Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Don't fall for it unless you're gonna play it right away. Firaxis games always get bundled somewhere, and/or hit 80+% off with all DLC eventually

Waiting for all the DLC is probably for the best anyway. They're releasing in waves so, what? Are they really expecting you to play the 40-60 hour campaign over again for each one? Since popping into an old save just to mess around with a new character for an hour or two doesn't really sound great for the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't fall for it unless you're gonna play it right away. Firaxis games always get bundled somewhere, and/or hit 80+% off with all DLC eventually
True buying Civilization 6 at launch was one of my worst ideas with how much DLC it ended up getting. Was pretty bare bones at launch. Whenever Civilization 7 launches I recommend you do that too unless you're desperate for more Civilization.

On another note I'm likely buying my Steam sale games today. Probably getting Arcana Heart 3 LOVEMAX SIXSTARS!!!!!! XTEND and Prodigal as they're cheap and only on Steam and look like fun games (I played an older Arcana heart years ago).

My maybes are all in the pile and I may just get them, try them all 15 minutes and see what I want to play but the prices aren't as good. If anyone has any comments on these (or the other two I said) please post:

Brotato/20 Minutes Till Dawn 2 pack

I Was a Teenage Exocolonist

Indies' Lies

Space Gladiators

Wildermyth (Would likely buy elsewhere so no chance for refund)

Yeah, its tempting but I won't bite given all the skins etc. they put in the legendary edition. Civ6 was one of my big regrets buying on release even at $48. The only dlc I've ever gotten for it was via humble monthly stuff.

Also about Midnight Suns, I am 100% sure there was previously a "complete your collection" bundle including it and a bunch of XCOM stuff. I already had the XCOM stuff so just Midnight Suns would have been $50.99, or 15% off. But they have removed that bundle from the game's store page during the sale. I would at least wait until the game is on sale and you can get the bundle discount on top of it

Also about Midnight Suns, I am 100% sure there was previously a "complete your collection" bundle including it and a bunch of XCOM stuff. I already had the XCOM stuff so just Midnight Suns would have been $50.99, or 15% off. But they have removed that bundle from the game's store page during the sale. I would at least wait until the game is on sale and you can get the bundle discount on top of it
I just got a new prebuilt with a 3060 GTX included. Does this qualify for those free game offers from Nvidia or does the GPU have to be a standalone purchase?

I have such a big back log already, and that grew because of getting a Steam Deck. Not sure if I should indulge or wait for a comparable sale down the road.
Same. Great deal but I've been busy with work and other things that I've barely had time to play games and there's already a few dozen things in my back log.

xAI9JMv.gif

37cuX9F.jpg

I have such a big back log already, and that grew because of getting a Steam Deck. Not sure if I should indulge or wait for a comparable sale down the road.
I should get back to this - but I do feel HZD, Death Stranding, and Days Gone suffer from open-world syndrome. Yes, all of these are also good w/ story & character stuff, from what I've played - but they also do have that UbiSoft feel to them of tons of side stuff to do on a map and repetitive type of missions/quests.

Hitman 3 being rebranded to Hitman: World of Assassination Collection:

-> https://www.gameinformer.com/2023/01/03/hitman-3-becomes-hitman-world-of-assassination-includes-access-to-1-and-2

Notes:

-> Hitman Reboot since 2016 been confusing, as Hitman CN 47 (Hitman 1), Hitman 2: Silent Assassin & Hitman 3: Contracts exist (i.e. The Original Hitman Classic Trilogy).

-> They are making this easier there in that sense, rebranding Hitman 3 (2018) package to Hitman: World of Assassination.

-> This new Hitman: WoA Package includes Hitman 2016, Hitman 2 (2018) & Hitman 3 (2021)...and all of its Access Pass/DLC's for content for each game.

-> Hitman 3 owners will get a Free Upgrade to the New Edition.

-> Access of the old Hitman 2016 & Hitman 2 (2018) content will be granted to Hitman 3 owners through the Access Pass system.

-> For non-owners, $70 for the entire Hitman: World of Assassination Package (with All Access Passes/DLC's for each game).

Glad I didn't bite on the Hitman Humble Bundle a couple weeks ago. Now I can buy Hitman 3 for $20.99 and get basically the whole thing minus a bit of DLC.

I hope there's a Cheap Upgrade path for those (like myself) owning Hitman GOTY (2016) and Hitman 2 GOTY (2018) that basically only need Hitman 3 Complete (2020).

-> For non-owners, $70 for the entire Hitman: World of Assassination Package (with All Access Passes/DLC's for each game).
Just a correction: $70 only gets you the DLC for the first game. It's $30 extra for the Hitman 2 DLC, Hitman 3 Deluxe, and Hitman 3 Seven Deadly Sins, with the cost going down if you own any of the three already. Everything I've heard about Hitman 3 is that the paid DLC is easily skippable, but the two DLC maps for Hitman 2 (NY and Haven Island) are terrific.

What's weird is that unless I'm missing something, if you own Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 Gold already, and just want Hitman 3 base, the price is technically going up. At least the MSRP is, from $60 to $70. But I'm guessing sale prices will be roughly identical.

Can someone help my son out? He got a meta quest 2 and wants to know where he can get cheap games as well. Do any of these sites sell codes for that headset?

I hope there's a Cheap Upgrade path for those (like myself) owning Hitman GOTY (2016) and Hitman 2 GOTY (2018) that basically only need Hitman 3 Complete (2020).
Same. Was waiting for Hitman 3 to hit $10 or so, as I did with the complete versions of the first two.

From what I gather only the Hitman 2 DLC adds substantial content (2 new maps). The Hitman 3 DLC all seems to be fluff. It looks like the best way to buy it is to buy Hitman 3 for $20.99 on sale and then buy the Hitman 2 DLC for $10 on the 26th. All you will be missing after that are the seven deadly sins and some random skins/contracts.

From what I gather only the Hitman 2 DLC adds substantial content (2 new maps). The Hitman 3 DLC all seems to be fluff. It looks like the best way to buy it is to buy Hitman 3 for $20.99 on sale and then buy the Hitman 2 DLC for $10 on the 26th. All you will be missing after that are the seven deadly sins and some random skins/contracts.
The way it reads, if you're missing the two Hitman 2 DLC maps then you'd need to go all in on the $30 Deluxe upgrade to get them after the 26th. Which makes it a potentially wise move to just get Hitman 2 Gold for $12.xx from GMG while its still on sale and then add Hitman 3 base while it's on sale ($17.xx at GMG or $21 at Steam).

EDIT: Reading the IO Interactive page on the transition, it seems like only on Steam will there be a $30 "Complete Your Collection"-style deluxe upgrade. On other storefronts it looks like the three DLC in the deluxe upgrade will be available a la cart for $10 a piece.

These hitman games have always made my head hurt. I still don't know for sure if I have all the dlc needed from the first two games to play the missions in the second game or whatever. So if I read this right the price goes up to $70 if you don't buy into game 3 now? Those of us with the first two games get no discounts? Do I need the deluxe version of 3 or do the first two games count for something?

No kidding. That is 2 freebies in a month on gog and doom eternal glory kill simulator for humble bundle.
In the past year alone I've gotten Wolfenstein TNO, Dishonored 1 and 2, Oblivion GOTY, Fallout 1/2/Tactics/3/NV/76, Prey, Quake 1, Doom 64 and now TEW2. This year is also the 30th anniversary of Doom so don't be shocked if Epic gives the whole collection at some point.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

STALKER 2 - PC requirements are up:

-> https://store.steampowered.com/app/1643320/STALKER_2_Heart_of_Chornobyl/

-> https://gameranx.com/updates/id/424180/article/new-trailer-for-stalker-2-released-along-with-pc-specs/

MINIMUM:

• OS Version: Windows 10 / Windows 11
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X / Intel Core i5-7600K
  • Memory: 8 GB
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Disc space: 150 GB SSD
RECOMMENDED:

• OS Version: Windows 10 / Windows 11
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X / Intel Core i7-9700K
  • Memory: 16 GB
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
  • Disc space: 150 GB SSD

Ah, crap, now I have to go dig up my old list of bundled games to see which ones I already own and haven’t bothered adding to my library. Where the frig did I leave that, again?

Think I'm done buying from the winter sale. Ended up with

Elden Ring (double dipped to replace my PS5 copy)

Ready or Not

Deep Rock Galactic

Hitman 3 (after I heard about the free upgrades)

Max Payne 3

LA Noire

GTA IV Complete

Days Gone

Diablo 2 + 3 (battlenet)

I'm good for awhile.

Hey, I also bought games. And not just one or a couple, but a few! But definitely not several. I mean who am I, Mr. Moneybags?

- Hitman 3 (because I can only wait so long for it to show up in a Humble Choice)

- God of War (technically bought before the Steam sale and not on Steam but whatever)

- Pilgrims (Amanita doesn't miss)

I guess I'm done with sale purchases...

Purchases for me:

Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar (didn't figure it would ever be cheaper)

From Beyond Prologue

Gifted to me:

Chasm

Halfway

Gifted to others:

Timespinner

Minoria

I went hard (too hard?):

- SNKRX
- Roadwarden
- Curse of the Dead Gods
- Ender Lilies
- Tainted Grail: Conquest (Bundle)
- Gordion Quest (Bundle)
- Alina of the Arena (Bundle)
- Arkos
- Rats, Bats, And Bones
- Astlibra
- Crystal Project
- Wunderling DX
- Fuga: Melodies of Steel
- Agarest Generations of War Complete Series
- Chained Echoes
- Vampire Survivors DLC

Gifts:
- Elden Ring
- Divinity Original Sin 2
- Celeste
- Hades
- Shadowrun Hong Kong
- Pathfinder Kingmaker
- Yakuza Kiwami 2
- Resident Evil 2 REmake

I went hard (too hard?):

- SNKRX
- Roadwarden
- Curse of the Dead Gods
- Ender Lilies
- Tainted Grail: Conquest (Bundle)
- Gordion Quest (Bundle)
- Alina of the Arena (Bundle)
- Arkos
- Rats, Bats, And Bones
- Astlibra
- Crystal Project
- Wunderling DX
- Fuga: Melodies of Steel
- Agarest Generations of War Complete Series
- Chained Echoes
- Vampire Survivors DLC

Gifts:
- Elden Ring
- Divinity Original Sin 2
- Celeste
- Hades
- Shadowrun Hong Kong
- Pathfinder Kingmaker
- Yakuza Kiwami 2
- Resident Evil 2 REmake

I figured prices from the Black Friday Sale and Winter Sale would be the same, and that was mostly true. At least that held true for most games on my wishlist. So I bought a few then and only ended up spending about $7 on a few lower priced games.

I made a greater effort to play and finish more games in 2022, and I succeeded. In the past I've gotten caught up in a handful of nearly endless games and ignored a ton of great story-based games.

Every time I look and my profile and see all those games sitting there unplayed makes me hesitant to throw many more onto the pile. So, I figure finishing some will make me feel better about my hoarding problem.

My Haul from Christmas 2022/New Year's 2023:

Epic Store:

Days Gone.

All the freebies.

Steam:

Ghost Recon OG -> Ghost Recon (base-game), Thunder Island (exp.) & Desert Siege (exp.).

The Sum of All Fears

Broken Sword 4: The Fallen Angel (to complete the Broken Sword Collection pack on Steam)

Outward: The Three Brothers

ARMA 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC

Other Stuff:

December Humble Bundle w/ Wasteland 3 and other games.

Bento Bundle from Fanatical.

Anthem (EA Origin/App key) from Amazon DVG.

Immortals: Fenyx Rising - Gold Edition from UbiSoft Connect.

Playstation Store: 

Anthem

Steam: 

Outlaws

Stray (won via giveaway on the Alienware site)

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC

Ended up passing on Red Dead Redemption 2, put it on the Wishlist though.

Playstation Store:

Anthem

Steam:

Outlaws

Now I'm debating between the following... in the last minutes of the sale

Red Dead Redemption 2

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (Just confirmed that Trails in the Sky works on the Steam Deck)
I personally would go with Legends...I enjoy that series...played 1 - 4 of trails of cold steel (have to start at #1) and as much as i enjoyed RDR1, RDR2 was too slow and just couldnt get into

Playstation Store:

Anthem

Steam:

Outlaws

Now I'm debating between the following... in the last minutes of the sale

Red Dead Redemption 2

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (Just confirmed that Trails in the Sky works on the Steam Deck)
RDR2 is awesome.

I dunno if that works on the Deck - but probably would be worth finding out if it does; and also well or poorly it runs.

Does Rockstar Store even work on the Deck? Or can it be bypassed?

Never played of the TLOH - and still dunno how I missed them, even when Trails was Bundled years ago. And it probably is something I'd like, too. Maybe I'm just cheap. [shrug]

Dang, I'd probably ever ever play it but i wouldnt mind having that in my library and this one had advance notice. is there a reddit or something to keep up with delistings?
The Delisted Games website, delistedgames.com/watch-list/ , is good for tracking games that are going to be delisted. The Watch List is very useful, everything is grouped by date

I went kinda overboard on the sales...

Received for Christmas: Spiderman, and Spiderman Miles Morales

Purchased with received gift card for Steam: Midnight Suns/Xcom bundle to complete the collection

Purchased because I have no impulse control:

STEAM:

RDR2 Ultimate Edition

Circadian Dice

ZERO Sievert

Graveyard Keeper collection

Gotham Knights

Borderlands The Handsome Collection (to complete it)

Soulstone Survivors

World of Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy 3D Remake

Len's Island

Vampire Survivor DLC

FANATICAL (bundles):

Escape Room Triple Pack

Hercule Poirot The First Cases

Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo

Ghost of a Tale

Lost Ember

UCONNECT:
Ghost Recon Wildlands Season Pass (to complete that)

There's probably more...I'm afraid to look :D

RDR2 is awesome.

I dunno if that works on the Deck - but probably would be worth finding out if it does; and also well or poorly it runs.

Does Rockstar Store even work on the Deck? Or can it be bypassed?

Never played of the TLOH - and still dunno how I missed them, even when Trails was Bundled years ago. And it probably is something I'd like, too. Maybe I'm just cheap. [shrug]
From what I have read, the game does work... but it does push the system pretty hard when configured for a locked 30FPS experience.

I may hold off on that as I really have a ton of backlog games to go through.

My 'Haul'

Steam:
Outward: Three Brothers
DEATH STRANDING Director's Cut Upgrade

Epic:
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Ubi:
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Far Cry New Dawn

I'm so excited that I've already begun not playing my new games.

Crap, I forgot about Immortal too.

I bought that from Ubi too w/ the $10 off coupon.

Someone mentioned Anthem - and yeah, I bought that too w/ Amazon GC $ from Binging my life away.

Someone mentioned Anthem - and yeah, I bought that too w/ Amazon GC $ from Binging my life away.
I started playing it on PC, before switching to PS4/5 and have been enjoying it. I don't like the city structure in between missions, but there are still people out there playing.

I made a greater effort to play and finish more games in 2022, and I succeeded. In the past I've gotten caught up in a handful of nearly endless games and ignored a ton of great story-based games.
I setup a Steam library bucket labelled "Games to Play on 2023." With my new ones and old ones mixed.

Goal is to play, but not necessarily beat all of them.

I'm creating a similar tracker for my physical games.

Since I'm complete in all my professional studies, I'm making it my goal to beat 24 games this year. Time for a year of hardcore goofing off!

bread's done
Back