Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Played one from the backlog Renowned Explorers: International Society. Officially beat and likely retiring though I may come back to it on occasion. Note I did buy both DLC and More to Explore is the main one to get.

First of all the story is simple. You are explorers and you try to get the most renown by completing various expeditions. In these expeditions you get story based encounters and sometimes fights, that are resolved in a simple turn based strategy setting. There are some major fighting challenges in places, but they lead to the bosses and major treasures and loot. Once the boss is defeated you leave the expedition with loot and treasure. Do this 4 times and hopefully you got enough renown to be the top explorer. Each character in your 3 person team offers skills used for skill checks (using a percentage and a wheel spinning based system) and have their own equipment that affects your fighting skills as well as others. They all have roles (scientists/fighters/etc) that usually alter their stats and what skills they have. All gain some unique skills. Between missions you can improve various things such as your research, diplomats, equipment and other stuff. The UI is generally OK enough, but not great. The graphics are pretty nice and the sound is pretty good as well. The major moot point to this all is this gets old fast. I can imagine the base game getting old quicker, as the More to Explore DLC adds campfire stories, randomized skills for treasures, and a few new expeditions. I feel the game already starts getting repetitive, so these really add something to make it feel less repetitive. Also the simplistic battle system is repetitive as well but has a system where attack, friendship and devious give you bonuses and penalties so you can't just spam the same attacks. It also can get very hard as bosses ratchet up the difficulty immensely. There is a lot of balancing and such, but it just feels too samey after a few runs. I enjoyed my hours with it and am glad I beat the game too. There is a very hard Emperor's Challenge DLC where you try to beat a rival by completing missions which I haven't beat yet. It's recommended if you like the game and want a challenge and a newer way to play. Overall it's a very solid game, but I feel doesn't have the lasting power for a strong rouge lite game. 7.5/10 and recommend that you dust this one out of your backlog. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Rocket League is going F2P. Owners of the Steam version will be able to continue playing the game through Steam. New owners will have to use Epic.

https://www.pcgamer.com/rocket-league-going-free-to-play-new-players-will-have-to-get-it-on-the-epic-store/

The Steam version will get "full support for future updates and features," says Psyonix, and you'll still be able to do all the things you could before, like buy items or the Rocket Pass. And just as you can currently play with console players, you'll be able to party up with and compete against those who have the Epic Store version of Rocket League. Psyonix is also adding support for cross-platform inventories and progression if you link an Epic account, and that'll come along with this update.

V8o04IWvld4oQ8g77UGTdXlv364=.gif

Any input on IAMSetsuna?
I am Setsuna is a very generic-feeling homage to Chrono Trigger. I think I bought in around $25 for the switch version and felt it was an interesting and overall decent experience. I'd recommend it mostly for people with CT nostalgia who are willing to be patient with a lower-budget product.

For me it is mostly memorable for some interesting artistic directions, such as a soundtrack consisting of 100% solo piano pieces. Sometimes this is great, other times it is.. not.

Hmm that looks familiar. Doctor who?
From "Journey's End" the episode when he had to erase Donna's memory so the Time Lord info in her brain wouldn't kill her. I dunno why I remember this shit but I can not remember when I have an appointment or something that actually matters.

I'm actually playing some of the games that I bought for once!  I picked up Farcry 4, 5, and Primal for $18 during last week's Ubisoft sale and I've been plowing through Farcry 4 this week.  I wanted to do them in order or else it would probably be harder to go back to the older games afterwards.   It's been a lot of fun.   11 hours in and I'm 38% of the way through the game.  Although it is a lot of fun exploring, the map vomit is starting to get a little tedious so I'll prolly get back on the main quest scenario track soon here and play the game to completion.  But the gunplay and the amount of weapons at your disposal feels just right.  I've been putting this one off for years (2014) and its fun to finally be exploring the mountains of Kyrat and hunting down wildlife and Pagan Min!

I dunno why I remember this shit but I can not remember when I have an appointment or something that actually matters.
Yep I can remember obscure references from tv shows and games but can't be bothered to remember my own cellphone number. Of course why would I need to learn it considering that I would probably never need to call my own phone.

Looks like Epic's summer sale is on for the next 2 weeks. If you still have the $10 coupon, might be useful?

Xbox Summer Show / Announcements:

• Halo Infinite gameplay.
  • State of Decay 3.
  • STALKER 2 from GSC Game World.
  • Psychonauts 2 with Jack Black.
  • The Outer Worlds Story DLC #1 (and there will be a 2nd DLC too).
  • Obsidian with a Skyrim-like looking first-person RPG game called Avowed.
  • Tell My Why from Dontnod (looks like another Life Is Strange type of game)
  • Destiny 2 coming to Game Pass.
  • New Forza Motorsport from Turn 10.
  • NEW Fable title.
  • Every game shown today in there will be in Xbox Game Pass.

Excited to play some of those titles on PC. Pyschonauts 2 my most wanted. As Dusk Falls seems interesting too. Also Avowed though I just like fantasy games. Not a bad showcase honestly. Lots of decent looking titles though FPS aren't really my forte anymore.

Dragon Quest XI Definitive Edition December 4th, has the extra stuff from the Switch version, no discount if you own the original?
Nice find. But ouch. Recently bought the original release on steam since I figured a new version was never going to happen by this point. Based on some searches it looks like the Def. edition is going straight to Game Pass on release (Dec. 4)

Edit: Might be requesting my first ever steam refund on this.

who the fuck would have bought this bundle anyway they're both on gamepass
You talking about the Gears bundle or something else?

If Gears I don't use gamepass. Just never have and likely never will as I just want to play, what I want to play, when I want to play it.

If I'm paying for a service like that I feel I will push myself to play another game than the one in currently enjoying. Also if I want to take a month off to watch a TV show quickly I'm good for that too. In other news I recently crossed over 300 hours in Forza Horizon 4 and 650 hours in The Division 2.

The problem with game pass for me is that games don’t stay on game pass. If it was more like Spotify, I would without a doubt sign up and never buy a game again. Even if they charged more per month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those who like to "own" their games, technically.

I do wonder how long Game Pass will stay at $5 for PC Game Pass....and when that actual price might go up. If it goes up, chances are, I probably won't stick around w/ Game Pass. Then, I'd lose access to that library, when I'm not subbing.

Even though it's much easier to supposedly mod games w/ the latest update to Xbox for PC App games [without Steam] (ain't tried it yet, don't know) - I'm also guessing that for modding purposes and backing up purposes, it could be easier to deal w Steam-versions of Xbox PC Games; that's of course if we are provided w/ those games being put in the Steam game-folder and we actually have access to them. Don't know, never bought a newer game on Steam utilizing Xbox for PC App. Can anyone clarify on that part?

For Xbox for PC App titles (recent ones) that are on Steam - do we have access to those actual game-folders? Are they placed within the Steam's "Common" game-folder?

In Xbox for PC App for games you supposedly "own" (yeah, that's really up for debate w/ the way their apps work) or games that use PC Game Pass [all of those versions without Steam] - you really do not have access to these game-folders at all...unless you go through the W10 procedure to take control of a Windows-App folder. So, it makes it a royal pain in the neck to copy/back-up game-folders, mod them, and things of that sort.

As much as G4WL sucked and was God-awful as a service (with tons of problems) - at least I could stick the game in a game-folder, I knew where it was, and could mod/back-up/or do whatever w/ the files and/or folder without that much effort.

I believe FH4 just did this... I would be pretty annoyed to have to think about dropping 20-30 dollars on a game I already put 300 hours in just so I could play it again.
The first-party MS games tend to be on GP at launch and stay on GP. Horizon 4 is still there. I normally don't do any kind of gaming sub either but decided to hop onboard when MS was handing out so much of it for cheap/free. I'm set for 3 years and still have 3.5 more months I'm waiting to redeem.

The link below has a full list, including filters for pc only and for titles "leaving soon."
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games

I believe FH4 just did this... I would be pretty annoyed to have to think about dropping 20-30 dollars on a game I already put 300 hours in just so I could play it again.
Exactly. Plus I just don't have the time anymore to plow through games just so I can make sure I play it before it leaves game pass. And on top of all of that, I got game pass a few months back to play Metro Exodus. Trying to load that game through xbox app was a nightmare. I read online that the gamepass version of that game had issues. Yeah, not for me...

Exactly. Plus I just don't have the time anymore to plow through games just so I can make sure I play it before it leaves game pass. And on top of all of that, I got game pass a few months back to play Metro Exodus. Trying to load that game through xbox app was a nightmare. I read online that the gamepass version of that game had issues. Yeah, not for me...
Ha, that's what stopped my GamePass spree. Right before they expanded GP I played a ton of games. Back then it was mostly first party MS stuff. Then I tried Metro and game would just crash every 5 minutes. It was a nightmare. I finally just gave up. And then really stopped doing much of the GP stuff even though they've had games I like. I find subs just don't work well for me so it's not a great value unless I really want to play a certain game and plan to play it immediately. FWIW though, I thought games like Forza were supposed to be permanently on GP?

GamePass is good for one-off games I won't likely play again.  I'm not going to replay Plague Tale or Wolfenstein: Young Blood after finishing them so I don't need to give a shit if they disappear one of these days.  My Steam library is full of games that I enjoyed and I "own" but would never notice if they disappeared because I'll never go back to them after having finished their stories.  On the other hand, I wouldn't use GamePass to play a long-term game or games that rely on microtransactions, season passes, etc. 

I bought into GamePass during all the conversion stuff and have it through next year and only spent around $25.  I tried several games I thought might be promising but, in practice, I didn't really like so I figure it's already saved me its cost via me not buying those games.  But I wouldn't pay $14 a month for it or whatever it ends up being. 

Ha, that's what stopped my GamePass spree. Right before they expanded GP I played a ton of games. Back then it was mostly first party MS stuff. Then I tried Metro and game would just crash every 5 minutes. It was a nightmare. I finally just gave up. And then really stopped doing much of the GP stuff even though they've had games I like. I find subs just don't work well for me so it's not a great value unless I really want to play a certain game and plan to play it immediately. FWIW though, I thought games like Forza were supposed to be permanently on GP?
That's funny! It sucks cause I got to the second chapter/area of the game and then the game wouldn't even load for me anymore. And as much as I want to continue playing the game, I am not sure if I can replay the game from the beginning.

That's funny! It sucks cause I got to the second chapter/area of the game and then the game wouldn't even load for me anymore. And as much as I want to continue playing the game, I am not sure if I can replay the game from the beginning.
I heard that they fixed the issues eventually, but it was just too much of a pain for me. Especially during the beginning where the save points are so far in between. I literally had to replay the same stuff over and over due to the crashes.

The gamepass offerings are good for games that either are first party or that you intend to play only once, the client is kind of bad because it depends on the Microsoft Store.

Halo 3 was released a week ago and I don't know why after updating the Master Chief Collection my game wouldn't boot anymore, since I didn't want to redownload the whole game I had to do some trickery to move the current installation, "delete" the game, reinstall and replace the files so it would only do a check, after that the game worked fine but I know that most people wouldn't spend like 3 hours trying to fix that. And the issue has been reported since Halo Reach came out like 8 months ago.

So yeah, the service is good but the Microsoft Store reliance can make it very wonky, that's probably why the service is still in beta.

Played through Carrion on GamePass. ~4 hours long I think. Fairly good if a bit repetitive. There's something immensely satisfying about entering a room and taking everyone out one by one like something out of a horror film.

bread's done
Back