Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
ubisoft open worlds to me are somewhat boring so i might wait a few more years til it gets down really low after fc6 comes out
You might like New Dawn more. It's like a distilled Far Cry; smaller map, less objectives, shorter story, etc while keeping the overall Far Cry feel. Granted, all the FC5 callbacks and locations will be lost on you but it's not as though you can't shoot dudes if you don't know that the one chick at the base was the one chick who was somewhere else from FC5.

QUESTIONS:

I loved Farcry 3, is Farcry 4 just as good or better and is the season pass worth it?
Far Cry 4 is essentially FC3 but with a better story and more toys (Gyrocopter, elephants, etc) I liked 3 but liked 4 more. The DLC is optional -- I did it and liked it okay but it doesn't really add to the overall game. Part of it is about Hurk so how you feel about Hurk may make a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
I generally build the badges that maybe might get something rare worth a few $. Not too important anymore. I also like VN related badges. It's not worth it for most people though. It also doesn't help when you craft a badge you can't list right away. Kind of a pain.

I like Nacho though. 

C0Fg.gif

I hate to burst your bubble, but yunobuyfortzombiewen it was in an indie gala bundle last December? Janky but good game there.

Syntax reminded me that there used to be G2A bundles and super hot was in one day that's where most of us probably got it. Not sure if that qualifies us for the sequel or not.
I have to admit I stopped paying attention to Indie Galas because their bundles are 99% trash.

I like Nacho though.

C0Fg.gif
Nacho was awesome as Vaas on Far Cry 3 and also on Better Call Saul.

Really looking forward to FC6 with Giancarlo as Anton. And especially since the kid in the picture, has that eyebrow...just like Vaas. Hoping the child is either Young Vaas (before FC3's events) or Vaas' kid (and that FC6's events are after FC3).

Especially w/ the connections of Michael Mando and Giancarlo to both Breaking Bad/Saul series and Far Cry series - they better tie FC3 and FC6 together. ;) This just seems like the perfect thing to do here.

Really looking forward to Far Cry 6: Better Call Breaking Bad Actors To Steal The Show As The Villains.

When you die and reach the pearly gates, do you think God's gonna be more inclined to let through a Level 2 or a Level 200?
Matthew 20:16
So the last shall be first and the first last.

Matthew 19:24
Again I tell you that it is easier for a camel to walk through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the Kingdom of God.

I'm thinking the level 2.
More people need to read the documentation and the User Agreements.

Hey now, even I bought stuff this time. Bulletstorm and Dead Space 2 seemed unlikely to be bundled (watch me be wrong in the next month) at this point. Fortress Zombie is so old I doubt it would even show up in an Indie Gala.

Also, this new Fanatical FPS build-a-bundle has some pretty solid titles in it:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-f-p-s-bundle
Dead Space 2 was Bundled before in EA Origin Humble Bundle #2 with both Steam and Origin keys in 2015:

Dead Space 2 on ITAD - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/deadspaceii/info/

EA Origin Humble Bundle 2 on ITAD - https://isthereanydeal.com/specials/#/filter:id/1789

Dead Space 2 was in the $1 tier.

For anyone that doesn't speak toaster, allow me to translate.

YUNOWEN!?!?!
I'm glad someone else - yeah, besides me of course - can speak Toaster and understand where I'm going w/ this all here; especially since I so can ramble on and on and on with that "blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda" non-sense like there's no tomorrow, with tons of run-on sentences, long-winded sentences, and maybe even paragraphs of more non-sense. It so really helps, that someone can simplify and streamline all of my thoughts, musings, and whatnot...into much less.

TL;DR - Thanks.

Dead Space 2 was Bundled before in EA Origin Humble Bundle #2 with both Steam and Origin keys in 2015:

Dead Space 2 on ITAD - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/deadspaceii/info/

EA Origin Humble Bundle 2 on ITAD - https://isthereanydeal.com/specials/#/filter:id/1789

Dead Space 2 was in the $1 tier.
Wonder how I missed that. Looks like I bought the Origin 1 Bundle in 2013, though. Can't say I can remember what I was doing that week five years ago. Also funny is that an Origin copy of Dead Space 3 came in the Humble Origin 1 bundle.

Quick question. Generally speaking, is there a time of year that the newest GPUs (graphics cards) get released? Kinda like how Apple used to unveil the newest models for their products in September.

My GTX 750 Ti aint cutting it anymore, and it's time for an upgrade. I'm just trying to get a sense if I should hold off for a few months, or jump on the next deal that pops up.

Apparently the latest rumors are that we'll see the new line of Nvidia and AMD cards in September but don't hold me to that.  I'd definitely wait another couple of months until Black Friday/Holiday sales as, if they do push out the new line of cards, you'll see some pretty good discounts on the older stuff.

Still using my AMD 580 I bought a few years ago... and it was mid range even then.

Apparently the latest rumors are that we'll see the new line of Nvidia and AMD cards in September but don't hold me to that. I'd definitely wait another couple of months until Black Friday/Holiday sales as, if they do push out the new line of cards, you'll see some pretty good discounts on the older stuff.

Still using my AMD 580 I bought a few years ago... and it was mid range even then.
This, theres been reports that the third party builders have already started making the gtx3xxx's, and AMD already said that covid has not affected their output and they are still cranking out both the new cpus and gpus on time for this sept/oct time frame

welp it's  a good thing i saved my stimulus check for those cards, then.

jk, lol, i make way too much much money to qualify for the stimulus. heh, heh, yeah.....................................

Wonder how I missed that. Looks like I bought the Origin 1 Bundle in 2013, though. Can't say I can remember what I was doing that week five years ago. Also funny is that an Origin copy of Dead Space 3 came in the Humble Origin 1 bundle.
Maybe you were busy playing Hearthstone. [shrug]

This, theres been reports that the third party builders have already started making the gtx3xxx's, and AMD already said that covid has not affected their output and they are still cranking out both the new cpus and gpus on time for this sept/oct time frame
Although the pandemic didn't impact their ability to manufacture them I wonder if the state of the economy will impact pricing.

Although the pandemic didn't impact their ability to manufacture them I wonder if the state of the economy will impact pricing.
For the negative, probably. Guess PC building/upgrading is on an upswing with people working from home and going out less. A lot of people turning their older home boxes into nascent gaming rigs. So more demand for components.

Watching the devolver presentation and the games trailers are all meh, but the other stuff is great. So weird to be so underwhelmed by the games at this game presentation, but enjoy the rest of it so much. Their final announcement was pretty great though, a playable virtual game expo  in their over the top style available for free right now: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1283220/Devolverland_Expo/

Also, Carrion is launching with Game Pass this month. I played the demo for that and it was pretty fun, so happy to see that.

Devolver Expo game was kinda lame, but did kinda recreate the feel of being at a ridiculous marketing booth. 

The worst part is you can find pieces for unannounced games, but it looks like all you get from that is a teaser image at the end of the game. Doesn't even really look like game footage either. 

For the negative, probably. Guess PC building/upgrading is on an upswing with people working from home and going out less. A lot of people turning their older home boxes into nascent gaming rigs. So more demand for components.
Well those people have to have jobs and disposable incoming to buy the components which isn't a given!

Don't worry, I already reported you both.

Devolverland has some cool looking games in it.

Fall Guys seems like it's going to be a rush with 60 people competing to be the last person standing.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmWwGP5mROg[/youtube]

Weird West also looks cool. It's an isometric action RPG where you can shapeshift.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Xbxw1gPdI[/youtube]

Olija also looks interesting, but only because of the fighting style.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXNbXZ8SNhU[/youtube]

The rest were meh. Serious Sam 4 looks like DLC for Serious Sam 3. Shadow Warrior 3 is the same. Disc Room reminds me of Binding of Isaac, minus the shooting. Carrion seems like a cool premise, but I didn't notice if the people were other players or not; also reminded me of a reskinned World of Goo. Blightbound looks like Dragon's Crown without Jiggly Boobs the Witch and Kim Kardashian the Amazon, so automatic pass.

Will probably end up owning all of them from some bundle next year...

The rest were meh. Serious Sam 4 looks like DLC for Serious Sam 3.
Said the same thing to a friend of mine when the first gameplay videos came out a few weeks ago. No idea why it took so long to develop when it seems like there was zero done engine or graphics-wise.

Took almost 11 hours in total, but Beyond: Two Souls is finished.

And I really liked it.

And that is even despite feeling uneven, at times in its gameplay here and there; with certain scenes feeling too long; and  the writing not always being that great either.

There is really...just something about this game.

There is just a lot of interesting things in here, in this story and its characters. With its concept of dealing w/ life, death, paranormal, military, the homeless, identity, and other things - it's just always intriguing. I won't go into spoiler turf here, but this game seems to go everywhere and in all kinds of directions; and it's always interesting. There's some interesting twists & turns here and decisions to make, as you play the game.

Even with selecting to play the story out of order (in its Original Format), I was always intrigued to see where the story goes, what happens to these characters, what blanks I can fill in from what is being shown, what dots I connect here, and see where a game's chapter actually fits in the story's chronology.

This felt like it was part old-school adventure game (i.e. solve a puzzle of some kind, even though most aren't difficult); part "walking simulator"; part QTE-fest (which is par for the course w/ Cage's games since Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy); part cinematic/interactive movie; decision-making games with branching narratives/sections/numerous endings (RPG's often use these); and then some (i.e. the Aiden mechanics, where you control a floating entity that you can control which can control others, move things w/ telekinesis, and then some).

Also, the graphics in this remaster here on the PC looked really good and ran really well here. No real performance issues on my SC15 laptop, maintaining 1080p60fps on High here: i7 7700HQ; 16 GB RAM; 6GB GTX 1060; W10 x64.

With the way Cage directs a game and all, he's pretty much been on a roll since Heavy Rain. I really enjoyed Heavy Rain and now also can say the same for Beyond: Two Souls. If Fahrenheit was the flawed gem of an introduction to us with Cage's style of cinematic adventure games, Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls feels like they are getting much closer to the near perfection of his style of cinematic games.

And now, I can pretty much say this: I'm even more so now really looking forward to Detroit: Become Human, whenever I get around to buying that one.

*political comment in response to people having jobs/money that will be removed by Trakan later*

AMIRIT!?!?!
1RMKRAr.gif

Now for the DEALS*:

Project Warlock - 65% off, $4.20

One of the better reviewed retro FPS games of the last couple years.

Vasilis - 90% off, $0.89

Looks like a neat horror adventure game, but the few reviews suggest the gameplay doesn't live up to the visual presentation.

* to grant post exemption from off-topic banhammer

Some info on Valve's cancelled projects - Left 4 Dead 3, Half-Life 3, Valve RPG, and Source Engine 2:
PC Games N - https://www.pcgamesn.com/half-life-3/cancelled-left-4-dead-3
ComicBook.com - https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/left-4-dead-3-valve-cancelled-details/

Info:
- Valve realized they had to re-design Source Engine for the future b/c they wanted to innovate.
- Valve felt they couldn't innovate on that version of the Engine (which was used in HL2: E2).
- So, they began work on Source Engine 2, so they could innovate on future Half-Life games, L4D3, etc.
- Valve was working on 3 projects for the engine: a new RPG, L4D3, and another Half-Life game.
- Half-Life 2: Episode 3 devs began eventually heading off to work on L4D3...
- ...So HL2:E3 wound up eventually fading away, from being worked-on.
- At that time, Valve had a flat corporate structure...
- ...So employees could just jump from project-to-project whenever they felt like it.
- L4D3 was not going to be linear-style L4D co-op based game (L4D1+2 were linear).
- Left 4 Dead 3 was planned to be a co-op style open-world zombie FPS set in Morocco.
- The plan was to have hundreds of zombies on-screen, all before games like World War Z & Days Gone attempted this.
- Half-Life 3 was worked on, which would have some scripted set pieces & some procedurally-generated areas.
- For example, in HL3 - you might enter a building...but the contents inside might be different.
- You might enter the building w/ enemies might be generated & positioned differently by the game.
- Entrances and exits could be in different places, too...for replayability purposes.
- Half-Life: Alyx was at least Valve's SIXTH TIME to try to revive the Half-Life IP since Half-Life 2: Episode 2.
- Valve also was working on a new RPG, influenced by these series: Elder Scrolls, Dark Souls, Monster Hunter, etc.
- Source Engine 2 had issues of no save & restore; no lighting solution; and other problems.
- B/c of issues w/ Source Engine 2, that engine was dumped...
- ...And all of the titles for Source Engine 2 also went with it, winding up cancelled.
- So...HL2:E3, HL3, L4D3, and Valve RPG all wound-up cancelled.

Project Warlock - 65% off, $4.20

One of the better reviewed retro FPS games of the last couple years.
I have this. Looks like I got it from one of those Humble Monthly's/Choices (Feb. 2020 HBC).

I'm gonna have to check it out.

EDIT:

Weird West also looks cool. It's an isometric action RPG where you can shapeshift.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Xbxw1gPdI[/youtube]

[snip]

The rest were meh. Serious Sam 4 looks like DLC for Serious Sam 3. Shadow Warrior 3 is the same.
I dunno, do I really need Serious Sam 4 or Shadow Warrior 3 to become something else entirely?

I dunno, but we don't need say Serious Sam 4 to become open-world Ubi game. Ubi alone already does plenty of those, not including some others doing the open-world thing (like say Id with RAGE 1 and Avalanche with RAGE 2).

It looks like Shadow Warrior 3 is going to back old-school FPS & taking some cues from Doom 2016/Eternal, not a looter-shooter (SW2).

I've been looking forward to that "immersive sim" isometric action-RPG Weird West for a while. Big fan of Rafael Colotonio's stuff since his Arkane days.

Surprisingly, the Ubisoft website is in absolute shambles and it's impossible to log in and claim Watch Dogs 2. No one could have seen this coming.
Yep, just completely wasted 15 min trying to log in. Rayman Origins & Legends are the only things that keep me from completely hating Ubi.

About 30 minutes ago I was able to load up the stream where they were playing some trials game and giving out game codes but I had to leave so I just left the stream running. Hopefully that counts. More likely it probably logged me off the moment I left the house.

Logging into my Ubisoft account appears to be impossible at the moment. I'm watching the stream on Twitch and had linked my Ubisoft account to it for drops prior to today.

lol cant log into uplay either on the site or through the app so probably will not get watch dogs 2 and also this was a bad time to decide i want to replay rayman legends

Was able to login to the client now and I see Watch Dogs 2 there, so my earlier attempt to redeem via the direct link was successful.

Finally was able to get drops enabled on Twitch. Geez what a pain! Missed the whole show just staring at a login screen. Better count for my free game! 

Edit - lol just saw the ubisoft tweet saying everyone is getting all the loots.  Should have known....

Sam Fisher! in a cel-shaded squad based mobile game.... :speaktothehand:

I will say Watch Dogs: Legion, AC:Valhalla, and Far Cry 6 all look great tho. 

bread's done
Back