Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Dorfromantik, which sounds like it should be a hentai game about Gimli, is a pretty good and relaxing puzzle game.  You have tiles with things like homes, farm fields, train tracks, rivers, and forests and you put them down and try to make chains of the same type of tile while also matching anything random that is on the side of your tile.  You might have a farm field on one side and a train track on the other, and you want to try to connect that farm field to another one if you can along with connecting the track to a series of tracks.  You lose when you run out of tiles and you get more tiles for finishing little challenges that sometimes come with the tiles, I am not sure what else gets you more tiles.  I have been playing in 20 minute sessions (basically until I fail) so I haven't went very far but it is very chill and you can quit and resume later if you have a good run going.  I haven't figured out enough about the mechanics yet to know how to make a game go very long.

Last edited by a moderator:
NOT THE PIZZA!

https://i.imgur.com/3FXYsXq.mp4

Typical reaction images in spoiler.

lmOyBAx.gif

394Qm3p.gif

Dorfromantik, which sounds like it should be a hentai game about Gimli, is a pretty good and relaxing puzzle game.
If anyone wants to test drive the game, the alpha build was part of the itch.io racial justice bundle last summer. I played it in my quest to play through all the games and found it pretty fun.

I was able to snag the new midnight black 6800xt from AMD this morning and now I'm on the fence about what to do with it.

I'd love to keep it and but it would require a whole system rebuild at this point. My i5 2550k is already a bottleneck for my 1060, I'd hate to waste the performance of anything better.

Then the devil appears on my shoulder and searches completed auctions on eBay, coming back at 1200-1500. That's hard to turn down and would help with new system costs (if gpus ever return to earth).

If I do decide to keep it what's a good mid range processor to pair with it? I've heard good things about the 10700k and 3700 ryzen but I haven't done much research

I was able to snag the new midnight black 6800xt from AMD this morning and now I'm on the fence about what to do with it.

I'd love to keep it and but it would require a whole system rebuild at this point. My i5 2550k is already a bottleneck for my 1060, I'd hate to waste the performance of anything better.

Then the devil appears on my shoulder and searches completed auctions on eBay, coming back at 1200-1500. That's hard to turn down and would help with new system costs (if gpus ever return to earth).

If I do decide to keep it what's a good mid range processor to pair with it? I've heard good things about the 10700k and 3700 ryzen but I haven't done much research
If you can find a good deal on an Intel 10th gen i5/i7 or the 10850k/10900k 10 core models ($250-350) that is probably your best bet. The cheap midrange route would probably be the new i5-11400 at $185 avg. price.

AMD wise, well if you can find one for MSRP, the 5600X is probably the best option speed wise, its the only new mid range option from them and its $300 MSRP. AMD is the top dog performance wise in most things so they're pricing them as such.

3700X is a good cpu but its not worth its old MSRP of $329. They were going for $270 last summer. Thats if you can find one. The most available of the new AMD cpus is the 5800X, 8core/16thread that is $450 and way too overpriced.

I started downloading Homefront because I thought it would be neat to test it out. But apparently you only gain access to the arcade machine towards the end of the game, and it doesn't have cloud saves, so my save file is long gone.

Lots of people passing away yet the worst news I received today was that I won today's newegg shuffle. Those combo prices are worse than death itself.

D2R.

Also, if you can't find the e-mail - go check Battle.Net account; get the newest version/update; and check the D2R section on Battle.Net; see if you are allowed to install it (i.e. see if they invited you).

Some people have gotten into D2R Technical Alpha Test and the e-mail ended up in Spam Box by accident.

Tech Test is around 30GB in size or so.

Also, I don't know if everyone was already aware, but me being me 8-[ I just had to check whether 3 out of 10: Season 1 was available. It is, and it's free (at least as of this writing):

3 out of 10: Season One (epicgames.com)

I know it might not be something everybody wants, but it's there. Again, apologies if this was already common knowledge (I've caught up on about three weeks of posts in one night--long story, just glad I'm back looking at the deals).

Have a safe, healthy, and happy weekend, everyone :wave:

Need to try out 3 out of 10. I like point and click adventures  and it could be fun. Don't miss out on Deponia and Pillars of the Earth if you haven't got that before.

Diablo II: Resurrected - Tech Test / Alpha Test.

Spent a little over 6 hours with this over the past weekend's Tech Test / Free Weekend. I got lucky and got in. There's no NDA here, so I can speak on this.

I've got plenty to say. And yes, I think many gamers are going to be very happy with this; past fans and newcomers alike.

Did you basically want Diablo II: Complete Edition (with LoD expansion), but prettier w/ modern resolutions, modern textures, modern performance (i.e. 60fps), and some few tweaks? Well, this is what you're getting. And it's awesome.

Not all of the content was in the Tech Test/Alpha Build here. Namely, you had Acts 1 and 2 here. Not all of the characters were here - Barbarian; Sorceress; and Amazon are here. And it was eating up 30GB of space here. Can't wait to see what this game's size will be, once it's all finally here.

It plays like Diablo II, even in new graphics mode. You have some UI and AI adjustments you can make it use, if you want - you can make text look bigger; put the Mini-Map in small corners (instead of the old full-screen transparent mini-map); etc etc. You don't have to, though - as you can still use the old full-screen mini-map and the normal UI, if you like.

It looks great - similar to Diablo III in some ways (i.e. modern), but it also has the Diablo II gritty-ness. It felt too bright (but not as bright as D3) out-the-box, but that can be remedied by cranking Gamma setting down. Luckily, in new graphics mode, if you crank down the Gamma setting in D2:R, you can get this game looking dark, like D2 should look. But it certainly looks smoother and more animated - and all of this is executed real well - in its new mode. Though, it's not entirely gritty as D2 old-school version though, as....well, pixelation still also gives D2 some of its grit.

Regardless, on-the-fly, you can hit a hotkey and switch b/t New Graphics Mode and Legacy Mode. Like C&C Remaster, Halo: MCC's older games, and whatnot - D2:R also allows you to switch b/t old-school graphics and new-school graphics at anytime you want, while on-the-fly and in the middle of actual gameplay. If you want to see how great it looks now (with modern looks for assets & resolutions) and also what it looked like back in its day in its pixelated glory (up to max of 800x600, like the old game) - you're free to do so. 

It ran fine here on my RTX 3070-based PC (with also an i7 10700KF; 16 GB RAM; W10 x64) at 1080p60fps in new mode; and also at 60fps in 800x600 mode when switching to Legacy mode. I love that I can switch easily here b/t the two modes, on-the-fly and all.

It's still difficult at times for me, at its default setting. Namely, when you got too many enemies on-screen, not utilizing your skills properly, not equipping your gear right, and whatnot. You still pay the piper here and lose your equipped items and lose all your money - so you have to go back to get your body to get it all back. You still sink points into skills here; and your stats and its number...when you level-up. You still hear and the excellent sounds and music, as you're fighting enemies and looting them for another piece of loot like they are a pixelated piñata; and you're likely going to Stash or Sell this gear at the Vendor. You're going to get Gems and socket them into equipment. 

While I'm very familiar w/ keyboard and mouse gameplay and the clicker-fest that Diablo II is, it also surprisingly also plays solid with a controller. Sure, not entirely my gameplay style of choice here, but it seems to play just fine and when I feel like leaning back & relaxing in my gaming chair, instead of say getting all intense on the keyboard/mouse and up-close & personal with my monitor and the on-screen action.

The few modernizations and tweaks, and options that are here - all feel like it's here as options; and some might find that stuff necessary, some might not, which will probably depends on the player. Most importantly, D2: Resurrected feels like D2 in every way without changing what made D2 so great - it plays & feels like D2 in both graphics modes; looks like D2 in old mode; and everything. 

This is just a Tech Demo and Tech Alpha here - and it's already in great shape, IMHO. Pretty much, everything here looks on-track and is very impressive here, as long as they keep doing things...just like this.

D2: Resurrected looks like it'll be basically exactly what I wanted out of a D2: Remaster. 

Can't wait to see the final version, once it's out, sometime down the road.

Wonder if we’ll ever get any awesome physical Collectors Editions from Blizzard in the future. Everything seems to be digital these days, kind of wish I’d kept my Diablo III CE, but who knew the game would get so much better after launch 😜

One thing I wish was in the old Diablo games was skill resets. Maybe I'm not as patient or I really don't want to read a min/max guide again, but I'm not a huge fan of not being able to take back once you put into a skill. Makes builds a lot less interesting IMHO, but I doubt it will change. I played enough and beat it back in the day a decent amount of times, so I doubt I'm going to buy it again. It wasn't very long, so the grind is the game.

One thing I wish was in the old Diablo games was skill resets. Maybe I'm not as patient or I really don't want to read a min/max guide again, but I'm not a huge fan of not being able to take back once you put into a skill. Makes builds a lot less interesting IMHO, but I doubt it will change. I played enough and beat it back in the day a decent amount of times, so I doubt I'm going to buy it again. It wasn't very long, so the grind is the game.
In D2:R, you can respec...and it's free to so. There's an NPC there w/ an option to allow to do so, in the lower right hand corner of the Caravan Town in Act 1.

Years ago I would have said it ruined the game but that is one of the things I am fine with them changing now.  I had a bunch of 99s back then but I also had no backlog and no reason to play anything but Diablo 2 constantly so having to make a new character just to try a different build and spend dozens of hours in the Cow Level to get that character to 99 didn't bother me.  

In D2:R, you can respec...and it's free to so. There's an NPC there w/ an option to allow to do so, in the lower right hand corner of the Caravan Town in Act 1.
Diablo 2 is easily one of my top 3 games ever. But, there's something very important for me. They didn't touch the music, did they?

Diablo 2 is easily one of my top 3 games ever. But, there's something very important for me. They didn't touch the music, did they?
Still sounds like the same awesome score. I literally had all of those feels, when booting up the game and hitting the menu screen; and especially in the town.

Nostalgia City.

I think it was said to have been remastered, though.

EDIT:

30GB? Are they putting 4k models in the game?
And that 30GB only 2/5ths of the game in the tech test.

And yes, D2R has 4K textures and 4K res' support.

Tech review time!

so i got the jlab jbuds frames wireless audio. https://www.jlab.com/collections/frontpage/products/jbuds-frames-wireless-audio-for-your-glasses . putting them on your glasses is fine. i got big ole fat plastic frames so they fit easy. they come with sleeves if you have wire frames. when you put them on they are noticeable but not dealbreaking.  as for sound quality... it's not great. i have multiple $50 over ear headphones and true wireless earbuds, and they don't sound as good. i would put them a tier below, $40, maybe? anyways early verdict, if you are an elitist audiophile stay away. however, if you're like me and can't wear headphones or earbuds for extended periods of time, give them a try.

Years ago I would have said it ruined the game but that is one of the things I am fine with them changing now. I had a bunch of 99s back then but I also had no backlog and no reason to play anything but Diablo 2 constantly so having to make a new character just to try a different build and spend dozens of hours in the Cow Level to get that character to 99 didn't bother me.
No backlog back in the day?

Its like I don't even know you, man...

Had time but no money, later that flipped the other way around.  Really my backlog didn't get out of control until I fell into the MMO trap.  I kept buying the games that looked interesting when they went on sale but just kept spending all of my free time in an MMO.  And then of course things became ridiculous when I started hoarding stuff on Steam but oh well.   

bread's done
Back