Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Days Gone and Persona 5 Royal both have PC versions listed on Amazon France today.

Edit: Last of Us 2 PC as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
Days Gone and Persona 5 Royal both have PC versions listed on Amazon France today.

Edit: Last of Us 2 PC as well...
Interesting. If Sony is going down the same path as Microsoft then that is great. I am assuming though a game like Last of Us 2 will be a timed exclusive on PS4/PS5 first? Either way, if all of this is true, I am no longer buying consoles. Everything eventually will be coming to the PC.

But that means we got a narc in here.
Guess Who!

does-she-look-like-a-bitch.jpg

In addition to trying out a few games from my Steam Library I'm also trying to categorize 100 games a day and i have categories for garbo games in my library as well that wont be played or were played and were bad. So far through A I have 160 games in those categories. After I'm done with this (will take a while), I'm just hiding that category and hopefully playing or trying at least games that may be good or at least interesting. Trying to make something out of my massive Steam backlog. I doubt I'll ever play it all (even for 5 or less minutes), but it will help and get me a good mindset for wanting to play them.

Those tremendous people at Fanatical, tremendous people believe me, have Atari Vault on Steam on sale for only a $1. It's only on sale for 2 days though. This is a beautiful deal folks and I know deals. Everyone knows it! I didn't pay someone else to write "The Art of the Deal" without knowing deals! I know the very best deals folks, everyone says so. Sleepy Joe BidenCat probably wouldn't even post this deal until it's over. He's very slow, and very sleepy. He's a low energy individual! SAD!

Those tremendous people at Fanatical, tremendous people believe me, have Atari Vault on Steam on sale for only a $1. It's only on sale for 2 days though. This is a beautiful deal folks and I know deals. Everyone knows it! I didn't pay someone else to write "The Art of the Deal" without knowing deals! I know the very best deals folks, everyone says so. Sleepy Joe BidenCat probably wouldn't even post this deal until it's over. He's very slow, and very sleepy. He's a low energy individual! SAD!
Looks like also the Atari Vault: 50 Game DLC Pack is on sale for $2.49 (50% off):

https://www.fanatical.com/en/dlc/atari-vault-50-game-add-on-pack

ITAD says: lowest yet on 50 Game DLC pack - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/atarivaultv0gameaddonpack/info/

I got the Atari Vault (Base-Game) in the Killer Bundle 12 (original bundle) - https://isthereanydeal.com/specials/#/filter:id/8404

It’s hard to get into Atari Vault when most of the best 2600 games were made by Activision and Atari doesn’t want to bother licensing anything.

I already don't play those games on my RetroPi where I downloaded them for FREE, so why would I buy them?

If we listen to TrumpCat, these stimulus checks will be spent before we know it.

#VoteFrugalNoMatterWho(gal?)

Interesting. If Sony is going down the same path as Microsoft then that is great. I am assuming though a game like Last of Us 2 will be a timed exclusive on PS4/PS5 first? Either way, if all of this is true, I am no longer buying consoles. Everything eventually will be coming to the PC.
One of my biggest desires is to see Uncharted 2 MP being playable on PC, either an offical release or via emulation. It was really unique, fun, and a miss it a lot. (Honestly, each new Uncharted release seems to take a step farther and farther away from UC2. Though at least UC4 was better than UC3.)

Sega apparently already issued a statement saying it's fake and they are trying to get it delisted. Sorry everyone
I made a similar post here about Ni No Kuni that turned out to be false (at the time), but they eventually made a port. Hope the same happens with Persona 5 Royal and the other games. And Atlus should bring the PS4 version of Catherine instead of expecting people to buy the old version.

Last edited:
Is this a good bundle? I genuinely can't tell.
If you do not have those games and are into them then yeah I guess so. Personally I am not into sports games and I have everything else I want in that bundle already but Carnival Games VR. I am not sure if I want to pay for the bottom tier just to get Carnival Games VR.

Damn, got all the way through checkout, but it said it was sold out after the last click.

EDIT: Oh shit nm I tried again and it went through.  We'll have to see if it actually ships now. xD

Damn, got all the way through checkout, but it said it was sold out after the last click.

EDIT: Oh shit nm I tried again and it went through. We'll have to see if it actually ships now. xD
Yup. It was popping in and out of stock for several minutes there.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. NO FEAR!

Is this a good bundle? I genuinely can't tell.
Depends on your interest in these titles & with what you're missing.

1st tier. Darkness 2, Pirates, and Spec Ops: The Line are all ranging from really good-to-great. For $1, one of those in there's a steal; all 3 is no-brainer...if you somehow don't own these. Pirates is a fun sandbox, but can get repetitive - but for $1, you should get at least 5-10 hours of fun out of it. Darkness 2 is a really good horror-themed shooter. Spec Ops: The Line is under-rated as hell for a third-person cover shooter and has one of the more interesting stories & character developments in this genre.

Personally, I think it's worth the $20 top tier just for Standard versions of both NBA 2K20 and WWE 2K20. I suck at NBA 2K games (probably b/c it's way more sim-like), but I do enjoy them b/c they really duplicate the real thing pretty well, IMHO.

About WWE 2K20 - big fan of WWE (and wrestling in general, TBH), so I figure it's worth the gamble on what could be a buggy game....or might be fixed-up enough by now. It's been patched a few times, so...I'll give it a shot. Thing is: you need to know if you've played a recent engine WWE 2K game before [WWE 2K15 to 2K19], to know if you like it - b/c it's way more sim-y than arcade-like these days. Some people just haven't liked the new sim-y approach and prefer the arcade-y combat. There's a heck of a roster here of Legends and current stars (as usual) and a ton of matches types & modes (as usual) - so, as a fan, it's usually worth it for me every year to drop $20-something or less on it. I know I'll get mileage out of it (i.e. at least 20 hours or more); I always do.

Haven't played much of the 2nd tier - but Bioshock: The Collection, if you somehow don't own this, it's all great. All three games are great and a very easy recommendation. If you like System Shock 2 or Prey 2017, you should be all aboard for Bioshock: The Collection. All of them have really good gameplay & combat (where you mix gun-play and magic...and can come up w/ cool combo attacks), but the stories - especially in Bio1, Bio 2's DLC Minerva's Den, and Bio Infinite are fantastic. If you are interested in Bioshock Collection and the other games in Tier 2 - Bio: TC has been $10 or so on NewEgg at its lowest if you ask ITAD - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/bioshockcollection/info/

I will report on my thoughts of WWE 2K20 at some point, when I actually take some time to play it - but if it's a bug-fest and/or too messy, I might just go right back to 2K19.

That I don’t doubt, but I haven’t personally used it since High School (i’ll be 40 this year).

When I think of mIRC here’s what comes to mind:

1) chatting with girls all night while consuming milk and cookies with unlimited metabolism. this lead to many written letters, some phone calls, a few in person meetings, and even a romantic hookup (1995-1996...i was way ahead of my time here imo)
I know we're supposed to be in "SteAm deeLz oNlY!" mode, and I'm hella late, but wanted to give an IRC shoutout. Trust me, you weren't the only one IRC'ing off to IRC. I had a 'romantic hookup' from IRC summer 1994...and I wasnt the only one I knew who had one (or several). But I'm also a little older than you; 44 as of today (shameless self promotion).

Slightly on-topic, I've been spending *a lot* of time playing Mass Effect: Andromeda. Facial animations aside, it's a rather competent game....and extraordinarily dense with content. I'm having fun exploring and blowing ish up. I'm just not sure I *care* about why anything is happening. Yet I keep coming back to it. It's a weird dichotomy.

I know we're supposed to be in "SteAm deeLz oNlY!" mode, and I'm hella late, but wanted to give an IRC shoutout. Trust me, you weren't the only one IRC'ing off to IRC. I had a 'romantic hookup' from IRC summer 1994...and I wasnt the only one I knew who had one (or several). But I'm also a little older than you; 44 as of today (shameless self promotion).

Slightly on-topic, I've been spending *a lot* of time playing Mass Effect: Andromeda. Facial animations aside, it's a rather competent game....and extraordinarily dense with content. I'm having fun exploring and blowing ish up. I'm just not sure I *care* about why anything is happening. Yet I keep coming back to it. It's a weird dichotomy.
Happy Birthday to a fellow '76er!

And yeah, as a game, ME:A is dumb fun. I just need to turn off my ME:Trilogy expectations when playing it. I've also got mine fairly modded now, so that helps me enjoy it more as well.

That's b/c if you wanted a sci-fi open-world Far Cry 3 - yeah, this (ME: Andromeda) is pretty much that.

Well, it's a bit more than that (i.e. there is some decision-making and story/character to the game, even if it ain't that much) - but for the most part, you got my drift.

ME:A is decent, sure - but it's no ME1,2,3.

If you wanted more ME1,2,3 - yeah, expect to be disappointed w/ ME:A (which I was). The storytelling, tons of open-world MMO-like quests, and decision-making just isn't anywhere close to the older ME games.

And since the development was a big disaster and all - most of the script was cut to ship the game, they spent tons of time trying to get a planet RNG that wasn't outputting enough different stuff, and trying to work w/ the pitfalls of the FrostBite Engine (which is NOT built for RPG's and is really best built for Battlefield type of games only, TBH; it's also one of the hardest engines to use) - yeah, it shows.

It shows BIG TIME.

Devolver Digital has a weekend sale on the Steam Store, but there are a few standouts.

Fork Parkers Holiday Profit Hike is completely free to own on Steam.  Doesn't appear to be a limited time offer.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/339120/Fork_Parkers_Holiday_Profit_Hike/

And there's a free to play weekend for two Devolver Digital games until Sunday, April 19th.

Absolver: Online Melee Action

https://store.steampowered.com/app/473690

Devolver Bootleg

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1066260

Devolver Bootleg is on my wish list, so that's how I found out.  Enjoy!

Hmmm, wonder if Devolver Bootleg is worth trying out for free.

Free weekends for Beat Hazard 2 and Total War: Warhammer 2 this weekend too.

Free weekends for Beat Hazard 2 and Total War: Warhammer 2 this weekend too.
Thanks for adding those to the list. Devolver Bootleg is supposed to be "de-made" versions of other Devolver games in an 8-bit style. I'd been waiting for it to go on sale, but the free weekend is even better since I can find out if it's worth buying to own or not.

I tried it out. Gave everything a go except the 2P games. I love the idea of making a joke collection of knock-offs, but with the exception of maybe two of the games, they aren't all that fun once the joke wears off. Luftrousers and Ape Out Jr are solid. Catsylvania is almost decent but more annoying and frustrating than fun. The others are trash. I played for 41 minutes before uninstalling. There's really no reason to buy it since you'll probably get tired of it long before the free weekend ends.

That's b/c if you wanted a sci-fi open-world Far Cry 3 - yeah, this (ME: Andromeda) is pretty much that.

Well, it's a bit more than that (i.e. there is some decision-making and story/character to the game, even if it ain't that much) - but for the most part, you got my drift.

ME:A is decent, sure - but it's no ME1,2,3.

If you wanted more ME1,2,3 - yeah, expect to be disappointed w/ ME:A (which I was). The storytelling, tons of open-world MMO-like quests, and decision-making just isn't anywhere close to the older ME games.

And since the development was a big disaster and all - most of the script was cut to ship the game, they spent tons of time trying to get a planet RNG that wasn't outputting enough different stuff, and trying to work w/ the pitfalls of the FrostBite Engine (which is NOT built for RPG's and is really best built for Battlefield type of games only, TBH; it's also one of the hardest engines to use) - yeah, it shows.

It shows BIG TIME.
At this point, I'm 50+ hours in and only a couple of those can be attributed to interruptions by quarantined kids. I dont hink it is fair to say that I'm disappointed at all. Really, in a lot of ways, it feels more like Assassin's Creed than ME:Trilogy. But again, I'm drawn to it without caring much about the story.

My biggest gripe is the semi-frequent crashes I get saying my graphics card has been removed. For a while, I thought it was my overclock, but apparently, it was a common issue. It's just weird that it happens in the menu/map and not in the heat of battle.

I tried it out. Gave everything a go except the 2P games. I love the idea of making a joke collection of knock-offs, but with the exception of maybe two of the games, they aren't all that fun once the joke wears off. Luftrousers and Ape Out Jr are solid. Catsylvania is almost decent but more annoying and frustrating than fun. The others are trash. I played for 41 minutes before uninstalling. There's really no reason to buy it since you'll probably get tired of it long before the free weekend ends.
I have two complaints about Devolver Bootleg. The first is that I can't get it to play in full screen mode. The second is that the controls are atrocious on most of the games. It's a shame because I love retro games and many of Devolver Digital's games. But I'm not sure I can pay real money for this one. I will give it some more play time though.

AS/ITAD is telling me x site has a game at the cheapest price with discount code y, but the code doesn't apply to already discounted games.

get your shit together, guys...

bread's done
Back