Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Some episodes are on occasion removed due to licensing since they don't want to pay an actor/s or such in them as well.
A couple months ago, I was watching Wings on Hulu cause I was on a 90s kick and found out basically 25ish episodes aren't streamable. That's like stripping out a whole season. I gave up and watched more recent stuff after that.

Edit: I legit forgot what thread this was.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple months ago, I was watching Wings on Hulu cause I was on a 90s kick and found out basically 25ish episodes aren't streamable. That's like stripping out a whole season. I gave up and watched more recent stuff after that.

Wings, Etc.

An update on my 'pooter problems, even though no one cares and I'm on the verge of completing losing my fragile little shit over this...

For my sanity, I took a week off from trying to isolate my "certain games have no audio" issue and when I came back to it, I started testing all of the older games I have installed and even downloading others, based on how much I enjoy playing them.

Very quickly, I got to RAGE, which I love (as I've stated in the past, this one of my favorite shooters of the past 10 or 20 years). Lo and fucking behold, I try to launch it and boom: "Failed to create XAudio2 engine.  Try installing the latest DirectX." However, RAGE also has an optional 64 bit exe and using this allowed the game to run, mostly fine, audio and all.

So, it seems pretty clear to me that the issue is with System 32/32 bit games and specifically the XAudio2 dll. I'm not sure where or when this reared it's ugly head: perhaps it happened when I bought a new mobo/cpu in 2018 (doubtful) OR could've been when I refreshed my version of Windows last year (more likely) OR maybe it was part of a bad/buggy update from Microshart (most likely).

I've tried every avenue imaginable to repair my DirectX 9 - 11 files, but the installers either fail or simply tell me the version I have is newer. The only remaining option I can see is to do a completely new/fresh Windows install on another SSD I have. I fucking hate reinstalling Windows (especially in the event it doesn't fix this), but I can't think of another fix to attempt. Thinking I'll try another 64 bit install first to see if it helps, but if it doesn't, run Win 10 32 bit and then dual boot, which is just ugh.

BUT, hopefully, if I can isolate/replicate/fix the issue then it might help some other poor sonofabitch that this happens to later on.

Physical media might be less available but it isn't going away totally for stuff like movies, far too many people in the US can not reliably stream content or have ridiculous bandwidth caps.  Hell, I can not even keep a cell phone signal in a lot of places that are 30-45 minutes away from here and there are scattered homes and small communities all over the place in rural areas like that.  And a lot of people (myself included) just won't bother with a lot of stuff if streaming is the only way to see it.  Maybe when kids who are growing up today are old farts it will be almost all streaming but not anytime soon.  Spreading what little content I want to see across half a dozen subscription services just makes me either not see it at all or find other means of viewing it.  I know a lot of people who do the same and when everything was available on cable we bitched about prices but kept paying anyway.

You know what's bs is on Hulu they have Mary Tyler Moore but not Rhoda. I was like "oh rhoda hasn't been on this program in a while" and then they're like "oh rhoda's in new york and she's engaged now" and I was like wtf

Physical media might be less available but it isn't going away totally for stuff like movies, far too many people in the US can not reliably stream content or have ridiculous bandwidth caps. Hell, I can not even keep a cell phone signal in a lot of places that are 30-45 minutes away from here and there are scattered homes and small communities all over the place in rural areas like that. And a lot of people (myself included) just won't bother with a lot of stuff if streaming is the only way to see it. Maybe when kids who are growing up today are old farts it will be almost all streaming but not anytime soon. Spreading what little content I want to see across half a dozen subscription services just makes me either not see it at all or find other means of viewing it. I know a lot of people who do the same and when everything was available on cable we bitched about prices but kept paying anyway.
Your point that there are people who do not have access to reliable/good broadband is noted. Unfortunately, I think that means that there will be fewer physical copies available. That means you're less likely to see amazing sales on new titles because of less volume. You'll surely be able to pick up hidden nuggets at second hand/closeout stores for quite some time... until they become hard to find and price rises on the good stuff.

In other words, while it isn't disappearing overnight, we'll see the same thing happen to movies that's happened to other forms of entertainment like music, games, and books. Enough people will have a catalogue of movies that they'll continue to make players... for a while. When a player breaks, there's a chance someone says "fuck it" and moves to streaming (or never notices it is broken because it's abandoned in a closet).

We are all in an uncomfortable place with television and movies because technology is changing. Streaming doesn't have the fidelity of high quality physical media, but it will catch up (at least, enough) to make people not care. Couple that with the strong desire of content owners to get everyone on the payment plan. It's inevitable.

I feel like everyone knows all of this already because it is obviously what we've seen happening before our very eyes for decades. One form of physical media replaces another, and another, and another. Only this time, it's not physical.

At the same time, we're also seeing content being separated from the conduit provider. Everyone wants a piece of the pie and they are going to see how far they can push people. How many streaming services will we tolerate? Some will thrive and some will fail. If the split continues along the lines of media corporations like Disney, Warner, Apple, Amazon, Viacom, and Comcast, you can bet eventually we will see consolidation again. The days of a massive all-encompassing catalogue of streaming media for ~ $10 are over.

Physical media might be less available but it isn't going away totally for stuff like movies, far too many people in the US can not reliably stream content or have ridiculous bandwidth caps. Hell, I can not even keep a cell phone signal in a lot of places that are 30-45 minutes away from here and there are scattered homes and small communities all over the place in rural areas like that. And a lot of people (myself included) just won't bother with a lot of stuff if streaming is the only way to see it. Maybe when kids who are growing up today are old farts it will be almost all streaming but not anytime soon. Spreading what little content I want to see across half a dozen subscription services just makes me either not see it at all or find other means of viewing it. I know a lot of people who do the same and when everything was available on cable we bitched about prices but kept paying anyway.
You're kidding, right?

When kids today are old, it will all be like this:

The-Riddlers-3D-Box-GIF.gif

Physical media is dying guys.  It's just a niche product at this point.  For DVDs, I think they are still around as sort of a legacy product and for communities around the world with no access to internet or whatever, but other than that it's all streaming all the time.  Music media is dead.  Take this from someone who collected CDs extensively for like 2 decades.  Nowadays they are basically niche collectibles for old farts who want to have something to clutter their shelves. 

It can suck.  I know I had the urge to watch King of the Hill a few years back and couldn't find it anywhere online to stream or even buy the DVD set.  Had to order it from Ebay from a bootleg Chinese seller.  And then they took down simpsons world and it's stuck behind Disney plus now.  I'm lucky that I'm one of those basic boys who love The Office and Parks and Rec so those are available to stream or watch like 24-7. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, MysterD.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 fires lead writer Brian Mitsoda together with creative director

When developer Hardsuit Labs delayed Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 to 2021 about a week ago, the company also mentioned it had "organisational changes" to share that would help them achieve their goal of finally launching the game in 2021.

Those organizational changes have now been unveiled in a short statement available on the official Bloodlines 2 website: Both Lead Writer Brian Mitsoda and Creative Director Ka’ai Cluney are no longer working part of the team at Hardsuit Labs. The statement further says that this was "a joint decision made by the leadership of Hardsuit Labs and Paradox Interactive".

Speaking to Rock Paper Shotgun via email, Mitsoda, who was the lead writer on the original Bloodlines at Troika Games, puts it more bluntly, saying he has been "suddenly terminated" on July 16, and that "this came to [him] as a shock would be underselling it". As someone prominently involved in the development of the first game in the series, Mitsoda was heavily featured in its promotion, including numerous interviews. "I lent my legacy with the franchise, my name, and my participation in marketing efforts for the game, even when it was intensely difficult and took a mental and physical toll. This is all because I wanted to do what was best for the game and the team," he says.

Mitsoda further states that he wasn't made aware of the reasons for the repeated delays of the game, saying "I was not part of the conversations that led to the decision to delay production, and to my knowledge, there were no delays caused by the Bloodlines 2 narrative development."

Hardsuit Labs has appointed game design consultant Alexandre Mandryka, who has worked on titles such as Assassin's Creed and Far Cry as creative consultant, to fill the Creative Director role. Fan reactions on social media are subdued—after several delays, the loss of two developers integral to the project speaks of trouble at Hardsuit Labs. Especially the way Mitsoda and Ka'ai were let go doesn't inspire confidence, even when the changes don't sound like there is a massive overhaul in the works.

An update on my 'pooter problems, even though no one cares and I'm on the verge of completing losing my fragile little shit over this...

For my sanity, I took a week off from trying to isolate my "certain games have no audio" issue and when I came back to it, I started testing all of the older games I have installed and even downloading others, based on how much I enjoy playing them.

Very quickly, I got to RAGE, which I love (as I've stated in the past, this one of my favorite shooters of the past 10 or 20 years). Lo and fucking behold, I try to launch it and boom: "Failed to create XAudio2 engine. Try installing the latest DirectX." However, RAGE also has an optional 64 bit exe and using this allowed the game to run, mostly fine, audio and all.

So, it seems pretty clear to me that the issue is with System 32/32 bit games and specifically the XAudio2 dll. I'm not sure where or when this reared it's ugly head: perhaps it happened when I bought a new mobo/cpu in 2018 (doubtful) OR could've been when I refreshed my version of Windows last year (more likely) OR maybe it was part of a bad/buggy update from Microshart (most likely).

I've tried every avenue imaginable to repair my DirectX 9 - 11 files, but the installers either fail or simply tell me the version I have is newer. The only remaining option I can see is to do a completely new/fresh Windows install on another SSD I have. I fucking hate reinstalling Windows (especially in the event it doesn't fix this), but I can't think of another fix to attempt. Thinking I'll try another 64 bit install first to see if it helps, but if it doesn't, run Win 10 32 bit and then dual boot, which is just ugh.

BUT, hopefully, if I can isolate/replicate/fix the issue then it might help some other poor sonofabitch that this happens to later on.
im-sorry-i-wasnt-listening-the-dude-gif-big-lebowski-sheriff-scene.gif

Yep, I saw it earlier. I wonder where the heck this is all going w/ Bloodlines 2.

I'm so gutted.

I'm hoping all of Brian's content stays unchanged (side note: I do wonder if there's some creative differences b/t Brian and Paradox) and that it's all content-finished already (i.e. it's completed, content-wise). Hope everything's complete - and all that is left is bug-fixing and polishing.

That would suck..if they fired Brian and Ka'ai...and the story and/or content isn't all complete...and they have to find others to finish that up b/c they want to kick the game out the door.

Also, I'm wondering if Paradox just wants this game done...and just decided to finally, kick it out the door, however they can. It's already been delayed a few times (was supposed to be out last year, IIRC) - and they really haven't got this out before Cyberpunk 2077 comes out.

Hopefully, they (Paradox) just brought the former Ubisoft consultant in just to basically...polish for shipping Brian's game right out the door.

I also wonder if Paradox kicked Tyranny out the door, given how it ends...and feels like it needs another chapter, DLC, full sequel, or something.

Also, just as a quick note on the audio in streamed content thing - it's catching up.  Dolby sound or whatever is coming along and other formats too.  With the new HDMI you should be able to get the same audio from streamed content as blu rays or whatever within the next few years. 

So apparently the dude that voiced Early Cuyler on Squidbillies decided to act exactly like Early Cuyler IRL and is now jobless.  So that is keeping with the theme of 2020.   Also I thought that show died off years ago and apparently it is still around.  *shrug*  

Anyway, everybody wave goodbye to Bloodlines 2 as it falls into the abyss of development hell to join Metroid Prime 4.

I kinda want to buy that awful Humble Bundle everybody was making fun of because I want the metroidvania game and The Textorcist and kinda want to try that bargain-basement Darkest Dungeon clone and a couple of the lower tier games look ok.  I dunno.  I know I could wait and either get most or all of it in another bundle or piecemeal for less money.  I might just go outside and set a ten and two singles on the driveway and light them on fire and get a brief thrill from that.  

Also, just as a quick note on the audio in streamed content thing - it's catching up. Dolby sound or whatever is coming along and other formats too. With the new HDMI you should be able to get the same audio from streamed content as blu rays or whatever within the next few years.
You already can, depending on streaming service. Most of them already support DD+, and with DD+ you can get atmos (again depending on service and if your device supports/licenses it). What they probably will never have is the much higher bitrate TrueHD or DTS-HD-MA-X or whatever the fuck DTS calls their high bitrate streams these days. It just doesnt make much sense to support those when the vast majority of people are only streaming to tvs and devices that 99% wont support the codecs since you need an AVR, and an AVR that supports the formats to be able to play them. Its just not cost effective bandwidth, technology, and library size wise to do it for the small percentage that might be swayed by it

There are big differences in the theoretical quality between them though. DD+ is lossy, and I think netflix uses 768kbps now for it. Its just an extension of the old AC3 format bumping it to 7.1 and higher bitrates with metadata. Meanwhile TrueHD is lossless and goes at a max of 18mbps, its supposed to be a studio accurate representation of the original soundtrack. However both can do the atmos encoding, its just metadata tacked on to either

I've experienced this recently also... Tried watching JAG on CBS All Access. Only the first season has all the episodes while the rest are missing 15-20 episodes each.

A show that had 227 episodes and only 82 are available for streaming... and this is the only place you can stream it.

Luckily, its still in syndication on WGN so I've had my DVR record it.

Did you try watching them on hulu through imdb? I ran into that issue with quantum leap during the first episode where Scott Bakula became a woman and layed a guy out. As they had the scene in the opening but it was missing on hulu along with a few others. But when I searched for it on imdb it had the video link on there where I could watch it and then it appeared in my hulu history.

You already can, depending on streaming service. Most of them already support DD+, and with DD+ you can get atmos (again depending on service and if your device supports/licenses it). What they probably will never have is the much higher bitrate TrueHD or DTS-HD-MA-X or whatever the fuck DTS calls their high bitrate streams these days. It just doesnt make much sense to support those when the vast majority of people are only streaming to tvs and devices that 99% wont support the codecs since you need an AVR, and an AVR that supports the formats to be able to play them. Its just not cost effective bandwidth, technology, and library size wise to do it for the small percentage that might be swayed by it

There are big differences in the theoretical quality between them though. DD+ is lossy, and I think netflix uses 768kbps now for it. Its just an extension of the old AC3 format bumping it to 7.1 and higher bitrates with metadata. Meanwhile TrueHD is lossless and goes at a max of 18mbps, its supposed to be a studio accurate representation of the original soundtrack. However both can do the atmos encoding, its just metadata tacked on to either
Ever since I found out these guys are behind it, I've been boycotting ATMOS. There's something about them I just don't trust. . . .

maxresdefault.jpg

Hitman 3 is an Epic Store Exclusive for 12 months on the PC:

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-dartmoor/

PRE-ORDERS

HITMAN 3 pre-orders are scheduled to go live later this month and we’re pleased to have an updated line-up of platforms. In January 2021, you’ll be able to play HITMAN 3 on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Google Stadia and PC, where the game will be available exclusively via Epic Games Store for 12 months.

As an independent studio, our partnership with Epic has given us the freedom to create HITMAN 3 exactly as we imagined and self-publish the game to our players directly. It’s also important to us that we honour the time our existing PC players have spent in our previous games.

With that in mind, we are pleased to confirm that PC players will be able to carryover their current progression and unlocks from HITMAN 2 on Steam into HITMAN 3 on Epic Games Store.

It will also be possible for PC players to import locations from the previous two games into HITMAN 3 on Epic Games Store.

We want to make it a seamless process for our PC players to enjoy HITMAN 3 on a different PC platform and continue to enjoy the benefits of our World of Assassination.

85236025-d801-4c9a-9f68-76d21da3fc3e_text_hi.gif

But, because you're SOOOOOO interested, I did a fresh 64 bit install and everything now works, as expected. Going to try and copy over/replace the new files to the old SSD and hopefully (fingers crossed) fix my long standing OS, because we've been through ALOT together.

I buy all of my favorite television shows on BD or on 4K.  It's one of my favorite things to do.  Wait until they go on sale and then pounce.  Last week I picked up Watchmen S1 on BD for $20 and Sharp Objects for $20 before that. I have never seen Gotham before but the entire series went on flash sale at BB twice last week for only $25 on BD.  Westworld in 4K was a phenomenal presentation in full HDR.  Way better than anything HBO can offer over streaming on HBO GO, HBO Now, or HBO Max.  (dafuq is that all about anyways?)

Also Roku needs to get its shit together so that I can continue watching Bill Maher and Last Week Tonight in bed again.  (Tied-in) HBO streaming services don't work through Roku anymore.  Which is the whole reason why I bought the damn thing back in February.   I was super impressed with my sister's Roku box the couple of times I tried it at her house and once on vacation.  The Roku Ultra 4K was awesome prior to them de-listing HBO Go on July 31st (and not getting a new contract for HBO Max).

No one, except the companies that produce these products, can say for sure if or when they'll kill physical media. I mean, I rode that HD-DVD plane all the way into the ground and some newly released movies still get DVDs ffs. If it's a movie I care enough about, I want to "own" it in the best available format, be it bluray or UHD. And, even though it's mass produced in 3rd world countries, there's something really special about opening a new disc case and peeping that shiny surface under the label. I guess it's some kind of evolution of nostalgia from the days when I pulled the plastic shell off a gi joe at age 5.

Prophesize the disc apocalypse all you please, but we honestly know internet speeds/data streaming is nowhere near where it needs to be and who-the-fuck really trusts these giant companies/the cloud to accurately maintain what would be considered "fair" access to movies you paid to enjoy whenever you take the notion.

Not to mention game sizes are going up and up.  Digital future is far far off no matter how doomsayers keep on posting about it. It also would effectively kill console gaming given there's little reason to pay 300 or more money for a crappy box that streams/digital downloads games with overpriced memory costs, internet cost, online membership cost and whatever other add ons. Especially not with how digital games are over priced and the supposed price hike for next gen.

Not to mention game sizes are going up and up. Digital future is far far off no matter how doomsayers keep on posting about it. It also would effectively kill console gaming given there's little reason to pay 300 or more money for a crappy box that streams/digital downloads games with overpriced memory costs, internet cost, online membership cost and whatever other add ons. Especially not with how digital games are over priced and the supposed price hike for next gen.
What world do you live in? Consoles have already moved away from physical media and become $500 streaming boxes with online membership costs. 150GB game size hasn't stopped COD, arguable the biggest gaming franchise in the world, from going all digital. You can't even fit 150GB on a blu ray. The digital future is here already.

1) Given that companies *cough COMCAST cough* have been taking "unlimited" and metering them. I trust no internet company. Period.

2) I LIKE the Apple system, it's why I bought into the Ecosystem. There's enough garbage on there that I wonder what stuff they turn away, but at least my phone/ipad/computer and all of the other pads/watches/phones I have JUST in my house are under the umbrella. I personally PAY the premium so I can avoid the shenanigans on the rest of the worlds phones. I'm not saying they're unhackable, I'm saying that the sheisty stuff happens far less on them. Beyond that, screw Epic. That crap was a publicity stunt 10000%.

3) I don't stream games. I buy them physical. I keep them for 20+ years physical. Steam is the exception, but even then I have games on Steam from 14-15 years ago (minus the fact that I lost my OG steam account way back when I deployed and lost the email address it was originally assigned to). I can't stand streaming and as someone who's game systems are across the house NOT on Wi-Fi I appreciate physical. I hate running the Cat5 through the house to update. It's a PITA. (I have a repeater but the speeds are roughly halved from it and hardwired is still 3x faster than Wifi speeds)

That would suck..if they fired Brian and Ka'ai...and the story and/or content isn't all complete...and they have to find others to finish that up b/c they want to kick the game out the door.
Pretty sure this is exactly how we ended up with the drivel that was Star Wars VII-IX.

It wouldn't surprise me to see some big AAA releases not even get physical releases by the end of the upcoming console gen. But gaming and film are very different beasts and I don't see physical movie releases going away any time soon. But this really isn't the right place to have that discussion considering that people keep bringing up DVDs. If nothing else boutique label bluray releases and home theater enthusiasts supporting UHD will keep physical releases alive until humanity destroys itself. In other words, physical media will be around for at least another 25-30 years.

By the way I hope that vampire game gets canceled.

Not even mad. Good dev that deserves a nice chunk of change up front. Always got the impression that H1 + H2 never sold nearly as well as you'd expect given the acclaim. Hell, I only got my copies in Monthlies so I was part of the problem.
While I agree they are good devs this still urks me. For the simple fact of the elusive targets being 1 and done and gone. I was planning to get this game day 1 but will not support Tom swine. And now thanks to this I either have to miss out on a year of this game or pass on it all together this is a real disappointment because I really enjoyed the first two games

While I agree they are good devs this still urks me. For the simple fact of the elusive targets being 1 and done and gone. I was planning to get this game day 1 but will not support Tom swine. And now thanks to this I either have to miss out on a year of this game or pass on it all together this is a real disappointment because I really enjoyed the first two games
I don't know if they've said otherwise, but in the first two games the elusive targets got reactivated ~12-18 months later. So it's all but guaranteed that any elusive targets in H3 would come back after the re-release. I doubt Steam users will miss out on any content.

Storybundle new game books bundle called Exclusive Retro Game. I don't find this one as good as the others but the HG101 books, Dungeons and Desktops and Boss Fight books look good enough.

Link

GameDev Stories: Volume 6 - How Games Are Made by David L. Craddock

HG101 Presents: Épopée - Tales from French Game Developers by Thomas Ribault

Boss Fight Books: Postal by Brock Wilbur & Nathan Rabin

Bonus Tier 15$+:

Trivideo Games - Video Game Trivia! by Kieren Hawken

The Black Book of Animal Crossing New Horizons by John Harris

Honoring the Code by Matt Barton

HG101 Digest Vol. 6: Namco Arcade Classics by Kurt Kalata

Bottomless Pit - Volume 1 by David L. Craddock

Retro Gaming - Volume 1 by Kieren Hawken

Candid Conversations in Code by Ethan Johnson

Dungeons & Desktops by Matt Barton

Think of it as a forced waiting period to pick up the game cheap. You'll forget its out, probably twice after the Steam release and then pick it up on a bundle.

Edit: Crisis Remasterd... really? Bah. What really gets me about the Epic exclusives is that these devs/publishers have no problem selling their games on Xboners or PeeEssFoorFive giving up 30% cuts to MS and Sony but oh my gawd... Steam is eeevil for taking 30%! This is especially true if its a multiplayer game and then you have to deal with the growing pains of Epic's launcher bugs and lack of features.

Not-so-hot take: Crysis isn't even that good of a game. The original was certrainly a great tech demo, and I'm sure the remastered version will be as well now that they've added ray tracing and other enhancements. But it was a mediocre first person shooter in 2007 and I'm sure it'll still be a mediocre first person shooter in 2020. It all goes downhill after that opening level.

Not-so-hot take: Crysis isn't even that good of a game. The original was certrainly a great tech demo, and I'm sure the remastered version will be as well now that they've added ray tracing and other enhancements. But it was a mediocre first person shooter in 2007 and I'm sure it'll still be a mediocre first person shooter in 2020. It all goes downhill after that opening level.
I mean, after thirteen years sitting out, and not even under a heating lamp at that, I'd call that take room temperature at best, and probably mostly decayed by now.

Played through the new Battletoads so you don't have to. It's not particularly good. Hodge podge of different genres, none of which are replicated all that well. Poor pacing; the game is short (~3 hours) yet every level manages to go on for way too long. The story and humor defy all expectations and are actually fine, sometimes solid. It doesn't always connect but when it does it makes for some good laughs. But a lot of the stuff outside of the cutscenes are an absolute chore to play.

Also playing Spiritfarer which is apparently great but I keep getting hung up on the gameplay loop and can't decide if I should power through it to experience the story. Nothing I've played so far is what I'd consider "fun" but so many people are raving about the game's themes and how it handles sensitive subjects that I feel like I need to give it another chance.

Played through the new Battletoads so you don't have to. It's not particularly good. Hodge podge of different genres, none of which are replicated all that well. Poor pacing; the game is short (~3 hours) yet every level manages to go on for way too long. The story and humor defy all expectations and are actually fine, sometimes solid. It doesn't always connect but when it does it makes for some good laughs. But a lot of the stuff outside of the cutscenes are an absolute chore to play.

Also playing Spiritfarer which is apparently great but I keep getting hung up on the gameplay loop and can't decide if I should power through it to experience the story. Nothing I've played so far is what I'd consider "fun" but so many people are raving about the game's themes and how it handles sensitive subjects that I feel like I need to give it another chance.
Thanks. I'll wait then. (Also insane no multiplayer - though Remote play can be done). That's crazy in this day and age.

I'm playing Spiritfarer too. Honestly it's a little repetitive and slow and I'm not quite as love with it as I was with the demo. I do hope It feels a bit more awesome as things go on. Animation is still quite good. Gameplay is alright.

I mean the old Battletoads was crap too, bad controls for a lot of the game, some truly obnoxious level design... I think for 99% of people the love for the game is all nostalgia.  It was hard as hell so you could spend a lot of time on it and it was co-op (terrible co-op but it did have it) and well, not un-playable and there wasn't a lot to pick from back then.

I mean the old Battletoads was crap too, bad controls for a lot of the game, some truly obnoxious level design... I think for 99% of people the love for the game is all nostalgia. It was hard as hell so you could spend a lot of time on it and it was co-op (terrible co-op but it did have it) and well, not un-playable and there wasn't a lot to pick from back then.
It had an amazing art design that went really well with 8 bit graphics that I think make it more memorable than it likely would be... I don't really remember the controls being bad but its possible. I've not touched it in decades.

That Square Enix Avengers game we've all been talking about is in its public beta so you can all try it via steam if you want too. I tried the opening demo, and, frankly, didn't feel any need to play it more. It somehow was exactly what I expected but also worse.

Anyhow, glad they had the open beta so I could make up my own mind... This is still too uncommon for companies to do. So props to SE for doing so.

The download is only 27 GBs so its a reasonable download.

Yeah, I'm kinda there with you. I loaded it up on Xboner Game Ass and started it as my daughter wanted me to 'try something new'. Like the art/animation. Any game with a female protagonist (and a cat!) get thumbs up (as that's a huge appeal to my daughter). I stopped about 10 minutes in and was going to move on to 'Grounded', as (the story?) was slooooooooooow.

I can't abide by conversation bubbles that have like 3 words in them and have about 20 bubbles to get through. (cmon, just put a giant bubble at the bottom and let me read at my pace rather than give me repetitive strain on my right thumb... I may have to call in sick to work tomorrow.). Just not really making me want to continue.

I think my daughter would have kept going. I may coop this game with her so I can play the cat... That might be cool. So maybe a 5-6/10 from me.

It is better than GTAV though! (summoning MysterD in 5,4,3,2...)

I'm playing Spiritfarer too. Honestly it's a little repetitive and slow and I'm not quite as love with it as I was with the demo. I do hope It feels a bit more awesome as things go on. Animation is still quite good. Gameplay is alright.
I'd like it a lot more if the travel time didn't take so long.
It starts to get really annoying when you need to move from one side of the map to the other a few times. Say, you're in the middle of a quest chain but then need to add a house or new building to your boat, and now need to sail all the way back to the shark to improve your boat so you can add the building so you can then sail all the way back to the locale of your other quest chain.

bread's done
Back