Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Legit looking leak for the Epic freebies. Sadly I own most of these. I might have to play through Solitairica again though since it's one of my all time favorite phone games:
Looks legit. The list is much more believable list than that other laughable one I saw get picked up by a ton of gaming "news" websites.

I expected this year's giveaways to not be nearly as exciting as last year, but still decent. This list is exactly in-line with my expectations. Lots of games that have already been bundled, mostly bargain-bin, but only three repeats is not bad.

Last year people used a data miner to pull the giveaway hint images from the Epic Game Store API . Oddworld was easy to guess from the buzzsaw wrapping paper, and the next hint in the Epic launcher is definitely for The Long Dark (the hint wrapping paper design features an axe).

I would guess someone has been able to pull all the wrapping paper hints from the API ahead of time and made this list from guessing using the hints. Actually, last year the table of hint pictures also included publisher information, so it was pretty trivial to guess all the games by combining publisher + hint and making an informed guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Ubi sale where you buy one of the newest games plus another game and get another 21% off your cart makes Legion and maybe Valhalla sorta tempting although I really should play the games I have backlogged instead of jumping straight to the new ones.  I'll recommend Fenyx Rising again though.  Over 60 hours in and not done (I am doing all of the side stuff though) and still enjoying it.  I like it better than Breath of the Wild at any rate, the game people keep saying it is a copy of.

I think I'll use my $10 coupon from trying that Hyperscape game on the remake or rerelease or whatever it is of Scott Pilgrim, it should come out on Connect before the coupon expires.  I never did get around to picking up when it was available before.

So far the only game Epic has ever given away that would have tempted me was that Total War game and I forgot all about it until like a week after it was over.

Weaker set of games for Epic giveaways if those are legit.

On another note StoryBundle is running a Greatest Hits massive game book bundle for getting everything for $40. This is mainly for people who haven't been buying their bundles but there is a ridiculous amount of good books in this one.

Weaker set of games for Epic giveaways if those are legit.

On another note StoryBundle is running a Greatest Hits massive game book bundle for getting everything for $40. This is mainly for people who haven't been buying their bundles but there is a ridiculous amount of good books in this one.
The slider seems to indicate it's only $30 for all the bonus content?

Time for a massive undertaking.

Super-Flower-850-W-PSU.jpg

It needed to be done; can't have this 'tier D' liability of an 'iGPU-only' PSU trying to power these components for any longer.  It could fry your parts at any time.

I dislike doing cable management so much.  But it's worth.  My case is great but the PSU shroud (more like a container) does nothing but hinder your ability to run cables.   Now my main PC core is super serial strong.  (Except....I don't have the GPU, lol.   Kinda the most important part. )

I bought this awesome gold-rated EVGA PSU on Ebay for only $49 new two years ago, brand new from the EVGA storefront.  Thought that I had scored one hell of a deal. 

Who knew that there were gold rated power supplies from reputable manufacturers that graded out so poorly?  Well, as it turns out, you get what you pay for.   Guess that it'll be some other poor sap's problem on Craigslist for 40 bucks now. 

I bought one of those Super Flower PSUs and it's still in the box because I'm far too lazy to actually install it.  I figure I'll do it after Christmas when my kid gets his components and I'm doing build stuff.  I'm thinking about getting a new case with better air flow anyway.

I bought one of these for a cheap build and it weighs less than a can of soda in my estimation.  I have an EVGA 500W PSU as well and it's easily twice as heavy.  Sort of hysterically frightening.

GMG has 3D Mark for $3.85 right now which is a good get if you're doing video card upgrades.  I already feel like I got my four bucks out of it (and being able to skip the "this was fun to watch...once" demos is worth it all by itself)

I bought one of those Super Flower PSUs and it's still in the box because I'm far too lazy to actually install it.
Tell me about it. I'm staring at this thing wondering if I have the courage, ambition, and coffee to get it done today.

case-backside.jpg

The back (motherboard) side of my case. It's like, "good luck!". It was pretty nuts just trying to re-install the Corsair Commander Pro and the Lighting Node Pro. That, the PSU cords, and the molex + SATA connectors running down from the SATA SSDs all have to be flush with the wall for the tempered glass door to shut. So everything has to stay perfectly flat.

I dislike doing cable management so much. But it's worth. My case is great but the PSU shroud (more like a container) does nothing but hinder your ability to run cables. Now my main PC core is super serial strong. (Except....I don't have the GPU, lol. Kinda the most important part. )
The best thing about fully modular PSUs is that you can disconnect everything at the PSU without disrupting your cable management if you want to remove the PSU to clean out dust or even oil the fan bearing. One of the more common causes of PSU failure is fan failure, so if the type of bearing allows for lubrication just a drop of machine oil every 6-12 months (depending on use) is a great form of preventive maintenance to extend the PSU's life.

I have a semi-modular PSU so removing it still requires me to disconnect the GPU and CPU power cables from the board/components, along with the 24-pin ATX cable. Removing that thing is my least favorite task in a PC case since it feels like I'm going to break something. It usually takes quite a while of repeated attempts to attain the right angle/grip to gently loosen the connection.

Anyway, enjoy the new PSU.

I think that and Shadow of the Damned will be up to their published (WB and EA) unless Suda pulls a Platinum and buy their rights or something
The rights to such epic titles would surely be too much for him to handle by himself. Someone should create a gofundme for the 10 whole US dollars he'd need to accomplish that.

so i finished the cyberjunk 2077 yesterday. is it a buggy mess? sure. is it the greatest game ever? nope. did i get caught up in the hype like all the other morans? yup. is it still a fun and enjoyable game? definitely. is it worth sixty bucks. probably not. if you haven't bought yet, i can recommend getting at like half off when most of the bugs are fixed.

so i finished the cyberjunk 2077 yesterday. is it a buggy mess? sure. is it the greatest game ever? nope. did i get caught up in the hype like all the other morans? yup. is it still a fun and enjoyable game? definitely. is it worth sixty bucks. probably not. if you haven't bought yet, i can recommend getting at like half off when most of the bugs are fixed.
Glad to hear you're not screeching for your money back after being a moran and succumbing to hype and Keanu Reeves' face.

So, here's the big question here: how do you like these compared to the Deus Ex games?

B/c if it's really up the Deus Ex alley (excluding Invisible War and The Fall), I'll probably really like it or even love it.

Cyberpunk 2077 PC modding with DLSS:

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/76853/heres-the-fix-to-blurry-cyberpunk-2077-with-nvidia-dlss-enabled/index.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/kf52ag/gn_cyberpunk_2077_dlss_quality_comparison_vs/gg6m9km/

Basically, to get better image quality with DLSS...

...Use NVidia Inspector and crank DLSS LOD texture bias value to a -3.

EDIT:

Save-file corruptions are happening w/ CP 2077 PC, if it goes over 8MB in the saved-game file.

https://www.vg247.com/2020/12/20/cyberpunk-2077-corrupting-save-games-8mb/

Loads get slower once it hits 6MB, but it just won't load the save over 8MB.

It's believed: crafting stuff can be the culprit of file-sizes increasing.

It's believed: crafting stuff can be the culprit of file-sizes increasing.
It's not really "crafting", it's people either trying to collect every item in the game and/or people utilizing loopholes where you can buy things, break them down, re-craft them and sell them back for profit and then do this a bajillion times. The save corruption shouldn't be happening regardless and this isn't a defense for that but you have to work to make it happen and it shouldn't scare people off from making a new cybermod, coat or shotgun now and then.

I tried the DLSS thing last night and... I think it works? I'm not going to mess around trying to take before and after screenshots and compare them. It doesn't hurt performance from what I could tell and it certainly doesn't look worse than before so hey, why not.

Can’t wait to have this exact conversation in a year or two with Starfield ... super psyched for a new Bethesda title. I can only replay Skyrim and Fallout games so many times before they feel a bit “been there and done that.” 76 is a good game now but the end game loop is weak. So bring on the Bethesda bugs in 2021 and 2022 ... wonder if Cyberpunk will scratch my Bethesda itch for the remainder of this year.

... wonder if Cyberpunk will scratch my Bethesda itch for the remainder of this year.
It really should. CP feels like a mix of a Bethesda and a Bioware game. It takes the game world design of Fallout 3 or 4 and matches it with some of the stealth action gameplay elements of Metal Gear Solid V, the driving from Grand Theft Auto V, and the main scenario cinematic experience from Mass Effect. The gunplay is good. But that doesn't matter much when you can completely demolish enemies with melee / sword spam. And holy cow, Mantis Blades...

I think that I'd recommend for brand new players to start a game on Hard instead of Normal.

So, here's the big question here: how do you like these compared to the Deus Ex games?
i've only played human revolution, and while deus ex was a tighter experience gameplay wise, it didn't have the depth and variety of the open world in cyberpunk. also i really dig the aesthetic of cyberpunk, bugs and all.

It really should. CP feels like a mix of a Bethesda and a Bioware game. It takes the game world design of Fallout 3 or 4 and matches it with some of the stealth action gameplay elements of Metal Gear Solid V, the driving from Grand Theft Auto V, and the main scenario cinematic experience from Mass Effect. The gunplay is good. But that doesn't matter much when you can completely demolish enemies with melee / sword spam. And holy cow, Mantis Blades...

I think that I'd recommend for brand new players to start a game on Hard instead of Normal.
Is the AI "smarter" on Hard?

Or do you just do...less damage?

Or enemies have more hit points, levels, and/or bigger health bars?

Its funy how every1 is talking s*** (sorry 4 the bad language but its true) about cyberpunk becus they buyed into the hype. Dont they know that u never preorder game until review and player review come in. I remember i spended $50 + tax on enter the matrix back then and never made that mistake again it was hype and i remember the egm cover and everything saying it was the best game ever then it came out a month or 2 later and it got all bad review in the same exact magazine. I trade it in a few week later and i only got like $10 at eb game becus they said every1 else trade it in. Also i will not give my opinion about cyberpunk until i play it. My dad is lawyer and he said there might be class action lawsuit but not his law firm its a "running joke" this week becus every1 is complain about it.
giphy.gif

Its funy how every1 is talking s*** (sorry 4 the bad language but its true) about cyberpunk becus they buyed into the hype. Dont they know that u never preorder game until review and player review come in. I remember i spended $50 + tax on enter the matrix back then and never made that mistake again it was hype and i remember the egm cover and everything saying it was the best game ever then it came out a month or 2 later and it got all bad review in the same exact magazine. I trade it in a few week later and i only got like $10 at eb game becus they said every1 else trade it in. Also i will not give my opinion about cyberpunk until i play it. My dad is lawyer and he said there might be class action lawsuit but not his law firm its a "running joke" this week becus every1 is complain about it.
4r55u5.jpg

Epic Game Store:

Free Games Page:

Today's Free Game:

• Defense Grid: The Awakening
(Keeping this separate from the "paterney attorney" business)

I noticed the DLC for DG:TA is on sale...I never bought the 'You Monster' DLC on Xbox 360 because there were reports that it was broken/never fixed. Was that problem present in the PC version as well? I think the game overall would be better to play on PC anyway so it might be worth getting the DLC if it doesn't have the problems that the 360 version did.

New daily set for Microsoft Rewards.

"Hot Take" poll question:

[attachment=35111:daily set poll 122120.jpg]

[attachment=35112:jlaw ohhellno.gif]

On topic Steam/PC stuff:

The default gaming portal on my HP Omen Obelisk isn't all that bad. I was entering sweepstakes (usually one per day) through the 'Rewards' tab in the portal and I won DRAGON QUEST® XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age™ - Definitive Edition (ROW Edition), for Steam (via GreenManGaming). :whee: 

https://www.omen.com/us/en/omen-gaming-hub.html

[attachment=35113:Omen Gaming Hub sweepstakes.JPG]
Probably going to download it, but it's 40GB and the system's SSD is 512GB (minus OS so more like 430GB). So while there's a capability of starting games from different launchers though the Omen portal (which also generates sweepstake entries), I don't think I'll ever have more than 3 or 4 major games ready to go at a moment's notice. Definitely going to be a different approach/gaming habit than with the consoles (where i have a 4TB external drive on both the Xbox One S and PS4 slim).

#PCworldproblems  :-({|=

(Keeping this separate from the "paterney attorney" business)

I noticed the DLC for DG:TA is on sale...I never bought the 'You Monster' DLC on Xbox 360 because there were reports that it was broken/never fixed. Was that problem present in the PC version as well? I think the game overall would be better to play on PC anyway so it might be worth getting the DLC if it doesn't have the problems that the 360 version did.
I played through defense grid and all its dlc earlier this year and didnt run into any problems, just some really enjoyable tower defense. I liked how it showed the high scores from people on your friends list for each mission too, added some replayability so I could claim that top spot.

New daily set for Microsoft Rewards.

"Hot Take" poll question:

On topic Steam/PC stuff:

The default gaming portal on my HP Omen Obelisk isn't all that bad. I was entering sweepstakes (usually one per day) through the 'Rewards' tab in the portal and I won DRAGON QUEST® XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age™ - Definitive Edition (ROW Edition), for Steam (via GreenManGaming). :whee:

Probably going to download it, but it's 40GB and the system's SSD is 512GB (minus OS so more like 430GB). So while there's a capability of starting games from different launchers though the Omen portal (which also generates sweepstake entries), I don't think I'll ever have more than 3 or 4 major games ready to go at a moment's notice. Definitely going to be a different approach/gaming habit than with the consoles (where i have a 4TB external drive on both the Xbox One S and PS4 slim).

#PCworldproblems :-({|=
Congrats!

That's a tower, so you could just get another SSD. The case may have a back mount for SSD's, so you could most likely add it to your PSU connection to your first SSD, then use some SATA cables to connect it to the mobo, without much trouble. I just recently took apart an old Omen laptop I had, added its two drives, then added a third drive I had from an older computer. My PC now has 10.5TB of storage.

Can also do the same thing as with your PS4 and Xbox. Just get a 4TB external HDD and leave it plugged in. Steam and all of the other clients let you create directories on different drives to store games on. I'd go with the SSD option for much better performance, but this gives more space and is better for budgets.

Been awhile since we talked TV but with a few extra days coming up figured it might be worth it.

Anyhow I just finished the second season of Manhunt. It follows the case of the bombing at Atlanta Olympic Summer Games in 1996. It was really well done and I highly recommend it... Though I would be lying if I said it was as good as season 1. (Which covered Ted Kaczynski, the Unabomber.)

In gaming I finished the second Borderlands 3 DLC (Love, Guns and Tentacles) It was pretty good I think I might have liked it more than the first. (Mad Moxxi’s Heist of the Handsome Jackpot)

I'll be on a break from BL3 as the last apparel event in Div 2 starts tomorrow morning after maintenance.

I'll be on a break from BL3 as the last apparel event in Div 2 starts tomorrow morning after maintenance.
Man, I just hit a wall with Division 2. Between the lazy disappointment of Summit and them scrapping the Kenly College event, it seems obvious that they have no new content left for the game. Makes it real hard to get enthusiastic about this season (and I assume this will be the last actual season).

Man, I just hit a wall with Division 2. Between the lazy disappointment of Summit and them scrapping the Kenly College event, it seems obvious that they have no new content left for the game. Makes it real hard to get enthusiastic about this season (and I assume this will be the last actual season).
I'm in the same boat but I pad those $20 for the 3000 Premium Credits so I'm going to get my money's worth out of the pass and apparel events before laying the game to rest. I have been running hybrid skill builds with the new gear sets and I do like the new exotic though at this point tweaking with builds is all you've really got left.

I'm the same way... the recalibration station just kills my desire to grind. I'll bevaroubd for the appearl event and I'll come back before the season ends but I'm just about done I imagine... or I need a hell of a long vacation.

I grow tired of super gluing the right shift key back onto my thrift store find budget mechanical ("feel") keyboard. 

Good timing I suppose, open of suggestions on better glue or a new keyboard, what should I ask Santa to bring?

It's my work from home setup so something 10key and nice for typing. Anything nice on sale right now?

I'm using LOCTITE Gel Control super glue, btw...last repair lasted a couple months. MFer always craps out on my mid work day and I can't get used to using the left shift key for everything while it dries...

I can't talk shit about Cyberpunk 2077 because I haven't touched it since finishing the tutorial. Why is that, you ask? Because I have roads to build in Death Stranding, that's why! And bridges in the middle of nowhere. And ceramic to collect. Seriously just spent 5 hours collecting ceramics. **** me. I thought I'd make progress on my backlog this holiday season but instead I'm just delivering packages for Conan O'brien's ass.

bread's done
Back