Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Some Gamepass games impressions.

Dandy Ace - Very generic. Feel like Hades crossed with Dead Cells. Both those games rock and this one just is very average. The voice acting is okay enough, but very corny, and the graphics are colorful and alright, but lack details especially for enemies and attacks. Everything just feels undercooked. I played for about an hour and would only get this one bundled. 5.5/10

Immortal Realms Vampire Wars - Played about 40 minutes. This one is a decent enough turn based empire building trying to accomplish a goal to end the mission game. Everything felt like it required one or 2 extra steps to do like adding units to a party. I only completed the 1st mission but I was done with it. I feel games like Disciples or Kings Bounty do this a bit better. Everything just feels a bit complicated and not clean. I didn't like the battle system at all, which felt like a bad Final Fantasy Tactics. Just very meh to me. 5/10

Solasta: Crown of the Magister - Played about an hour. This one felt alright though I got a bit confused making characters. I believe this in a CRPG with a D&D 5E rules implementation. I played the tutorials mainly leading up to how the party members ended up in the Tavern. The graphics are very average for character models, but quite decent for backgrounds and such. I thought the dialogue was OK, but felt a bit amateur. Overall if I wasn't bum rushing to try out a bunch of games I'd likely stick with this one. It had a simple enough but solid battle system and seemed to have a lot going on skills wise. I will play this one again once it's bundled somewhere, or when I finish trying out about another 15 games. 7/10

The Riftbreaker - Played about 40 minutes. Now this one I felt was an extremely clunky cross between RTS and action RPG I guess. It was a nightmare controlling it with the Xbox Series X controller. You pretty much can build from menus and then go back and be able to slash a sword and shoot. Base building was nightmarish and extremely clunky especially for mining minerals and the power grid game. I wasn't able to beat the 1st mission and grew bored of the game quickly. The graphics were excellent though. It might control better with a keyboard and mouse, but I just didn't like how slow and clunky everything felt building up the base. Just wasn't my type of game. 5.5/10

SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest - Played about 40 minutes. I always feel these games are neat crosses between RTS and TBS. The graphics were clean and it was relatively easy to manage units. I thought the UI was a bit clunky, but nothing terrible. Overall it felt clean and likely had an OK story. Graphics and sounds are both just average. 6/10

Yes Your Grace - Played about an hour and a half. I liked this one to an extent. You pretty much play as a king and make decisions to last as long as possible. Stuff happens early on and you have to figure out how to survive making allies and all while visiting to everyone including your family. This one gets extra clunky points from the UI and walking around. There is OK music, and the pixel graphics are a bit average. This feels very similar to Reigns except with more micro management. I ended up losing by not making enough gold and going in the negative. I  was already getting tired of the loop though and I hated walking around the castle. Overall It's nothing amazing and I feel Reigns did it better with a lot less micro management. 6/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Disagree with Riftbreaker. Game is great mix of RTS and Tower Defense. I bought it on PC though and use KB/M. Demo is on Steam and GoG.

Did anyone see a 9.99 Mass Effect Legendary price glitch? Saw it on the front page, but must have been caught fast. That would have been nice after paying a ridiculous amount for dlc.

Did anyone see a 9.99 Mass Effect Legendary price glitch? Saw it on the front page, but must have been caught fast. That would have been nice after paying a ridiculous amount for dlc.
Yeah I saw it and was trying to get that too. I think my luck ran out after getting the mount and blade deal.

Solasta: Crown of the Magister - Played about an hour. This one felt alright though I got a bit confused making characters. I believe this in a CRPG with a D&D 5E rules implementation.
It is, and it's the most accurate 5e rules you'll find in a CRPG right now. But that's probably the best reason to play it and, if that doesn't interest you, you're likely better off with one of the better known recent CRPG revival games. I liked it, though I tend to have a soft spot for janky RPGs (see Greedfall, Operencia, et al.) and this has jank in spades. Although the voice acting itself is, at best, passable I did like how my bitchy halfling rogue pretty well captured the mood of my "real life" bitchy halfling bard who she was modeled after. Some of the dialogue and interactions had me well amused.

It was a good, fun game but not a great game. If someone was only going to play one CRPG in their life they should certainly pick the Pathfinder games or one of the other lauded titles. But for a decent game that feels like a 5e game but without dealing with real life D&D Beyond or Roll20 weirdos, I thought it did an admirable job.

Missed it. :(

And the Bannerlord glitch too. :(

EDIT:

About Mass Effect series - I own all the old editions and their DLC's (ME1,2,3) - but man, I would've loved to see how much they improved ME1 combat-wise there. Not sure how much you can really improve ME2 and ME3 gameplay-wise & combat-wise.

DLC's are great for ME2 and ME3.

Saw an article that said New World will be $29.99 on Steam starting today … even with some of the bad press about endgame … I’m jumping in!

So here’s a Steam Deck quandary … I’m thinking of buying Diablo II while it’s on sale … but I’m torn on which platform. I’ve been debating Switch, PC or Xbox … with the portability of the Switch or Steam Deck being appealing. With that said, it seems like there’s debate over Battle.net/Blizzard working with the Steam Deck …

And it occurs to me that the Series X might be able to stream Diablo onto the Steam Deck, giving me the best of both worlds. Any thoughts on the best route to take?

Another idea: what about installing Windows 10 on Steam Deck?
True, but I’ve heard there are still concerns with Battle.net in the same way that games like Destiny or other games that need a constant connection plus have security features may not work with Steam Deck.

Windows 10 + Xbox streaming might work … need to see if Diablo can be streamed though …

True, but I’ve heard there are still concerns with Battle.net in the same way that games like Destiny or other games that need a constant connection plus have security features may not work with Steam Deck.

Windows 10 + Xbox streaming might work … need to see if Diablo can be streamed though …
Diablo 2 seems likely to go on sale for cheaper on console down the line whereas the PC version probably won't get a deep discount unless it eventually goes to Steam (Battlenet store sales aren't usually great). Good news is that at least your save can be used cross-platform.

Any of you played both Forza Horizon 4 and 5? All of this FH5 talk got me interested, but I see that FH4 is on sale for $20, so may get that instead. Curious if FH5 is that much better than 4.

Any of you played both Forza Horizon 4 and 5? All of this FH5 talk got me interested, but I see that FH4 is on sale for $20, so may get that instead. Curious if FH5 is that much better than 4.
Played a whole bunch of FH5 and less than a dozen hours of FH4. They're largely similar gameplay/story/mode-wise, but the map in FH5 is larger and just so much more fun to explore. FH5 looks better at highest settings but also requires a beefier setup (specifically a decent modern CPU, at least six cores). FH5 also has has some notable bugs that need fixing: Online is improved from launch but still iffy, and there are issues with Ultra textures, Anisotropic Filtering and SSAO.

Should also be mentioned that I've seen complaints about the Steam version of FH4 having stuttering that isn't present in the Game Pass version. Didn't play it on Steam but I did play on Game Pass and even on a 4C/4T ancient CPU it was stutter free at 1080P High/Ultra. Thought about picking it up on Steam so I'd have it even after it gets de-listed but I don't know if the stuttering ever got fixed, so YMMV.

EDIT: Also, it's nothing to realistically worry about, but I hope Playground puts more effort into the story and writing of their upcoming Fable game than they do for the Forza games. Because the "How do you do, fellow kids?" vibes from these two games is just way too overwhelming.

If there was a ranking of "Genres that I would love to get into but simply can't get into", CRPG would be at the top, followed closely by deckbuilder.
It's funny but the older (lazier?) I get, the less I find myself being able to get into traditional CRPGs. When I was younger I played them all the time, especially stuff like the AD&D Gold Box series. Maybe the advent of technology of 3D graphics and pewpew open world shooters has devolved my tastes.

It's funny but the older (lazier?) I get, the less I find myself being able to get into traditional CRPGs. When I was younger I played them all the time, especially stuff like the AD&D Gold Box series. Maybe the advent of technology of 3D graphics and pewpew open world shooters has devolved my tastes.
For me it's lazier. Excessive micromanagement is maybe the biggest turn-off for me in a game these days and it seems like a staple of the genre. Which is a shame because the story and writing of games like DOS2 sounds terrific. Makes me glad that Disco Elysium sounds like a CRPG that's all of the good with none of the bad.

Played a whole bunch of FH5 and less than a dozen hours of FH4. They're largely similar gameplay/story/mode-wise, but the map in FH5 is larger and just so much more fun to explore. FH5 looks better at highest settings but also requires a beefier setup (specifically a decent modern CPU, at least six cores). FH5 also has has some notable bugs that need fixing: Online is improved from launch but still iffy, and there are issues with Ultra textures, Anisotropic Filtering and SSAO.

Should also be mentioned that I've seen complaints about the Steam version of FH4 having stuttering that isn't present in the Game Pass version. Didn't play it on Steam but I did play on Game Pass and even on a 4C/4T ancient CPU it was stutter free at 1080P High/Ultra. Thought about picking it up on Steam so I'd have it even after it gets de-listed but I don't know if the stuttering ever got fixed, so YMMV.

EDIT: Also, it's nothing to realistically worry about, but I hope Playground puts more effort into the story and writing of their upcoming Fable game than they do for the Forza games. Because the "How do you do, fellow kids?" vibes from these two games is just way too overwhelming.
Cool thanks for the write up. My computer is almost 10 years old so the difference between the two seems more negligible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is how I feel about point and click adventures. I loved them when I was younger but now when I get stumped I'm more tempted in pulling up a walkthrough than puzzling through it on my own. Doesn't stop me from buying them though!

Did the Stadia deal for the free bundle with $30 game. Since it was my first purchase I got $10 off and got RE8 for $20 and still got the free bundle. 

I'm pretty shocked how good RE8 looks. When I tried Stadia and Luna in the past the visual quality never seemed great. I recently tried xcloud on my PC and that looked much better. I'm not sure if something changed or maybe I had a setting wrong or something, but RE8 looks great.

Game's really fun too. I finished the second section last night and that is probably the scariest section of any RE game. There was no combat, just simple puzzles and lots of creepy shit. 

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced.

HD Art Pack (version 1.0) by Beamdog Released:

News over on Steam.

BeamDog's File Page.

- Installer for the HD Art Pack (version 1.0).

- ZIP file for HD Art Pack (version 1.0). Just unzip to NWN:EE folder properly.

SIDE NOTE: The files all are for OVR folder (Override Folder). Might wanna back the OVR folder before-hand, before putting these files in there. Sure, they look nice - but expect a performance hit for using them. And some are complaining the new pack's causing issues w/ certain modules. 

I feel as I grow older I'm way less patient with games and some other things in general too like books and TV series/Anime. For CRPGs and just RPGS in general I sometimes roll my eyes now at stat allocation, grinding and all these interesting battle systems. This isn't even mentioning padding upon padding and some stories that take forever to get going. I just get bored a lot easier. I'm likely cancelling my Gamepass because I don't beat games often, so it's more of a try before you buy service for me. The last RPG I really liked enough sans some wonky storytelling was Trials of Mana. There was stat allocation and all, but it was relatively straightforward and had a more action packed battle system. I don't mean to insult anyone btw when I give my quick impressions. Some games do feel horrible, but most of the ones I try are good for someone. I just don't get that excited anymore and it takes a lot to really impress me now.

For CRPGs and just RPGS in general I sometimes roll my eyes now at stat allocation, grinding and all these interesting battle systems. This isn't even mentioning padding upon padding and some stories that take forever to get going. I just get bored a lot easier. I'm likely cancelling my Gamepass because I don't beat games often, so it's more of a try before you buy service for me.
I feel like for this reason in particular and especially for those genres, Game Pass has been a terrific service and makes me want to keep it even more. It's so easy now to bounce off a game once I start to feel like it's not clicking. Two in particular within the last year were Dragon Quest XI and Wasteland 3. Both games I had on my Steam wishlist, both games I tried on Game Pass, both games that I ditched once I realized I was spending way too much time doing insignificant things. I buy either game on Steam and I feel like I need to keep pushing forward to justify the purchase. But with Game Pass my impatience is no longer an issue.

Honestly, if you don't need to be playing the newest thing there's not a big difference between Horizon 4 and Horizon 5.

Honestly, if you don't need to be playing the newest thing there's not a big difference between Horizon 4 and Horizon 5.
They are both realistic looking driving games, they are on game pass for pc I think the biggest draw of horizon 5 is new courses? I didn’t play either game for more than an hour because there was no way to shoot at the other cars. I’d rather play gta but that isn’t forzas fault

I've been jumping back and forth between CRPGs and open world games for the past few years too. Lately, I've been doing more open world, but I do love a good grind and have a hard time restraining myself from trying to be a completionist...and those take up sooo much time. Heck, I'm just now getting around to finishing up Skyrim.

DOS2 is a special game. I think it rises above your typical RPG/Strat game in every way. The writing and the world are both fantastic. The choices it allows you to make in your approach to, well, everything... are nearly endless. I've got a soft-spot for the Pillars of Eternity series too, thanks to some great writing. It's a lot more serious and a more traditional CRPG in every way, but it's one of the best, imo. 

I still can't get into deckbuilders. I know that's a popular genre, but none of them have clicked with me well enough to allow me to give it a chance.

Some extra spicy Black Friday deals:

Leisure Suit Larry Artbook - ?EMN2-L8BW7-X7W87

Leisure Suit Larry Soundtrack 1 - ?L9BW-0PB6M-VAQFD

Leisure Suit Larry Soundtrack 2 - ?LNLG-HY7D2-A0AVP

? = The amount of action Wa1terSobchak will see this holiday weekend (hint - zero)

I still can't get into deckbuilders. I know that's a popular genre, but none of them have clicked with me well enough to allow me to give it a chance.
Have you tried Slay the Spire? That is widely considered the cream of the crop. If have tried that game, then I would say that your probably just don’t like the genre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been jumping back and forth between CRPGs and open world games for the past few years too. Lately, I've been doing more open world, but I do love a good grind and have a hard time restraining myself from trying to be a completionist...and those take up sooo much time. Heck, I'm just now getting around to finishing up Skyrim.

DOS2 is a special game. I think it rises above your typical RPG/Strat game in every way. The writing and the world are both fantastic. The choices it allows you to make in your approach to, well, everything... are nearly endless. I've got a soft-spot for the Pillars of Eternity series too, thanks to some great writing. It's a lot more serious and a more traditional CRPG in every way, but it's one of the best, imo.

Man, I really need to get into DOS1; and eventually buy DOS2.

Divine Divinity; Beyond Divinity; and Divinity 2 ED/DKS/DC Editions are all so underrated.

I did some silly digital shopping...

Gamesbillet:

- RE7
- DMC5 Virgil
- Total Warhammer DLC

Humble:
- FAR: Lone Sails
- DBZ: Kakarot
- Total Warhammer DLC
- Nioh: Complete Edition
- We Happy Few Digital Deluxe (thanks, toaster)

Steam
- Stronghold 2
- Divine Divinity
- Beyond Divinity
- Dragon Commander
- Divinity: Original Sin 2
- Voidspire Tactics
- Alvora Tactics
- Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Sunset Overdrive

All pretty much at record lows (or matching records low).  The Humble discount helped. 

I’m considering grabbing Episode I Racer for $2.22 from GameBillet, what are the odds it gets bundled between now and when I actually sit down to play it in 2027?

Gamebillet seems like it has great deals. I didn't get anything from them this sale (due to overspending on console stuff mainly) but have had good luck with them in the past. 

Gamebillet seems like it has great deals. I didn't get anything from them this sale (due to overspending on console stuff mainly) but have had good luck with them in the past.
It helps if you have a card that does foreign currencies at not additional cost. I use PayPal with such a card and get a slightly more favorable exchange rate, which makes the discounts just a little sweeter.

bread's done
Back