Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Apparently there's a remaster of Blood Dragon in the season pass for FC6. Guess I'll hold off on picking it up even at $3.59 on Humble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on my slowly unfolding mental breakdown.

It's been almost two months since I've moved into a new place and I think the frenzy is over and I am done making compulsive and unnecessary upgrades to my gaming situation. Today I swapped out the old 650W PSU in one of my builds and upgraded to 850W to accommodate the 3080ti. That PC is hooked up to my 2019 OLED strictly for 4K gaming, and I've got my main PC connected to the Ultrawide for more every day use. Here they are:

B0VRf0X.jpg

6RTDSdc.jpg

Now I just need to paint the window black so no light can get in and I'm set for life.
Please, we all know you’re going to buy like five 3090Tis in a month tops.

Update on my slowly unfolding mental breakdown.

It's been almost two months since I've moved into a new place and I think the frenzy is over and I am done making compulsive and unnecessary upgrades to my gaming situation. Today I swapped out the old 650W PSU in one of my builds and upgraded to 850W to accommodate the 3080ti. That PC is hooked up to my 2019 OLED strictly for 4K gaming, and I've got my main PC connected to the Ultrawide for more every day use. Here they are:

B0VRf0X.jpg

6RTDSdc.jpg

Now I just need to paint the window black so no light can get in and I'm set for life.
As insanely awesome as your PC is w/ this killer upgrading process here w/ getting a 3080 Ti (incredible! especially w/ the 12GB of VRAM), switching to an 850W (beastly!) and also having OLED (amazing!) - eh, I don't know if us gamers are ever really "set for life" with a computer.

It's as if...we're set for a good few years. And then we're back to square one, at some point.

Even say my 970 desktop is just not good enough today for AC: Origins at 30fps, nevermind newer AC stuff like probably Odyssey or Valhalla. Of course, we expect this bull w/ UbiSoft PC ports, as they are power hungry w/ so much on-going in their open-worlds and unoptimized as can be.

Hopefully, Far Cry 6 runs good for you - as it looks like we'll need need a rocket-ship to maybe hit 4K 60fps w/ RTX on w/ that one. I mean, they require a 3080 w/ 10GB VRAM just to hit 4K30fps with RTX On; not sure if that's w/ FXX On or DLSS On or not. Hopefully, those requirements are w/ RTX Off or DLSS Off.

Maybe if we just keep digging into our backlogs w/ 1000's of games, sure, we'll be good for a long while....but I'm sure in a few years or so - anywhere from say some 3-7 years down the road and depending on how much more powerful these new parts get & how far they push these things and advance them; and likely when the next console generation begins (i.e. gen. 10) - we'll see when a 3080 Ti gets obsolete.

It's also not like we can do 4K with either DLSS & FXX off and rock 240fps on these RTX-based games....yet.

So the latest patch for the GP version of The Ascent fixed 99% of the hitching for me if anyone is still playing it.  I don't think it will run on DX11 yet or allow you to actually enable RT effects but I'll take this version, it is very playable now (and super fun, I finished it).

MysterD, any luck with troubleshooting your laptop?
Nope. It won't boot. Dad took it apart and all of that mess - and put it back together. He's handy and good w/ stuff like that. Threw some paste on, as GPU and CPU had NONE; it got worn out. We got it on a few times and also booted, but KB wasn't working, but...it's no longer going on now. Kind of given up on a gaming laptop, for the time being, TBH.

It'll probably take my old Acer Laptop dying (which is where I stick a lot of my older games, as 4gb 960m is not modern really anymore and not good for modern titles), for me to really want to flat-out buy new gaming laptop. Sure, I'm still looking at prices and deals - hell, I always do; I love Window-shopping and Internet-Window shopping - but I'm not in a rush now. I really want a decent CPU, GPU, SSD, and RAM on a laptop, if I'm tossing money at a gaming laptop; and am looking for a real steal of a deal (i.e. like what I did w/ both the Acer Nitro 960m and SC15 laptops, basically buying them at half price).

RAM counts are so low in the up to $1000 range often (i.e. 8GB often) for gaming laptops - it's depressing. I really don't want to or like taking these things apart (i.e. they're laptops & they're small!); they ain't desktops. Desktops at least feel like they have breathing room, if you're tinkering w/ them. You'd think, they would even be at least 12GB or so (even if that's an oddball number and not ideal for timings - as it's best to pair say 2x8 and go dual channel); it's just that 8GB just seems too low to me, for modern gaming.

Bought a $500 laptop just to jump online w/ and to keep stuff low-powered not for gaming and for when I'm moving all around the house - as my Acer doesn't have a built-in SSD (i.e. it's old and boots slow; that has a mechanical old-school HDD). I got a lot of older games and GFN (GeForce Now) sitting on that PC, for when I ain't home.

Not travelling that much and my 3070 desktop's slaughtering everything at 1080p (well, except WD: Legion and Cyberpunk 2077) - makes it easier to not care as much about a real gaming laptop right now.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition.

For those who missed my 1st thoughts on this, since I didn't post them on CAG - read here.

So, I'm now some 30 hours or so into this game. Got some thoughts, so I'm gonna share some.

So, I've finished what feels like the first main chapter of the story and moved onto what's probably the 2nd one here. I finished off an evil force of sorts (this was around some 20 hours in - and this alone felt like it could've been its own game) and began taking a land over as a Baron, now managing my new lands & whatnot.

So, once you take over the lands, you can manage them, on the big overland map. You can shape your city/lands/town; built it a bit; and listen to requests from incoming people. You can set advisors (often fellow NPC's from the city and/or party members) to do things and deal w/ certain situations, which reminds me of the War Table stuff that you had in say Dragon Age: Inquisition - as you'll get rewards, improve stuff, and things of that sort from dealing with these situations.

Though, here's the twist on the War Table/Land Management here: since this game's on a calendar & schedule here and there can be time-based for events, missions, management issues, etc. - you have to take stuff on yourself before and/or assign stuff to someone to take on that has time limits before it ends....or else something will go wrong. Even after doing the usual world-exploring, adventuring across the game-world, and quest-stomping - you'll need to go back to your Throne Room and War Table often, to constantly get new missions, quests, and/or situations to deal with.

I've also taken on one of the DLC's built into the main game's campaign (Wildcards DLC) and got a new party member from doing it, from taking on that short quest; talking to the NPC and learning more info about that NPC and the situation there; and whatnot. With the new race & class that comes w/ this particular party member - without going too far into that character and their intriguing story & situation here - this NPC can be a beast, on the battlefield. This NPC also feels essential to the game, as I feel like I've tipped some of the tides here and battles b/c this NPC & the skills this NPC possesses...and also something else interesting & unique this NPC has, w/ a certain game mechanic & all that this NPC has.

So, far, some 30 hours in and all - yes, I'm really enjoying this game a ton. And it doesn't even feel like I've totally scratched the surface of this big & sprawling epic here, even after these 30 hours or so, in which this feeling just feels so out of both the Dragon Age: Origins and Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 playbook here.

Nope. It won't boot. Dad took it apart and all of that mess - and put it back together. He's handy and good w/ stuff like that. Threw some paste on, as GPU and CPU had NONE; it got worn out. We got it on a few times and also booted, but KB wasn't working, but...it's no longer going on now. Kind of given up on a gaming laptop, for the time being, TBH.

It'll probably take my old Acer Laptop dying (which is where I stick a lot of my older games, as 4gb 960m is not modern really anymore and not good for modern titles), for me to really want to flat-out buy new gaming laptop. Sure, I'm still looking at prices and deals - hell, I always do; I love Window-shopping and Internet-Window shopping - but I'm not in a rush now. I really want a decent CPU, GPU, SSD, and RAM on a laptop, if I'm tossing money at a gaming laptop; and am looking for a real steal of a deal (i.e. like what I did w/ both the Acer Nitro 960m and SC15 laptops, basically buying them at half price).

RAM counts are so low in the up to $1000 range often (i.e. 8GB often) for gaming laptops - it's depressing. I really don't want to or like taking these things apart (i.e. they're laptops & they're small!); they ain't desktops. Desktops at least feel like they have breathing room, if you're tinkering w/ them. You'd think, they would even be at least 12GB or so (even if that's an oddball number and not ideal for timings - as it's best to pair say 2x8 and go dual channel); it's just that 8GB just seems too low to me, for modern gaming.

Bought a $500 laptop just to jump online w/ and to keep stuff low-powered not for gaming and for when I'm moving all around the house - as my Acer doesn't have a built-in SSD (i.e. it's old and boots slow; that has a mechanical old-school HDD). I got a lot of older games and GFN (GeForce Now) sitting on that PC, for when I ain't home.

Not travelling that much and my 3070 desktop's slaughtering everything at 1080p (well, except WD: Legion and Cyberpunk 2077) - makes it easier to not care as much about a real gaming laptop right now.
anakin-come-over-to-my-house.jpg

I thought from this equation that they’d removed uplay requirements from FC3. Thanks for getting my hopes up for nothing, MysterD.

Also what the frig would “free factorial” even mean?
Unless games are released w/ DRM-FREE versions on GOG - I'd doubt many games would get their UPlay requirements removed.

All these modern games leaning into proprietary systems like Steam, Uplay, Origin, etc - yep, all this stuff w/ Cloud Saves, Multiplayer, phone-homes behind our backs at certain events/times/ etc (like Might & Magic X did), etc etc - that unless they really re-work them to work offline in full...eh, I don't see much of a future in some of these titles, even if there are single-player campaigns.

This gives dev's and pub's more control over games we bought - and likely, they'll probably try to remaster them again, IF they were popular before and/or they really want to try to get a franchise over and a 2nd chance...and hope we'll REBUY them AGAIN.

We saw how broken SP-game Might & Magic 10 was, once UPlay pulled the plug on that one. And we've also heard issues w/ NFS: The Run and any Autolog games, now that those have been pulled from EA for the MP portion and Autolog portion.

When I clicked the get it button, it just tells me it's a demo. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or it got fixed?

Such sad & heartbreaking news over Omar/Chalky White. He was also really good in Lovecraft Country too. Severely underrated actor. :(

RIP, Michael Kenneth Williams.

I started playing through all of the games in the Racial Justice bundle about a year ago just hit the 25% completion point with 240 out of 967 games played and a blurb written about each one.  Took about six months off in the middle there to slum with AAA titles developed by paid professionals.  Ugh, so mainstream.

"Completion" being defined as I installed and played around with it for a little bit, tried to complete a few levels, etc.  Not actually finished all these games.  God no. 

The combination of a store exclusive that also precludes owners of the original receiving a free or discounted remaster is quite the anti-consumer achievement.
Different-store selling really didn't stop Io Interactive from coming up w/ ways to allow people to import Steam-versions of say Hitman 1 & 2 content into Hitman 3 on Epic. You basically had to do all of this via Io's own online system and service w/ their IOI Account thing, to enable this stuff.

So, yeah; it can be done, if the company wants to do such a thing - i.e. give discounts or whatever entitlements via other means, if they do some store hopping stuff.

Also...most gamers can just wait for the market to correct itself by either waiting for the game to end-up cheap in a sale on Epic; wait for it to hit Steam (if it does) and get it cheap over there; hope it winds up in a Bundle somewhere like Humble Choice or something; and/or get the game for free on Epic if it ever winds up an Epic freebie.

Heck, SR: The Third Remastered was recently free on Epic; and Control [base-game] was even free on Epic Store before.

Would've been nice if say owners of ME Trilogy on Origin w/ all of the DLC Packs for ME2+3 got ME:LE at a discount on Origin - but yeah, EA didn't do that. They did do a huge discount on Origin for Burnout: Paradise Remastered for owners of B:p TUB though.

These companies are NOT our friends. This is a business. They're here to make $, first & foremost - namely so they can get rich and also make more games to make us spend more $.

If not for Epic we probably wouldn't even be getting the Alan Wake remaster (and a rumored sequel). So yeah, I just can't muster up the energy to get upset that they're keeping it exclusive to their store.

ah christ i just bought the weeb game from gmg and it said they're temporarily out of keys. like, i'm not dying to play it now, the ascent is finally playable with the latest patch, but i kinda wanted to preload it. dammit let me download my big tiddie anime girls!

If not for Epic we probably wouldn't even be getting the Alan Wake remaster (and a rumored sequel). So yeah, I just can't muster up the energy to get upset that they're keeping it exclusive to their store.
I don't know if it's an Epic forever exclusive, but I do hope it's a Timed Exclusive for say 6 months or a year, so it can actually hit Steam, GOG, etc...similar to what Control, did.

You know, if Epic's throwing a ton of $ and whatnot at them, given how much they make off stuff like Fortnite and their own engine - sure, I'd get why they (Remedy) are taking the $. I'd want Epic to fund me big time or in full or so, if I was going exclusive to their store w/ my own game, for a certain time-slotted amount.

Me, as a consumer, might not like this exclusive crap (never did, as it shuts some gamers out from playing it, even if for a short time) - but I do get why dev's and pub's would take it. Game development and marketing for AAA stuff can't be cheap.

Wow, that's a heck of a title to make free! That's great for those missing it!

Made sure I got my Epic copy of Nioh 1 Complete just in case, even though I bought it for like $12 ago from Humble for a Steam key, few months ago or so, when it was on sale.

Have not download/installed, not played, nothing (for Steam-version that I bought).

Oh, well.... [shrug]

bread's done
Back