Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Got $11 of stuff in my cart.  Trying to see if there's another $20 worth buying of actually good deals to reap the $5 discount.  Probably not, doe!

Take one $10 game in your cart, multiply it by another game in your cart and you will have two games which will reap the $5 discount. 1 $20 Steam game x 1 $10 Steam game = 2 Steam games for $25 after the $5 discount. So basically 1 x 1 = 2. Or you can do 1 x 1 = 1, get one game and have no discount. Your choice.
K7hRhgq.png

I just ended up buying Factorio to take advantage of the $5 discount.

The game has never been on sale, and lord only knows if it ever will be. It's only gone up in price over time. It used to be $20, and a couple of years ago they raised it to $30. I've been kicking myself ever since that I didn't buy it at $20. So the $5 discount got me half way to the price I probably should have bought it at. And because it was a flat $30 (instead of $29.99) I didn't have to add any filler.

So just throwing it out there. If you have games on your wish list that stubbornly refuse to go on sale, maybe think about using the $5 discount to jerry-rig a discount.

Yeah, that was my angle.  I guess I'm just super cheap.  Nevermind I've spent ten times more on toilet paper and hand sanitizer than video games this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
i hate how long it's taking pillars of eternity 2 and divinity original sin 2 to drop. they're 2 and 3 years old and still both over 20 bucks on sale

Take one $10 game in your cart, multiply it by another game in your cart and you will have two games which will reap the $5 discount. 1 $20 Steam game x 1 $10 Steam game = 2 Steam games for $25 after the $5 discount. So basically 1 x 1 = 2. Or you can do 1 x 1 = 1, get one game and have no discount. Your choice.
In before the wipe!

CDmH.gif

i hate how long it's taking pillars of eternity 2 and divinity original sin 2 to drop. they're 2 and 3 years old and still both over 20 bucks on sale
I'm still waiting on DOS1 to dip under $10, though at this point, I think I'm probably better off waiting for a bundle.

I find that ends up being my thought process for most games I'm semi-interested in. Right up until I forget about them.

I'm still waiting on DOS1 to dip under $10, though at this point, I think I'm probably better off waiting for a bundle.

I find that ends up being my thought process for most games I'm semi-interested in. Right up until I forget about them.
i bought it in some sale where there was a bundle available that came with two copies that i split with somebody which made it like 8 bucks

Kingdoms of Amular: Re-Reckoning (Remastered) & also new expansion info:

https://www.ign.com/articles/kingdoms-of-amalur-re-reckoning-delay-september-8-fatesworn-dlc-expansion

Info:

- KOA: RR (base package) is coming Sept. 8th, 2020 to PC, X1, PS4.

- KOA: RR will contain KOA:R base game & the 2 main content DLC's (Dead Kel & Teeth of Naros).

- This version will also come with "improved graphical fidelity."

- A brand new expansion pack/DLC called Fatesworn is also coming in 2021.

- Fatesworn expansion can be bought separately or in the (complete) Fate Edition.

- KOA:RR: Fate Edition will contain KOA:RR (base package) & Fatesworn DLC altogether.

Kingdoms of Amular: Re-Reckoning (Remastered) & also new expansion info:

https://www.ign.com/articles/kingdoms-of-amalur-re-reckoning-delay-september-8-fatesworn-dlc-expansion

Info:

- KOA: RR (base package) is coming Sept. 8th, 2021 to PC, X1, PS4.

- KOA: RR will contain KOA:R base game & the 2 main content DLC's (Dead Kel & Teeth of Naros).

- This version will also come with "improved graphical fidelity."

- A brand new expansion pack/DLC called Fatesworn is also coming in 2021.

- Fatesworn expansion can be bought separately or in the (complete) Fate Edition.

- KOA:RR: Fate Edition will contain KOA:RR (base package) & Fatesworn DLC altogether.
And I'm guessing everyone has to rebuy it at the low low price of $60. Also, this sale is so bad I've forgotten to do the queue for cards. Did it once or twice but I haven't really been paying attention.

No one cared about KoA when it was new; wonder why they think "Now with slightly crisper graphics" is going to be a big draw.
It's Nordic.

They seem to be re-releasing a lot of old games, remastering them...and now going a step further and then even expanding on them.

They did this w/ Titan Quest Anniversary (adding Atlantis & Ragnarok DLC's); and now it looks like they are also going the same route w/ KOA:RR with also Fatesworn DLC.

EDIT 2:

And I'm guessing everyone has to rebuy it at the low low price of $60. Also, this sale is so bad I've forgotten to do the queue for cards. Did it once or twice but I haven't really been paying attention.
Though, Nordic has also given away TQ Anniversary Edition for TQ Gold owners on Steam; Darksiders 2 Remaster (for OG Darksiders owners) on Steam; and even RF:Guerrilla Re-Mars-Tered for RF: Guerilla old version owners on Steam.

Doesn't mean they will do that w/ KOA:RR for KOA:R Complete owners on Steam (or Origin) though. We might have to re-buy it all; who knows. [shrug]

What I could see Nordic doing, though - the upgrade to new version is free for old edition owners...but new DLC's/expansions you will have to pay for - i.e. I got TQ: Anniversary for free for owning TQ: Gold on Steam - but I will have to buy Ragnarok DLC and/or Atlantis DLC's.

EDIT 1:

Just got my first 144 Hz FreeSync monitor and I think 60 FPS is completely ruined for me now.
Yep, high framerates w/ an A-Syncing method (like Free-Sync and G-Sync) will ruin 60fps gaming. It's just much better and a whole new ballgame, IMHO. So much smoother, even if you catch massive framerate dips...as you still might not even notice it, unless you look at or catch the change in the framerate - i.e. you have 120 fps and got slapped to 90fps, you might not even notice the hit. No input lag, no performance lag, nothing..

Even scrolling through this deals-only thread from one deal to the next is just ridiculously smooth. I wasn't ready for this.
Also mentally prepare for the games you formerly enjoyed at locked, sub-50 framerates to become borderline unplayable.

On a related note, we're getting Horizon: Zero Dawn in exactly one month. :whee:

Well i've now finished 2/3 of the games i bought in the steam sale already to make sure i dont get burnt on a better deal that comes out before i play them. REsident evil 7 is awesome, if you like old school resident evil buy it. One of the best horror games in years

Firewatch is decent. Not bad for 5 bucks and it's a nice little narrative game with a pretty enough world to explore.

Now playing Vampyr which is a little wonky but seems decent enough

No one cared about KoA when it was new; wonder why they think "Now with slightly crisper graphics" is going to be a big draw.
I wanted to like KoA because it has some fun combat and fantasy open world rpgs are up my alley but god it was so generic and boring. Maybe i'd get into it if i gave it another shot but after a few hours i just couldn't do it

Finished Void Bastards. Honestly a pretty fun game and reminds me of a way better Rogue Shooter. There where some things that got me though. It was annoying to pick up items sometimes and sometimes the movement was shaky. The shooting also never felt super accurate, but you get used to it. It took  me 14 hours, though on howlongtobeat it took them a bit over 8. I likely suck and all, but it's worth playing if you got the monthly. The repetition did sink in near the end though, but well worth beating once. Also really liked the graphics.

The first time I tried KoA way back when, I couldn't get past the tutorial stuff. The aesthetic just did nothing for me. As such, I never managed to get into the combat that every fan said was the plus of the game. A year or two ago I gave it another shot. And while the lore and overall feel of the game still isn't in my wheelhouse, I did enjoy the combat, especially in the middle of the game. Late game, you can become fairly overpowered, even on the hardest difficulty (I'd recommend modding an even higher difficulty in). Questing reminds me of playing WoW with my wife, it's there for function as a vehicle for combat, not for immersion or interest. If I had to compare it to another game I'm more familiar with, I'd say Mass Effect Andromeda. The non-combat parts of the game are completely serviceable, as in they aren't great, but don't really get in the way. The combat is indeed what makes it fun. I know many of us have too many games for a timesink into a relatively mediocre+ game, but I'm glad I played it. Reminds me of the movie Pacific Rim...there is no reason for it, it's no genre defining title, but sometimes you just want to turn off your brain and have fun.

Feels wrong (even stresses me out a bit) to leave a discount on the table, but I have tried and tried and tried and still can't make the $30 minimum. As per Steam tradition since 201X, the sale prices for more interesting games are far too meh or cheaper on other sites and I don't want a bunch of indie shit I know I won't ever download, let alone play. It makes me a little sick to realize that I've spent most of the pandemic catching fish, chasing butterflies and decorating my home... too bad my island still sucks, objectively speaking.

I find with indie games there is a lot of decent games, many bad or unispired games and some really good ones. The thing is this is the same for AAA games. I do love some indie gems like I got a lot of time of One Step From Eden and Slay the Spire is one of my favorite games period. I have too many games though and most of my sale games are usually VN that get bad discounts all the time, so any discount is nice.

Yeah, most of the niche stuff I'm interested in is only available on steam.  So for me the $5 off $30 is just ~15% off the "usual" sale prices, and I'll take it.

These stickers are terrible though.

Went ahead and grabbed the Nurse Love Obsession bundle since 60% off seems like the best deal that's likely to ever come up, so you're welcome for when they inevitably get put in an IndieGala bundle a few weeks from now.

VstnRou.jpg

Worth it.

Also picked up the Skallection bundle. I played Vampire Smile years ago on my 360 and liked it, and while these games kinda seem like indie bundle fodder, it doesn't look like they've ever been in one, in spite of how old some of them are, so you're welcome for when they inevitably show up in a Fanatical bundle a few weeks from now.

Haul of Shame

Bundles/packages:

Fanatical

GOG (eww...)

• SimCity 3000 Unlimited - 80% off, $2.00 (e-mail offer)
I hope this thread is the appropriate place to post these deals.

kU59r8L.gif

Super Mega Baseball 3

Firewatch

Chuchel

Doom 64

Before the sale ends, anyone here into the Pinball FX3 series? Curious if any the tables on sale are worth picking up. The Portal table looks pretty good and is only a buck. Kinda regret not getting the higher tiers back when Humble ran those Zen Studios bundles. But now that I have a high refresh rate monitor that rotates into portrait mode, I feel like I'm required to become an enthusiast Pinball and Shmup player.

Part of the fun of Steam sales now is digging through piles of crap to find something good.  It takes a lot of work, but there are some gems.  I can see people not wanting to put in the work.  You have to sort through Steamdb, then pull up individual game pages, then read some reviews.  Then after all that you realize, eh this is just another survival game with a different skin.  That said, I still got like 30+ games and since I researched them, they haven't really been duds out of what I played.  I also discovered some neat stuff I didn't know about going through people's activity feed.

I only do this twice a year anyway so it's fun in that way.  Rest of the time I just rely on bundles to let me discover new games. 

Need to get on Doom 64. Looks fun enough and is cheap enough. Going to go on selling a bunch of cards tonight too much fun and decide a few more random buys.

"Nice" @ these final hauls.

Would love to hear and see more of the CAG Final Hauls.

That way, so I can finally see if I can finally seriously get over $30 (to get $5 off) here...'cause who knows what kind of Hidden Gems that I might not have thought of or found from Reddit, Steam, or whatever - but you guys might have come across something good too!

@Nitro

Yeah, Doom 64 is a definite buy for me today. 

Ended up grabbing Doom 64 and Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar. 
Doom 64 looks like it'll be enough dumb fun to justify a buck fifty, and Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar just has such a ridiculous backstory that my curiosity got the better of me.  The story is just insane. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDyXSCd2Lp0    

I fully expect I'll be refunding Grimoire, but after refreshing my memory about the whole insane saga, I just had to see what it ended up actually being like. 

Crap I bought:

DOOM 64
Wall Force
Suicide Guy
Seen
Turbo Dismount
Demolish & Build 2018
Odyssey
The Miskatonic
Death in the Water
Shatter
Breakneck
theHunter: Call of the Wild
Space Rocks
Praey for the Gods
Infected Shelter
30 days to survive
Among Us
Beat Hazard 2
Beat Hazard 2 - Original Sound Track
Bloody Trapland 2
Zooicide

Plus a couple gifts: I Will Eat You, and Override.  Some cheap stuff that looked half decent, some stuff to play with friends, a couple thing bought despite weak discounts because I decided screw it and bought 'em anyway.

Beat Hazard was before the Humble reveals and I had already played 4+ hours.  Oh well, something something sacrifice, don't care too much because I actually enjoy the game and the other Humble stuff was :speaktothehand:

I remember the first Beat Hazard had some gimmick where you unlocked an otherwise unobtainable in-game item (a gold ship skin, I think) if you crafted a foil badge for the game. Making it pretty much the only game badge on all of steam that kinda, sort of, matters.

I know that it pissed a lot of people off. But I always liked that they did that. Sadly, it doesn't appear that they've done anything similar for the sequel.

Threw away $6 on a Fanatical Mystery bundle. Hope someone out there enjoys these Steam codes I have no interest in:

Turtle Odyssey 75QER-R5PC9-0QE0F
Circuit Breakers T350Q-8XAZZ-VR5XZ
RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe 2ZMV0-F0KFB-B2RM0
Bomber Crew - Deluxe Edition IJ882-V0498-AHHKI
Space Overlords ZHPW5-M75TF-WMJIW
Memoria T7VXX-JDLQ9-KVR2E
Roads of Rome 3 T82D3-X7YQT-7HKYR
Override: Mech City Brawl J5NG5-PR3H0-E7B60
World Ship Simulator 592X6-8QCFE-HL96L
Viking Saga: New World 7XZW6-H6IGW-Z8DPB

bread's done
Back