Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
My SteamDeck came in yesterday after FedEx sat on it over the weekend "in transit". It is really interesting how they made it so lightweight but wide/big. I can't quite describe it but I can easily hold it laying in bed. It has unique haptics where you just touch the track pad and move the device to fine tune aiming. The mouse TouchPad travel is finely tuned as well. My only gripe is you can't download games in sleep mode so the screen is on when downloading. I intend to use it for games not on other platforms so I will see how well the compatibility is with the old dos classics.

Speaking of the Steamdeck...

Does anyone else get (and I'm not exaggerating here) nearly constant updates for EVERY SINGLE GAME you've downloaded? I turn on/off the Steamdeck probably 3 times a day and each time it starts back up, all of my games download data ranging from just a few kb to hundreds of mb. Some are "shader cache" whatevers, but I find it really hard to believe Valve is releasing this many legit updates to improve game compatibility. I'm not enrolled in any Betas nor have I changed any of those Proton settings.

Really harshes my mellow when I sit down to drop the kids off at the pool, expecting to level up my wasteland adventurer, only to have to watch that damn grey bar fill up until my legs start to go numb.

Yeah, very frequent updates to the majority of my installed library. Thankfully only a few seconds for each though. Guessing it's for compatibility every time they update proton (which is often, and that's a good thing at this point)

Why are games that focus on stacking falling/rising blocks—such as Tetris—referred to as puzzle games? There’s nothing to figure out—like a puzzle—, the focus is entirely on planning ahead and reacting to circumstances as they arise. Or... is the fact that they’re called puzzle games the puzzle?

Why are games that focus on stacking falling/rising blocks—such as Tetris—referred to as puzzle games? There’s nothing to figure out—like a puzzle—, the focus is entirely on planning ahead and reacting to circumstances as they arise. Or... is the fact that they’re called puzzle games the puzzle?
Maybe because the shapes fit together like puzzle pieces?

Here-youre-just-another-apple-but-in-Japan-youre-an-exotic-fruit.-Like-an-orange.-Which-is-rare-there.ading_-2.jpg

They often do have a puzzle mode. "How do clear all these blocks with one puyo drop?" but i do agree in hindsight, puzzle is a bad term. games like Portal and Talos Principle are puzzle games.

I most often hear people say they should be call "Falling block" games, but that would exclude Tetris Attack which is absolutely in the same genre of Tetris

Outward: Definitive Edition is now out.

Sources:

BluesNews (for info) - https://www.bluesnews.com/s/248144/outward-definitive-edition-released

Steam (store page) - https://store.steampowered.com/app/794260/Outward_Definitive_Edition/

GOG (store page) - https://www.gog.com/game/outward_definitive_edition

Epic Store (store page) - https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/outward

Things to note:

- Everybody gets a Free upgrade to the new Definitive Edition.

- Whatever content you own already (base-game, The Soroboreans DLC and/or The Three Brothers DLC), that is...

- ...What's pulled over to the new version of the game.

- If you're missing any DLC content, you'll have to buy what's missing (if interested).

- DE has new unique encounters in dungeons

- New defeat scenarios

- New diseases

- Access to stash in co-op

- Improved enchantment & crafting

- Visual optimization

- More totem workshops

- Previously DLC-exclusive corruption hazards spread throughout the whole game

- New mechanics

- And much more

Outward: DE Trailer:

https://youtu.be/AC6GqX2QIKM

Last edited by a moderator:
To early anywhere to try and wrap my head around this...it's like the old Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy...probably showing my age at this point

To early anywhere to try and wrap my head around this...it's like the old Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy...probably showing my age at this point
You should always carry two sacks around with you, that way if anyone asks for your help you can say "sorry ive got these two sacks".

Outward: Definitive Edition is now out.

Sources:

BluesNews (for info) - https://www.bluesnews.com/s/248144/outward-definitive-edition-released

Steam (store page) - https://store.steampowered.com/app/794260/Outward_Definitive_Edition/

GOG (store page) - https://www.gog.com/game/outward_definitive_edition

Epic Store (store page) - https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/outward

Things to note:

- Everybody gets a Free upgrade to the new Definitive Edition.

- Whatever content you own already (base-game, The Soroboreans DLC and/or The Three Brothers DLC), that is...

- ...What's pulled over to the new version of the game.

- If you're missing any DLC content, you'll have to buy what's missing (if interested).

- DE has new unique encounters in dungeons

- New defeat scenarios

- New diseases

- Access to stash in co-op

- Improved enchantment & crafting

- Visual optimization

- More totem workshops

- Previously DLC-exclusive corruption hazards spread throughout the whole game

- New mechanics

- And much more

Outward: DE Trailer:

https://youtu.be/AC6GqX2QIKM
Glad I haven't got around to playing it yet after buying it and the DLC cheap in various Humble promos.

I'll grant Tetris itself has that sort of thing, but many falling block "puzzle" games—for example, Puyo Puyo or Doctor Mario—do not. They're just uniformly shaped blocks.
I will try again.

Maybe the puzzle part is being able to strategically arrange the items that randomly appear in such a way to maximize combos?

Perhaps quick thinking strategy game would be more appropriate?

I know I catagorize these types of games as strategy when I add them to folders on the PS4 since I don't really have enough of these "puzzle" games to make a seperate folder.

Epic Store Stuff:

Free Section:

Freebie This Week:
Borderlands 3 [base-game]

Next Week's Freebie:

- Mystery Game???

Spending $ Section - Mega Sale/ Coupon Sale:

- Epic Mega Sale is in effect for those willing to spend $.

- 25% off coupons (instead of $10 off) are in effect when spending over $14.99.

- More on the on the coupons w/ rules, FAQs, what's elligible, etc all over here.

Kind of feel burned by the whole Borderlands/ Tina Tiny Wonderlands games.  They get discounted (or free) super quick and haven't even played them as much as I did Broderlands 2.  

Is there a known sickness for having to get the latest games on release day while also being a part of CAG? :whee:

If anyone is playing Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong on Epic, can you check if it supports cloud saves? If you have the game installed, click the three dots next to the title. There should be a "Enable Cloud Save" toggle if the game supports it.

Is Outward a good game? I am missng one of the DLCs but it's cheap-ish on Humble right now.
Good not great BUT it's from a small team. I would LOVE for them to have a bigger budget and try a true seamless open world.

I really enjoyed it but once you learn/crack the game you realize how small it is.

For AAA and hype-driven releases, it's Fakeybro. Side effects may include: nausea, vomiting, water weight gain, lower back pain, receding hairline, eczema, seborrhea, psoriasis, itchy chafing, liver spots, blood clots, ringworm, excessive body odor, uneven tire wear, pyorrhea, gonorrhea, diarrhea, halitosis, scoliosis, loss of bladder control, hammertoe, the shanks, low sperm count, warped floors, cluttered drawers, hunchback, heart attack, low resale value on your home, feline leukemia, athlete's foot, head lice, club foot, MS, MD, VD, fleas, anxiety, sleeplessness, drowsiness, poor gas mileage, tooth decay, split ends, parvo, warts, unibrow, lazy eye, fruit flies, chest pains, clogged drains, hemorrhoids, dry heaving, sexual dysfunction, and an empty wallet.

Ask your local toaster or troll poster how to Fakeybro today!

True that. I mean it's whatever everyone is raised on. In the USA there is so much violence in all types of media (games, movies, the news, etc...) that you become desensitized. In somewhere like a European country like Germany, the adult type stuff is generally embraced and all. Just depends on the places, but I am tired of seeing mass violence happening all the time (I know this isn't the place for it), but it just flows down into the entertainment, like parents getting GTA V for their 10 year old or whatever. Stuff like eroge where the person is just in high school (have to be 18+ in the states), and falls in love or whatever is a no no. Also there is just random nudity in the games like GTA V (the strip club if I remember) or like God of War on the PS2 with Kratos going at it in the beginning of the game. No one batted an eye at those though.

6LQBW-E*ZQ2-*D8XI

* = one of the first 10 letters in the alphabet

On a personal note: If you don't already have this by now, you're truly an embarrassment as a CAG, so don't let us know when/if you successfully activate it. Also, DON'T YOU DARE SAY THANKS, because that'll give you away (duh), you Fake-Ass Gamer, but... you're welcome, I guess. Whatever. fuck it

Probably should let that go to collections and then pay small amounts until you wait so long they let you negotiate down the debt.

Look into it at least.

We at CAG are CAG's in more ways than just games.
Being a leech on society, which is what people who don't pay their bills are, is not remotely the same as being thrifty.

It's not about not paying bills. It's about paying a reasonable bill in an unreasonable system.

I (and many other CAGs) visited Mexico and (now unfortunately) Russia to get cheaper priced games. Being thrifty, yeah, you could say that. Gaming the system, absolutely. Ethical...that's down to one's perspective, much like everything in life.

Being a leech on society, which is what people who don't pay their bills are, is not remotely the same as being thrifty.
Get off your high horse and educate your ignorant self. I work in American healthcare, it is 100% a scam against the public. Corporations make billions in profit on the death, suffering, reduced quality of life, and fear of bankruptcy of their patients. Imagine if you bought a game on Steam and it said it was $60, but then when you went to play it, suddenly the price is $24,000 and they dont let you get a refund. You wouldn't be a leech right? You'd pay the $24k that you owe to Gaben right?? You sound like the coddled man-baby who has never worked an actual day in their life, had everything handed to them, but will claim "I pulled myself up by my bootstraps" when called out on it.

Was waiting for that...

:whistle2:

And to be totally off topic, can I say I'm kinda bummed that the Epic coupon is 25% off and not the previous straight $10 off.  Lame.

I beat Chaos Gate Daemonhunters.

Great for 40k nerds, hold off for XCOM fans. It's definitely an indie game versus AAA release.  Needs more patches and the performance is abysmal for what it is at this time.

But did I enjoy my space marine power fantasy?  Sure.  I got 60 hours out of it.

Sounds like a wait for $10 Fanatical bundle with all the DLC, but that's how I usually get my Warhammer fix. Thanks for the review.

I'm like that with some series/producers such as Paradox games. My preferred way to get those is in a Humble Bundle with some DLC (usually not all and now they give those stupid coupon discounts away). I can't help it though with so much DLC (same with the Warhammer games).

Was waiting for that...

:whistle2:

And to be totally off topic, can I say I'm kinda bummed that the Epic coupon is 25% off and not the previous straight $10 off. Lame.
Me too on the no $10 off stuff. This was great to get cheap games even cheaper - like getting AAA games early at $5-10. So many games I picked up on epic b/c of that $10 coupon.

The only way the 25% off coupon is worthwhile is buying anything expensive and newer, which nets you more than $10 off or so. And still, that's often too rich for my blood.

EA (Electronic Arts) has been looking to acquire or merge w/ a big company...and been in talks w/ numerous companies.

Source:

https://www.eurogamer.net/ea-is-reportedly-pursuing-acquisition-and-merger-options-with-a-number-of-potential-suitors

Notes:

- EA (Electronic Arts) is looking to be acquired and/or merge w/ some big name companies, since the Microsoft-Activision deal.

- Some of the companies EA's been looking & talking to include Disney, NBCUniversal, Amazon & Apple.
- Namely, EA's looking for a deal where Andrew Wilson (of EA) would be looking to stay on as Chief Executive of the combined companies.

You sound like the coddled man-baby who has never worked an actual day in their life, had everything handed to them, but will claim "I pulled myself up by my bootstraps" when called out on it.
I took out student loans and worked a part-time job to go to college for a degree that actually has value in the market and then paid them off without crying to the government to forgive a penny of them. The problem with not paying your bills, regardless of how unfair you may feel they are, is that it's not the evil corporate bogeyman that eats it. It's the people who do pay their bills.

I compared it to be thrifty in a roundabout sense b/c of the nature of the website. Picking up on the subtext would be moreso supporting those within this community.

I actually did encourage him to pay him to pay his debt, but to be able to talk it down.

Regardless of that, I'm just looking out for my fellow person. Neuro and travathian largely reflect my views so I'll leave it at that. #universalhealthcareplz

An article came out the other day saying that several billionaires only paid 1-2% in effective taxes on their wealth growth from 2013 to 2018, including Warren Buffett who paid 0.1%

And this guy on a website called cheapassgamer is complaining about an average person contemplating the possibility of delaying payment on a $17,000 medical bill, which probably amounted to an ambulance ride and an IV

Priorities! Muh bootstraps!

(I work in health insurance so I know it's all a scam. This country is decades behind other first world countries in affordable healthcare, and it's not a debate. Assuming you all are in the US btw)

I don't like the us healthcare system a ton but if you don't have firsthand experience with the NHS as a patient you have no idea how bad universal healthcare can be. Universal healthcare is great until you need to have a knee replaced, glaucoma treatment, diagnostic scans, anything non life threatening. If you do and you have money, you wind up getting referred to a private doctor anyway and paying even more than we do in this country. Or you wait 2 years, your doctor retires, and you start over in the queue. Or you find out the hospital where you are going to give birth has appalling infant mortality rates because their doctors essentially can't be fired.

Side note, pineapple doesn't belong on pizza but blue cheese sure does. Yum.

bread's done
Back