Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I always hated Terrence Howard. I don't even understand how he tried to prove that. He said "1 x 1 = 1" then added one to both sides, yet still said that his 1 x 1 on the left side equaled 2?

tenor.gif

Bet that idiot thinks 2 x 1 = 3, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The man obviously never did algebra in school! Algebra proves his 1 x 1 = 2 theory is the stupidest theory THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN!!

a x a = a squared

NOT a !!!

AND DEFINITELY NOT 2a !!!!

JaredKushnerCat explained this to me the other day so I pardoned his father and a few other TOTALLY RANDOM PEOPLE! TOTALLY RANDOM!!! NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIAN COLLUSION OR MY ALLEGED FAKE NEWS CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES!!!!!

The man obviously never did algebra in school! Algebra proves his 1 x 1 = 2 theory is the stupidest theory THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN!!

a x a = a squared
NOT a !!!
AND DEFINITELY NOT 2a !!!!
Wait, squares have four sides, so that means 1 x 1 = 4, right? And 2 x 2 = 4, and 3 x 3 = 4, etc.

*starts listing winter sale cards on market*

"is it worth my time to sell these cards at fuck ing two cents a pop?"

voice inside head, "no, it's not."

*shrugs, continues listing cards*

You can sell them in bulk if you don't want to go card by card. Just go to your badges page, click on the "The Steam Awards - 2020" badge page, and then click on "Sell these cards on the market".

I use Steam Economy Enhancer, which still works. It's the replacement Tampermonkey script based on the good parts of Steam Inventory Helper, before they added all of that spyware and keylogger garbage.

After you install it to Tamper/Greasemonkey, just refresh your inventory page and you'll see "Sell All Cards." Then it'll list all of the saleable cards at the regular market price (you can change that in the settings though).

Trying to clean out my wishlist some and I noticed that Attack on Titan 2 has literally never been on sale on Steam.  It came out in 2018 and has been 50% off on console but not PC.  The first one has not been on sale since 2019.  Might be time to delete those and forget about them entirely.  Even half off is more than I am interested in paying for either game.

On an unrelated note, I wish Black & White was available on GOG or SOMEWHERE.  I used to have it but I guess I trashed the discs at some point.  Doesn't M$ own that property these days?  Wish they would remaster it or just drop it as-is on Steam.

On an unrelated note, I wish Black & White was available on GOG or SOMEWHERE. I used to have it but I guess I trashed the discs at some point. Doesn't M$ own that property these days? Wish they would remaster it or just drop it as-is on Steam.
About Black & White - EA published, so they probably own the IP probably.

About Lionhead - Microsoft bought them out.

So, there's some of the problems all right there. GOG would need to work deals out with EA; and also work a deal out with Microsoft and Lionhead.

Also - B&W games are notorious out-the-box on modern PC's to get running. So, yeah; would love for GOG to work out all the legal BS that's probably involved w/ this all; and get these classics up on their site.

For all those w/ disc-copies of the games, check out the PC Gaming Wiki (PCGW) for Unofficial Patches and other things to get these bad-boys going:

B&W1 on PCGW - https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Black_%26_White

B&W2 on PCGW - https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Black_%26_White_2

Went to SteamDB and logged in. I checked my Steam wishlist and found three or four games that had hit an all-time low and bought those. In case there's anyone out there that hasn't used it, It's a good tool to use.

I've got a couple of pages of wishilsted games that have matched their all-time low that I will consider. Most of them are that same price each and every time they are discounted, but I might pick up a few of those that I may want to play soon-ish.

I know it's a tired sentiment, but man I miss the days when the first ten minutes of the Winter Sale would mean a dozen pages in this thread. Glitches made it exciting. Frequent price drops made it exciting. What it has turned into is the complete opposite of exciting. Sorry, but new backgrounds and avatar frames just don't get me going. 

I know it's a tired sentiment, but man I miss the days when the first ten minutes of the Winter Sale would mean a dozen pages in this thread. Glitches made it exciting. Frequent price drops made it exciting. What it has turned into is the complete opposite of exciting. Sorry, but new backgrounds and avatar frames just don't get me going.
i know what you mean, but we're the bootleggers and smugglers after Prohibition ended. we long for the days of russian prices because everyone has the same crappy deals. better for everyone overall, boring af for us.

Better for everyone overall, boring af for us.
I'd disagree that it's better for everyone overall. The only "positive" is that Steam does refunds. Sale prices across the board are worse than before though so the only people who it's better for are people who have a regular need to refund games.

That said, I'm sure Valve will say this was their best sale yet, yadda yadda so what do I know?

Digital gaming entered the mainstream with the last console generation. Sales have stabilized across all platforms, now that the dumbass consolebros are buying digital and trading in their physical games to Gamestop for two farthings per letter "E" in the title on every fourth Tuesday of the month when they show their Powar Playa wrist tattoos to the cashier. We're going to have to start buying Choose Your Own Adventure book bundles or gaming on our TI-83 calculators. Those are where the deals are now.

Quern hit a new low price.  I might pick that up.  You know what else hit a new low?  Grimoire.  The game that came out on sale with the promise/threat/whatever that it would be on sale at launch then go back to $39.99 and never be on sale again.  And which sells for $9.99 normally now.  And is currently on sale for $3.99.   Which is still too much.

Digital gaming entered the mainstream with the last console generation. Sales have stabilized across all platforms, now that the dumbass consolebros are buying digital and trading in their physical games to Gamestop for two farthings per letter "E" in the title on every fourth Tuesday of the month when they show their Powar Playa wrist tattoos to the cashier. We're going to have to start buying Choose Your Own Adventure book bundles or gaming on our TI-83 calculators. Those are where the deals are now.
Humble Bundle?

So, how is everybody's Steam X-Mas Sale 2020 Hauls going?

Yes, of course; you can include other places you buying stuff from - Epic; GOG; Amazon; NewEgg; Retail; whatever.

So, how is everybody's Steam X-Mas Sale 2020 Hauls going?
Friendship with Benefits was 15% off, so that was a snap pick, and then I bought all the 50-cent hentai games I didn't have yet.

I'm doing my absolute best to regain my virginity.

At this point, this is what I've picked up:

Ys Origins

Ys I & II Chronicles

Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

(all from Steam) 

Will still pick up some other items during the sale, but this was a good start to the holiday season. 

Merry Christmas!  No Steam Haul here yet, might buy some stuff towards the end.  Who knows.  Definitely using my Epic $10 coupon on something, not sure what yet.

I bought Fenyx from Ubi with my $10 coupon (from the Hyperscape thing)

Horizon Zero Dawn from CDKeys since the price was a little lower than Epic+Coupon and it was a Steam key

I bought Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom the other week.  Also 3DMark so toss those onto the list.

That's it so far.  Haven't seen anything on Epic to inspire my coupon use but maybe I'll say "fuck it" and get Breakpoint for $5.  Maybe trawl through my Steam wishlist and see if there's anything I want to blow my GabeN Funbux on.

Merry Christmas! No Steam Haul here yet, might buy some stuff towards the end. Who knows. Definitely using my Epic $10 coupon on something, not sure what yet.
Have you narrowed it down to a handful of games yet on Epic Store?

What about on Steam?

I've been staring down Disco Elysium on Epic.

Merry Christmas Everyone - same here on any hauls, nothing yet. I too been eyeing Disco Elysium as well as Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on Epic for $13 after coupon. I’m also thinking about Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate from GMG for $35.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eventually, one of these sales, those Grim Dawn expansions will be more than 30% off. And when they do, i'll snag them. But i'm not blinking until then.

For anyone who’s been procrastinating on Fanatical’s Build Your Own [Insert Genre Here] Bundles that have been going for the past several months, it looks like they’re finally ending in just under half a day.

For anyone who’s been procrastinating on Fanatical’s Build Your Own [Insert Genre Here] Bundles that have been going for the past several months, it looks like they’re finally ending in just under half a day.
Yep. Will finally have to pull the trigger. Was debating the Rogue-like bundle but forgot about it and it expired. RIP.

1 hour or so into this Horizon: Zero Dawn - Complete Edition for the PC (GOG version), since I won it in someone's X-Mas Giveaway on GOG today.

Not gonna' be too much here, being so early into this into this - but I'll give some quick impressions.

Anyways...running here on 10700 KF, 16 GB RAM, 8GB RTX 3070, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, W10 x64. 60fps @ 1080p all maxed-out at Ultra. Looks great here.

Feels like a mix of UbiSoft open-world type of stuff; Assassin's Creed type of stealth; using bow as a weapon for shooting stuff; and some hunting/crafting mechanics (think AC3); and campfires/bonfires all over the place (think Dark Souls and Tomb Raider reboot) which is used for saving & fast-traveling.

But, first hour or so, right out the gate - the storytelling; world-building; and character stuff seems really strong here.

More to come, when I give this one more time.

But, first hour or so, right out the gate - the storytelling; world-building; and character stuff seems really strong here.

More to come, when I give this one more time.
One of the few games on the PS4 that I took the time to play, beat, and then unlock everything. Once the story clicked, it clicked. Until then, it was a bit slow.

Actual deal that is somewhat interesting.  Turn-based strategy and I notice a lot of the positive reviews are from people with 100+ hours in it.   It does have mixed reviews and it is an early access game, but a lot of the negative reviews are due to a crashing bug which has since been fixed.  At any rate it is 90% off and well below the previous lowest price.

I've picked up a few things so far:

2 dlc for Vermintide 2 from cdkeys - great game I've been meaning to get back into and they're pretty cheap

Borderlands 3 Deluxe from indiegala - under $35 for the game plus 4 dlc along with some free survival game and a random steam key which ended up being some deviant animu visual novel which managed to sour the whole ordeal.  Haven't heard great things about the story but the gameplay and classes look fun, should be good times in co-op.

I'll probably get Labyrinthine before the sale ends due to peer pressure but it does look neat.  If anyone ends up picking up GTFO and is looking for a group let me know, the game is great but we lost our 4th player awhile back and haven't played since they added matchmaking.  Game is really fun with a coordinated team! 

Well it took me over two years but I finally finished Red Dead 2 today and got I hated it but I was so relieved to finally be done with it!

So you can imagine how I felt when I saw that there is an epilogue and that it's going to take me another two years to finish it. Not happy!

Finished Cyberpunk and I freaking loved it. Haters can keep hating, I was too busy enjoying the game.
I'm still playing but I really like it. I've got gripes like I do about all games but I enjoy the time I spend on it and will be disappointed when it's over (already feel bad when I mouse over map locations that are "Very Low Threat" now). If you played it on console, you have every right to bitch. If you were expecting "Witcher 3 With Guns & Computers" then I can see why you're disappointed. Having gone into it with virtually no preconception aside from "small-c cyberpunk tropes", I'm having a ball.

How much you got to get rid off? There's always a game I want on steam that would be on origin/uplay/etc on other store fronts.
I appreciate the offer. The reality is I won't have time to play anything I get at the moment anyway, so I'll just keep holding out for a better sale.

"better sale" :rofl:

bread's done
Back