Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
In Houston, both Fry's were on the outskirt's of town and required a maze of backtracking once you got off the interstate.

In Seattle, Fry's was stuck in an island between two interstates that required loops and exits galore. Never went.

In Atlanta, Fry's and MC were both about 45-50 minutes away on opposite sides of town from each other. Never went. Paid more to order my components from Amazon and Newegg when I upgraded rather than deal with traffic in Atlanta.
The Fry's "near" me in Chicago suburbia also appears to be accessible from the highway but actually requires getting off at a completely different exit and navigating a labyrinth of side streets until you fight a minotaur. The one time I went there, I was amazed at how inaccessible it was and wondered how they could have designed and built a building that size and not made sure it had easy access to the major roads. That's something usually negotiated with the municipality when you agree to put a big building up and hire people. I'm not at all surprised that it failed because no one could find how to get into the damn place.

I still haven't went to a MC. I haven't had a need to upgrade here in San Diego so I have no clue if they have Fry's or MC and where they might be.
There's a Fry's here by the 15 and 8 (Stonegate). Last time I went in was a year and a half ago, and it had nothing but junk. I wouldn't bother.

We don't have an MC. The closest one is up around Irvine.

Since when were you in SD?

There's a Fry's here by the 15 and 8 (Stonegate). Last time I went in was a year and a half ago, and it had nothing but junk. I wouldn't bother.

We don't have an MC. The closest one is up around Irvine.

Since when were you in SD?
I've been in SD for a little more than a year and let me tell you, it's not anywhere near as temperate as I was promised.

Yea, it's an especially hot year. The real benefit is not having any real winters, IMO. Going to the Zoo on Christmas Day while wearing short sleeves was a tradition for me.
Haven't been to the zoo yet, but once all this is over that's at the top of my list. I like it though. I like winters so that's not a big benefit, but overall it's a nice city, you get the southern cali feel without the LA craziness.

Am I gonna have to buy this?
tumblr_ndpdqikLmy1sp7ha5o1_250.gif

Yea, it's an especially hot year. The real benefit is not having any real winters, IMO. Going to the Zoo on Christmas Day while wearing short sleeves was a tradition for me.

I’ve done this before on 12/26 at a much crappier zoo in Louisiana; I felt like an idiot.

I quite like your assets.

That’s what he said.

Hopefully Hades drops down to $19.99 again, I would finally spend some money on the Epic store if it did.
Can anyone explain why the internet is currently obsessed with a game that has been on the market for at least a year? Am I missing something that explains the sudden Hades craze?

Can anyone explain why the internet is currently obsessed with a game that has been on the market for at least a year? Am I missing something that explains the sudden Hades craze?
I don't think that it's a sudden craze. It's that a lot of us wishlisted it, wanted to buy it, repeatedly, but never ponied up the money. For a critically acclaimed game. There was also an issue that it was available for like $7.50 or something by mistake during the very first Epic sale and combined coupon, so lots of people felt like they missed out or that it should get cheap again. Also, Supergiant's other notable games have gotten so cheap in the $3-5 range that it has made it really hard to pull the trigger on this one. It was also exclusive to Epic for many months and people wanted to own it on Steam instead.

I bought it finally during the last Steam sale after saying I was going to buy it during two previous Epic sales lol

I don't think that it's a sudden craze. It's that a lot of us wishlisted it, wanted to buy it, repeatedly, but never ponied up the money. For a critically acclaimed game. There was also an issue that it was available for like $7.50 or something by mistake during the very first Epic sale and combined coupon, so lots of people felt like they missed out or that it should get cheap again. Also, Supergiant's other notable games have gotten so cheap in the $3-5 range that it has made it really hard to pull the trigger on this one. It was also exclusive to Epic for many months and people wanted to own it on Steam instead.

I bought it finally during the last Steam sale after saying I was going to buy it during two previous Epic sales lol
Nope. That may explain people discussing it here, but it certainly doesn’t explain why it’s all over YouTube and my news feeds.

Just curious, is there anything about Hades (performance, controls, UI) that makes it significantly better on pc? I plan to get it eventually but may end up doing the portable version.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard the Switch version of Hades has some noticeable slowdown, but people still like it on the platform since they feel having it on a mobile device is good for that type of game. 

I also didn't understand why the sudden surge of Hades hype happened. Like the game's been out for almost 2 years and I heard barely anybody talk about it that whole time and all of a sudden, it hits 1.0 and comes out on switch and everybody is saying it's game of the year.

I do know that some of the people in the game industry I follow try to avoid playing things in early access because they worry they'll never get back around to playing the released version if they play it first unfinished. I remember when the Epic store first launched and Hades was announced as both an Epic timed exclusive and as Supergiant's first early access game and thought all 3 of those were huge news stories, but most other people didn't seem to care that much.

Reply: Hades

Not many cared about Hades b/c it was in Early Access and an Epic Exclusive for a bit. 

Also, it also out on Steam now - it's finally at the place where most people will buy and do buy PC games. That's when a lot of PC gamers are going to take interest in the game, when it's finally on Steam.

And finally with "version 1.0" is here and it being out of "Early Access" - yeah, people are gonna talk about it. A lot of people just won't touch stuff b/c it's in Early Access - as that warrants the game could be unfinished, buggy, not run well, and/or things of that sort...even if that isn't always the case.

With console versions out, especially for Switch, it's just gonna get more exposure. Especially since they basically now have a super-portable Hades version. 

SuperGiant just doesn't seem to make bad games, in the eyes of many. Bastion was awesome. And so was its soundtrack.

I need to get around to Transistor and Pyre.

With all the Hades as GOTY talk, I decided to make my own list. This would probably be my top 5 so far:

1.Ori and the Will of the Wisps

2.Monster Train

3.Last of Us 2

4.Carrion

5.Wasteland 3

I need to play more Wasteland since I bounced off of it. I don't know how I'd rank any of the roguelites I played this year. I enjoyed the following quite a bit, but they all had large enough negatives for me to not put in my top 5. They would probably still make up the bottom half of my top 10 this year though.

Neon Abyss

Hades

Spelunky 2

Undermine

Risk of Rain 2

and honorable mention to Rogue Legacy 2 which is very unfinished, but still quite fun.

I'm anticipating Cyberpunk and Miles Morales making their way into my top 10 and if Isaac Repentance comes out this year, that'll probably be my new number 1.

For stuff I've played this year and not entirely all stuff being released in 2020 - it's so far, looking like Wasteland 3 for me for my GOTY Played in 2020.

Of course, that all could change, probably depending on when I get Cyberpunk 2077, too...and if it lives up to the hype in my eyes (or not). 

I have a funny feeling...Cyberpunk 2077 is going to live up to the hype.

After coupon on Epic Store...

RDR2 is $30.19.

Control: Ultimate is $17.99.

Shenmue 3 - Standard is $7; Digital Deluxe (with also all DLC's) is $12.09.

World War Z: GOTY = $8.

Awesome Hearthstone announcements today. The next expansion is basically a follow-up to my favorite expansion, Old Gods. They're adding achievements and battle pass type progression. Best of all, they made a new mode that's basically a multiplayer version of the single-player HS mode that are basically my favorite games of all time, Dalaran Heist/ToT. The new mode, Duels, is going live today for people who preorder packs.

https://outof.cards/hearthstone/2057-the-hearthstone-fall-reveal-new-expansion-game-mode-systems-and-more-live-recap

UPLAY PC client is going to be re-branded into UbiSoft Connect for cross-platform play across all platforms with their games.

UbiSoft Info on this - https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US/faqs/000059254

Bluesnews - https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=215998
I haven't seen anything specifically about cross-platform play in the sense that, for example, Division 2 PC players can play with Division 2 PS4 players. I have read that there will be cross-progression where you can take your save game from one platform to another. Either way I do hope both are absolute. I've been playing Division 2 on PS4 and I also own it on PC and my God, my God, how beautiful this game runs on PC compared to PS4 - it's like night and day. I have a character on PS4 that I've built up since last year and would love to bring it over to PC instead of grinding all over again. So yes, yes - cross plat play progression please.

Awesome Hearthstone announcements today. The next expansion is basically a follow-up to my favorite expansion, Old Gods. They're adding achievements and battle pass type progression. Best of all, they made a new mode that's basically a multiplayer version of the single-player HS mode that are basically my favorite games of all time, Dalaran Heist/ToT. The new mode, Duels, is going live today for people who preorder packs.

https://outof.cards/hearthstone/2057-the-hearthstone-fall-reveal-new-expansion-game-mode-systems-and-more-live-recap
Will it be in 4K when Mooby watches others play on YooToob?

Will it be in 4K when Mooby watches others play on YooToob?
Won't be touching this whale-tastic crap. Had me at dungeon runs, lost me at having it against players and using your own collection. Not worth sinking money into Derpstone to be able to acquire enough packs to field a couple of fun decks.

Won't be touching this whale-tastic crap. Had me at dungeon runs, lost me at having it against players and using your own collection. Not worth sinking money into Derpstone to be able to acquire enough packs to field a couple of fun decks.
People are pretty pissed that you use your own collection and it dips into the non-standard expansions, but if you've been playing HS all along and don't dust every wild card, you should have decent enough cards to build from without spending any money. I appreciate that it gives value to cards I've gotten in the past.

I do agree that I would prefer if you didn't have to use your own collection for the base though.

I haven't seen anything specifically about cross-platform play in the sense that, for example, Division 2 PC players can play with Division 2 PS4 players. I have read that there will be cross-progression where you can take your save game from one platform to another. Either way I do hope both are absolute. I've been playing Division 2 on PS4 and I also own it on PC and my God, my God, how beautiful this game runs on PC compared to PS4 - it's like night and day. I have a character on PS4 that I've built up since last year and would love to bring it over to PC instead of grinding all over again. So yes, yes - cross plat play progression please.
The website mentions it.

The games mentioned

Odyssey

For Honor

Breakpoint

Hyper Scape

Steep

Siege

Div 2

No one really seems to know what it means though.

Hades is $9.99, Darksiders 3 $4.99, Dead Cells $4.99 after coupon. I was hoping for a sale on Tony Hawk, but nothing there.
After coupon on Epic Store...

RDR2 is $30.19.

Control: Ultimate is $17.99.

Shenmue 3 - Standard is $7; Digital Deluxe (with also all DLC's) is $12.09.

World War Z: GOTY = $8.
Also, the 'Rise and Fall' expansion for Civ VI is $14.99 (50% off) before coupon, $4.99 after. Civ VI itself was an Epic freebie, so many of you probably have it. There are other expansions but that's the only one at the sweet spot for the coupon. I have a couple other games on my wishlist on sale but they're a few dollars higher than $14.99...and I'm a CAG. ;)

GamesPlanet USA:

Bandai Namco Sale - click me.

Steam keys, unless further specified.

Ni No Kuni I: Wraith of the White Witch - Remastered = 74% off @ $12.99

ITAD - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/ninokuniwrathofwhitewitchremastered/info/

Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - Prince's Edition = 86% off @ $11.

-> Includes - Base-Game + The Two Expansions + Prince's Equipment.

ITAD - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/ninokuniiirevenantkingdomprincesedition/info/

Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (base game) = 85% off @ $8.99

ITAD - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/ninokuniiirevenantkingdom/info/

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition = 78% off @ $11.00

ITADhttps://isthereanydeal.com/game/talesofvesperiadefinitiveedition/info/

Tales of Berseria = 86% off @ $6.99

ITAD - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/talesofberseria/info/

Tales of Zesteria = 86% off @ $6.99

ITAD - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/talesofzestiria/info/

Tales of Symphonia = 75% off @ $4.99

ITADhttps://isthereanydeal.com/game/talesofsymphonia/info/

EDIT:

Didn't see this thread before posting...

But for a longer & complete list, go check another thread over here on this sale:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/372500-gamesplanet-bandai-namco-pccd-sale-hackgu-last-recode-7-more/

So, for all the JRPG fans - how do you guys like Ni No Kuni 1 and 2?

And how do you like the Tales Of [Something] series?

Side note: I have Besteria, Symphonia, and Zestiria backlogged.

I ended up going with Falcon Age for my Epic coupon.  Mostly because it was the most unique game I saw on sale that I would actually play.  So far, it's good, but a little klunky.  Controlling your falcon isn't as smooth or responsive as I would like, but it's a unique game mechanic.

Ni no Kuni 1 was incredible. One of my favorite JRPG of the PS3 era. Some people will be put off by the combat and there is a little level grinding involved in the mid to late stages. The characters, art direction, and story are all excellent.

NNK2 was a massive disappointment for me though. The combat is not tuned well. It's very much auto-play and you simply slaughter everything on the screen. JRPGs lose a lot of their satisfaction when the combat feels hollow and meaningless. Other than that, it was a well-crafted world, with nice design aesthetics, and the town building minigame was good. But I quit playing this one in the middle of it because it felt like all fetch and kill quests and artificial game length padding, when the leveling up and acquiring equipment was not satisfying at all.

Reply: Ni No 2

Are there difficulty levels or anything on NNK2? Are there ways to make it more difficult? Or have more control over your party?

Tales has always felt pretty generic to me, but I haven’t played a lot of examples in the IP.

ni no kuni 1 sucks in practically every aspect for me. The combat is too hands off and the ai is crappy, getting mons is too grindy and rng dependent, plot progression is again annoyingly grindy and the story is offensive the way it talks down to the audience as if we're 5. Drippy should have been punted into a volcano.

Haven't played the second one.

Tales of wise symphonia is dated but still a pretty strong game. The story is a little difficult to take seriously though due to the overzealous religion factor where everyone follows it unquestioningly as sheeple bible thumpers much like ffx. In that regard their stories are very similar on a number of plot details.

Berseria has great gameplay but the story is weak mostly due to being a distant prequel to zestiria that they forced. Which is more for compounding on zesty's main plot detail on why its world is a crapfest. And that's limited to the secret dungeon. Otherwise without the knowledge of certain characters appearing in both games like the cat and Zaveid (though zaveid is nothing like his zesty counter part) you'd otherwise never guess they were directly connected due to how far apart they are and what little is shared in common. As even basic terminology is not the same like spirits are called different things. One thing they screw the pooch on is dungeon locations being the same for both games in regards to the wind temple. As that wouldn't make sense given that berserias world is completely different geography wise since pangea like stuff happens inbetween it and zesty. Continents move around and almost all the other game locations are different between the two.

zestiria is pretty terrible. I don't recommend it. If you do decide to play it there are 3 important things to take note of. First is the story has a terrible translation so the plot is a mess. Everything bad that happened only happened a few years prior to the start of the game. Not hundreds of years like the story makes it seem. There's lots of inconsistencies like that such as the shepherds being an organization and not one person and there were hundreds of them at a time. The biggest thing is you will want to use mods to make the skill system less crappy. As your stats largely come from randomized skills on equipment matching up to fill the bingo skills board. Finally is collecting the story orb key items as you go. The game forces you to backtrack through the entire game collecting them during part 3. These are presented to the player as optional sidequests but they are actually mandatory. And easily missable due to the way your backtracking is cut off after every time you advance to a new areas basically. And warping to previous locations is also locked out at random. Forcing you to manually walk to them. But once you get there you can warp out of them at least. Also the water temple dungeon is horribly bad. Eyes that warp you back to the entrance and there's no discernable way to tell what their range is. And the final eye of the dungeon is one that you need to use to warp to the boss room but why would the player figure that out if every other eye warps you back to the entrance?

The gameplay is the biggest problem for me in zesty due the force party configuration and balance is entirely leaning towards using dbz fusion mode. Especially the water bow. Enemies are also horribly bloated stat wise so battles at the end of the game just drag on and on even on the lowest difficulties with enemies having hp in the 100k to millions range while you at best deal damage in the 1k-10k range. Setting up artes and spells to hit weaknesses is also a chore due to how many weaknesses there are to cycle through.

Do note that the pc version of zestiria is also really badly optimized and buggy. Though you can fix all those issues including the extremely poor frame rate with mods from what I understand. The game lags to complete shit when you have multiple enemies all on the screen during link encounters and such. It also lags really bad during the opening segment at the capital during the sword festival due to how many npcs they have at that time and stuff running in the background. I had the game lag so bad during a mass encounter with evil pixies in particular since there were 8 of them plus my allies all casting magic at the same time. It lagged so hard that the audio was a full 30 seconds or more ahead of what was going on on the screen.

Personally Ni No Kuni 1 and 2 might be my favorite RPGs in the past decade. If not favorite at least top 10 easy. Ni No Kuni 1 is better, however I still really loved 2 as well although many people didn't love 2 as much as I did.

Tales is good to ok depending on the game. People say Vesperia is one of the best in the series (backlogged for me). However if you have 3 Tales of games, backlogged might as well wait on picking up more games unless you plan on playing them sometime soon. They go on sale not frequent but often enough with the Namco sales where you can wait.

NNK2 is an okay 7/10 game. Not nearly as good of the first. The dlc (included in Prince's ed.) adds more difficulty and interesting gameplay options, especially if you enjoying diving as deeply as you can through random dungeon floors.

NNK1 is one of the best traditional jrpg's made during the previous generation. It's a must-play for everyone who doesn't hate turn-based rpg's. I'd put it right up there at the top of the list with...

And how do you like the Tales Of [Something] series? Side note: I have Besteria, Symphonia, and Zestiria backlogged.
...Tales of Vesperia. I'd call it the best Tales game and one of my 5-10 favorite games, period.

A lot of people prefer Symphonia, but that's usually with added nostalgia from playing the gamecube release. Since you own it, this would be a fine place to start. Among tales games, I would rank Symphonia around the middle and Zesteria below average. I'd say Zesteria is still worthwhile but mostly because it's connected plotwise (prequel) to Tales of Berseria, which is better and the most recent game in the series.

bread's done
Back