Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
SeasonalCAG A Christmas Story Habitual Watcher:

Merry XMAS Brohs!

What be better way to celebrate than with seasonal pc upgrades:
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K Delid with Copper Top
Cooler: Noctua NH D15 chromax.black

Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390
PSU: Corsair RM1000x

Misc: EVGA PowerLink for 2080 ti

Misc: EVGA Red Trim Kit for 2080 ti

Holiday bonus photo to make my turntables happy with RDR2 soundtrack:

Holiday Edit: Forgot I rejoined the Ultrawide Master Race:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F-B 1440p 144hz
Nice to see another Ultrawide user ever since I moved to one years ago I just can't go back to normal 16:9 monitors

There appears to be a fundamental misunderstanding at work here: there is a difference between having a significant female rear-end and coveting many such items. Being a habitual rulebreaker, the noble and defiant Sir Mix-a-Lot would regularly covet his neighbor's ass, despite the prohibition in Exodus against that very thing.

Also, I see no evidence that she partakes in mixing on a regular basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
TU4fAx.gif

I don't care for ultrawides because of the glare and/or reflection created from the curved monitor.  I know other people find them to be more immersive but I think the bending is distracting, bc it also bends the lighting from the room. 

I don't care for ultrawides because of the glare and/or reflection created from the curved monitor. I know other people find them to be more immersive but I think the bending is distracting, bc it also bends the lighting from the room.
Sir Mix-a-Lot disapproves of your disdain for ultrawides.
hHPOJqf.png

I don't care for ultrawides because of the glare and/or reflection created from the curved monitor. I know other people find them to be more immersive but I think the bending is distracting, bc it also bends the lighting from the room.
Curved? Mine isn't curved and no extra glare.
Curved ultrawide wouldn't be bad though.

I feel like a "Baby Got Back" reference is in order here--if only anyone still remembered the lyrical stylings and cunning beats of Sir Mix-a-Lot. Youth of today, once there strode among us a colossus known for his frequent mixing and love of substantial female rear-ends. . . .
A. "Baby Got Back is my #1 go to karaoke song. (FYI "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" is #3
https://youtu.be/vNVguvNE7qc
)

B. Nikki Minaj sampled it in he song "Anaconda" (I bet you can guess which part.)

C. There is no C

You do know there is Non Curved Ultra-Wide Monitors right? My next upgrade is a bigger Ultrawide than the current 29-Inch one I have and will prob get a curved one I can see the light maybe being an issue but also the panel affects it

Another regift tomorrow for the Epic Game Store free game (Hyper Light Drifter).

Beggars can't be choosers, but it seems like when they announced 12 days of free games, they could have mentioned something like "including a few encore appearances from some of our most popular free game titles!" to avert the disappointment. 

Another regift tomorrow for the Epic Game Store free game (Hyper Light Drifter).

Beggars can't be choosers, but it seems like when they announced 12 days of free games, they could have mentioned something like "including a few encore appearances from some of our most popular free game titles!" to avert the disappointment.
I'm still having trouble getting into my Epic account. But I just gave up since I already have most of these games on Steam anyway. :whistle2:k

Day 8. Just kidding. The trivia contest/challenge is indeed over for 2019.

. . . which means it's time for the 2019 Steam Key Blowout!

Up for grabs:

Age of Wonders III

Crusader Kings II

Legends of Eisenwald

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II--Retribution

Octahedron

Port Royale 3

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

Spice Road

Take On Helicopters

Jalopy

Distrust

Scanner Sombre

The Flame in the Flood

Valhalla Hills

I Am Bread

Syberia 1 and 2

Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders

Curse: The Eye of Isis

Return to Mysterious Island

Yesterday: Origins

The Journey Down 1 and 2

The Invisible Hours

The Last Door Season 1

The Last Door Season 2

Face Noir

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller

The Detail: Season One

The Lion's Song Season Pass

Deponia: The Complete Journey

Deponia: Doomsday

Hector:Badge of Carnage

A Story About My Uncle

President for a Day - Floodings

The 39 Steps

Gray Matter

Lost Civilisation

Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened

Nostradamus - The Last Prophecy

To The Moon

Amerzone: The Explorer's Legacy

The Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure

Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse

Read Only Memories

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine

Bastion

Jet Set Knights

Gunman Tales

Magrunner: Dark Pulse

Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation

Town of Light

The Hex

Evergarden

Empire of Angels IV

Chinese Paladin: Sword and Fairy 6

Almost There: The Platformer

Rusty Lake Paradise

Surviving Mars

Cities in Motion 2

NAIRI: Tower of Shirin

Republique

Project CARS

STALKER: Clear Sky

Headlander

GoNNER

Soul Calibur VI

Equilinox

Odyssey: The Story of Science

Squad

Distance

Analogue: A Hate Story

Pound of Ground

Moonlighter

Love is Dead

Paratopic

11-11 Memories Retold

Wandersong

The First Tree

Purrfect Date

Niche

Dungeons 3

Epistory - Typing Chronicles

Invisigun Heroes

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1

Full Metal Furies

Bleed 2

Rapture Rejects

Shuyan Saga

Beholder

Orwell: Keeping An Eye On You

Immortal Redneck

Black The Fall

Killing Floor

Screencheat

Borderlands 2

Fallen Enchantress

Tempest

King of Dragon Pass

Helium

Homefront

Saints Row 2

Puzzle Agent 1 and 2

Telltale Texas Hold 'Em

They Bleed Pixels

The Deadly Tower of Monsters

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

CONSORTIUM

Stronghold Crusader 2

Else.Heart(Break)

Dungeons 2

Shantae: Risky's Revenge

King's Bounty: Dark Side

Shadowrun Returns

Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: The Last Stand (standalone)

Lost Planet 3

and of course,

Bad Rats

What are the rules?

1. Never talk about FIght Club.

2. Seriously, don't talk about FIght Club. It was a terrible movie.

3. PM with five choices of games that you'd like.

4. Be patient. I'm expecting a number of PMs in response to this post, and I have to work this week.

5. Please only request keys for games you'd personally like to add to your library, not for resale.

6. Be kind to others. Actually, you know what? That's rule # 0. Okay. So do that. Then talk about Fight Club if you absolutely have to, but be kind first.

7. Someone WILL end up with Lost Planet 3 and Bad Rats before this is over.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas!

This giveaway will remain open until I run out of stuff or I'm left with the dregs that nobody appears to want.

Also, if you have a PS4 and you haven't played Spider-Man, what are you waiting for?! It's great!

Anyone been buying games on the EGS?  I was thinking about buying Hades for $10, but now it has finally been added on Steam.   For $19.99...

What do, in these situations?  I already own the other games in the Supergiant catalogue on steam for instance.  (Bastion, Pyre)

Anyone been buying games on the EGS? I was thinking about buying Hades for $10, but now it has finally been added on Steam. For $19.99...

What do, in these situations? I already own the other games in the Supergiant catalogue on steam for instance. (Bastion, Pyre)
FlashyLeafyEuropeanpolecat-small.gif

EDIT:

Yup, check my Haul; bought a bunch of stuff on Epic Store - https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/341407-steam-deals-mega-thread-all-pc-gaming-deals/?p=14248977

I haven't bought Hades yet, though...namely b/c it was $7 before on EGS back in May and missed that deal before SG switched the price a few times during the first #Epic10DollarsGate. I'm just waiting for it to hit $7 or less again basically.

EGS is functional. They added time-tracking and some cloud saves for some games - but eh, that's about it. Nothing exciting or special.

Also, you can add to TargetLine of a shortcut for a EGS game of " -EpicPortal " and it might bypass EGS client-DRM...or not for games there. Depends. [shrug]

What do, in these situations?
is this the new litmus test for cag?

"i usually buy digiorno but this tombstone pizza is cheaper and all pizza tastes the same anyways."

i'm sure hades will be cheaper on steam if you wait long enough. plus, if you buy from egs, that means you support china's totalitarian regime.

is this the new litmus test for cag?

"i usually buy digiorno but this tombstone pizza is cheaper and all pizza tastes the same anyways."

i'm sure hades will be cheaper on steam if you wait long enough. plus, if you buy from egs, that means you support china's totalitarian regime.
Well hey maybe my games want to rub dinks together on Steam bundle info pages!

EDIT:

Yup, check my Haul; bought a bunch of stuff on Epic Store - https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/341407-steam-deals-mega-thread-all-pc-gaming-deals/?p=14248977

I haven't bought Hades yet, though...namely b/c it was $7 before on EGS back in May and missed that deal before SG switched the price a few times during the first #Epic10DollarGate. Waiting for $7 or less again basically.

EGS is functional. They added time-tracking and some cloud saves for some games - but eh, that's about it.

Also, you can add to TargetLine of a shortcut for a EGS game of " -EpicPortal " and it might bypass EGS client-DRM...or not for games there. Depends. [shrug]
Yeah, and then I saw that someone replied that Div 2 was launching all wonky with issues (through EGS talking to Uplay)!

Well hey maybe my games want to rub dinks together on Steam bundle info pages!

Yeah, and then I saw that someone replied that Div 2 was launching all wonky with issues (through EGS talking to Uplay)!
I've had zero issues w/ Division 2 linked from EGS client to UPLAY.

After the game's in your EGS account, you should get an option to Link to UPlay for that particular game in your Library...instead of the Install (from EGS) option.

If you don't get the UPlay link asking part for that game and it still wants to install from EGS, exit out....and restart EGS 'til it asks you to link it to UPLAY.

You basically link your UPLAY Account to EGS from there (follow instructions & prompts)...and then if you want, then you can & (should) only use UPLAY.

Once linked, I basically used Uplay-only to then download and play the Div 2 - so, if you get it going & linked, you can bypass EGS entirely from now on for that game.

Thank you warreni for Headlander!  I just started playing it on Xbox through Gamepass, but found out it will be leaving at the end of the month and I don't have enough time to finish it.  Now I can play through this at my leisure.   Thank you again!

Ehhh, Spider-Man PS4 was pretty decent up until the DLC, which left a seriously bad taste in my mouth.
I haven't gotten to the DLC yet, but the main story is good. I got the GOTY edition on sale for $10, so I figure the whole thing should be worth a peek at that price.

Thank you warreni for Headlander! I just started playing it on Xbox through Gamepass, but found out it will be leaving at the end of the month and I don't have enough time to finish it. Now I can play through this at my leisure. Thank you again!
Good game, anyone who has Amazon Prime should already have it from the Twitch giveaway, worth playing if you've been sitting on it.

Borrowed Death Stranding from the library and so far loving the game. I noticed the settlement leaders are wearing Santa hats, which I thought at first might just be Kojima being Kojima, but it is actually from patch 1.08 https://www.destructoid.com/santa-hats-are-popping-up-in-death-stranding-575793.phtml
It's cool that you live in a place that has libraries that loan out games. When I lived in Tallahassee 20-odd years ago, the public libraries had some PC games (like Discworld Noir, anyone remember that?), but I have a feeling most places wouldn't even try this because stuff would just disappear, because humans.

Next game looks like it might be Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun?

Publisher is Daedalic Entertainment and the teaser looks like it could be the helmet the samurai character Mugen wears (not 100% certain though).

Already have it on Twitch client from a monthly giveaway and I think it was in some Humble Bundle that I might have paused, but great game and would be nice to be able to play it on my MacBook through the Epic client (Twitch doesn't let you run games on macOS for absolutely no conceivable reason).

My haul so far:

Steam

nothing 1300 festivity tokens

Epic

daily freebies

warreni giveaway bonanza

The Journey Down 3

The Invisible Hours

Moonlighter

warreni wins!

N3d5ryf.gif

https://www.gog.com/promo/20191227_winter_sale_themed_collection_best_of_2019 When I think of the best games of 2019, I definitely first think of titles like No Man's Sky, Hitman: Blood Money, Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood, and XIII.
That sounds more like "GOG Store's Best Sellers in 2019" and/or "GOG's Best Games Re-Released onto GOG Platform in 2019".

If we're talking "Best Brand New PC Games Actually Released in 2019" with no allegiance to PC gaming distribution platforms (Steam, GOG, EA, Ubi, whatever) - IMHO, certainly The Outer Worlds, Metro: Exodus, and Gears 5 should be on there.

Granted, I ain't played many or tons of new releases b/c of the way I normally buy games...but all 3 of those rocked.

Anyone been buying games on the EGS? I was thinking about buying Hades for $10, but now it has finally been added on Steam. For $19.99...

What do, in these situations? I already own the other games in the Supergiant catalogue on steam for instance. (Bastion, Pyre)
I picked up Kine and Operencia, both $4.99 with the coupon. I'm tempted by a few others. Already have Hades, as it was my token guilt purchase after being given a few dozen games by Epic. Though the logo for tomorrow freebie looks like it might be it, so I'd hold off until tomorrow afternoon at least.

https://www.gog.com/promo/20191227_winter_sale_themed_collection_best_of_2019 When I think of the best games of 2019, I definitely first think of titles like No Man's Sky, Hitman: Blood Money, Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood, and XIII.
That sounds more like "GOG Store's Best Sellers in 2019" and/or "GOG's Best Games Re-Released onto GOG Platform in 2019".

If we're talking "Best Brand New PC Games Actually Released in 2019" with no allegiance to PC gaming distribution platforms (Steam, GOG, EA, Ubi, whatever) - IMHO, certainly The Outer Worlds, Metro: Exodus, and Gears 5 should be on there.

Granted, I ain't played many or tons of new releases b/c of the way I normally buy games...but all 3 of those rocked.
3kligo.jpg

my holiday haul will be confined to whatever is in the humble monthly next week
If you're in the classic plan, don't you already have your games unlocked? I haven't monthlied in a while, so I'm not sure how it was working in the recent past, but I didn't pause this month for Tomb Raider and payment went through today and all the unlocks...unlocked.

some humbly keys with clues that're just totally wrong, like not even close.

CNV8P-QXRN?-HJCCL    :  lost my virginity at this age
CVMZN-N7K4Z-9M?WR   :  number of testicles I have
CYE?G-WDJWY-NREGD  :  times I've been abducted. by aliens
CR8VE-VRZ?M-NAJYX    :  total hotdogs eaten in a single sitting
JIM?L-MPYQX-JADJD      :  dlc for Mafia 3. not a clue, just saying

im in the middle of replaying mass effect, why hasn't ea made a remastered full trilogy this is easy money dweebs
They know they’d have to include the DLC and they’re scared of all the pretend money they won’t sell by not forcing people to pay exorbitant amounts in bioware points.

bread's done
Back