapters, just to try to get to Chapter 3 fast to get to more of the action & equipment fast.

Kotaku article - https://kotaku.com/psa-get-to-death-stranding-chapter-3-as-quickly-as-pos-1839720986

Don't forget to complain in 2-3 years when the game is still just 25-30% off in Steam summer/winter sales.

So the entire point of Death Stranding is that you make lengthy deliveries across an open-world while avoiding obstacles and dealing with inclement weather? That's the entire gameplay loop? Sounds tedious and dull.

On a completely unrelated note, the new Utah DLC for American Truck Simulator looks fantastic. Great game, highly recommended.

So the entire point of Death Stranding is that you make lengthy deliveries across an open-world while avoiding obstacles and dealing with inclement weather? That's the entire gameplay loop? Sounds tedious and dull.
As a rural mail carrier I think I can definitely rule out wanting to play Death Stranding then

Never been a fan of Kojima. He's too eccentric and pretentious, and any movie he makes would just be a weeby version of a Michael Bay film.

bread's done
Back