Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Damn, it’s not even epiphany.
wait, what?

okay, this is mad confusing because roman catholics already celebrated it on sunday. looking at wikipedia, alot of places celebrate it on the sixth which is today. and some places don't celebrate it till the nineteenth. so which backward ass country are you from that hasn't celebrated it yet?

Just a heads up that The Division II is currently streaming free on all major news networks.
I thought Derpvision was a fashion show???

tenor.gif

wait, what?

okay, this is mad confusing because roman catholics already celebrated it on sunday. looking at wikipedia, alot of places celebrate it on the sixth which is today. and some places don't celebrate it till the nineteenth. so which backward ass country are you from that hasn't celebrated it yet?
I posted that late last night, so yeah I guess it was epiphany by the clock, but it did catch me off guard. I probably would have bought something on sale if I had realized it was ending.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope TrumpCat is safe
I'm safe BUT WIFI SIGNAL IS VERY BAD IN MY BUNKER! MAKE WIFI GREAT AGAIN!!

Today's events were BIDENCAT'S FAULT! This is what happens when I give one of the best speeches ever heard and then I tell thousands of my most loyal and insane SECOND AMENDMENT LOVING supporters that MY LANDSLIDE WIN WAS STOLEN FROM US ALL and then suggest they should MARCH ON THE CAPITOL BUILDING and cheer everyone on and definitely not GO INSIDE AND SIEZE THE CAPITOL BUILDING. How was I to know that sending thousands of my most RADICAL and FANATICAL ARMED SUPPORTERS could possibly be a bad idea? TOTALLY NOT MY FAULT!!!

Anyway, PenceCat sucks now and I might FIRE HIM! I think my cabinet are going to throw me a 25th Anniversary party soon. I think that's what they've been whispering about all evening. 25th something. Maybe my 25th Election win party? It'll be YUGE! Maybe there'll be hamberders

My winter sale haul was larger than I expected it to be and also completely unnecessary:

Vermintide 2: Winds of Magic - cdkeys

Vermintide 2: Ubersreik - cdkeys

Lego Harry Potter 1-7 - cdkeys

Borderlands 3 Deluxe - indiegala

Remnant From the Ashes complete - steam

Tom Clancy Splinter Cell plus a dlc - steam

Chaosbane: Tomb Kings - steam

Labyrinthine - steam

I blew all my steam wallet on steam so not a total waste but I don't know why I keep buying Lego games and never playing them.  They'll look nice next to all the others I suppose.  Pretty sure I have Remnant for free on Epic but I doubt I'll every buy the dlc over there and I have a friend who already owned it on steam so I threw away some wallet credit on that.  I think that was the first time I've ever bought something from Indiegala but they had the best price on Borderlands 3 plus all story dlc so I figured what the heck.  I don't think I'm even an hour in but already I can see what people are saying about the story being meh but the gameplay is great.

I'm safe BUT WIFI SIGNAL IS VERY BAD IN MY BUNKER! MAKE WIFI GREAT AGAIN!!

Today's events were BIDENCAT'S FAULT! This is what happens when I give one of the best speeches ever heard and then I tell thousands of my most loyal and insane SECOND AMENDMENT LOVING supporters that MY LANDSLIDE WIN WAS STOLEN FROM US ALL and then suggest they should MARCH ON THE CAPITOL BUILDING and cheer everyone on and definitely not GO INSIDE AND SIEZE THE CAPITOL BUILDING. How was I to know that sending thousands of my most RADICAL and FANATICAL ARMED SUPPORTERS could possibly be a bad idea? TOTALLY NOT MY FAULT!!!

Anyway, PenceCat sucks now and I might FIRE HIM! I think my cabinet are going to throw me a 25th Anniversary party soon. I think that's what they've been whispering about all evening. 25th something. Maybe my 25th Election win party? It'll be YUGE! Maybe there'll be hamberders
That's it I'm officially endorsing TrumpCat for President in 2024 no Dogocrats ever again go Republicats.

Tom Clancy Splinter Cell plus a dlc - steam
I'm curious - was this DLC for Conviction or Blacklist?

EDIT:

I really wish they'd do another Splinter Cell. Blacklist was awesome and the best SC game since Chaos Theory (CT's my fav. SC game), IMHO.

I need to play the demo for Outriders when it comes out. Been burned too many times from random looter shooters. It looks pretty nice so far though.

That's an amazing freebie next week.
I agree w/ that.

I really enjoyed the SP campaign.

It's nothing super-amazing and all, story-wise - but it's still really good and lots of fun, as a game.

Playing as iconic SW characters; playing Iden's character, as a Sith who leaves them and turns on that (Janina Gavankar); so much variety of gameplay (lightsaber content for one character and mission; typical FPS stuff from Iden; stealth missions for Iden; play as Yoda; play as Luke; play as Leia; etc etc) - yeah, it's hard to be bored w/ this game. It's hard to even hate this campaign; it's just a blast.

Also, will be great to maybe get some more players onto the MP since this will be free, as...well, why not? They got rid of the MTX's pretty much anyways.

Might be a good time to finally test out the MP then!

Next Week's Free Game:

• Star Wars: Battlefront II - Celebration Edition (2019)
It's kind of remarkable how much worse I would feel about this if it weren't the Celebration Edition.

Really nice that it is.

I blew all my steam wallet on steam so not a total waste but I don't know why I keep buying Lego games and never playing them. They'll look nice next to all the others I suppose.
Every now and then, I get the urge to play LEGO games. They're mindless fun.

I'm just finishing up LEGO DC Super Villians and I find it to be among the best. First of all, Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy reprise their roles as the Joker and Batman. That's always cool. Second, there are a bunch of QOL improvements that make the game much more streamlined. The environments and characters are pretty great too.

So, if you've got that one, it's a good place to jump back in.

I'm just finishing up LEGO DC Super Villians and I find it to be among the best. First of all, Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy reprise their roles as the Joker and Batman. That's always cool. Second, there are a bunch of QOL improvements that make the game much more streamlined. The environments and characters are pretty great too.
I almost didn't make it through the first or second level of that game because of a constant alarm noise that was playing in the background for the entire level. On the end the game was pretty great but I think I preferred Lego Batman 3 in the DC universe, personally.

Which ones do you feel like you got burned on?
So, Division 1 and 2 are the only looter shooters I've played. Are there other similar ones out there one could still play?

I did see one of the Div2 streamers play some Outriders and it looked interesting but i was a bit turned off by the 3-man squads. Would prefer 4.

The Borderlands series is the only looter shooter (shooter looter?) that's been able to hook me. Maybe because of the lack of MMO-ness? 

I know I got burnt out on Cyberpunk 2077. Probably about 3 or 4 hours off of the end, but haven't felt the want to play it again. Anthem was another, as I bought into the hype. I grew bored of the Division 1 as well. Borderlands 3 I dropped off on, but likely will try again. I think Borderlands 2 was the only one that really hit on most things for me other than the first DLC were pretty lame. I stopped playing with friends then, but the game itself was solid enough. I know I played a few indie ones as well, but those were generally generic and the shooting wasn't great, so I didn't play them much at all. One was one of those block shooters with a number in the title. Just boring. I guess cause I kind of loop in looter shooters with action RPGs sometimes like a bunch of Diablo clones, so it's just not my favorite genre honestly. I honestly disliked Destiny 1 quite a bit too other than the very solid shooting. Just none of these got my attention.

I did see one of the Div2 streamers play some Outriders and it looked interesting but i was a bit turned off by the 3-man squads. Would prefer 4.
4 classes and a 3 man squad. Seems really odd to me.

The Borderlands series is a looter shooter but I've rarely played them with anyone... While the Division games I do all the time. Borderlands I also rarely feel the need to grind gear. I experience the story and move on it seems.

Yeah, I played through BL1 & BL2 but felt no desire to go into Super Extreme Mode once I was done, just ticked the box and moved on.  Can't argue that Borderlands isn't popular in the looter shooter genre though.  I assume Destiny 2 is the looter shooter MMO of choice these days for a "live" experience.  Marvel's Avengers if you have sin in your life that you need to atone for. 

I know I got burnt out on Cyberpunk 2077. Probably about 3 or 4 hours off of the end, but haven't felt the want to play it again. Anthem was another, as I bought into the hype. I grew bored of the Division 1 as well. Borderlands 3 I dropped off on, but likely will try again. I think Borderlands 2 was the only one that really hit on most things for me other than the first DLC were pretty lame. I stopped playing with friends then, but the game itself was solid enough. I know I played a few indie ones as well, but those were generally generic and the shooting wasn't great, so I didn't play them much at all. One was one of those block shooters with a number in the title. Just boring. I guess cause I kind of loop in looter shooters with action RPGs sometimes like a bunch of Diablo clones, so it's just not my favorite genre honestly. I honestly disliked Destiny 1 quite a bit too other than the very solid shooting. Just none of these got my attention.
You dislike good video games and you prefer playing visual novels like Horny Step-sister Monster-Girl Cow Tiddies #4 nitrosmob, yes we know! :p

I put CP2077 down for now and bought Destiny 2: Beyond Light earlier this week and have gone back to console tarding in HDR with 60fps.  It's Iron Banner this week and my blueberry is fresh! 

Never thought of myself as an 'FPS-first' guy but these are the games that I keep going back to: The Division, Battlefield,  Overwatch, occasionally Borderlands, and of course Destiny.  Something about the snappy action, the good frame rates & graphics, the loot, and most of all the excellent gunplay. 

The Borderlands series is the only looter shooter (shooter looter?) that's been able to hook me. Maybe because of the lack of MMO-ness?
Hellgate: London [retail version from Flagship] hooked me, way back in the day - not for its story (b/c it was "meh" and had a crummy cliffhanger ending) - but for the mix of looter-shooter or looter-action (depends on the class you took on); breaking the loot down; and all of that good stuff.

Plus, you could play it online (back in the day, when servers were up) OR offline.

Before Borderlands came - I had a blast w/ this game.

I'm working my way through Borderlands 3 right now and it's a lot of fun. After recently slogging through Death Stranding (which I loved) and Red Dead 2 (which I hated) it has been a nice change of pace to play something so mindless and fast-paced. I'm sure it's fun to play with friends but I find that it's just fine doing single-player stuff. I've been taking the time to do most of the side missions but I've reached a point where I'm ready for it to end so I'm going to power through the rest of the story. I can imagine going back and doing all the DLC in a year or two. Also, it's one of the nicer looking games I've played since building my new PC. Gets a solid 80fps on 4K/Ultra with the 3080, and with HDR it's pretty dang stunning at times, especially with all those exploding midgets.

After mere days of trying I think I am already done trying to get a 3080 for the foreseeable future.  Prices increasing and the demand is actually rising because bitcoin exploded and now the other currencies are getting in on that action.  Scalpers + miners = do I even want to try?  Probably not.    I can live without ray-tracing but I wanted to do some 4K and also I normally play in 1440p so I wonder how the 1080TI is going to handle newer games as I start diving into them (and obviously it can't handle the 4K at all) but it is what it is.  *shrugs*  

I'm working my way through Borderlands 3 right now and it's a lot of fun. After recently slogging through Death Stranding (which I loved) and Red Dead 2 (which I hated) it has been a nice change of pace to play something so mindless and fast-paced. I'm sure it's fun to play with friends but I find that it's just fine doing single-player stuff. I've been taking the time to do most of the side missions but I've reached a point where I'm ready for it to end so I'm going to power through the rest of the story. I can imagine going back and doing all the DLC in a year or two. Also, it's one of the nicer looking games I've played since building my new PC. Gets a solid 80fps on 4K/Ultra with the 3080, and with HDR it's pretty dang stunning at times, especially with all those exploding midgets.
Have you had a Hellwaker shotgun drop yet?

I have a level 35 one I can mail to you if you haven't. I used it from level 35 to 50. It's obscene.

Have you had a Hellwaker shotgun drop yet?

I have a level 35 one I can mail to you if you haven't. I used it from level 35 to 50. It's obscene.
I don't think so but it's hard to keep track of everything. I've had bad luck finding a shotgun I like, though last night I finally got an interesting one that fires a concentrated blast that destroys whatever it touches and then pings around and hits other enemies. Some of the gun levels/ratings are a bit odd, though. I had a level 20 pistol that I ended up using forever since it made just about everything it hit explode into a pile of slop in one shot. I found tons of higher level pistols with better ratings but none of them could compare. But man, there's just so much stuff. I imagine I probably missed some cool guns because I didn't take the time to test them out.

That Hellwaker shotgun is insane.  I found it two times and used them both from like level 14 until 40.  It takes at least a dozen levels before you stop one-shotting everything and its damage starts getting outpaced by new alternatives. 

Hellwalker-Shotgun.jpg

I don't think so but it's hard to keep track of everything. I've had bad luck finding a shotgun I like, though last night I finally got an interesting one that fires a concentrated blast that destroys whatever it touches and then pings around and hits other enemies. Some of the gun levels/ratings are a bit odd, though. I had a level 20 pistol that I ended up using forever since it made just about everything it hit explode into a pile of slop in one shot. I found tons of higher level pistols with better ratings but none of them could compare. But man, there's just so much stuff. I imagine I probably missed some cool guns because I didn't take the time to test them out.
Yeah, I think thats what I hate most about Borderlands. You think you've gotten something golden based upon the stats but you go to try it out and almost die because of it.

Anyhow, I got that Hellwaker mailed to you so do check your mail in the game. (Its under social) You should love it. Its got no variants (outside of anointment) so everyone you find at level 30 will have the same stats. Same for 50.

Yeah, I think thats what I hate most about Borderlands. You think you've gotten something golden based upon the stats but you go to try it out and almost die because of it.

Anyhow, I got that Hellwaker mailed to you so do check your mail in the game. (Its under social) You should love it. Its got no variants (outside of anointment) so everyone you find at level 30 will have the same stats. Same for 50.
So, I knew I was pretty close to the end of the game but I didn't realize how close. I just booted the game and grabbed the gun, then I picked up where I left off last night to test it out and the first enemy I encounter with the gun ends up being the final boss. Suffice to say, it was a quick battle. The gun destroyed her and the game is over. What's funny is that the legendary items I ended up getting from the final boss and the subsequent chests were also shotguns but they were absolute **** compared to the Hellwalker.

A couple left over Monthly games I don't want to keep and don't want to try to sell:

Frog Detective 1 - JGEAN-QEFZJ-LG5M6

Frog Detective 2 - JYXKG-8ZAFE-NKPMZ

Struggling - KCCC3-G5QTT-KLAC8

Deleveled - 7FKY2-GLVRZ-07I4B

So, I knew I was pretty close to the end of the game but I didn't realize how close. I just booted the game and grabbed the gun, then I picked up where I left off last night to test it out and the first enemy I encounter with the gun ends up being the final boss. Suffice to say, it was a quick battle. The gun destroyed her and the game is over. What's funny is that the legendary items I ended up getting from the final boss and the subsequent chests were also shotguns but they were absolute **** compared to the Hellwalker.
So are you done with the game or are you tackling side stuff and/or DLC?

Finished Cyberpunk 2077 with just shy of 160 hours played.  I'm sure some of that was spent screwing around or testing things and reloading, etc but I also still had a number of unfinished side gigs and blue event icons on the map.  There's a lot of game there and people who "finish" it in 30 hours missed a lot.  Of course, if you finished it in 30 hours because you just wanted it done then another hundred hours probably isn't a draw.  The main story line was probably the weakest bit -- I still enjoyed it but mostly because of how it was supported by the side missions along the way.  Without that backup, it'd have been less impactful.

I liked exploring Night City and found it well realized and a lot of stuff to do.  When I say "stuff to do", I mean stuff that a mercenary in a dystopian urban jungle would do -- I don't give a shit about riding bumper cars or playing skee-ball or taking knitting lessons in my open world games.  I liked the flexibility to build a character who was a firearms assault type or a melee bruiser or a stealth assassin or even a wizard of sorts; later in the game, I could run a whole mission and kill everyone with Quickhacks in moments without firing my gun once.  The weakest game mechanics were undoubtedly the driving and I think crafting needs a bit of an overhaul from multiple angles.  There were also a few mechanics that felt unfinished... swimming is a big one there.

There's multiple endings but I'm fine with calling the one I got "my ending" for now and waiting to see if any story-based DLC comes out before jumping back in.  That said, even after 160 hours, CP2077 hadn't worn out its welcome for me and I still looked forward to playing.  There's a bunch of valid complaints about it (and a bunch of hyperbolic gamer-raving) but I won't complain about personally having fun and getting my money's worth. 

@Syntax

When you finish the main story, can you continue and adventure back in the game-world and do side-stuff you haven't done yet?
Yes. The endings themselves are absolute but, when you complete the main story, it gives the option to get bumped back into Night City right before the "point of no return" (with a special bit of gear reward depending on the ending you got) so you can continue playing as though you never finished. And re-finish it with a different ending, if you want.

Probably one of my biggest pet peeves about Looter Shooters. Having tens of thousands of choices isn't particularly great if only a dozen or so really matter.

Probably one of my biggest pet peeves about Looter Shooters. Having tens of thousands of choices isn't particularly great if only a dozen or so really matter.
Yeah, it really lessens the impact of getting rare drops once you realize it will mostly be garbage that you'll sell off to support your slot machine addiction. And then when you finally do get a great item it kind of breaks the game. I wish I could remember the name of the pistol I got early on but it drastically altered the course of what had been a somewhat challenging experience and just turned it into a breezy shooting gallery. I was fighting one of the bosses and my rocket launcher wasn't doing much damage and I thought "hmm, maybe I'll try that new pistol" and the fight was over 10 seconds later. Still, Borderlands is the best at making those truly powerful items feel fun to use. I was ready to move on after finishing the game but I nearly got sucked back in after using the shotgun that Arkham sent me. Could have easily put another 10 hours into it. It never gets old running into a huge battle and obliterating everything in sight.

bread's done
Back