Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Also regarding the GTA trilogy, if you still have the older ones the mods aren't bad for the trilogy as well as GTA 4 + DLC (to be able to not use the Rockstar social club is good). Some make things look better, have bugs squashed and for GTA 3, which I'm playing again and controls are slippery but it's fun, you can have XBOX console enhancements. GTA 3 isn't amazing, but it's still fun and causing some mayhem with story bits here and there is good. I really didn't play these much before other than Vice City, San Andreas and a good portion of GTA 4.

Also a random update playing Banners of Ruin again after some updates and beating it before, the game kind of is just OK. The difficulty is hard at times, and some characters abilities rarely work because the enemy has a full formation. This makes the Rabbit's trap ability and Beaver's construction ability near worthless at times. Frankly this one feels too slow and is missing something. I enjoyed it a lot less than the last time I played it, and I'm likely retiring it without beating the biggest bad (got to him but lost). Likely about a 6/10 now, which is good enough, but feels flawed. Worth it bundled, but I wouldn't buy it alone.

GTA Classic Trilogy is awesome. 

GTA Classic Trilogy and GTA 4 - get the downgraders and get modding to whatever you want/need. Plenty of guides (on Steam, the Net, etc) and mods out there on how to do all of that.

For GTA4 in particular - After downgrading and modding, there's another key step...provided you have a Vulkan-supported GPU. If you do have a Vulkan-supported GPU, go get DXVK. GTA4 is a poor technical PC port and does run like junk (namely in DX), but DXVK fixes a TON of performance problems and can really improve performance greatly, as there's way less layers & more modernizing in Vulkan, which can help out some old games and any other DX limitations.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're now talking about timing the market like dealing with speculative commodities versus standard issue products...

Day trading GPU chips instead of blue chips.
I'll stick with blue chips, thanks. GPUs make terrible nachos.

7c8d564027a966bfa06a8716960f173d.jpg

For the previous year it's been:

1) 3080 or bust!

2) buy a new console

3) 3070 for $499 hahahaha good luck with that

4) buy a prebuilt with a 3070 or 3080

When you get through that list and everything still sucks then it's time to wait. It makes zero sense to be buying old tech / low-end for $400-$600 for a single component.
I did option 4 w/ a 3070 last year during Black Friday from CyberPower PC directly and the card was MSRP ($500) plus $100 off on the day I picked the card (A Daily Special).

I was in need of an entire new desktop PC luckily. My builds were looking around $1500-2200, just to do it myself; and I couldn't even get a damn video card. I gave up, when I saw MSRP for cards in CyberPower's PC.

No regrets back then and certainly even more so now w/ going w/ CyberPower, given how insane & ridiculous this whole entire ordeal is for just trying find a card and also buy a card itself. Was almost $1700, with a % off coupon and also with like $600 saved in every other part that I selected on that build II configured and some other free extras that was tossed in.

I feel bad for anyone ONLY needing a say GPU here, as those are in the worst situation - b/c they don't need a new builds entirely, but could probably do a build somewhere (like say CyberPower, IBuyPower, etc) and actually finally find a damn card...but still not really need the rest of the darn PC.

EDIT:

Google Stadia Premiere Edition is $22, discounted from $80.

https://store.google.com/product/stadia

Or, if you spend $30+ on a game, you get a Stadia Premiere with it. For example, pay $30 for Cyberpunk 2077 and a Stadia.

https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/11398635
GameStop before had a retail-box deal for Cyberpunk 2077 for PC for $18 before (no game-disc, activate the key on GOG). That deal needs to happen again, since it's easily worth $18 to own and also be able to run DRM-FREE locally on your rig.

It’s really too bad that Google couldn’t have partnered with Steam on something like Stadia. I’m not super interested in Stadia, but not because I don’t think game streaming is the future (it probably is), but because I don’t want to pay for games that I’ll lose access to in a year or two when Google completely drops Stadia.

If I were able to buy games that stayed in my Steam library but were supported by Stadia, I’d be throwing money at Google. All of these different stores for different products on PC are so damn off-putting … Origin, Ubi-whatever, GOG, Rockstar Launcher, Game Pass, Battlenet, Epic… then you add on the layer of things like Oculus and Stadia … I’ll probably look back 10 years from now and be shocked at the amount of money I wasted on games I can no longer play because their platforms have shut down and left absolutely nothing to show for it.

It’s really too bad that Google couldn’t have partnered with Steam on something like Stadia. I’m not super interested in Stadia, but not because I don’t think game streaming is the future (it probably is), but because I don’t want to pay for games that I’ll lose access to in a year or two when Google completely drops Stadia.

If I were able to buy games that stayed in my Steam library but were supported by Stadia, I’d be throwing money at Google. All of these different stores for different products on PC are so damn off-putting … Origin, Ubi-whatever, GOG, Rockstar Launcher, Game Pass, Battlenet, Epic… then you add on the layer of things like Oculus and Stadia … I’ll probably look back 10 years from now and be shocked at the amount of money I wasted on games I can no longer play because their platforms have shut down and left absolutely nothing to show for it.
Look at Rocket League and now Fall Guys for PC. Epic bought them out and you need or soon will need a Epic account just to play the games you bought on Steam. On rocket league, I lost access to paid DLC for cars. Some were restored but I'd have to link my Steam and Epic accounts. No thanks.

If I had known the devs would sell out Fall Guys (what a flash in the pan game there) to Epic, I would have never bought it on Steam even with peer pressure to join friends.

Forza Horizon 5.

I'm almost 6 hours into Forza Horizon 5, checking it out on Xbox for PC Game Pass and all.

So far, it's great. It really feels like I can go around a street and a block...and there's something to do. Another race is over there. A barn with a hidden special car to find. It's always something, as there's always something around every block or corner, so it seems. There was plenty of this even in Forza Horizon 3, but it feels like it's even more packed w/ stuff than before. Definitely feels like this game's taking the "kitchen sink" approach here, throwing anything & everything at you.

With so much to do, it's also really addictive as you often have that feeling of doing "Just one more race" or "find one more car"...and then it turns into many more than that. Constantly leveling-up; getting new perks & skills; new jackpot wheels to spin to hope you win an awesome car on the in-game slot machine random-wheel of sorts; etc etc - it feels like this racing party is never going to end.

Cars looks great & feel great; everything's super-smooth. I should note, I'm using the old-school USB-wired Xbox 360 Gamepad for Windows here. The terrain, the game-world (Mexico) and whatnot is awesome. I am running this here at 1080p with everything maxed-out & RT is on here, all on its highest setting except MSAA; MSAA is set only at 2x. I am getting 60fps no problem on this game, as long as I don't crank MSAA above 2x (which then puts in the 45fps to 60fps range).

This might be the most addictive open-world racer I've played in a while, probably since TDU2 on PC. 

Forza Horizon 5.

I'm almost 6 hours into Forza Horizon 5, checking it out on Xbox for PC Game Pass and all.

So far, it's great. It really feels like I can go around a street and a block...and there's something to do. Another race is over there. A barn with a hidden special car to find. It's always something, as there's always something around every block or corner, so it seems. There was plenty of this even in Forza Horizon 3, but it feels like it's even more packed w/ stuff than before. Definitely feels like this game's taking the "kitchen sink" approach here, throwing anything & everything at you.

With so much to do, it's also really addictive as you often have that feeling of doing "Just one more race" or "find one more car"...and then it turns into many more than that. Constantly leveling-up; getting new perks & skills; new jackpot wheels to spin to hope you win an awesome car on the in-game slot machine random-wheel of sorts; etc etc - it feels like this racing party is never going to end.

Cars looks great & feel great; everything's super-smooth. I should note, I'm using the old-school USB-wired Xbox 360 Gamepad for Windows here. The terrain, the game-world (Mexico) and whatnot is awesome. I am running this here at 1080p with everything maxed-out & RT is on here, all on its highest setting except MSAA; MSAA is set only at 2x. I am getting 60fps no problem on this game, as long as I don't crank MSAA above 2x (which then puts in the 45fps to 60fps range).

This might be the most addictive open-world racer I've played in a while, probably since TDU2 on PC.

Where's the RT option? I set to ultra when I installed it and am running >120 fps at 1440 on my 6800xt. From your numbers compared to mine it looks like RT isn't on with ultra by default.

Where's the RT option? I set to ultra when I installed it and am running >120 fps at 1440 on my 6800xt. From your numbers compared to mine it looks like RT isn't on with ultra by default.
It's way down the bottom in the graphics options. Look for "Ray-Tracing Quality".

Keep in mind that RT applies only to the garage viewer modes and not the open-world. There is/was a mod to use it in-game but supposedly an update screwed it up.

FH 5 Cheap Ass Gamer Ranking: "We are actually talking about a game" 10 out of 10!
I still need to put my thoughts up about how good Greedfall is. Not sure if everybody here has tried that yet. I did check it out on Game Pass and need to give it more time.

Game Pass is up for me soon and I probably won't re-up, so....I'll probably have to buy it eventually, if I don't get back on Game Pass.

I still need to put my thoughts up about how good Greedfall is. Not sure if everybody here has tried that yet. I did check it out on Game Pass and need to give it more time.

Game Pass is up for me soon and I probably won't re-up, so....I'll probably have to buy it eventually, if I don't get back on Game Pass.
Any thoughts on the DLC? Worth it or more of the same?

You liked it? I put a number of hours in and left it thinking it was just a sort of off-brand Risen.

You liked it?
From what I played so far: yes. Nowhere close to done, as 6 1/2 hours barely scratched the surface.

Seems like since Mars: War Logs (that's good, but it's got lots of issues), Spiders just keeps improving w/ each game, IMHO.

I really liked the Technomancer, too - that was quite good, w/ much better production values for better writing, dialogue & voice-acting; and there's less backtracking.

Greedfall is even better than Technomancer, so far. I also like the UI when doing the BioWare strategic-pause menu, which is so much cleaner & more sorted...especially compared to most, for trying to quick-access stuff w/ item using, weapon switching, etc.

I really like what they do w/ their settings, too - I liked Mars: War Logs' penal colony on Mars; Technomancer's sci-fi/futuristic setting (which is also in the Mars: WL Universe); and Greedfall's Colonial setting is really different than what most games and RPG's would aim for too. They seem to aim more for than the usual standard CRPG traditional fantasy and typical sci-fi settings; there's some kind of twist or different take or something to their stuff.

You liked it? I put a number of hours in and left it thinking it was just a sort of off-brand Risen.
Risen was really good. Though, I thought ELEX was great and actually their best stuff since Gothic 1; it's just that game's setting and some of the stuff there (i.e. jet-packs, guns, sci-fi/post-apoc' world) seemed like a nice change from the typical medieval-fantasy stuff they do w/ their other games (Gothic and Risen series).

Sure, Risen series was really good - I liked the original game the best of the bunch; and really enjoyed the pirate-y stuff in Risen 2; and Risen 3 is more of the same goodness of the past 2 games put together (a mix of fantasy stuff and pirate-y stuff).

I also think combat's a lot smoother & more interesting in Greedfall, as opposed to say Risen games; especially Risen 2 & 3. Risen 2 and 3, their controls are a learning curve and a half (especially after Risen 1, since it has an unlocked camera); and also Risen games are much more difficult (well, at least early-on in Greedfall at its default, it don't seem hard...at least not yet).

EDIT:

I'm glad to see AA studios and those not AAA, holding stuff down...especially BioWare really ain't making these type of games that well anymore, since a good deal of that studio ain't there anymore. While I hope BW can get their crap together w/ DA4, it's nice to see Piranha keep churning out really good stuff (as usual) and Spiders actually come into their own lately.

Played two Gamepass games and didn't feel great about either of them.

First I played Call of the Sea, which is a first person adventure puzzle game mixed with a walking simulator at times. I liked the story enough at the beginning, but lost interest in reading a million notes and seeing the once a chapter letter explaining stuff with a cutscene. Honestly this was an OK game with great narration and really decent graphics being an indie game. The puzzles were alright at first, but the last one in particular was torturous and tedious. I looked up a walkthrough for that one and one other one I had no idea what to do. The story got hokey and was predictable in the last chapters. Overall it's better than average, but not amazing. Finished after about 3 and a half hours or so. 6/10

Next I played Echo Generation. This game sucks. It's an RPG with little story, trying to copy a Stranger Things world where you play a brother/sister who has a sister and gets some other guys as well. It plays a bit like the Mario & Luigi games with timing for attacks being important. This game is so deterministic it's not funny. Every time you level up you choose to get health/strength/points, which are needed. Grinding is the name of this game. Every time you time your attack correctly it always does the max damage. Very, very predictable and boring. You also have timing in defending in battles. There is voxel graphics, which are average, and an 80s soundtrack, which is also average. I don't know how this game got good marks in places. It feels very generic and the battle system is slow making for a boring experience overall. Overall I could care less about anyone and just felt like giving up when a boss was tough and required grinding in places that have limited spawns that repopulate over a while. Not worth it. 5/10

What I've played of Greedfall, I liked.  Enough to buy it on Steam when it was around $6 from DLGamer a ways back.  That said, it's a Spiders RPG; solid B-Tier with plenty of Spiders jank.  The best reason to play it is if the Pike & Shot era colonialist setting sounds interesting to you versus yet more mish-mashed Medieval/Renaissance era high fantasy.  I'm sure it'll be in a Humble at some point and am frankly surprised it hasn't landed there yet given how low the key price has gotten.

When I bought on Steam, it found and transferred my Game Pass save data so anyone with GP can try it there without worrying about starting over if they wind up getting it for-keeps later on.

Greedfall.

When I bought on Steam, it found and transferred my Game Pass save data so anyone with GP can try it there without worrying about starting over if they wind up getting it for-keeps later on.
That's excellent news, Syntax. Thanks for that.

We never know w/ Game Pass w/ saves working b/t Xbox for PC and trying to move it over to Steam. Some work and some don't. Glad to hear that this is definitely one of those that do work.

Played two Gamepass games and didn't feel great about either of them.

First I played Call of the Sea...
My recollection of the game was that the first 2/3 was strong and the last 1/3 was a drag. I don't think I had much issue with [customspoiler=End Game Spoiler]the constellation puzzle[/customspoiler], but [customspoiler=Late Game Spoiler]the symbols and murals puzzle[/customspoiler] a chapter or two prior was a major pain in the ass. Decent enough game overall, though.

For those that played Scarlet Nexus and/or Nier Automata (both on PC Game Pass), how do y'all like those?

Nier is pretty good, provided you don't mind having to [customspoiler=Light Spoilers]repeat significant portions of the game in order to see it all the way through to the true ending[/customspoiler].

For those that played Scarlet Nexus and/or Nier Automata (both on PC Game Pass), how do y'all like those?
Nier is good. I only played the demo of Scarlet Nexus, and while I like the combat conceptually, it feels like in actual execution it’ll get old real fast, and the characters weren’t interesting enough in that intro mission to make me care.

Nier is good. I only played the demo of Scarlet Nexus, and while I like the combat conceptually, it feels like in actual execution it’ll get old real fast, and the characters weren’t interesting enough in that intro mission to make me care.
I liked Nier, but the UI is pretty janky(maybe that's just Japan rpg issue?) and given that jankiness, I didn't really want to play it 6 more times to get the other endings...

Replicant is pretty good, but Automata has improved mechanics and a better story.

My girlfriend loves the Nier series. I think her kink is experiencing depressing things...which explains why she's dating me.

My girlfriend loves the Nier series. I think her kink is experiencing depressing things...which explains why she's dating me.
Almost skipped over this post because I saw game talk... So I'm pointing out the self-deprecating humor so no one else misses it.

GreenManGaming

F.E.A.R. Pack -> Steam = $6.60

This pack includes:

- F.E.A.R.: Ultimate Edition
(includes F.E.A.R. (base); F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point; & F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate)

- F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

- F.E.A.R. 3

Gamersgate:

Red Dead Redemption 2 -> Rockstar Game Launcher DRM = $27.99 $29.09.

Update - 12:03pm EST:

On Reddit, Gamersgate mentioned they had to change the price. Not sure if that came from Rockstar or Take 2; or from Gamersgate themselves.

What are the odds that New World gets some kind of discount in the upcoming Steam Winter sale … I’m hoping it gets at least $5 off … been wanting to pick up a copy.

It's disappointing that Tony Hawk still isn't on Steam over a year later. At this point, I wonder if it's a permanent exclusive

bread's done
Back