Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
After looking into, I'm slightly confused about the Gold, too. I mean, does it include the DLC or whatever that lets you play Hitman 1 with/in the Hitman 2 features?
If you own Hitman 1 already, you don't even have to purchase Hitman 2 to play the original missions in the sequel. Just install the Hitman 2 starter pack and after you run the game once, the Hitman 1 missions should show up.

If you don't own Hitman 1 already, though, you'll have to buy either the Legacy DLC or the full Hitman 1 game to get those missions in Hitman 2. It's not included with Gold.

Whether or not Gold is worth the extra money: I haven't played the game yet but even ignoring the sniper maps and any extra weapon/outfits, it's $4 more for two more maps. I see no reason not to get Gold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, this is the first time Sonic Mania’s DLC has been bundled, or Sonic Forces. If you don’t already have Sonic Mania basegame, I’d say $10 tier’s worth it.

Since they were first released, I've tried to convince myself to grab a Steam controller, but I always come back to the fact that I just don't need it. Even at just $13 all in, I've seen enough reviews/posts about buttons and pads ceasing to work properly after awhile that I figure I'll just stick with an X1 or 360 controller.
It's good for what it is and what it does. But it did not replace my Xbox 360 or Xbox One controllers. It works quite well for people like myself who went from gaming on consoles to gaming on PC, however, and it helped me to get acclimated to playing games that required a mouse and keyboard instead of a controller. For instance, games such as 1000000 and You Must Build A Boat are actually fun for me now using the touchpad on the Steam controller, but I find them to be very difficult when playing them with a mouse. It's a great controller for those types of match three games. Strategy games are also very fun when using the controller. Platformers suck with the Steam controller though.

And I grabbed one for $13 even though I already own one (I had $2 on my account, so it was $11 and some change out of pocket). I wanted to buy a carrying case and a battery door for the controller, but the shipping went way up, so I removed them from the cart.

How do we add more than one item to the cart ? Cant seem to add a second controller it says in cart already :(
Looks like they started limiting it to one per customer. Someone on Reddit says they were able to place a second order so unfortunately you're stuck doing it that way if you want more than one.

Are the Trails in the Sky sequels ever lower in price than around $20?
According to ITAD, neither game has ever dropped below $19.49.

I have never seen people in such despair as those in the 'Removed Games Collectors' Steam group whose game counts and Steam levels dropped due to Valve removing all games from Dagestan Technology and their alias companies.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/RemGC/discussions/9/1736595131052961774/?ctp=106#c1661194916751018903

"dammit, there goes my 10k :/"

"Finally caught up with me. Lost almost 300 count and my 8K badge."

"Just lost almost 600 games lol..."

"my badge was updated yesterday and there are 3100 points missing."

"the same for me. -500 games and -1 steam lvl"

"My game count decreased on 521 and this way I lost 521 XP and went into negative amount for my level:"

"574 lost games here, 5 DLCs and around 90 Steam cards which can no longer be sold. Thanks Valve for taking a dump over your customers once again!"

tLxsVei.gif

Are the Trails in the Sky sequels ever lower in price than around $20?
I assume you're asking about SC and 3rd, in which case the current sale price matches each title's historical low.

This is my favorite series so I view them to be well worth it. SC is basically part 2 of the same story as the first game and is an absolute must. 3rd is a different sort of game and is not as essential.

Steam controllers are a nice novelty, but I'd imagine most people will go back to using their xbox/ps4 controller after trying it a couple of times.

Whether or not Gold is worth the extra money: I haven't played the game yet but even ignoring the sniper maps and any extra weapon/outfits, it's $4 more for two more maps. I see no reason not to get Gold.
Hitman 2 basic is $12 on GMG, Gold is $18.99 on IG , which is $7 difference (unless I am getting things wrong again)

Hitman 2 basic is $12 on GMG, Gold is $18.99 on IG , which is $7 difference (unless I am getting things wrong again)
I was going by the IndieGala price, didn't even bother looking elsewhere, so yeah, $7 difference in this case. $7 for two maps (one supposedly compact, the other much more open) and a few other things that don't seem all that enticing. But if you're the kind of person who plays Hitman maps several times over, getting as much mileage out of them as possible, it still seems like it would be worth it. If you play a map once and then move along, then YMMV.

I bought Hitman 2: Gold last week ("bleh" @ it now a small bit cheaper). I'm some 5 hours in.

Basically, Hitman 2 (2018) is more Hitman 1 (2016). And if that sounds good to you, then you're going to love this.

There's basically more ways to kill, more special kills per special targets, more interesting locations, more big sandboxes to explore, and it improves on the storytelling/plot/narrative. In Hitman 2016, it felt like it was just building its story by the end...and it ends - but here it's continuing and getting more interesting. Don't expect the story to be anything special or its development to go to a deep in-depth part, though. The plot's building off the last game, but don't expect depth; this isn't an Obsidian game.

There are some tweaks and cool things here - i.e. "Stories" within missions & a picture within a small windows to show some extra stuff on-going nearby. This stuff can really help the player, who isn't that great at this Hitman stuff. Though, those w/ Hitman series experience might want to try a harder difficulty and/or turn off a lot of the newer features that make the game more accessible to players.

This here honestly feels like a better and much more refined, tweaked, and fine-tuned Hitman 2016.

If that sounds good to you, you're going to love this.

BTW, has anyone played Hitman 1 (2016): Patient Zero DLC? Looks like that's $4 for me, after some discounts. Looks like Hitman 2: Legacy Pack is also $5.

Is that the best deal of this sale? Hitman gold?
One of them, probably. Hitman 2: Gold is awesome, so far.

RE2 Remake for $17 sounds pretty good too. Ain't played RE2 Remake, but heard great things about it.

I'm likely going to go in on Batman: Enemy Within and Sherlock: Crimes.

EDIT:

Grabbed Resident Evil 2 at Gamersgate for $14.85, https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-RESIDENT-EVIL-2-BIOHAZARD-RE-2-REL/resident-evil-2-biohazard-re-2 which appears to be a now low price.
Crap, that's even better. Buying.

One of them, probably. Hitman 2: Gold is awesome, so far.

RE2 Remake for $17 sounds pretty good too. Ain't played RE2 Remake, but heard great things about it.

I'm likely going to go in on Batman: Enemy Within and Sherlock: Crimes.

EDIT:

Crap, that's even better. Buying.
VOxJShq.gif

I think I bought a steam link 2 years ago. About a year ago I unboxed it and set it next to the TV where it remains. Ordered a steam controller today to keep it company.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Grabbed Resident Evil 2 at Gamersgate for $14.85, https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-RESIDENT-EVIL-2-BIOHAZARD-RE-2-REL/resident-evil-2-biohazard-re-2 which appears to be a now low price. Otherwise moderately tempted by Sekiro and Code Vein, but will probably hold off since I won't have time for Sekiro and Code Vein being Bamco will almost certainly be Humble Monthly/Choice fodder.
Thanks for mentioning the Gamersgate sale. Been years since I bought anything from them, but I'm tempted by that $15 RE2, $15 Phoenix Wright, $18 Dominions 5, and maybe $19 RE7 gold edition. Remains to be seen if I'll actually buy anything, but they're on my radar more than the Steam prices.

Hey I'm caught up on this thread again.  Looks like our resident troll has visited twice since I last posted.  Not many pizza posts but at least 1x1 still equals flat earth.  Other than logging into FFXIV when I have some time and running around aimlessly I have not been playing anything lately.  The upside is I also haven't been buying anything.  I have games installed that I started to play last winter and still have not made it back to them yet.  *shrugs*   I did grab a couple of cheap things today with card money that I'll play before I die, possibly.  But ignoring any bigger purchases that interest me since I know I will not be playing them even remotely soon.   Also was debating on a steam controller but I would probably never use it.  No idea if there are any BF deals I would want.  I haven't even had time to look at any BF ads at all so I might just say screw it and ignore the whole thing this year.  

So hey Battleborn is shutting down in early 2021.  I didn't know it wasn't already shut down.  So uh, yeah.  Go play it while you can. I think it still has about twenty people playing it.

Steam Sale: Autumn 2019 Sale - MY HAUL (So Far...):

Gamersgate - Steam keys:

Devil May Cry 5 (Standard) = $14.85

Resident Evil 5 (Standard) = $14.85

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishment = $3.02

Steam:

Batman: The Enemy Within (Telltale) = $3.74  (before tax)

Hitman: Essential Collection (for Hitman: Patient Zero DLC & GOTY Outfit Bundle) = $3.48 (before tax)

-> Steam Total for above two items = $7.67 (after tax)

WinGameStore:

The Elder Scrolls Online - Elsweyr (Digital Upgrade) [ESO DRM] = $10.50

Humble:

Sonic 2019 Humble Bundle - Full Bundle (Steam keys) = $10

GOG:

Epic Pinball: Complete Edition = 59 cents.

Gifted To Me - Special Thanks to those gifting me stuff:

Galactic Civilization III: Crusade Expansion - via Steam.

Latest Update = 12/02/2019.

My haul so far:

The Castles of Dr. Creep (Standard) - $0.49

Bloons TD 6 (Also Standard) - $0.99

I have the best haul, the very best haul, everyone says so. Bigly.

The bottom line is this: TrumpCat, when he brags about his haul, you know, he reminds me of that guy in "The Wizard of Oz," you know, when you pull back the curtain, it's a really small dude?

bread's done
Back