Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I didn't even realize it was coming out this year.
Bloodlines 2 was supposed to be out Q1 2020, but got delayed to later 2020.

Now 2020 is not happening now, as it got pushed back even further into 2021 now.

I'm fine w/ it, if this gets the game polished and in a clear window that hopefully no other major title comes out in so gamers actually buy it; and so we actually hopefully at some point might get Bloodlines 3 sooner rather than later.

I really don't wanna wait another 10-15 years, for a Bloodlines 3.

Bloodlines 2 say not coming out in those jam-packed time-frames surrounding Cyberpunk 2077 (Nov. 19th) and AC: Valhalla (Nov. 17th) is probably a good thing. I wouldn't want to compete w/ those juggernauts.

Activision really made a mistake 15 years ago or so, launching Bloodlines 1 on the same day as Half-Life 2. It never had a chance, coming out that day - and unfortunately, neither did Troika (RIP).

EDIT:

They can delay it as long as they want, but I won't buy a VtMB game that isn't rushed out the door completely unfinished and buggy as all hell.
Yeah, I'd also rather it come out polished and hopefully in a clean release window when nothing else is coming out - so that it makes some good sales; and so we get a Bloodlines 3.

Bloodlines 1 was buggy...and that certainly didn't help matters. Wesp did a great job w/ unofficially patching stuff up and still doing so, these day and age.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing a lot of Undermine. It's pretty fun, but I also fear it's kind of flawed as well. First of all the movement with an xbox 360 controller is pretty good. The attacks are fine, as is throwing the pick axe. There is one very floaty move, which is also your dodge move, which is a jump move. I'm not a huge fan and have a hard time being very precise with the jump. Also I freakin' hate mining. You have to hit the wall/rocks/statue with gold twice and then get all the gold while some green guys who don't hurt you try to take the gold. It gets super repetitive mining, so I guess it's an accurate simulation of that. I also feel some of the later upgrades are so expensive. I'm like on the third boss out of 6 i guess or something like that. It will take me a while, and I'm not sure i'm up to it. This feels a bit more repetitive than say Enter the Gungeon, though you do have upgrades and blessings/curses you can get along with potions. It's all functional. I just feel while I like the game, I may be tapping out and just playing runs now and then. Likely a strong 6.5/10, but I know it's flawed and fatally flawed in some ways with the very floaty jump/dodge move. 

Although I bought Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition last Saturday on GOG.com, I just noticed this little gem of information when I looked at the listing.

When you buy this game, The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls Chapter II: Daggerfall will be added to your GOG.com account for free!

I think they've been given out free before on GOG.  They've also been free to download from Bethesda's website (and later Bethesda's client) for several years.

Forza Horizon 3 - Delisting Sale:

Forza Horizon 3 Sale on Microsoft Store/Xbox for PC:

• Standard (FH3 base-game only) = $9.89
  • Expansion Pass (Blizzard Mountain DLC & Hot Wheels DLC) = $10.49
  • "Ultimate Edition" (FH3 base, Early Access, VIP Pass, Car Pass, Motorsports All Stars Pack) = $20.99.

Side notes:

• The so-called "Ultimate Edition" DOESN'T include Expansion Pass.
  • To get all game "content" right now (i.e. all maps & races) - you'd need to buy both Standard & Expansion Pass; or buy both Ultimate & Expansion Pass.
  • "Ultimate Edition" has more cars, bonuses, currency, and other stuff...if you need more of that stuff.
  • Car Pass is $30 and not on sale alone, but this is bundled w/ the Ultimate Edition.
  • Car Pass has 42 new cars in it, if that matters to anyone.
  • Car Pass does NOT have all of the car packs. Only these ones.
  • More Complete versions of FH3 got made "unavailable":
  • Ultimate Add-On Pack (with Only All of the DLC's) [req. ownership of FH3 base at least] was made "unavailable" for purchase.
  • FH3: Platinum Plus Expansions Bundle (FH3 & 2 Expansions & All Car Packs) was also made "unavailable" for purchase.

GTAV was boring but people still fawn all over it even today.
From what I can tell people only ever talk about its multiplayer, or doing wacky sandbox things that have nothing to do with the plot. Unlike with Vice City, San Andreas etc where people still reference the plot/characters/voice acting/soundtrack etc to this day, I've never seen anyone say anything positive about GTA V's plot or characters past the initial fawning reviews.

Vice City still has my favorite atmosphere of any GTA game. It's controversial, but I probably find GTA IV the next strongest mainly cause it feels like an underbelly type city. Honestly I enjoyed the game other than the freakin' terrible driving even good old Nico lol. GTA V is aight, but I never really connected with the setting. I only played a few hours though and just didn't feel excited. I never came back.

Just commenting Undermine doesn't really value my time for upgrades. Was excited since I found a new familiar my last game and then it costs 10000 gold to unlock it. Nope! I'm done with this. Way too repetitive and areas started feeling overly familiar. I got some fun out of it, and it's worth it for a bit bundled, but yeah the grind is way too real for this. 

Just commenting Undermine doesn't really value my time for upgrades. Was excited since I found a new familiar my last game and then it costs 10000 gold to unlock it. Nope! I'm done with this. Way too repetitive and areas started feeling overly familiar. I got some fun out of it, and it's worth it for a bit bundled, but yeah the grind is way too real for this.
It's on my wishlist. Not too excited about it now. :speaktothehand:

Just a reminder, Quake 2 is free on Bethesda's game launcher for the next 72 or so hours. Quake 3 next week too.

I think I'm more disappointed as I kind of really liked the game at first, but over time I saw more and more flaws and everything felt samey. It's got mainly positive reviews, but yeah it's not my type of rouge lite.

Forza Horizon 3 - Delisting Sale:
I wish Forza Horizon 4 was on Steam, as so many newer Microsoft games are there now. It also seems to be better optimized than 3 on PC.

Microsoft really delists these titles very quickly, compared to some other publishers. An almost 12 year old Need for Speed game is still on sale on Steam.

I wish Forza Horizon 4 was on Steam, as so many newer Microsoft games are there now. It also seems to be better optimized than 3 on PC.

Microsoft really delists these titles very quickly, compared to some other publishers. An almost 12 year old Need for Speed game is still on sale on Steam.
I feel like at a certain point that car manufactures changed how the license agreement worked. That it went from basically forever to only a certain length of time.

Amen to Forza's being on Steam... I think that would solve a lot of the weird errors you get with WIndows 10 games.

The new Total War game is free now on the Epic Launcher if you snag it within the first 24 hours. Remnant From the Ashes will be free as well starting in about an hour. 

Side notes:

• The so-called "Ultimate Edition" DOESN'T include Expansion Pass.
  • To get all game "content" (i.e. all maps & races) - you'd need to buy both Standard & Expansion Pass; or buy both Ultimate & Expansion Pass.
  • "Ultimate Edition" has more cars, bonuses, currency, and other stuff...if you need more of that stuff.
  • Car Pass is $30 and not on sale alone, but this is bundled w/ the Ultimate Edition.
  • Car Pass has 42 new cars in it, if that matters to anyone...
This is ridiculous.

Thanks for breaking it down.

Car pass has 42 cars in it, are those the cars available separately in: Hoonigan, Porsche, Rockstar, Mountain Dew, Duracell, and Alpinestars?

I've never played a FH. I am most excited about the Hot Wheels content here. Can anyone speak to if the other stuff is worth it? I do tend to like racers. I platinumed NFS:MW and Burnout: Paradise and these look like that kind of fix. Happy to save $10 though,and just pick up Standard and Expansion if Ultimate content doesn't matter much.

This is ridiculous.

Thanks for breaking it down.

Car pass has 42 cars in it, are those the cars available separately in: Hoonigan, Porsche, Rockstar, Mountain Dew, Duracell, and Alpinestars?

I've never played a FH. I am most excited about the Hot Wheels content here. Can anyone speak to if the other stuff is worth it? I do tend to like racers. I platinumed NFS:MW and Burnout: Paradise and these look like that kind of fix. Happy to save $10 though,and just pick up Standard and Expansion if Ultimate content doesn't matter much.
Personally, I already own Standard and Expansion Pass, from a while ago.

This puts me in a spot - as Car Pass isn't even dirt-cheap at $10 or less here. And there's no discounted or cheap way to say jump from Standard-to-Ultimate in an Upgrade path.

If Car Pass was that cheap ($10 or less), I'd probably throw in the towel and jump on it...since this game's going away from being sold. If it doesn't go on sale that cheap - probably gonna skip Car Pass. [shrug]

FH3 is awesome. It doesn't have much of a story or anything - but literally, as an open-world game w/ huge world; lots to do; lots to find; races to play; races & their parameters to create/modify/change/etc etc - it's a blast. This is probably my favorite open-world street-style/arcade-style racer since either NFS: Most Wanted 2005 or NFS: Carbon; and maybe even TDU2.

I...don't know the answer to the Car Pass, if all other DLC's are a part of Car Pass. Car Pass is listed as having 6 packs with 7 cars for each one. All that math would add-up (6 packs x 7 cars per each DLC = 42) to those probably being a part of Car Pass - but I don't know for sure. I'll try and hunt around, to see what I can dig up on it...?

Honestly - eh, 42's a lot of cars. If I had ZERO FH3 content already, I'd probably go w/ Ultimate and Expansion myself.

EDIT:

Okay, here's what's in the Car Pass, according to the FH3 Wiki:

https://forza.fandom.com/wiki/Forza_Horizon_3/Car_Pass

Six car packs (42 cars)

EDIT 2:

Looks like More Complete versions of FH3 got made "unavailable":

I have played about 3 or 4 games from the Epic Launcher too. It's alright and works at least. I'm OK also with the Origin launcher. Sometimes Steam is bloated as heck especially with less RAM resources and a massive library. I know before upgrading my computer sometimes that would load slowly. Not a huge fan of so many storefronts, but it is what it is. These all seem like very good quality giveways for Epic though.

I couldn't tolerate it any longer; been working off 1TB SSD storage since nov'18.  Been waiting for these to come down in price since Christmas but I need a new games drive and the pandemic (buying) conditions won't be changing anytime soon.  So it was time.

inland-2tb-nvme-3-0-ssd.jpg

Really hope the PCIe 4.0 and 5.0 data transfer speeds, and the upcoming PS5 SSD and its associated game development, don't have me regretting this purchase in two years.  But it doesn't make sense to consider PCIe 4.0 NVMe drives at their current prices and that's not going to change anytime soon either. 

@Nothing

Awesome @ 2TB of NVMe SSD. 

One always needs HDD space - no matter what, whenever needed. 

Worst comes to worst - you can always use that, at later said date, as a storage drive....when it gets old; and as long as it still works. That'll surely beat using a HDD, in terms of speed.

I'd guess, there's probably adapters from NVMe-to-USB or whatever out there, if need be in later years. Are there any hard drive docks supporting NVMe out the box. Any idea if these exist?

Any converters/dongles/adapter to say go from NVMe-to-USB 3.0/3.1 out there also?

I still use HDD Docks for old bigger old-school mechanical drives. Not gonna let my HDD's go to waste, as long as they work - you know? I need every amount of space I can get my hands on!

There's always usage for big SSD's, old-school HDD's, or whatever - especially w/ the way some of these games are in size. Like, supposedly...COD: MW Reboot takes up now around 220+ GB of space. With gets getting huger and load times possibly getting even worse b/c of the size and who knows how much of the "4k" file reading this could get into - we're gonna need every SSD or HDD we can get our hands on, for current usage and/or storage purposes.

I couldn't tolerate it any longer; been working off 1TB SSD storage since nov'18. Been waiting for these to come down in price since Christmas but I need a new games drive and the pandemic (buying) conditions won't be changing anytime soon. So it was time.

inland-2tb-nvme-3-0-ssd.jpg

Really hope the PCIe 4.0 and 5.0 data transfer speeds, and the upcoming PS5 SSD and its associated game development, don't have me regretting this purchase in two years. But it doesn't make sense to consider PCIe 4.0 NVMe drives at their current prices and that's not going to change anytime soon either.
Just make sure you precharge it by rubbing it on the carpet a good 10-15 times before putting it in the mobo. You'll thank me later. Like however long it takes you to replace your fried PC later.

#humblebrag

I just added another 2TB to my boot drive; currently at 9tb of SSD's ; not sure how anyone gets by on just 1tb nowadays

Any converters/dongles/adapter to say go from NVMe-to-USB 3.0/3.1 out there also?
Even if there are they are wasted on a TLC nvme, you're effectively cutting its speed down to ~1/3 of what it could be running at. If you do that then maybe its worthwhile on a QLC where the native speeds are closer to the max of usb3.1

Its a good drive though, Ive been using that same one for ~6mo now as my main drive

I've made one actual purchase on EGS and it did not go well. Took 3 weeks and multiple support emails to get the correct season pass content included with Far Cry 5 gold. $8 not well spent.

0 = 0
Similar. Tried to purchase Maneater when it came out. They had my region as India. Not because I had ever entered it as India, just because. When I tried to pay, they refused payment because of the mismatch in region and address. Five back and forth emails and still couldn't get them to change it and no one could tell me how it got set that way to begin with. Finally called and got someone to change it, but only after thirty minutes on hold and two disconnects as they tried to connect me to someone who could help.

I still dont own Maneater.

On top of that, I don't see how a UI could suck so bad and never be changed. I work in web dev and we have to temper our PMs from making more than one major UI revision a year. Does no one at Epic actually use their app?

Just picked up Troy and Remnant for free from the Epic games store, looks like if I use my $10 coupon then Horizon Zero Dawn Complete will only be $4.99.  That is pretty tempting but I rarely ever play games from launchers other than steam so I don't know if its worth pulling the trigger.

Master Miguel said:
looks like if I use my $10 coupon then Horizon Zero Dawn Complete will only be $4.99. That is pretty tempting
I would buy hzd in a heartbeat for 4.99. But...

You may need to clean your keyboard.

bread's done
Back