Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So I was thinking it might be time to look for a new mouse... Mine is working fine but I've been using it for 8 years now. It's a 700G, which they don't make, it new ones cost over 400 dollars. Probably, because logitech doesn't seem to have any successor designs that are close to it. ☹️

So what's everyone using? (Also if you don't mind me asking big, medium, or small hands? Right or left handed? Claw, palm, or finger grip?)
The closest thing to the old G700 which I really loved that I’ve found is the G604. It slightly smaller, but actually adds two more side buttons. I got the G502 as a replacement first, but didn’t like the feel as much

I use a trackpad.
Vertical mouse, better for the wrists.

I have less wrist issues since I switched, recommend. Gaming mice are overrated, ain't none of us going pro anytime soon.

Speaking of pro, I finally got an m.2 drive big enough for games thanks to the GameStop oopsie-doodles. Can't wait to try out Divinity Original Sin 2 with faster load times (i.e., the strongest magic in the game, F5 -> F8... F8.... F8... F8F8F8F8F8...).

Fingertip grip, G502. Between medium and large hand. The buttons are positioned where it's actually hard to accidentally hit most of them, so it's a nice change from Razer mice.

I like trackballs for non-gaming, but they're so imprecise because they're basically just making 15 year old models without updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
palm and claw, g502, medium, right. Been using 502's for a long time now so Im always +1 on them, just fit so right for me, plus hard to beat the price you can get them for on sale (usually like 25-35$) for a mouse that will last and perform a long while

I use a G602 Wireless mouse. I don't game professionally so it gets the job done for me. I also bought a trackball style mouse but found it was not precise enough for me for one thumb use. I used to have a nice rectangle shaped trackball mouse I could hold with both hands and easily use both thumbs for good precision on the ball. I would kick back in the chair and just hold it like a controller for playing RTS games in the 90s. I can't seem to find a modern version of that mouse unfortunately (wrong shape or too small).

I got a Razer DeathAdder v2 for Christmas and it is comfortable and very nice to use. I like that it can function wirelessly or through a wire. I choose the wired option since it's part of my desktop setup, but it works excellently. I had a Logitech G403 before that worked very well as well, although I feel this one is just more comfortable overall. They're both mice that are in the $40ish range that seem to hit what I want for size and comfort. Also I like that the DPI can be easily switch with a button. I use the highest or next to highest most of the time, but it's nice to have them adjustable. 

I use this mouse, really comfortable ... nice grip. If you bat it on the head with your paw it stays still for quite a while.

FN5FXSHF0ZTLK0N.jpg

Another g502 user here.  Even though find it too narrow, it's cheap and reliable.  I have multiple from grabbing them during $20-$25 sales.  Software is decent.  I briefly used a razer trinity and that started failing / double-clicking right around 6 months of use.  Never again.

Got more Logitech Mice than I probably know what to do with.

Used the G600 MMO Mouse; G502; G403; and G300S.

G600 has a ton of keys and is awesome for that and especially those kind of MMO games - but I often feel like I'm hitting multiple buttons on the side. And it's bigger & heavier than most mice - so it's got a learning curve, which can be steep. If you crack that curve though, it can be rewarding; very much so.

G502 is pretty good, to say the least. Though, I wish it had more buttons on the side of it and maybe more on the upper-right and upper-left side.

G300S - my favorite mouse, oddly enough. The one that I use the most and on the regular basis. I love the upper-left and upper-right mouse buttons on the top of the mouse - but I wish it had say some buttons on the left side of the mouse like the G502 and other mice have. 

If they combined say the G300S and G502 mouse button lay-outs - that'd probably be the perfect mouse to me.

Look into Elecom if you haven't already. They have a couple thumb/finger models that are pretty nice.
I started using one for work because either the ergo person at work, or a physical therapist told me to, when I had pre-carpal tunnel. The Elecom's look like you'd hold it the same way as a mouse, so it would probably give me the same issues from using a mouse in the same position too long.

I have thought about trying a vertical mouse though.

With the subscriber discount, Tekken 7 Definitive (which includes all the DLC) is currently $22 on Hamble, which is 80% off. What do you think the odds of it going cheaper without a discount or getting bundled are? Looks like the historical undiscounted low is $24 (currently running on GamesPlanet).

I feel like it probably isn't going to be bundled given Bamco's DLC practices, but I'm not really sure one way or the other on deeper discounts.

I started using one for work because either the ergo person at work, or a physical therapist told me to, when I had pre-carpal tunnel. The Elecom's look like you'd hold it the same way as a mouse, so it would probably give me the same issues from using a mouse in the same position too long.

I have thought about trying a vertical mouse though.
Kensington has a vertical trackball.

I think I'll wait for the Digital Foundry and early purchasers on this one.  It seems like it might be a bit of a shit port if the specs are like that versus other games that are sparkly and fancy from recent memory.

Otherwise, I guess I'll grab a PS5 copy?  Might have to if the online is borked.

Cyberpunk 2077 LiveStream.

- Info on Patch, Free DLC's, etc. that is at now out at 63GB or so.

Click Spoiler Tag for Details.

01. Next-gen patch footage and Patch 1.5 info incoming.

02. Re-balancing & re-vamping of the Perk Trees.

03. Tried to improve the enemy AI some more.

04. Improved vehicle features - i.e. burning-out's easier with bikes & cars.

05. Most cars now will drive & work a bit differently from each other.

06. Crowd reacts now to your combat actions - NPC's might interact w/ each other and fight; run away; etc etc.

07. Drivers and traffic can also react like crowds do - and drivers may react & "panic drive" too.

08. Re-doing & revamping of map UI - rewards from fixers, filters for the map (for Jobs, Gigs etc), etc etc.

09. Economy and combat has also been rebalanced.

10. Wilson has new weapons, equipment, etc. in Patch 1.5 here (Free DLC).

11. Some calls can be rejected now and they'll contact you later.

12. New options for appearance - hair, color of the hair, make-up, etc etc (2nd Free DLC).

13. Home make-over for your apartment (Free 3rd DLC).

14. New Apartments to buy (once) in certain areas - Northside, Japantown, Corpo Plaza & The Glen.

15. All Stashes b/t Apartments will be Shared.

16. Doing activities in the Apartment can get you buffs - lighting incense, sleeping, showering, etc etc.

17. You can text w/ more NPC's, especially ones you Romance.

18. New Photo Mode for Johnny.

19. PS5 support for Dual-sense support on PS5 & spatial Headphone audio added.

20. And more features, fixes, etc. will be here than what's shown off - too many to name & list, they said.

21. Patch is going to be around 50GB (someone in chat just said it's 63GB download).

22. Patch 1.5 is out....NOW.

23. Free Trial for non-owners - it's for 5 hours tops for 30 Days.

EDIT:

Patch 1.5 Release Notes from CDPR officially.

I started my third attempt to playthrough Cyberpunk about a month ago. This time around I actually made it a few hours in before I suddenly realized last night that I hadn't turned the game on in two weeks and I was at risk of losing interest in another run. I forced myself to start playing this morning and finished a mission. After downloading the new patch I can't tell if anything has changed. It still looks lovely and isn't that fun to play.

I will be starting my first playthrough soon on Cyberpunk, now that there's been a big patch. 

I'm pretty excited, but I got the game for cheap, so no-to-low threat.

I should be starting The Witcher 1 anytime now.
It probably has not aged well, but that boy's got spirit.

The one game where you better...
read your books and do your potion crafting, or you're about to be ass up in a swamp from a plant monster.

Fallout games on the other hand tho....whew boy the gameplay in those things! *chef's kiss*
I may be drunk 24/7 but I don't remember mentioning Fallout. But now that you mention it, I did have a lot more fun headsploding bespectacled raiders in VATS than anything I've done so far in Cyberpunk. I've yet to start messing with the systems in Cyberpunk, though, so maybe it's the kind of game where you can make your own fun. I figured I'd wait until I have better weapons and powers before I start killing everyone I encounter.

My main issue with getting into Cyberpunk this time around is that I started playing Nioh, which has become my new love in life. I finished the first game then jumped right into Nioh 2, which is somehow even better. After getting into Nioh, trying to play Cyberpunk feels like going back to using the toilet at my local Rat Burger after getting used to a nice bidet. At least in terms of moment-to-moment gameplay. Cyberpunk admittedly has much nicer neon signage.

I may be drunk 24/7 but I don't remember mentioning Fallout. But now that you mention it, I did have a lot more fun headsploding bespectacled raiders in VATS than anything I've done so far in Cyberpunk. I've yet to start messing with the systems in Cyberpunk, though, so maybe it's the kind of game where you can make your own fun. I figured I'd wait until I have better weapons and powers before I start killing everyone I encounter.

My main issue with getting into Cyberpunk this time around is that I started playing Nioh, which has become my new love in life. I finished the first game then jumped right into Nioh 2, which is somehow even better. After getting into Nioh, trying to play Cyberpunk feels like going back to using the toilet at my local Rat Burger after getting used to a nice bidet. At least in terms of moment-to-moment gameplay. Cyberpunk admittedly has much nicer neon signage.
Nioh and Nioh 2 are really great games, that's all I have to add mister niblets

FondOblongAssassinbug-size_restricted.gif

I should be starting The Witcher 1 anytime now.
I just started The Witcher 3 a few weeks ago. I've never played any of the other games and I don't feel lost at all.

I can tell there's a lot of lore and history buried there in the trilogy and the other media they've released, but it hasn't kept me from enjoying it at all.

I figured that, by now, none of the games were new anymore and I might as well start with the newest and (some say) the best. If I enjoy the playthrough I'll go back and check out the others. And before anyone tells me I won't enjoy them as much if I play them out of order: :oldman:

They've only just released patch 1.5.

Here is the patch you are waiting for...

1.6462 Fun gameplay added

I have a load of games I want to play, including Lost Ark, Total War: Warhammer III, Elden Ring, Pokemon Legends Arceus, finishing Demon's Souls and starting Cyberpunk.

But instead, I am playing through Divinity Original Sin 2 Def Ed again right after my first playthrough.

Added some QOL mods, added the mods that keeps achievos enabled with mods, and am now murder-hobo'in' it up as a genocidal elf and pals.

"I'm sorry, I see that you are a lizard and do not have holes in your vital organs.  I must rectify this immediately."

I can see why people say it's one of, if not the best RPG of recent years.

Nioh and Nioh 2 are really great games, that's all I have to add mister niblets
I liked Nioh but for me it was a grind fest. I remember playing parts multiple times just to farm whatever I needed to upgrade and be more than prepared for the next part/area. Also, the story was somewhat confusing. Sekiro reminded me of Nioh but it was fairer and not nearly as grindy imo. I'm tempted to either go back and perhaps play it differently or just skip it and play Nioh 2 since I heard some of the most annoying aspects of the first game are gone.

I played every sidequest in Nioh but I never had to go back and grind levels I'd already finished. It's tough, though, and I can see how you could end up in bad spot if you weren't deliberate with your build. Early on I picked the weapon, gear, and skills I wanted to focus on and didn't waste points on stats or skills I didn't need. If anything the last few levels were too easy since I was able to wreck everything in sight. I think the endgame content would have pushed me but I was too eager to start Nioh 2 to mess with it. And yeah, the story is weird. It's one of those games where I started skipping cutscenes since I really didn't give a shit about what was going on.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Patch 1.5 Thoughts.

Impressed with Patch 1.5 last night in some ways, yet not impressed in other ways.

Not impressed w/ the lack of new content, expansions, etc. Maybe I'm asking a lot here, but...I really could go for a paid expansion or something.

Nice to have new safe-houses and I like the whole sleep, shower, and other activities to do there stuff can give you buffs for a bit; that's cool.

Though, tons of small QoL stuff - like new AI behavior on the streets (NPC's do more than just scatter and/or duck - they might fight each other, go different directions, come after you, etc etc); and more driver-behavior too. Game feels more immersive for sure, with even those few changes. New and improved UI filtering options on the map - yes, to toggle on and off different types of missions/area/icons to be shown or not - that helps a ton too. 

New perks system is cool that it's revamped - but I really didn't wanna re-do all 50+ of my perks. Old saves on patch 1.5 - you get all points earned back and you can re-spec your version V.

Performance seems a bit better. Not sure if it's the newer Nvidia drivers, CP 2077, and/or both here - but now at 1080p60fps w/ everything maxed-out with both RTX On (maxed-out) & DLSS On (at Quality Mode), it ain't budging below 60fps on my RTX 3070 desktop. Also really like that I saw FSR was added to this game - and that's great for AMD users and those who don't own NVidia 2xxx or 3xxx cards.

They're in a better spot, I think. Now, please give me more CP 2077 content - don't care if it's cut content for free, paid expansions, and/or whatever - I need MORE of this game.

There's so much untapped potential w/ this game and franchise, IMHO - especially since Deus Ex is on ice (sarcasm in here - thanks a lot, Square Enix) and who knows how good/bad/mediocre/"meh" GTA6 might turn out; and we don't have Deep Shadows making say Boiling Point/Xenus sequels and/or Precursors sequels.

Modern Deus Ex never lived up to the original … in fact, I don’t think any game in the series has been as good as the original Deus Ex. Would love to see an all-in remake of Deus Ex with the same level of depth and choice. Seems like they don’t make games like that anymore … I find myself bored with so many modern games because they seem so shallow compared to some older PC games.

Diving back into Cyberpunk sometime this week, but first impressions weren’t good when I broke down and played it a few months ago. Wasn’t even the glitches that were the issue, it was the same feeling of rushed development, lack of depth and cut corners.

Total tangent, but I wonder if Starfield will scratch the Skyrim itch. That’s one of the few games that competed with Deus Ex for depth, choice and immersion in modern games.

bread's done
Back