Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Two more people on my friends list got hacked.

For fuck's sake, people, don't click on any link from someone who asks you to "vote for a team"

Two more people on my friends list got hacked.
photo-thumb-53414.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like this is the exact sloppy kinda garbage the "crunch" is intended to stop.  But since the "crunch" is some crazy almost inhuman living conditions... well... having been in the military they volunteered knowing what was going to happen to them.

I feel like this is the exact sloppy kinda garbage the "crunch" is intended to stop. But since the "crunch" is some crazy almost inhuman living conditions... well... having been in the military they volunteered knowing what was going to happen to them.
Military is a bit worse... You cannot decide to go get a new job if you get tired of it.

Just a quick thanks to everyone who chimed in last week with advice re: my CPU upgrade. Ended up sticking with the 10400 over the 3100 since, knowing myself as well as I do, I probably wouldn't have wanted to do another CPU upgrade in a year or two. Put it all together this afternoon and I'm pleased thus far. I'm shocked to find out that a modern 6-core feels snappier than a 10-year-old quad core. Who could've guessed?

What's this nonsense now?
I mentioned this "nonsense" a few days ago. People are getting hacked through a phishing scam where a friend asks you to vote for their team. It takes you to a legit looking site with a fake Steam OpenID page, you log in thinking it's real, bam. They got you.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/341407-steam-deals-mega-thread-all-pc-gaming-deals/?p=14356229

This is one guy doing this stuff, because some folks have tried talking to him and as soon as he realizes you're on to him, he unfriends you. It's almost the same script, too.

Hey boys, been a while. 

Just wanted to let you guys know my boy MIND_LINK has had his steam account hacked. He sent me some phishing link which I clicked like an idiot. If you got any messages from me or him about CS GO teams or whatever do not click it. 

If anyone uses a Chase credit card, one of the current 'Chase Offers' that might show up on your card is 20% off a purchase from Gamestop (up to $19 total).  Gamestop sells Steam Gift Cards in the $50 and $20 variety online (limit one of each) but the $100 ones are only available in store.  Might make good on this but then I have to ask whether effectively spending $56 on $70 on Steam is useful, i.e., will I ever actually spend $70 on Steam given their mediocre sales.

If anyone uses a Chase credit card, one of the current 'Chase Offers' that might show up on your card is 20% off a purchase from Gamestop (up to $19 total). Gamestop sells Steam Gift Cards in the $50 and $20 variety online (limit one of each) but the $100 ones are only available in store. Might make good on this but then I have to ask whether effectively spending $56 on $70 on Steam is useful, i.e., will I ever actually spend $70 on Steam given their mediocre sales.
20% off a Cyberpunk Preorder! GO GO GO !

I mentioned this "nonsense" a few days ago. People are getting hacked through a phishing scam where a friend asks you to vote for their team. It takes you to a legit looking site with a fake Steam OpenID page, you log in thinking it's real, bam. They got you.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/341407-steam-deals-mega-thread-all-pc-gaming-deals/?p=14356229

This is one guy doing this stuff, because some folks have tried talking to him and as soon as he realizes you're on to him, he unfriends you. It's almost the same script, too.
Thanks for the heads up on this, just got one of these messages from DrSasquatch! :shock:

Sent him a PM on CAG that he should change his Steam info, but it looks like he hasn't logged in for 6 months or so.

This CSGOvid virus sounds like fake news - I haven't gotten any messages with phishing links from anyone on my friends list.

(But seriously, people need to be careful about clicking links sent to them, especially if they weren't expecting such a message.)

I've gotten two now. I'm surprised this sort of scam actually works.

I hope those of you that had your account compromised have regained access to your backlog.

All this CS:GO voting hacking stuff is crazy. 

Anyway, GOG is doing some holiday roulette thing where you win a random game in their catalog, and rumor has it Cyberpunk 2077 is a possibility!  I tried and got some random adventure game I never heard of but you may have better luck. It does make you confirm your Steam account for GOG Connect purposes so don't worry about that.  Good luck:

www.gog.com/holidayroulette

4K gaming on an HDR monitor is rough af on my eyes. Feel old saying that, but even just 600 nits at 2 feet from my face is like glancing into the sun. Glad I didn't get something even brighter.

Anyway, GOG is doing some holiday roulette thing where you win a random game in their catalog, and rumor has it Cyberpunk 2077 is a possibility! I tried and got some random adventure game I never heard of but you may have better luck. It does make you confirm your Steam account for GOG Connect purposes so don't worry about that. Good luck:

ewwww

Anyway, GOG is doing some holiday roulette thing where you win a random game in their catalog, and rumor has it Cyberpunk 2077 is a possibility! I tried and got some random adventure game I never heard of but you may have better luck. It does make you confirm your Steam account for GOG Connect purposes so don't worry about that. Good luck:

Erm... :???:

[attachment=35049:srslyGOG.JPG]

This is exactly how I won the election and then it was STOLEN BY BIDENCAT! MILLIONS OF VOTES WERE SWITCHED BY HACKED STEAM ACCOUNTS!!! RogerStoneCat told me a ship from North Korea sailed to Maine, going much, much further than if they sailed to the West Coast, that just shows you how determined they were to steal this election folks ... and brought millions of fake click bait links into the country!!! THE STEAL IS REAL!!!

You would think steam would just outright ban links in chat. Yes I know you can just copy and paste some text, but that would create an extra step, and hopefully some time for the moran to think, "yo, am I being scammed?"

You would think steam would just outright ban links in chat. Yes I know you can just copy and paste some text, but that would create an extra step, and hopefully some time for the moran to think, "yo, am I being scammed?"
Even better, turn it into a hyperlink that opens up a Steam website with some warning message "you are navigating to a potentially unsafe link" blah blah just like even CAG does with links.

Well, it ain't gonna be NEW people; web forums are a dying media.
That's really sad. If it wasn't for web forums I'd have no one to talk to. I tried the whole social media thing and no one would talk to me on there. If I tried to initiate a conversation with anyone I would end up removed or ignored. My crush once cruelly asked me out as a joke on there, took screencaps of the DM's and made fun of me. The final straw was when no one wished me a happy birthday, not a single person. Not even any family members. Ever since then I've just stuck to web forums.

That's really sad. If it wasn't for web forums I'd have no one to talk to. I tried the whole social media thing and no one would talk to me on there. If I tried to initiate a conversation with anyone I would end up removed or ignored. My crush once cruelly asked me out as a joke on there, took screencaps of the DM's and made fun of me. The final straw was when no one wished me a happy birthday, not a single person. Not even any family members. Ever since then I've just stuck to web forums.
One of the sadder "name checks out" that I've seen.

bread's done
Back