Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm a big Borderlands fan and I have played all the games. I've bought the last two as soon as they were available on Steam. I'm also pretty sure I'll have a good time with this Tiny Tina offshoot. But now that the exclusivity window is over and they've already got DLC rolling out for it, I think I'm gonna hold out for a more inclusive version.
The main game itself is fine. The first 3 of 4 DLCs are just small linear arenas that unlock some DLC loot. The free Halloween event was more fleshed out than the DLCs that they're charging $10 each for.

Last edited by a moderator:
The main game itself is fine. The first 3 of 4 DLCs are just small linear arenas that unlock some DLC loot. The free Halloween event was more fleshed out than the DLCs that they're charging $10 each for.
Is the game at least noticeably different from just another Borderlands reskin? From the videos I've seen it appears the game is still primarily focused on guns (I thought they might make unique melee weapons this time since it's sort of D&D based) and the characters don't necessarily have a lot of abilities.

Steam Summer sale is a go. There is some mystery thing for a badge I'm assuming. The site is running like poop though, so I can't figure out anything. Time to do my annual cleaning out of my wish list...yay. Also be sure to do the discovery queue for your 1 card a day. Hopefully mine is more than cheap 18+ puzzle games or hastily prepared VNs.

Blade Runner enhanced on Steam supposedly runs like poop. It has bugs galore, the 60 FPS stuff sounds very buggy and broken, and the upscaling is horrid for some things. If you want it I recommend it on GOG as you get the enhanced edition as well as the original for the same price. If you had the previous GOG version the new version is 50% off. I may just get that, but I'll wait until they fix it.

GOG

Is the game at least noticeably different from just another Borderlands reskin? From the videos I've seen it appears the game is still primarily focused on guns (I thought they might make unique melee weapons this time since it's sort of D&D based) and the characters don't necessarily have a lot of abilities.
There's melee (included ranged melee), and spells replaced grenades. The current strongest class uses spells, and the current weakest class is melee based. And in DLC2, they added a boss that's out of range of melee, pissing melee users off.

They're balancing them again when DLC4 hits. The varied spells are where your "different abilities" come in to play. There's also enchants.

Getting too long, so rest in spoilers:

It's not quite exactly like Borderlands, but it's still an FPS. While I enjoyed it, the end game gear grind was horrible, and I ended up dropping it completely right after DLC2 came out. On top of tiers (grey/green/blue/purple/orange), each can have 4+ tiers on top of that (plain, chaotic, volatile, primordial, ascendant), different elements on top of that, different bullets per shot, different spawned pets, etc.

So imagine trying to get a purple volatile+ pixie fearnot x2 of ice element. I think I went through 100+ chaos dungeon runs without seeing it, but I did get a purple primordial fearnot x2 of lightning element, but then I have not enough gear that boosts lightning. And so on.

Then you still have 3 more weapon slots, spells, class mods, 2x rings, 1x necklace, melee weapon, and shields to grind for. And a lot of those drop for 6 different classes. And class mods drop for all 30 combinations of jobs.

And there's a bunch of modded weapons that can crash like 3080s.

Blade Runner enhanced on Steam supposedly runs like poop. It has bugs galore, the 60 FPS stuff sounds very buggy and broken, and the upscaling is horrid for some things. If you want it I recommend it on GOG as you get the enhanced edition as well as the original for the same price. If you had the previous GOG version the new version is 50% off. I may just get that, but I'll wait until they fix it.

GOG
I still have my original discs, but I may go GOG just for the convenience of it (and hope the enhanced version either runs better or they get the patches, I know they don't sometimes).

wow no sale on the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster bundle.  The one item I was prepared to buy and play this summer for ~$50.  

Your loss SquareEnix.  I can continue buying other games that have actual value, and no guaranteed buyers' remorse.

The digital games market arena has really gone to shit in more ways than one.

I mean they have their launch discount back at least.....not saying a lot. There is some answers for the Steam search for future games to get that badge and other goodies from that on Youtube. Did most of them myself, but got help on like 2 of them. Was a good waste of like an hour haha. Also it's really easy to mistake garbage asset flips and garbage 18+ whatever games for these games haha.

wow no sale on the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster bundle. The one item I was prepared to buy and play this summer for ~$50.

Your loss SquareEnix. I can continue buying other games that have actual value, and no guaranteed buyers' remorse.

The digital games market arena has really gone to shit in more ways than one.
And the individual titles are only a whopping 20% off.

The farther I get down my Wishlist, the harder and louder I laugh. Then I cry. Then laugh. Then cry-laugh. Cry. Cry harder. Reflect on my life. Cry even harder until I'm laughing hysterically and piss myself. Sniffle while I change clothes.

The dope profile background you can get is way better than having deep average middling discounts.

This event game was super annoying. It was painfully bad: the idea, the writing, the art, the "prizes". Totally phoned in.

This sale... well here's a few stats from my personal perspective, using Steam DB filters:

- Number of wishlisted games: 561

- Wishlisted games that are at least 75% off and match their lowest price: 58

- Wishlisted games that are at least 75% off and are at a new lowest price: 3

:no:

The msrp is $70 but the launch discount has it at $50. There are further discounts (already) via gmg, which bring it down to ~$40. This title is going to drop fast. Going to wait on this one.

Here some of my gmg discount codes if anyone wants to buy at $40.
#Y83628-20B5I3-H*PR5N
#Y83628-Q5TKE3-6KYG*A
#Y83628-82J*4J-AOXRPG
#Y83628-8O*2AA-2U2QV*

* = first letter of the former(?) profession of MysterD's mother.
I missed a chance to comment on this one but there's a lot of possible options for that. c, p, l, e, n, h. Probably more I am missing and or are inappropes.

If you're looking for Steam Credit and use Honey Gold, there's a $10 rebate on a $50 Steam card at GameStop, plus you can buy and use a discounted GS card through Honey for $46.xx. I don't think this was targeted, but I have used Honey at GS and bought a Steam card at GS before.

The msrp is $70 but the launch discount has it at $50. There are further discounts (already) via gmg, which bring it down to ~$40. This title is going to drop fast. Going to wait on this one.

Here some of my gmg discount codes if anyone wants to buy at $40.
#Y83628-20B5I3-H*PR5N
#Y83628-Q5TKE3-6KYG*A
#Y83628-82J*4J-AOXRPG
#Y83628-8O*2AA-2U2QV*

* = first letter of the former(?) profession of MysterD's mother.
I missed a chance to comment on this one but there's a lot of possible options for that. c, p, l, e, n, h. Probably more I am missing and or are inappropes.
giphy.gif

The VirtuaVerse free giveaway is live on GOG now.

scroll down to around the third page on the Galaxy main store page to claim.
I had no idea what this is so I read the game description.

I still have no idea what this is, but now I know the devs are very impressed with their own pixel art.

In other news, I’m tempted to grab Ninja Gaiden Master Collection Deluxe and Fatal Frame MOBW Deluxe on Fanatical with that 10% coupon from a couple days ago for $27 and $33.65 respectively, somebody slap my hysterical face and tell me they’ll be cheaper in a couple years.

I had no idea what this is so I read the game description.

I still have no idea what this is, but now I know the devs are very impressed with their own pixel art.

In other news, I’m tempted to grab Ninja Gaiden Master Collection Deluxe and Fatal Frame MOBW Deluxe on Fanatical with that 10% coupon from a couple days ago for $27 and $33.65 respectively, somebody slap my hysterical face and tell me they’ll be cheaper in a couple years.
I think Ninja Gaiden MC is on PC Game Pass also, in case you want to wait a bit for it to get cheaper and just do PC Game Pass or Ultimate Game Pass for $1 for 3 months and don't mind renting it for a short time (only provided that that deal's still actually going; let me go check).

EDIT: Ninja Gaiden MC is still in PC Game Pass; and I'm still being offered PC GP or Game Pass Ultimate for $1 for 3 months.

I think Ninja Gaiden MC is on PC Game Pass also, in case you want to wait a bit for it to get cheaper and just do PC Game Pass or Ultimate Game Pass for $1 for 3 months and don't mind renting it for a short time (only provided that that deal's still actually going; let me go check).

EDIT: Ninja Gaiden MC is still in PC Game Pass; and I'm still being offered PC GP or Game Pass Ultimate for $1 for 3 months.
I absolutely, positively refuse to subscribe to any games as a service package, but thanks.

I absolutely, positively refuse to subscribe to any games as a service package, but thanks.
Understandable.

Then you'll have to decide b/t buying now and sacrificing (or not) - so that we could hopefully get NG MC and newest Fatal Frame in July's Humble Choice Bundle. ;)

mind if I ask the source of this 10%? was it something added after claiming the giveaway game?
Claim Reventure get 10% off. I always say if you think you'll play a game right away or soon after purchasing do it. I buy a bunch of visual novels and don't touch them right away, but I know it'd be better if I waited for like a summer sale (with usually pathetic sales) than buying right away, although launch discounts help.

Gah, figured that was it.  Since I already had reventure and the giveaway was advertised as limited, I thought I'd leave the keys for other people. Didn't realize the 10% promo was involved.  

The new Avoid Saying Steam Deck bundle has a couple of games I'm interested in.

Claim Reventure get 10% off. I always say if you think you'll play a game right away or soon after purchasing do it. I buy a bunch of visual novels and don't touch them right away, but I know it'd be better if I waited for like a summer sale (with usually pathetic sales) than buying right away, although launch discounts help.
You're assuming I ever play games other than Sega Master System and original Game Boy ROMs, which is a big assumption.

I am finding that my SteamDeck is making me buy more games on Steam now than I would have before. Valve got me lol.

I am very close to violating my policy of not spending over $20 on a computer game.

My mind says the SteamDeck makes PC game-buying equivalent to console-game buying so I can justify paying more. 

Also, GOG's anti-SteamDeck attitude is going to lose them sales in the end (Heroic Games Launcher compatibility with GOG is hit or miss). They need to pull their heads out of their asses before they lose all their business to Valve on games that are on both platforms. For instance, I intended to buy Songs of Conquest which is on sale at GOG but not Steam. Despite the cheaper cost, I would rather just hold out for a Steam sale to get the Deck compatibility. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1678420/Blade_Runner_Enhanced_Edition/

Wow, read those reviews. Sounds like this was just a cash grab by the developer.
Not only that, but also check and see what PC Gamer, Rock Paper Shotgun, Scumm VM dev's, and others are saying.

Notes:
-> Yeah, fans aren't receiving & reviewing BR: Enhanced from Nightdive well on Steam, saying it's a mess.
-> On Steam, BR: Enhanced is sitting at "Mostly Negative" right now on Steam.
-> On BR: Enhanced - some stuff people are citing are audio issues, some visuals look worse now, 60fps can ruin some scenes, issues w/ moving the character, and other stuff is mentioned.
-> Original versions of Blade Runner game has been delisted from GOG for sale.
-> Blade Runner Classic is now being bundled only w/ purchases of BR: Enhanced on Steam and GOG.
-> ScummVM dev. did not get credited for his Subtitles that Nightdive used in new Enhanced Edition & doesn't like the new Enhanced Edition, calling it "mediocre"; see this - https://www.eurogamer.net/popular-fan-made-blade-runner-restoration-relegated-to-controversial-enhanced-edition-add-on
-> Also, see this on GamesRadar - https://www.gamesradar.com/blade-runner-enhanced-edition-looks-like-a-mess-and-the-community-remaster-devs-arent-happy-about-being-replaced/
-> Rock Paper Shotgun ain't thrilled w/ it either, see this: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/the-blade-runner-games-new-remaster-looks-worse
-> PC Gamer is called Blade Runner: Enhanced a disaster - https://www.pcgamer.com/blade-runner-enhanced-edition-is-a-disaster-not-a-remaster/
-> Nightdive is saying they plan to work on the missing audio language option issues for French, German, Italian & Spanish and some other stuff; see this - https://steamcommunity.com/app/1678420/discussions/0/3419936083025374366/?ctp=2

Not only that, but also check and see what PC Gamer, Rock Paper Shotgun, Scumm VM dev's, and others are saying.

Notes:
-> Yeah, fans aren't receiving & reviewing BR: Enhanced from Nightdive well on Steam, saying it's a mess.
-> On Steam, BR: Enhanced is sitting at "Mostly Negative" right now on Steam.
-> On BR: Enhanced - some stuff people are citing are audio issues, some visuals look worse now, 60fps can ruin some scenes, issues w/ moving the character, and other stuff is mentioned.
-> Original versions of Blade Runner game has been delisted from GOG for sale.
-> Blade Runner Classic is now being bundled only w/ purchases of BR: Enhanced on Steam and GOG.
-> ScummVM dev. did not get credited for his Subtitles that Nightdive used in new Enhanced Edition & doesn't like the new Enhanced Edition, calling it "mediocre"; see this - https://www.eurogamer.net/popular-fan-made-blade-runner-restoration-relegated-to-controversial-enhanced-edition-add-on
-> Also, see this on GamesRadar - https://www.gamesradar.com/blade-runner-enhanced-edition-looks-like-a-mess-and-the-community-remaster-devs-arent-happy-about-being-replaced/
-> Rock Paper Shotgun ain't thrilled w/ it either, see this: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/the-blade-runner-games-new-remaster-looks-worse
-> PC Gamer is called Blade Runner: Enhanced a disaster - https://www.pcgamer.com/blade-runner-enhanced-edition-is-a-disaster-not-a-remaster/
-> Nightdive is saying they plan to work on the missing audio language option issues for French, German, Italian & Spanish and some other stuff; see this - https://steamcommunity.com/app/1678420/discussions/0/3419936083025374366/?ctp=2
Glad I am not really into Adventure games any more. Ironically my first computer game was King's Quest 4 (Perils of Rosella). I was too young to know how to play without help so I just followed a guide. Ultimately those games felt like I was just acting out a book/story and not really playing a game. Once I experienced Doom then I moved on to other genres lol.

My Steam Deck arrived today.

That is all.
https://github.com/mikeroyal/Steam-Deck-Guide

The Steam Deck is going to make you buy so many games just to test out on the Deck. I have not bought so many Steam summer sale games since I first got my gaming laptop 5 years ago after a long hiatus from PC gaming. I use Heroic Games Launcher to play my EPIC games. I also use it to install my GOG games. I still have issues getting GOG games to work (especially older DOS-based games) but the trick for some games is to copy the dosbox config files from the "Support" folder and place them into the same directory as the executable. There are guides on Youtube but some may be outdated. Let me know if you need help getting started with anything and I can help.

https://github.com/mikeroyal/Steam-Deck-Guide

The Steam Deck is going to make you buy so many games just to test out on the Deck. I have not bought so many Steam summer sale games since I first got my gaming laptop 5 years ago after a long hiatus from PC gaming. I use Heroic Games Launcher to play my EPIC games. I also use it to install my GOG games. I still have issues getting GOG games to work (especially older DOS-based games) but the trick for some games is to copy the dosbox config files from the "Support" folder and place them into the same directory as the executable. There are guides on Youtube but some may be outdated. Let me know if you need help getting started with anything and I can help.
That's quite a github link! For me, the Deck is part PC, part emulation device. I've already setup EmuDeck and transferred some of my digital library over to the device. PS2 is fiddly to tweak, but I will be happy to finally have a portable system to play PS2 classics.

As for Steam purchases, I already have a 1600+ game library.

... and I already bought 5 more to play on it.

That's quite a github link! For me, the Deck is part PC, part emulation device. I've already setup EmuDeck and transferred some of my digital library over to the device. PS2 is fiddly to tweak, but I will be happy to finally have a portable system to play PS2 classics.

As for Steam purchases, I already have a 1600+ game library.

... and I already bought 5 more to play on it.
It truly is an amazing device. Imagine future iterations with better battery life and more intuitive docking functions that can easily switch resolutions for a "home console" experience. If Playstation starts migrating their games to Steam then there would be no reason to own a console. XBOX games are already on PC. All of Nintendo's games, including Switch, are already emulatable on PC.

Some of the issues I had with Heroic Games Launcher and GOG seem to be getting fixed as well with more time. The community around optimizing this device is huge. I was worried earlier about "Songs of Conquest" possibly not working on the Deck but I was able to get it running with Heroic Games Launcher without issue (likely since it is a newer game). Heroic Bash Launcher automatically generates "run scripts" for these non-steam games and adds them to a "non-steam" games section with the artwork too. It is missing the metadata you would get from the Steam version of course but otherwise it easily integrates with the rest of my library.

bread's done
Back