Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Hm. Had decided to pull the trigger on that bundle, and now everything advertised on the Sony store is out of stock. It's weird that Sony is out of PS4s; that seems like Microsoft running out of copies of Windows. Oh well.

Went ahead and picked up the Pro. I decided last night to give my PS3 and related paraphernalia to my brother to sell to GameStop for credit. It's just gathering dust in my bedroom anyway.

Stop tempting me to join the bald assassins guild.
YVokphRb5fLWuiESBTQypL-1200-80.gif

Is it just me or do Black Friday deals suck this year?  Across the board.  Even checking out clothing or general goods from Amazon, department stores, etc.

Is it just me or do Black Friday deals suck this year? Across the board. Even checking out clothing or general goods from Amazon, department stores, etc.
This is always how its been. Couple wizbang discounts on cheap crap to get people in the door/site, everything else is the same discount its always been the entire year

I've seen a few deals on stuff I didn't want or need that were good but even the doorbuster type stuff this year seemed really weak compared to the past, I think this is a trend though and it is just getting more noticeable.  There were some good deals on stuff like blu-ray discs and places like Lowes, Kohls had a few good deals.   I think a lot of the insane doorbuster stuff is going away due to the various problems black friday madness has caused combined with people getting  used to black friday just being the time to shop and going and buying regardless of how good the deals actually are.  I'm glad that I have not seen many deals that tempted me.  I am trying to not buy too much random shit this fall because I'd like to get a good OLED or similar TV after New Years if there is a good enough deal.  Not holding my breath though, there were no deals last year that were low enough for me to bite.  I've tried to nab a few clearance TVs the last couple of years but I've never been lucky enough to catch one before someone else gobbles them up.

Is it just me or do Black Friday deals suck this year? Across the board. Even checking out clothing or general goods from Amazon, department stores, etc.
I've seen a few good deals in tech and a lot that are meh. Many things that are just a few bucks off prices from 1-2 months ago. 1tb SSD that was $85 last month is now $79.

There were some tempting stuff, but didn't buy them.

Bunch of decent 4K TV deals out there - but eh, already have a good Samsung 4K TV. Don't need another one...yet. This one still works great.

I saw this desktop listed at Microcenter (with a AMD 3700x, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD & GTX 2070 Super) for $1300 and been staring at it for a week or so, but I don't really need this - https://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.aspx?sku=959445&utm_source=20191123_eNews_SE_MISC_Gaming_R5555&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=R5555&MccGuid=0299da34-7f90-4cc9-ae56-e7978154812a

I saw this Acer Triton 700 laptop (with a GTX 1080 and 32 GB RAM) online at B&H, but don't need it and it's already sold out - https://www.laptopmag.com/news/this-dollar999-acer-predator-triton-700-is-the-best-black-friday-gaming-laptop-deal-so-far?fbclid=IwAR1OcRr1vXoXtYc6YNDKsFnUC9XT6VSAArTAmhT0gWcRBPZq_L_b_SFY4G8

Though, I did end up with a for Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 for $100. Been meaning to get a new tablet for a spell, since my NUVision W10 Tab is beat-up and getting old. Digging the Galaxy so far, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most of my Game Purchases so far during this Steam Autumn Sale have digitally came from our long-term friend, AshotP at Gamersgate. Nice to see Ashot bringing the deals again!

I think a few more will come soon from Gamersgate, GamesPlanet, and Steam. Depends on if anybody beats out each others' deals in next few days...or not.

Oh, and gotta get that 59 cents Epic Pinball on GOG.

Well, looks like that $1000 Acer Triton 700 Laptop deal is back on B&H:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1500488-REG/acer_nh_q2laa_002_predator_triton_700_i7_7700hq.html/SID/2d0788ee127911ea897b02d4353d21bf0INT?SID=laptopmag-2248120178057746731

i7 7700 HQ; 32 GB RAM; 512 GB SSD; 8GB GTX 1080 Max-Q; 15.6'' 1080p Screen; Thunderbolt 3 port; USB C port; three USB 3 ports; USB 2.0 port.
“32 GB RAM”

Is that still overkill for gaming, or have there been releases that actually make use of that much RAM yet?

Modding some games it can be useful but no games need it out of the box and some of the games that can use the extra ram (Cities Skylines) really can never have enough if you go mod crazy anyway so it still doesn't really matter.  32, 64, 48,000... modders will find a way to use it all and need more.

“32 GB RAM”

Is that still overkill for gaming, or have there been releases that actually make use of that much RAM yet?
Currently overkill.

None of the games I'm running, none of them eat that kind of RAM at 1080p at normally High settings. Lucky if they even eat around 8-10GB, TBH. [shrug]

Most of my current PC's - my gaming laptops and desktops - they only have 16GB RAM.

But, if you want to future proof - sure, go for 32GB out the gate. [shrug]

Could be useful to go high on RAM on a laptop, though - as you won't have to un-screw the damn thing open, move crap around (depends on where stuff's placed), and try to get at the RAM to upgrade anytime soon.

One could & should always check and make sure their PC can later be upgrade-able to either 32GB or 64GB, if future-proofing.

Just in case anyone else was thinking about buying a PS4 this weekend, I was just noodling around on Amazon and they're offering the same bundle that was available from Sony directly earlier for the same price here. It's not in stock until 12/4 but Prime shipping is available.

Bald Assassins Guild.

Hitman 2: Gold Edition (2018).

After almost 14 hours on Play-through #1 here, Hitman 2: Gold Edition [2018] (PC/Steam) has been finished. An excellent stealth/action/adventure game; and a great follow-up & refinement of everything that made the previous Hitman game (Hitman 2016 Reboot) so great in the first place.

Can't wait for more!

MysterD, I take it I should buy the Patient Zero stuff as well? I have the first game but not GOTY version. There are 3 things to buy on Steam that look like they give me the same thing. Cheapest is to buy it for Hitman1.

MysterD, I take it I should buy the Patient Zero stuff as well? I have the first game but not GOTY version. There are 3 things to buy on Steam that look like they give me the same thing. Cheapest is to buy it for Hitman1.
I'm in the same boat as you.

I also own Hitman: GOTY, so I'm also missing Patient Zero.

Probably going to also buy what I'm missing for H1, as when you launch H2 and connect online...it checks all of your H1 stuff and carries what you own over to H2.

More on how H1 and H2 Legacy Stuff works over here - https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-legacy-faq/

I've gone back and forth on Hitman 2 for the last 3 days and I just fuck ing know that as soon as I make the purchase, that shit is going to end up in the next Monthly.

I'm waiting for the Monthly or the day I finally decide to upgrade my old-ass CPU, whichever comes first.

BTW, didn't even realize that Phoenix Point is releasing Day 1 on Game Pass for PC this Tuesday. So that's something to look forward to after I get done shoveling a foot of snow.

The Elder Scrolls Online - Elsweyr Package (TESO DRM) - 78% off @ $12.96

• Includes TESO base-game
  • Includes also Morrowind, Summerset, and Elsweyr chapters/expansions.
You happen to know if that can activate on an existing account? Haven't got Summerset yet but I do have TESO and Morrowind. Didn't even know Elsweyr retail included Summerset, not a big TESO fan but it might be worth nabbing for two more expansions to dink around in.

BTW, didn't even realize that Phoenix Point is releasing Day 1 on Game Pass for PC this Tuesday. So that's something to look forward to after I get done shoveling a foot of snow.
No kidding? Well hot damn. Was really curious about that, glad to hear it.

You happen to know if that can activate on an existing account? Haven't got Summerset yet but I do have TESO and Morrowind. Didn't even know Elsweyr retail included Summerset, not a big TESO fan but it might be worth nabbing for two more expansions to dink around in.
Looks like it, yes.

Read this post on Reddit, explaining this all - https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/e42l21/wingamestore_the_elder_scrolls_online_elsweyr/f96jhnw/

Basically...when they release a new big pack, they release a Package w/ everything so far: i.e. Elseweyr Package contains every main content piece so far - TESO, Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr...and whatever you're missing (if you have an account already), you basically receive what's missing.

Upgrade Editions are really for those basically only needing that one piece; it's for us up-graders to save $.

Hard pulls go away in months, so unless you are buying a house/car soon, it doesnt matter.
A hard pull lasts 2 years on your credit profile.

I have the chase amazon prime card, not sure if that is the card you are talking about here. I normally don't go for cashback cards, but if you shop a lot at amazon(I sure do), the chase card gives a flat 5% cash back on amazon purchases. It is 6% on prime day.

The discount also applies at whole foods, but I use a different card for grocery purchases(amex gold). Generally cards that give flexible points are king, because the points are flexible(like amex mr points or chase ur points, they can be used for flight tickets, hotels, and give a lot more bang for your buck than a straight cash back credit card, that said, 5% cashback on amazon is pretty solid. Chase did not do a hard pull on my credit when I got the chase amazon prime card, because I have other chase credit cards).

To get back on track, I only bought a couple of games this BF, Sherlock Holmes crimes and punishment, and Batman Enemy within.

There was a nice lego star wars millenium falcon kit for 40% off(only 500$ instead of 800) but I didn't get on the waitlist in time and it was sold out. It can wait a year or 2(or 10) but hardly something I need.

*insert joke about how Dracula is immortal and how time is meaningless (time, but not credit card cashback/points/etc) then laugh at it like this:

GrayCriminalAntelopegroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

So I have a 970 Nvidia graphics card and decided to update to a GTX 1660 Ti Blower. That's a good card, and upgrade, right? *looks at MysterD*

Card was $269 at Rakuten, but I had $30 in points, so it was $240 (ish) plus I get $80 back in points via some offer or another...

Somebody validate my spending, pleeeeeese! 

So I have a 970 Nvidia graphics card and decided to update to a GTX 1660 Ti Blower. That's a good card, and upgrade, right? *looks at MysterD*

Card was $269 at Rakuten, but I had $30 in points, so it was $240 (ish) plus I get $80 back in points via some offer or another...

Not at that price, no. I would have gotten a 1660 Super for $220 or less.

You have brought shame to your family.

bread's done
Back