Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
My Steam haul was an odd combination of stuff this time, mostly because so many of the "Hidden Gems" threads, Steam sale articles or various other forums seem to become entirely worthless if you have over a few dozen games or if you don't feel like paying $40-50 for a game. 
The Steam store search just flat out sucks, and using other tools like isthereanydeal to try to surface games you don't already know about is awful. 

Even so, I grabbed a few new games:

Donut County:  It's quite fun while it lasts, but you can do pretty much everything in the game in just about 2 hours.  
Xanadu Next:  Nihon Falcom action rpg that seems to have reviewed pretty well. 
Card Hog:  Card Based Roguelikes seem to be everywhere right now.  This is one of them, but doesn't have a grimdark fantasy nerd artstyle, so I'm interested in giving it a shot. 
Bendy and the Ink Machine and Boris and the Dark Survival Bundle:  Artstyle looks interesting enough and it's a pretty deep discount. (The game and all of it's dlc for cheaper than any of the individual dlcs had been.)

Last edited by a moderator:
My YUGE haul, which many are saying is the best haul they've ever seen ... believe me, 

Free EPIC (tremendous people!) games

Fall Guys x 2 (for me and Melania) $15.99 each

One way flights to Scotland for 1/19 FREE (for me, not for all you people)

Crash Drive 2                                  $0.49

Reignfall                                          $0.49

People Playground                         $0.99

11,780 votes in Georgia                  Already had them because we won easily, they found them down the back of a couch at the State Farm Arena. The Secretary of State for Georgia has agreed he miscalculated the vote tally so I WON DESPITE HUGE ELECTION FRAUD!

Between the two of us and some fairly permissive "gift justification", we actually came away with a sale haul this time around. My partner was feeling like it was a spending kind of Christmas, and picked out most of it, to push me to playing some things without worrying about the cost. We've put some time in on most of these, so feeling pretty good about our festivities.

Their "gifts" (plus their choice of convection countertop oven, which actually is a toy they're excited to play with):

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War (everything)

Code Vein (no dlc)

World of Horror

Helldivers (everything)

My "gifts":

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Cavity Busters
Gone Viral

Scourgebringer

Rising Hell

Gravity Ace

Hades

Touhou Endless Dream

Skul: The Hero Slayer

Geometry Arena - we refunded this one and got Touhou Luna Nights instead

(hey, it's not even half that oven -- partner was teasing me while shopping because they were having trouble hitting their target with "your cheap games")

Also added:
Killsquad - would have bought two of these, but it performs weirdly, so we'll sit on it and see if it gets better later
Phantom Breakers

Rampage Knights

Three Kingdoms: The Last Warlord (x2) - thanks for the tip
Creeper World 3

Akane
Kopanito All-Stars Soccer

Anyone know why a game would skip every three seconds? Killsquad runs smoothly other than a quick freeze-jump every three seconds, which doesn't seem to be affected by graphics quality settings, fullscreen, which screen it's running on,

or even switching to my partner's system (pretty much the same hardware, though). Not something we see in other games, either.
Did you try this:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/910490/discussions/0/1640917196998289836/

If you're not adverse to a dose of sketch, Eneba has Horizon Zero Dawn for $24 (Steam key) and Cyberpunk 2077 (GOG) for around $40 with code Cyberpunk2040.

I used Eneba once and it worked fine but it seems to be a G2A style marketplace so, I dunno, carry a knife and wear a condom, I guess.

I wonder where all these steam keys of H:ZD are coming from. Other regions?
Probably. I bought mine off CDKeys for a couple bucks more (I was robbed!) so you're right about a good number being out there. It was a normal digital code as well, not some grainy retail box scan. That usually suggests regional pricing discrepancies.

Makes sense.  I want to buy it, but there's no point until I've also bought the card I'd like.  I'd also like to directly support the pc release, so hopefully it continues to drop along with Death Stranding on gmg/steam.

If you're not adverse to a dose of sketch, Eneba has Horizon Zero Dawn for $24 (Steam key) and Cyberpunk 2077 (GOG) for around $40 with code Cyberpunk2040.
About Cyberpunk 2077 from GOG, I've seen some real sketch with that, back when it first came out - where people were using VPN's; hopping on Ukraine VPN server; and getting the game for around $26 via those regional prices.

I passed on that, as...well, that could possibly risk losing a GOG Account. I got too many games "owned" there, too...to risk breaking ToS over there.

Yeah, directly using a VPN like that seems to be asking for trouble.  It was one thing (back in the day) to get Russian pricing from Gamersgate because you were just going to Steam with a key that would or wouldn't work.  But Steam wasn't going to punish you for having a bad key, they'd just reject it.  But going to the store directly with a VPN and using your client account for shenanigans seems to be playing with fire.

I guess I did it back when you could get Mexican pricing for DA: Inquisition from Origin but that was also the only game I cared about on that Origin account.

Steam account would be worse for me to lose (than any other gaming account). I must have over 2,000 games and who knows how many DLC's over there. I'd have to actually look.

It's also not like I don't have games backlogged either; I've got tons. I can, for now, just pull from the stack.

And it's not like I really stop buying stuff that's on sale either.

And, I can really wait for Cyberpunk to be in a much better state w/ bugs and stability and all given its current prices, anyways...before actually buying that. Seems to usually take CDP around 6-12 months to get a game's performance & bugs under control; i.e. see how W1, W2, and W3 launched for PC - all games, which I did have Day 1.

I haven't had any stability issues with CP2077 and the relatively few bugs I've come across have been minor and usually fixed by reloading.  I think the number of bugs is amplified by the number of initial players at launch and everyone rushing to put stuff on social media.  Out of 140+ hours, what I can remember was...

-- An amusing bug where trying to climb into a specific broken window without clearing all the glass causes you to launch backwards a mile.  I saw this also on Twitter, same window, so I assume it's just this location.  Good for a laugh as you trot back to the mission.

-- I've T-posed once or twice on a motorcycle but only for a second or two.

-- Got locked into a turret's target system once after hacking it.  Fixed on reload.

-- Had a HUD element stick once or twice (item description).  Fixed on reload.

-- Character model glitch when putting on a mission-specific item (losing hair, normally).  Restored when I put my usual items back on and only affects the model in the inventory UI since the game is first person anyway.

-- A mission objective not flagging as done because I technically completed it before the objective came up.  I just moved ahead with the next objective (it shows both the current and next at the same time) and when the mission was over, it went away.

-- A stack of inventory items wouldn't go away when deconstructed.  This was actually an exploitable glitch since I could try to dismantle them, get the crafting xp but they'd stay in inventory.  No resources gained but the crafting xp was counted.  If I could reproduce it, I could get tens of hits on my Youtube channel.  Fixed by selling the stack to a merchant.

If there's anything else I'm forgetting, it wasn't memorable enough to have disrupted me.  All told, probably less than ten minutes total out of 140 hours was spent adjusting my game play due to bugs.  I'll admit that I'm a sample size of one and if someone says they had a game-breaking issue, I wouldn't debate them on it but personal experience suggests that reports of the game being disruptively buggy are a bit overblown.  There are aspects that need some attention and were obviously half-baked (ask me about crafting!) but I doubt that there's going to be patches making significant overhauls to those mechanics.

The-things-I-do-for-deals-2.gif

The Quartering has a big thing on Cyberpunk 2077 on employees leaking all kinds of info at about 5m15s.

Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeoRDZrnSlY

The info is about the police system being broken; Keanu Reeves; original plans for Silverhand's character; other actors that could've played Silverhand; cut-content including a whole underground/sewers area; patch plans; DLC plans; the dev's game-size for the game is around 160GB; and more.

Take it with a grant a salt, as...this isn't entirely verified. But, it's really interesting, especially if any or all of this could be true.

I haven't had any stability issues with CP2077 and the relatively few bugs I've come across have been minor and usually fixed by reloading. I think the number of bugs is amplified by the number of initial players at launch and everyone rushing to put stuff on social media. Out of 140+ hours, what I can remember was...

-- An amusing bug where trying to climb into a specific broken window without clearing all the glass causes you to launch backwards a mile. I saw this also on Twitter, same window, so I assume it's just this location. Good for a laugh as you trot back to the mission.

-- I've T-posed once or twice on a motorcycle but only for a second or two.

-- Got locked into a turret's target system once after hacking it. Fixed on reload.

-- Had a HUD element stick once or twice (item description). Fixed on reload.

-- Character model glitch when putting on a mission-specific item (losing hair, normally). Restored when I put my usual items back on and only affects the model in the inventory UI since the game is first person anyway.

-- A mission objective not flagging as done because I technically completed it before the objective came up. I just moved ahead with the next objective (it shows both the current and next at the same time) and when the mission was over, it went away.

-- A stack of inventory items wouldn't go away when deconstructed. This was actually an exploitable glitch since I could try to dismantle them, get the crafting xp but they'd stay in inventory. No resources gained but the crafting xp was counted. If I could reproduce it, I could get tens of hits on my Youtube channel. Fixed by selling the stack to a merchant.

If there's anything else I'm forgetting, it wasn't memorable enough to have disrupted me. All told, probably less than ten minutes total out of 140 hours was spent adjusting my game play due to bugs. I'll admit that I'm a sample size of one and if someone says they had a game-breaking issue, I wouldn't debate them on it but personal experience suggests that reports of the game being disruptively buggy are a bit overblown. There are aspects that need some attention and were obviously half-baked (ask me about crafting!) but I doubt that there's going to be patches making significant overhauls to those mechanics.
I beat Cyberpunk around Christmas after ~40 hours and encountered less bugs than you, but it was definitely one of the buggiest games I've ever played. None of them really bothered me, even crashing to desktop once or twice wasn't bad since the game autosaves often and the crash wasn't repeatable.

Finished AC Origins yesterday and feel like I need another big game to jump into. I could go straight to AC Odyssey which I put 20+ hours into back during the Stadia beta, but I feel like I might need a break from that type of game.

I was thinking from Gamepass maybe:

Crosscode which I just played the intro of when it first came to gamepass, but didn't get a chance to get into

Haven which I really loved the demo of. I kinda want to play this co-op with my wife, but not quite sure how co-op would be and she doesn't play many games so we haven't had a chance to try it yet

DQ 11 which I rented on PS4 at release and didn't like that much, but kinda want to give it another shot.

Wasteland 3 which I really liked, but bounced off after 10+ hours.

Seeing Cyberpunk/GTA 5 comparison videos made me want to try that game out again since I only put a little time into so that's another option.

I also kinda want to go back and do more stuff in Cyberpunk, but feel like I'd be better off waiting until they add more to the game.

I also picked up a bunch of console games during BF, but I primarily game on my pc, so I probably want to focus on something for the pc.

The Quartering has a big thing on Cyberpunk 2077 on employees leaking all kinds of info at about 5m15s.

Take it with a grant a salt, as...this isn't entirely verified. But, it's really interesting, especially if any or all of this could be true.
Doesn't pass my sniff test at all. Wouldn't place any credit in it. What self-respecting dev is getting into it on a cesspool like GameFaqs, of all places?

Now if TrumpCat were to post information in this venerable and trustworthy thread here claiming insider knowledge about Cyberpunk's dev status, then I'd believe it.

I bought (from Epic) & began Disco Elysium last night. I'm approximately a little over 2 hours into this.

This has some of the best writing, prose, and descriptions I've seen written in a game since any of these games - Shadowrun Returns; Shadowrun Dragonfall; Planescape: Torment (PS:T); and Torment: Tides of Numenera. If you're looking for a game that you can read, where it reads out like a good book, you'll love that aspect of the game. If those games were up your alley b/c of the writing, you'll love this.

The game is...bizarre. Your character that you play as, has the amnesia problem...similar to the Nameless One in PS:T. So, you don't remember who you are, what you're doing, what's your job, and other stuff of that sort. You wake up after a drunken stupor in a seedy hotel, where something really bad went down nearby. You're to investigate this incident, to find out what happened to this person was and "whodunnit"; and to also find our who you are and what has been going on with your character. 

Of course, this all is just a part of everything Disco has going on, TBH. You'll be running, walking, and stumbling into other areas, side-quests, items, Lore, and whatnot everywhere. The game's loaded already with NPC's to talk to and things to do. If that isn't enough, you also....have conversations with yourself. Since your character's an alcoholic and an addict, you are constantly dealing w/ thoughts & visions in your head - and these can happen even while talking to a NPC that's really there.

These parts of you, your skills and stats that you "talk to", also feel like NPC's to talk to, as things like "Logic" and other skills talk to you and you have conversations & dialogues with them. It feels...often very meta and very weird, but also down-right shocking and/or hilarious at times, too. These parts of your personality - like Logic, Ego, etc - might even interject with you - and it does this a lot, too - while you're talking to a NPC. I really gives this feeling off of...something is really wrong w/ your character.

Based on your stats and whatnot (like most RPG's) and how you react to things, it feels like already...there's a few things I might've and could've done different. I literally talked my way out of - well, at least so far - from paying my hotel room bill for damages and for the room b/c...well, the place was trashed; supposedly by my character. There are constant checks from the game against your stats, which will pop-up and let you know if you failed or succeeded it too, letting you know if you have extra dialogue options, extra information the game will relay to you (about the game, its lore, the game-world, characters, areas, etc).

I haven't ran into any combat here, as...most of it supposedly happens as skill-checks and things while in Dialogue; and not in the old-school traditional sense of combat like you'd see in real-time basic games (like Baldur's Gate series or PS:T) or turn-based games (like say Shadowrun Returns; Fallout 1; and Fallout 2).

On my 10700KF; 16 GB RAM; and RTX 3070 PC at 1080p here: 60fps, no problem. Game isn't graphically special in the technical sense, but I do really like it's art-style. Looks like an oil painting in motion where pastels were used to make the graphics, to give this game its unique style and look here - which makes tons of sense here, given your characters issues here w/ drinking too much and doing way too many drugs. 

Only a little over 2 hours in here and I've barely walked anywhere in this game-world and this game's already shining like gold, just from the interesting writing, prose, conversations, some of the odd side-quests, and the unique look of this game. I love the writing, the characters, the weirdness, the mystery, the comedy, and everything else this game has thrown at me, so far.

I really can't wait to play some more, sometime soon.

I bought (from Epic) & began Disco Elysium last night. I'm approximately a little over 2 hours into this.

This has some of the best writing, prose, and descriptions I've seen written in a game since any of these games - Shadowrun Returns; Shadowrun Dragonfall; Planescape: Torment (PS:T); and Torment: Tides of Numenera. If you're looking for a game that you can read, where it reads out like a good book, you'll love that aspect of the game. If those games were up your alley b/c of the writing, you'll love this.

The game is...bizarre. Your character that you play as, has the amnesia problem...similar to the Nameless One in PS:T. So, you don't remember who you are, what you're doing, what's your job, and other stuff of that sort. You wake up after a drunken stupor in a seedy hotel, where something really bad went down nearby. You're to investigate this incident, to find out what happened to this person was and "whodunnit"; and to also find our who you are and what has been going on with your character.

Of course, this all is just a part of everything Disco has going on, TBH. You'll be running, walking, and stumbling into other areas, side-quests, items, Lore, and whatnot everywhere. The game's loaded already with NPC's to talk to and things to do. If that isn't enough, you also....have conversations with yourself. Since your character's an alcoholic and an addict, you are constantly dealing w/ thoughts & visions in your head - and these can happen even while talking to a NPC that's really there.

These parts of you, your skills and stats that you "talk to", also feel like NPC's to talk to, as things like "Logic" and other skills talk to you and you have conversations & dialogues with them. It feels...often very meta and very weird, but also down-right shocking and/or hilarious at times, too. These parts of your personality - like Logic, Ego, etc - might even interject with you - and it does this a lot, too - while you're talking to a NPC. I really gives this feeling off of...something is really wrong w/ your character.

Based on your stats and whatnot (like most RPG's) and how you react to things, it feels like already...there's a few things I might've and could've done different. I literally talked my way out of - well, at least so far - from paying my hotel room bill for damages and for the room b/c...well, the place was trashed; supposedly by my character. There are constant checks from the game against your stats, which will pop-up and let you know if you failed or succeeded it too, letting you know if you have extra dialogue options, extra information the game will relay to you (about the game, its lore, the game-world, characters, areas, etc).

I haven't ran into any combat here, as...most of it supposedly happens as skill-checks and things while in Dialogue; and not in the old-school traditional sense of combat like you'd see in real-time basic games (like Baldur's Gate series or PS:T) or turn-based games (like say Shadowrun Returns; Fallout 1; and Fallout 2).

On my 10700KF; 16 GB RAM; and RTX 3070 PC at 1080p here: 60fps, no problem. Game isn't graphically special in the technical sense, but I do really like it's art-style. Looks like an oil painting in motion where pastels were used to make the graphics, to give this game its unique style and look here - which makes tons of sense here, given your characters issues here w/ drinking too much and doing way too many drugs.

Only a little over 2 hours in here and I've barely walked anywhere in this game-world and this game's already shining like gold, just from the interesting writing, prose, conversations, some of the odd side-quests, and the unique look of this game. I love the writing, the characters, the weirdness, the mystery, the comedy, and everything else this game has thrown at me, so far.

So, curious, with what you've played so far you think you'll give it another playthrough when they do the enhanced version later?

Final tally from Steam sales:

Y's Origins

Y's I & II Chronicles

Y's The Ark of Napishtim

Y's The Oath in Felghana

Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Holdfast: Nations at War 

My haul from all the holiday sales.

Steam:

Escape from Monkey Island

Krumit's Tale: Varfa the Ranger (DLC for a really good game)

The Curse of Monkey Island
World of Horror

Stuff bought on Steam but not from the sale:

Fxxx Me Royally!! Horny Magical Princess

Fxxx Me Royally!! Horny Magical Princess DLC
The Ditzy Demons Are in Love With Me - Fandisc
I Walk Among Zombies Vol. 0
I Walk Among Zombies Vol. 3
Riddle Joker

GOG:

Blade Runner
Escape from Monkey Island™
Heretic + Hexen Collection
Indiana Jones® and the Infernal Machine™
Indiana Jones® and the Last Crusade™
The Humans Bundle
Stranglehold

Free games from EPIC, GOG (Brigador/Metro Last Light Redux)

PSN:

Immortals Fenyx Rising

So, curious, with what you've played so far you think you'll give it another playthrough when they do the enhanced version later?
I also picked this up during the Epic sale and was planning on waiting until the enhanced version hits, but I could be convinced to start early.

Yes.

I think Disco (with the Final Cut) and Cyberpunk (once I get that one) are two of the few games that I might actually do a replay of.

I've just started it too; really liking it so far. This one part had me rolling (spoiler maybe based on stats/check?)

When I tried (and failed) to run out on the hotel bill, my character sprinted away, jumped into the air spun around in slow motion and flipped the double bird before crashing into a woman in a wheelchair. So funny and unexpected.

Shit. Forgot about that, well i'm only like an hour in. Probably haven't missed any 'enhancements' yet.

A Steam Haul combination of fakey bro and y-u-no-wen

:whistle2: Red Dead Redemption 2

:speaktothehand: Transistor

:speaktothehand: Invisible, Inc + DLC

:speaktothehand: Hitman GO

and also just because I wanted to:

:oldman: IS Defense

:oldman: Electromaze Defense

:oldman: Cat Quest

:oldman: Chef Solitaire

:oldman: Crookz

:oldman: Mad Bullets

Wait, the Steam winter sale ended? Damn, it’s not even epiphany. Oh well, guess I’ll be waiting for Terraria to go back to $5 again for another couple months.

Life expectancy of an optical mouse? I assume that laser won't shine forever....

I have a gigabyte mouse that is probably around 10 years old giving me a bit of a fit. Had been clicking through the dpi button when it acted up and it seemed to resolve the issue for a bit. Read online it could be dirt/debris on the lens so I gave it a good scrub with microfiber to see if that helps...

If anyone is looking for a super budget PC case there's a rosewill for $32 on Amazon right now ($40 and a 20% off coupon checkbox):
https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Gaming-Window-Pre-Installed-Computer/dp/B01IT0TDY6/

I just ordered it because the "retro" PC case I installed my kids computed into has sub par ventillation, lacks USB 3 ports, and has a busted headphone jack. This solves all three for cheap.

Plus now he can have a window for RGB like all the cool kids...today...who should get off my lawn.

Plus now he can have a window for RGB like all the cool kids...today...who should get off my lawn.
Ya know what they don't make any more? PC cases with side panel vents. You can find a couple if you look hard enough but they're usually either from c.2006 with USB 2.0 ports and no front ventilation or super cheap cases made of bendy metal or both. I found one Corsair one that looked promising enough but a review said it was impossible to fit an H100 240mm radiator into it which was a deal breaker.

If you look online you can see a little debate on whether or not they help. Most evidence though points to "yes" or at least "doesn't hurt" and the "no" opinions are usually from the people who overthink stuff into pseudo-knowledge like people who swear cable management has a significant effect on system temps because "you're disrupting the airflow; look at this chart I drew in Paint!". You get some people talking about dust but a filter screen these days is cheap enough to be inconsequential. In my case, I wanted to draw in fresh air under my GPU for it to take in directly versus the pre-warmed air brought in my the front radiator.

The real reason seems to mainly just be fashion trends and people want cases to show off their systems and that means windows. Even cases that allow for side-mounted radiators have the radiator along the back next to the motherboard so people can gaze in through the window and see yet another bank of RGB fans spinning.

Life expectancy of an optical mouse? I assume that laser won't shine forever....

I have a gigabyte mouse that is probably around 10 years old giving me a bit of a fit. Had been clicking through the dpi button when it acted up and it seemed to resolve the issue for a bit. Read online it could be dirt/debris on the lens so I gave it a good scrub with microfiber to see if that helps...
Just double checking, are you sure your gigabyte isnt a laser mouse? Gigabyte made those for a good while, I still have one here that the spouse uses. They can be a bit more finnicky than opticals and you have to recalibrate them when they start acting odd

Mice are really hardy and people usually just decide they need/want something new... or the primary button finally wears out.

Ya know what they don't make any more? PC cases with side panel vents. You can find a couple if you look hard enough but they're usually either from c.2006 with USB 2.0 ports and no front ventilation or super cheap cases made of bendy metal or both. I found one Corsair one that looked promising enough but a review said it was impossible to fit an H100 240mm radiator into it which was a deal breaker.

If you look online you can see a little debate on whether or not they help. Most evidence though points to "yes" or at least "doesn't hurt" and the "no" opinions are usually from the people who overthink stuff into pseudo-knowledge like people who swear cable management has a significant effect on system temps because "you're disrupting the airflow; look at this chart I drew in Paint!". You get some people talking about dust but a filter screen these days is cheap enough to be inconsequential. In my case, I wanted to draw in fresh air under my GPU for it to take in directly versus the pre-warmed air brought in my the front radiator.

The real reason seems to mainly just be fashion trends and people want cases to show off their systems and that means windows. Even cases that allow for side-mounted radiators have the radiator along the back next to the motherboard so people can gaze in through the window and see yet another bank of RGB fans spinning.
For sure. My kid is running a 15 year old case with an breather on the side as part of Intel's old TAC (thermally advantaged case) marketting.

My case is about 6 years old and has side vents that support 2x 120mm fans or 1 140mm. I use a single 140mm to blow cool air in right below my 3080. That fan is a tan Noctua.

Fashion be damned.

So no one besides me just runs with the side panel proped up against the wall?
My hinged tempered glass doors don't seal anything. There are gaps along the edges. Plus the front grill is mesh. So actually a lot of dust gets inside the case.

It's a double-edged sword ; you either have good airflow and acquire dust or else you seal your case. But I prefer something like this to having a completely sealed and/or negative pressure case. Which will invariably have higher temperatures. But quieter sound!

It depends on what you're going for. I'd take a completely sealed case if I was running low-powered parts from yesteryear. (not hot)

Just double checking, are you sure your gigabyte isnt a laser mouse? Gigabyte made those for a good while, I still have one here that the spouse uses. They can be a bit more finnicky than opticals and you have to recalibrate them when they start acting odd
Well...I really just don't know. It has what appears to be a red light (lazer) coming out the bottom but has the model number GM-M6800 with "optical mouse" right here beside it. I was going to say laser on my post here but changed it when I flipped it over and saw that.

I'm googling about recalibration now....

Edit: not much out there on the web for this mouse, found the specs on gigabyte's website is about it

Well...I really just don't know. It has what appears to be a red light (lazer) coming out the bottom but has the model number GM-M6800 with "optical mouse" right here beside it. I was going to say laser on my post here but changed it when I flipped it over and saw that.

I'm googling about recalibration now....
Yea I think thats an optical one, and they do look basically the same. So its probably not that then. At least on my laser one theres a small calibration button on the front right side of the mouse that you press and hold and start doing a figure-8 on the surface while it reads it.

Either way, probably not your issue then since that should be optical

I have 2 Cooler Master HAF 912s that have side vents. I believe everything in their HAF line does, and some even have windows and vents.

I have the Cooler Master Cosmos II.  It has a crapload of vents all over the place and filters to keep out the dust.  And I just press two buttons and both side panels swing open like the doors of a car.  Best of all worlds.

I'm still using my Antec 900 that has a side vent, fits the Hyper 212, has front fans, top rear fan, USB 3.0... Sounds like it'll be a PITA when I replace it though.

Edit: Although my memory is saying something about top rear fans being the most vital vent on a case.

I didn't buy a lot in the sale.  I mentioned a couple of games earlier in the thread and I bought a few things that other people here bought so I saw no point in listing them again and I picked up NFS Heat/Payback.  Racing games are one genre I will play even if it takes me a while to get around to them and they were both cheap enough. 

I added a ton of stuff to my wishlist that I need to go through, I was basically adding anything that looked interesting with the intention of investigating them more thoroughly later, but this is how I ended up with 1000+ items on my wishlist before. 

I don't need to be buying a ton of games but man Steam used to make it really easy for me to find an excuse to grab a bunch of stuff during sales and these days I am finding it to be minigame in itself to find anything I want to buy.  One random example, I quit buying the Atelier games on console when they started being on PC figuring I would pick them up at 70% off or something a year or two down the line and one that came out in 2017 has never been lower than 40% off.  I think I need to just track down used PS4 copies or something because they are never going to get decent sales on PC.  

There was one weird Shakespeare-themed game I meant to buy along with Disco Elysium but I forgot about them until after the sale ended.  I was actually thinking I would play Disco next but I have plenty to choose from, so whatever.

GMG has Star Wars Squadrons for $17.20 (Origin) and at that price I am more tempted than the $24ish it was on Steam.  But I am still not sure if I want it at that price either.  I hear too many mixed things about the multiplayer that make me think I might just play the rather short campaign and drop it.  

I found one game I was interested in called Tactical Nexus until I looked a bit more at the pricing structure... it steadily rises in price and is going to continue doing so until it is finished and keeps pumping out DLC.  The game + DLC is going to cost hundreds of dollars when it is fully released.  So uh, yeah.  Good luck with that.

There was one weird Shakesphere-themed game I meant to buy along with Disco Elysium but I forgot about them until after the sale ended. I was actually thinking I would play Disco next but I have plenty to choose from, so whatever.

GMG has Star Wars Squadrons for $17.20 (Origin) and at that price I am more tempted than the $24ish it was on Steam. But I am still not sure if I want it at that price either. I hear too many mixed things about the multiplayer that make me think I might just play the rather short campaign and drop it.
I wish on Epic, stuff worked like Ubi games do over there.

On Epic, from what I've read/heard, any Origin games or Rockstar game - you have to deal w/ Epic Launcher and the other service. So, bleh.

With Ubi games like GR: Breakpoint - in Epic Launcher, just click on the game; link Ubi account; and you can skip Epic altogether now and just use UbiSoft Connect/Uplay instead; man, I wish Origin games and Rockstar's stuff worked like that.

I probably would've bought Jedi Fallen Order, if it was just a Origin-linking process like Ubi's stuff does over on Epic.

I wouldn't want Squadrons on Steam either - as EA purposely makes it less appealing there, as you have to use both Steam and Origin; especially since it costs more $ than it did over when Epic sale & coupon was in effect. Bleh.

I'd rather have Squadrons straight-up on Origin, so that info about GMG is worth keeping an eye on in case it gets cheaper - but, I got such a backlog, I can wait on it to get even a bit cheaper.

About Disco Elysium - the game forces Epic on boot-up, unless you create a EXE shortcut from the game-folder and set the "-EpicPortal" command in the target to bypass the Epic client/DRM madness.

I need to get around and play some more Disco - the writing, prose, and actual RPG'ing is really something here, IMHO.

bread's done
Back