Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Steam keys

Automachef:
5XRZE-PN6*6-4FBPM

River City Ransom Underground:
GWJBT-92*HG-3T3V2

Rogue Heroes Ruins of Tasos:
HKJRM-7IKT5-?HMGT

Tower of Time:
XBRIV-0D7?6-0THGX

* = letter between P and R
? = number between 6 and 8

Unless there’s been some unannounced repurchase in the past few years, Bungie does not own Myth. I was a huge Myth fan when they lost the rights, I looked into it when it happened.

I think Oni is under Take Two, as well. Not sure whether Bungie retained Marathon or any of its other old IPs after the Microsoft acquisition.
Thanks for the info.

Also, sounds like Marathon IP is owned by Bungie, as when 343 took over, logos were removed from certain characters' outfits and stuff in the gameworld have logos in Halo series; and also some of these Marathon logs & references are in Destiny 2.

Sources:

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/ey47z0/who_owns_the_marathon_ip/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marathon/comments/ie49fn/anyone_know_who_owns_the_rights_to_marathon/

Steam keys

Automachef:
5XRZE-PN6*6-4FBPM

River City Ransom Underground:
GWJBT-92*HG-3T3V2

Rogue Heroes Ruins of Tasos:
HKJRM-7IKT5-?HMGT

Tower of Time:
XBRIV-0D7?6-0THGX

* = letter between P and R
? = number between 6 and 8
I will say thank you on behalf of the lurker who beat me to Rogue Heroes.

I will say thank you on behalf of the lurker who beat me to Rogue Heroes.
If by lurker you mean: anyone with Google or Bing.

IbQLkzG.png

I know we're all busy being disappointed by the new Hamble, but for those with Prime, the pickings are a bit slim this month, as well.

Stellaris (GOG)

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (Origin)

World War Z Aftermath (Epic)

Golazo! Soccer League

As Far As the Eye

Ashwalkers A Survival Journey

Double Kick Heroes

Fallen Order was on Prime sometime in just the past couple months, and if you claimed it then, you can't get another code now. World War Z expires on the 7th.

Unless there’s been some unannounced repurchase in the past few years, Bungie does not own Myth. I was a huge Myth fan when they lost the rights, I looked into it when it happened.

I think Oni is under Take Two, as well. Not sure whether Bungie retained Marathon or any of its other old IPs after the Microsoft acquisition.
Though I'm not positive on Marathon I believe Bungie own this. Myth and Oni are 100% owned by T2. Sony's purchase really only gives them Destiny and maybe Marathon in terms of IP that anyone cares about. I do think Destiny is big enough player wise for that to be a good decision on their part however. Destiny 2 stays multiplat, D3 will go PS and PC only I'd wager and whatever new IP Bungie is working on becomes Sony/PC exclusive. I think the big thing Sony is getting is Bungies tech. Their engine is proprietary and from what I hear is pretty incredible. Obviously tons of engines are incredibly advanced now and Sony has Decima as it's go to currently but I'd guess Decima is not up to snuff for a live service game, whereas Bungies engine is specifically designed for that. If Sony pulls Destiny + future Bungie works and gets all the tech behind one of the biggest live service games out there, that's a huge win for them at a fraction of the cost of MS' Activision purchase

So, I'm missing 8gb memory, 4gb free memory, 2gb graphic memory for minimum requirements of game. I played it of course it was crappy performance but if I were just to change out the 4gb to 8gb would that make a difference.

For a game whose marketing made such a big deal about its branching paths and how CHOICES MATTER, it sure sounds like Dying Light 2's story isn't much to write home about.

So, I'm missing 8gb memory, 4gb free memory, 2gb graphic memory for minimum requirements of game. I played it of course it was crappy performance but if I were just to change out the 4gb to 8gb would that make a difference.
Depends on the game, what your full current specs are, what resolution and settings you wanna use, etc. But generally 4GB RAM isn't enough for PC games these days unless you're talking about an indie title. 8GB should be the absolute minimum, 16GB preferred.

For some reason Humble gave me an extra key for the Story Pack DLC for One Piece Pirate Warriors 3. If anyone wants it PM me, but you have to already have the base game to redeem it

Edit: Gone

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on the game, what your full current specs are, what resolution and settings you wanna use, etc. But generally 4GB RAM isn't enough for PC games these days unless you're talking about an indie title. 8GB should be the absolute minimum, 16GB preferred.
Agreed.

Heck, even in 2013, 8GB RAM wasn't great on something like X Rebirth. B/c of that game, upgraded to 16 GB RAM instantly - as I was hitting a RAM limit. Ran tons better, once I did that.

I really don't know why some PC gamers are skimping on RAM, GPU's VRAM, and stuff of that sort - especially when they begin looking at buying taxing new & modern AAA open-world games like Dying Light 2. Modern AAA open-world games are taxing on systems always period.

Heck, 4GB VRAM was barely cutting it at 1080p w/ demanding & unoptimized games like Watch Dogs 1, Batman AK, and Dishonored 2.

For a game whose marketing made such a big deal about its branching paths and how CHOICES MATTER, it sure sounds like Dying Light 2's story isn't much to write home about.

Its a casual laptop, HP Notebook - 15-dy0082nr. Run just fine with some games not looking to play big games that I can play on consoles. I did a test on a random game that needs a minimum of 8gb. It ran but was crappy and did ran fine when resolution quality was at 0 and everything was off lol. Just wanted to know if I bought a 8gb ram it'll at least improve it to a certain point.

Just wanted to know if I bought a 8gb ram it'll at least improve it to a certain point.
More RAM will likely help. That said, it looks like it has a Intel Pentium Gold 4417U with integrated Intel HD graphics so obviously more RAM won't work miracles. It sounds like you're already well aware that it's limited though. If you can get another stick of RAM fairly cheap, I'd try it since it'll just overall benefit the laptop even if it doesn't give a big gaming boost.

4GB of VRAM isn't enough for modern gaming -- AMD
AMD's still right about "4GB of VRAM isn't enough for modern gaming." Don't care what kind of so-called "new" laptop-style chips they put on the desktop market, just to get some garbage out there for especially uninformed people to buy b/c any sort of GPU seems to sell now no matter how many arms, legs, or whatever they charge for it - even if they damn well know deep down that 4GB VRAM ain't cutting it anymore.

And it (4GB VRAM) ain't cutting it, as Dying Light 2 flat-out requires 1050 Ti 4GB VRAM as a bare minimum and recommends RTX 2060 with 6GB VRAM. You always want to be where the recommendation is, as it still usually runs good and looks good. Even Metro Exodus Enhanced flat-out requires RTX 2060, since it requires RT - in which that card comes w/ 6GB VRAM (that's a nice sweet spot of VRAM, for now).

Its a casual laptop, HP Notebook - 15-dy0082nr. Run just fine with some games not looking to play big games that I can play on consoles. I did a test on a random game that needs a minimum of 8gb. It ran but was crappy and did ran fine when resolution quality was at 0 and everything was off lol. Just wanted to know if I bought a 8gb ram it'll at least improve it to a certain point.
It might improve if you added more RAM, but is it worth it on that laptop for gaming? You really need a good GPU these days for modern games; especially in the AAA space. The GPU's the most important thing on a laptop or desktop for gaming, even more so than CPU. Sure, you can often say get away w/ a decent CPU and a lot of even cheap laptops come w/ a solid CPU, but you really need a killer GPU for modern gaming.

You especially want a good GPU in a laptop, since there is no way to get replacement mobile-GPU parts; it's not like Amazon, NewEgg, or anybody really sells mobile-GPU's either, which sucks. And it's not like they make these laptops so you can easily replace stuff like CPU or GPU easily yourself either. And it's not like every laptop-PC has say Thunderbolt3 or better so you can possible hook-up a small case to load w/ a desktop-GPU and PSU in there.

EDIT - What game were you actually trying to run on that casual laptop?

It might improve if you added more RAM, but is it worth it on that laptop for gaming? You really need a good GPU these days for modern games; especially in the AAA space. The GPU's the most important thing on a laptop or desktop for gaming, even more so than CPU. Sure, you can often say get away w/ a decent CPU and a lot of even cheap laptops come w/ a solid CPU, but you really need a killer GPU for modern gaming.

You especially want a good GPU in a laptop, since there is no way to get replacement mobile-GPU parts; it's not like Amazon, NewEgg, or anybody really sells mobile-GPU's either, which sucks. And it's not like they make these laptops so you can easily replace stuff like CPU or GPU easily yourself either. And it's not like every laptop-PC has say Thunderbolt3 or better so you can possible hook-up a small case to load w/ a desktop-GPU and PSU in there.

EDIT - What game were you actually trying to run on that casual laptop?
I wanted to try out honkai impact after playing genshin for So long. It requires 8gb as the minimum, like I said the games that require 4gb runs just fine which I have laptop connected to tv. I don't wanna spend hundreds and thousands, of money I dont have to play none AAA games and games we get free on epic store. It says I get an upgrade to a 8gb DDR4 2666MHz memory. Also im new to this stuff so that why I was asking and thanksful for the help

I wanted to try out honkai impact after playing genshin for So long. It requires 8gb as the minimum, like I said the games that require 4gb runs just fine which I have laptop connected to tv. I don't wanna spend hundreds and thousands, of money I dont have to play none AAA games and games we get free on epic store. It says I get an upgrade to a 8gb DDR4 2666MHz memory. Also im new to this stuff so that why I was asking and thanksful for the help
Given your laptop's model # and specs, it has an Intel UHD 610. And that integrated graphics cards are trash for anything modern. Integrated stuff is trash and a waste of time for any real gaming. See here - https://www.techcenturion.com/intel-uhd-graphics-610

Integrated-GPU's dip into your main RAM's pool, which definitely won't help matters, as you have only 4GB RAM - ouch. You're best off, having a real discrete mobile GPU in there - so you can have separate RAM buffers and VRAM buffers.

That game from 2021 flat-out requires GPU-wise a GTX 660 and recommends a 1060 card (which come in 3gb or 6gb VRAM flavors). In other words, it's basically 1060 card or better...or bust. You ain't gotta chance w/ that UHD 610 laptop unfortunately.

Heck, you'd be even better off w/ "meh" budget GTX 1650's or RTX 3050's than using any Intel integrated-GPU junk. And honestly, the budget xx50's ain't so hot either from Nvidia, as those lack VRAM w/ only even having a low 4GB VRAM on their GPU's respectively.

If you're playing stuff on that laptop - you should be playing old stuff or Indies that won't require the moon. Think stuff like Hotline Miami games. Think stuff like old games like NWN2, Arcanum, Fallout 1 and 2, etc etc.

EDIT - I get that you don't wanna spend $ and you got all these F2P games and probably stuff you grabbed from Epic for free - but to do modern PC gaming, it's all about having the $ here. You spend the $ on the hardware b/c you really have no choice, if you wanna do this right - so you've got to at least have a 4-6GB VRAM discrete GPU for modern games like Honkai. And if you play the cards right, you won't spend a ton on games or much at all; especially hanging out and watching deals on sites like CAG here, Slickdeals, and Reddit.

Here's a guy testing that thing with 24 GB of RAM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGa6shuHPSA

Lowest settings Witcher 3 gets like 11 fps, I guess.

Edit: That's actually a beefier CPU too. User benchmarks (grain of salt, yadda yadda), the CPU is the video is about 75% better.

Given your laptop's model # and specs, it has an Intel UHD 610. And that integrated graphics cards are trash for anything modern. Integrated stuff is trash and a waste of time for any real gaming. See here - https://www.techcenturion.com/intel-uhd-graphics-610

Integrated-GPU's dip into your main RAM's pool, which definitely won't help matters, as you have only 4GB RAM - ouch. You're best off, having a real discrete mobile GPU in there - so you can have separate RAM buffers and VRAM buffers.

That game from 2021 flat-out requires GPU-wise a GTX 660 and recommends a 1060 card (which come in 3gb or 6gb VRAM flavors). In other words, it's basically 1060 card or better...or bust. You ain't gotta chance w/ that UHD 610 laptop unfortunately.

Heck, you'd be even better off w/ "meh" budget GTX 1650's or RTX 3050's than using any Intel integrated-GPU junk. And honestly, the budget xx50's ain't so hot either from Nvidia, as those lack VRAM w/ only even having a low 4GB VRAM on their GPU's respectively.

If you're playing stuff on that laptop - you should be playing old stuff or Indies that won't require the moon. Think stuff like Hotline Miami games. Think stuff like old games like NWN2, Arcanum, Fallout 1 and 2, etc etc.

EDIT - I get that you don't wanna spend $ and you got all these F2P games and probably stuff you grabbed from Epic for free - but to do modern PC gaming, it's all about having the $ here. You spend the $ on the hardware b/c you really have no choice, if you wanna do this right - so you've got to at least have a 4-6GB VRAM discrete GPU for modern games like Honkai. And if you play the cards right, you won't spend a ton on games or much at all; especially hanging out and watching deals on sites like CAG here, Slickdeals, and Reddit.
Thanks, guess I'll just wait find something around $400 to $500 one day or get a steam deck

Since everyone loves my mini rants and reviews here are a few from Gamepass.

Cyber Shadow is an old school 2D platformer and is pretty neat. It looks similarly to Ninja Gaiden, but kind of plays like old school Castlevania games in a way with the moves. It also has similar old school music and sounds. It's pretty good, though I don't think amazing. I wish I started it sooner as it left the day after I started to play it fully. The challenge is pretty there and the bosses provide a good challenge. Overall I feel it's a good bundle game and wish I could have played it sooner. Also shows that though these game services provide a lot of value, many games are bound to go eventually. Played for about 2 hours. 7/10

Astria Ascending is a turn based RPG that is very good looking. The art is similar to Dragon's Crown. The English voice acting is OK, and the sounds and music are also generally OK. The story is a snore though. We have 8 heroes and they are trying to protect their city or something and it's generico the RPG story. Many of them are very stereotypical and just the writing seems very poor so far. There is a lot of customization in level ups and equipment and such. The whole game takes place on a 2D plane, which is OK but makes travel tedious as heck, and there is light puzzles in dungeons. Battles are turn based but have some focus thing, which I don't know how to use yet. It's supposed to power up moves though. Overall I need to give it more time, but I'm feeling very meh on it. Played for about 1 and a half hours. 6/10

Celeron cpu with no discrete gpu. Would probably struggle more than what you're already using.

I agree that the easiest and best bang/buck solution would be steam deck. Another option would be building something around a 2400G/3400G/5600G/5700G cpu as those have actually decent integrated graphics that are roughly comparable to a 1030. A recent project I finished was putting a 2400G into an Inwin Chopin (tiny case for ants).

Yes, but Genshin Impact also recommends a GTX 1060 card, and lists 8GB board ram as a minimum requirement.

If he's playing Genshin Impact on his laptop and doesn't mind the performance, I wouldn't recommend he change anything right now. I certainly wouldn't be able to tolerate whatever performance he's getting, but if he's okay with it then live and let live.

Unless I'm confused, the game he's interested in is FTP, why not just try it out first? And if it costs money, buy somewhere like Steam where you can return it no-questions-asked if it doesn't run.

He mentioned the other thing he's interested in is free Epic games: 90% of the free games on Epic will run on a potato.

Someone brought up Steam Deck: I'm sure as hell not going to assume the Steam Deck will be "the least amount of work" for him until I have personal experience.

Setting aside how bizarre it is to recommend a system that is not even available to someone as their first gaming PC, the fact is that gaming on Linux is not a bucket of roses. I don't know what will be involved in getting his free Epic games to run on it, but it won't be pretty, if it will even be possible.

If he really is so strapped for cash, I would suggest combining his work/school/life machine with his gaming machine. You can get something like a recent Dell XPS 15 with dedicated graphics for around $900 on sale. You're likely going to be happier with that than if you spend $450 on a work laptop and another $450 on a gaming machine right now.

True the steamdeck isn't out yet for regular consumers and if it's anything like regular steam will probably require some hoops to jump through.  But given that this is a handheld console with a fixed system vs computers having varying parts it should be better optimized to run games they are testing on it in theory. And mostly it'll be cheaper than buying parts or a computer right now and sounds to be the best bang for your buck. Especially if you are using gamestop trade credit to pay off your preorder like a lot of people seem to be doing. 

As far as running on a potato goes that depends widely on the potato and game but yeah many games can run on a 11 year old lap top (may or may not have personal experience with tales of zestiria) So I agree that if it doesn't bother them then go for it. It's also hard to recommend building or buying much of anything right now given the inflated prices, scarcity an such. 

It has intel UHD 600 graphics built in which are worse than what you already have (UHD 610). CPU is better at least but not that much.

https://cpu-benchmark.org/compare/intel-celeron-j4125/intel-pentium-gold-4417u/

For a mini pc or laptop, you're probably best looking at an AMD setup with built in radeon graphics. Vega 7, 8 or 10 model. Which means $350-500 usually.

For example: https://www.amazon.com/Beelink-Versatile-Windows-Channel-Graphics/dp/B09JFGKNG9?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

Steamdeck assuming its compatible sounds like your best option for the cheapest amount and little required work.
Sometimes I forget the Steamdeck is a thing. But yeah, this is the way to go. Downside being that if you order now you probably don't get one until Summer at the earliest.

I don’t really know what they’re updating for this new version, but Honkai Impact is a phone game. If the PC version specs are out of your range, try emulating the Android version on Bluestacks or something. It’s been out forever so I doubt it’s that demanding.

It has intel UHD 600 graphics built in which are worse than what you already have (UHD 610). CPU is better at least but not that much.

https://cpu-benchmark.org/compare/intel-celeron-j4125/intel-pentium-gold-4417u/

For a mini pc or laptop, you're probably best looking at an AMD setup with built in radeon graphics. Vega 7, 8 or 10 model. Which means $350-500 usually.

For example: https://www.amazon.com/Beelink-Versatile-Windows-Channel-Graphics/dp/B09JFGKNG9?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1
That one is interesting, those reminds me of a android device. So that one is much better and might be suited for me then right. Are they upgradeable like a normal pc.

Is there a crossover between mechanical keyboards and foot fetishes or something? Why is there always feet on the thumbnail?
YOU CAN"T JUST ASK PEOPLE WHY THEY PUT FEET IN THEIR YOUTUBE VIDEOS!??!?!

srsly tho... I was gonna ask but I saw it was his channel and figured maybe he didn't have hands... iono...

Since everyone loves my mini rants and reviews here are a few from Gamepass.

Cyber Shadow is an old school 2D platformer and is pretty neat. It looks similarly to Ninja Gaiden, but kind of plays like old school Castlevania games in a way with the moves. It also has similar old school music and sounds. It's pretty good, though I don't think amazing. I wish I started it sooner as it left the day after I started to play it fully. The challenge is pretty there and the bosses provide a good challenge. Overall I feel it's a good bundle game and wish I could have played it sooner. Also shows that though these game services provide a lot of value, many games are bound to go eventually. Played for about 2 hours. 7/10

Astria Ascending is a turn based RPG that is very good looking. The art is similar to Dragon's Crown. The English voice acting is OK, and the sounds and music are also generally OK. The story is a snore though. We have 8 heroes and they are trying to protect their city or something and it's generico the RPG story. Many of them are very stereotypical and just the writing seems very poor so far. There is a lot of customization in level ups and equipment and such. The whole game takes place on a 2D plane, which is OK but makes travel tedious as heck, and there is light puzzles in dungeons. Battles are turn based but have some focus thing, which I don't know how to use yet. It's supposed to power up moves though. Overall I need to give it more time, but I'm feeling very meh on it. Played for about 1 and a half hours. 6/10
But did you buy them for 50 cents each? I'm still waiting on Kyle's reviews of his 50 cent games.

True the steamdeck isn't out yet for regular consumers and if it's anything like regular steam will probably require some hoops to jump through. But given that this is a handheld console with a fixed system vs computers having varying parts it should be better optimized to run games they are testing on it in theory. And mostly it'll be cheaper than buying parts or a computer right now and sounds to be the best bang for your buck. Especially if you are using gamestop trade credit to pay off your preorder like a lot of people seem to be doing.

As far as running on a potato goes that depends widely on the potato and game but yeah many games can run on a 11 year old lap top (may or may not have personal experience with tales of zestiria) So I agree that if it doesn't bother them then go for it. It's also hard to recommend building or buying much of anything right now given the inflated prices, scarcity an such.
Yeah, I haven't had to buy a new gaming computer since I got that stunning hardware success known as the Steam Box, these days I stream my games from my Steam Box to my Steam Link in blissful, problem-free, reliable, and long-term-supported Valve hardware nirvana.

bread's done
Back