Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
liquid-pour.gif

lance-bosch.gif
bullshit-lier.gif

There will never be a Steam Deck 3... everyone knows Valve can't count to 3.
Oh damn you right, you right.

In all honesty though its you want better battery, ergonomics and screen go buy one of the 1000+ dollar 6800U handhelds.

Steam Decks are heavily subsidized be as cost effective as possible to get people into the ecosystem. I doubt unless Oleds cost close to the same as LCDs or Hall Effect sensors cost the same as potentiometer, Valve will ever put them in a sub 500 unit, maybe they make a low quantity pro model for 800+.

As for ergonomics, thats just subjective per person. I have regular sized hands and it feels fine to me.

Battery is just to many variables, want a powerful CPU that can play triple A? Have bad battery life. Want a great battery time? Here's an under-volted less powerful cpu that struggles to make games "pretty".

I think Valve did a great job balancing it. Remember the Steam deck on release played basically every game up to that point. With varying battery life, on an unsupported OS using basically an emulation layer, and for half the price of the competitors.

I would love to see a Windows Based Steam OS but I doubt it will ever happen due to Windows not being open and even then backwards comparability sucks. I have a handful of Steam games my W11 R7 3800X and 3070 cant run that the Steam Deck runs perfectly fine (Looking at you Bionic Commando Rearmed).

Last edited by a moderator:
Any absolute pc only gems in these sales I should be grabbing, my steam library is very thin. Only had steamdeck for a month.
Not sure how well, poor and/or even if these work on the Deck, so...go check around and see what you can dig up.

Here's some PC exclusives:

01. STALKER Collection (SOC and COP rule) - https://store.steampowered.com/sub/35983/

02. Vampire Bloodlines (my favorite game of all time, despite my list of complaints on it) - https://store.steampowered.com/app/2600/Vampire_The_Masquerade__Bloodlines/

03. Deus Ex 1 GOTY (best game ever) [this version is exclusive, even if another version was on PS2] - https://store.steampowered.com/app/6910/Deus_Ex_Game_of_the_Year_Edition/

04. EYE Divine Cybermancy (probably the craziest FPS/RPG ever) - https://store.steampowered.com/app/91700/EYE_Divine_Cybermancy/

05. BLOOD: Fresh Supply - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1010750/Blood_Fresh_Supply/

06. The Witcher 1: EE - https://store.steampowered.com/app/20900/The_Witcher_Enhanced_Edition_Directors_Cut/

07. Freedom Force Collection - https://store.steampowered.com/sub/1662/

Great games, but not entirely PC exclusive:

01. Half-Life: Complete (HL1, HL2 & its 2 Episodes) - https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/231/HalfLife_Complete/

02. Black Mesa (Half-Life 1 Remake) - https://store.steampowered.com/app/362890/Black_Mesa/

03. FEAR Collection - https://store.steampowered.com/sub/12357/

04. RE4 Ultimate HD version - https://store.steampowered.com/app/254700/resident_evil_4_2005/

05. Bioshock Collection - https://store.steampowered.com/sub/127633/

He was also on Fringe, and I think Haven as well.
Also on Bosch and Oz. After Oz and before The Wire he made the Law & Order rounds so its also cool to see him show up in a minor role.

I started the Diablo IV beta this morning right after work. Played only about an hour and a half. No queue issues this morning so maybe the rest of it will be smooth. I'm liking it so far. Way more story than in the previous games but each version has had more and more story.

My biggest problem, and not at all the games fault is my back is bugging me so hunkering over a keyboard is a bit problematic right now. Going to try to get it to feel more normal and hive it some more play. (Though I might have to breakdown and try it with a controller... Man, does that sound blasphemous than Disblo himself or what?)

Days Gone PC.

Took me about 96 hours in total, but I finally finished Days Gone PC. Really enjoyed it, for the most part. Felt long and all, in terms of hours and all - similar to Red Dead Redemption 2 - but I still really liked it and wanted to see the story until the very end. The story stuff, character stuff, and just driving around the game-world itself on the motorcycle was awesome. Fantastic PC port technically, as it just ran fantastic and the gameplay was fantastic control-wise. Some repetitive side-stuff (destroy X this, wreck X nests, kill this, fix X generators, etc.) feel right out of the UbiSoft camp - and there is a lot of them, too - but the main mission stuff was great, for the most part. And man, some missions are just tough too; especially Horde missions. The Hordes could be brutal to take on, if you don't go equipped properly or know you're going into a mission against them and/or screw-up when using the environment traps - but there are some ways to cheese that. Regardless, awesome game, even with its warts and all - and there ain't that many warts with this one. Despite the few minor things here...given that Days Gone is a fantastic PC technical port;  has a really good story & character stuff; has a really cool world (zombie-apoc' in Oregon) to ride your awesome bike in; and an overall awesome game - this is definitely worth playing.

Also on Bosch and Oz. After Oz and before The Wire he made the Law & Order rounds so its also cool to see him show up in a minor role.

I started the Diablo IV beta this morning right after work. Played only about an hour and a half. No queue issues this morning so maybe the rest of it will be smooth. I'm liking it so far. Way more story than in the previous games but each version has had more and more story.

My biggest problem, and not at all the games fault is my back is bugging me so hunkering over a keyboard is a bit problematic right now. Going to try to get it to feel more normal and hive it some more play. (Though I might have to breakdown and try it with a controller... Man, does that sound blasphemous than Disblo himself or what?)
Nothing blasphemous about playing Post-D2 games with a controller, since Diablo's been consolized & streamlined since D3. Diablo hasn't really been Diablo since D2, TBH. [shrug]

Spring Steam Sale.

Purchases (Links Included)

Demo Talk (Green is must play, Yellow is consider, Red is dead)

Too Good For School: River City Girls at Home.

Rules of Alchemy: Remains lead, no gold.

Temple of Snek: Has charm, but poor controls.

Vengeful Caste: Shoddiest VS clone demo I have seen, no real goal or ending.

Nebula: Good space VS clone, but there's a better one...

Terminus: Zombie Survivors: Turn-based Project Zomboid.

Sector 598: I have not idea what this developers MO is, but it's not my vibe.

Time Waster: ... GREAT space VS clone, purchased

Wanna Survive: Lackluster turn based strategy roguelike w/ zambeez

Mr. Saitou:  Fun little adventure, point and click game

Supplice:  Rad, just too much headbob!

Ninja Noboken:  Ninja No-Broken

Meg's Monster:  Very cute JRPG with a novel combat mechanic; feels for reals

Mecha Blade:  Same as Sector 598, just a weird-ass vibe (or weird ass-vibe?)

Kingsblood: I don't like autobattlers, guys.  I figured it out.

Kaiju Catastrophe:  There are better kaiju VS clones

Homeseek:  homestuck... its Fallout aesthetic meets Frostpunk; go play Frostpunk

Hell Slayer:  Not bad, but I got a billion VS clones to play...

Gun King:  ... like Gun King.  Fun VS clone with Chess theme.

FULLYBROKEN: WAY HOME:  Believe it when a game tells you its fully broken.

Final Profit: A Shop RPG:  Recettear this isn't, sad.

Esperia ~ Uprising of the Scarlet Witch:  Y'all like Fire Emblem?

Cygnus Enterprises:  Rogulike~ish with very lite city building elements, it's okay

Flame Keeper:  Could be a great third person roguelike in the near future, but not for me

DESTRUCTURE: Among Debris:  You want an air hockey roguelike with destructible stuffs?  I do.
Deep Rune:  Like Magic Tower; part RPG, part puzzle.  Good times.
The Kynge's Gambit:  A solid roguelike deckbuilder, but I have better ones to play

The Castle Burns:  'Nother low tier VS clone

CasterLords: An actual card based game wherein its more tabletop style; not my thing

Merge & Blade:  Match 3 meets autobattler;  I don't like autobattlers

Gem Worlds:  Meh

Cyclo Chambers:  Almost in the green category VS clone

Cardboard Town:  Sim city deckbuilder, has potential

Striving for the Light: Survival:  Mid VS clone

Deadful River:  I liked it until I got off the boat and then it went to shit

Ouroboros King:  Chess roguelike, not for me

HUMANITY:  Yea, I can see it, but not for me

Xenonauts 2:  You probably know what this is already

Horde Hunters:  Fun VS Clone

Shattered Heaven:  Looks to be a really good deckbuilding RPG similar to Griftlands, but fantasy

Tape to Tape:  Rad arcade hockey game

Shadows of the Forbidden Gods:  Evil civ, I like it.

Undead World:  Low tier Diablo clone

SteamWorld Build:  Just great, as always from these gusy

Bramble: The Mountain King:  You like Inside? Limbo? and Slavick lore?

Metal Mutation:  VS clone, mid

The Shimmering Horizon and Cursed Blacksmith:  Cute mystery dungeon RPG

Let's School:  Not for me, but looks good

My Dream Setup:  Not for me, but looks good

Whisker Squadron: Survivor:  Do you want a BAD Starfox clone?

Pesticide:  Far too fast for me

Plan-B: Terraform: Seems good, but not for me
Bancho Tactics:  Japanese high school turn based tactics beat 'em up, I like it

Arcadian Atlas:  Perhaps a little hopeful, but a FFT clone (I'm a sucker for these)

Top 5 for the lazy:

More demos to play this weekend. 

I didn't realize he was on Oz! Very cool. I haven't seen that in ... probably when it originally aired long ago.

Top 5 for the lazy:

Time Wasters
Time Wasters is fantastic.

BTW I recommend people who are new to Steam sales, buy things on good percentages or if interested in them, and try them for an hour right away. If it's not up your alley, runs horribly, is kind of meh or boring, or something get your Steam refunds. I believe it's up to 2 hours, but usually 1 hour is good enough to see if you want to refund or not. Use this a lot, as refunds for under 2 hours and within 2 weeks (I believe on all these values) are pretty automatic refunds. I've refunded at least 1 game pretty much most Steam sales, as I take chances on some things and they don't always turn out amazingly.

I'm likely buying Octopath Traveler, as I got to that one a bit late on Gamepass. I'm likely cancelling Gamepass before I renew (like the 11th of next month) as I'm only beating like maybe 1 game a month from it...sometimes 2. Just maybe not my best value for the money. I will try out the 15 or so games I haven't tried yet and could give some impressions.

I'm likely buying Octopath Traveler, as I got to that one a bit late on Gamepass. I'm likely cancelling Gamepass before I renew (like the 11th of next month) as I'm only beating like maybe 1 game a month from it...sometimes 2. Just maybe not my best value for the money. I will try out the 15 or so games I haven't tried yet and could give some impressions.
Hey, since you played that a bit on Gamepass, how is Octopath Traveler?

Hey, since you played that a bit on Gamepass, how is Octopath Traveler?
If you've played Romancing Saga games, it's like an easier to get into one. Quite beautiful graphics, slower moving gameplay where you need to break the enemies' defenses by attacking them with what they're weak to, and a decent enough story. I only got into chapter 2 stories before it left Gamepass, so I didn't go to far in the story. It is quite slow and a bit generic at times, but things add up to be something pretty good. It also doesn't help that every character has I believe 4 chapters of story, and when you're in those stories, they're the main characters and your other characters are just there. I believe in the sequel they made the characters interact more outside of the chapters and have shared chapters as well. I believe $20 is the perfect price for the game, but this is probably the best I can get for the near future. I should also mention that every character has specific weapons/magic they can only employ, and they're not the most customizable IMHO. Romancing Saga has a mass amount of customization around weapons/magic, but weaker stories. I do like Octopath Traveler enough to want to play it, but probably most people would just be happy playing the sequel, as I don't think they're really connected much.

Never played a Romancing Saga. So, with its multiple stories, is this similar to say FF6?
Kind of. It's almost just a bunch of unrelated stories and in the end I believe there is a true route after all the chapters are completed encompassing all the characters. I'd actually compare it to some visual novels where characters after a general common route gets their routes and often there is a true route after completing the other characters stories to completely finish the game. FF6 has the stronger story though as multiple characters get their due throughout the story, but some characters are generally important no matter how the story is going.

Thanks for all of that, Nitro. Really interesting stuff - especially w/ the multiples stories and then they merge thing. Octopath games and SaGA looks really interesting; never looked much into those.

So, I know this might be a loaded question - but what do you think are the best of the SaGa games? How are they? 

I've only played Romancing Saga 2-3, Saga Frontier 1-2, and Romancing Saga Minstrel Song, but I'll give a curveball and put a game inspired by Saga games in the Alliance Alive. This probably combines the best of both worlds with extremely customizable characters in attacks/spells and an actual story, which very few of the Saga games have a comprehensible story. I liked the characters enough and felt the difficulty was just right. Saga games are known to have major difficulty spikes if you end up in the wrong area or such, which makes game like Saga Frontier extremely difficult without a guide. I like punishing games but they're not for everyone. Alliance Alive was neat though, and a great follow up from the somewhat mediocre Legend of Legacy.

There is also another Saga game SaGa SCARLET GRACE which I haven't played, but I believe also features multiple protagonists and a similar saga battling system. These games are all punishing, quite random in level ups and when you learn moves, but are fun and have a lot going on systems wise. I feel the Octopath Traveler games developers looked at these older games and kind of tried to evolve from them. Octopath Travelers doesn't have the customization the Saga games have, but does have some. They're all for a very niche audience, but I do recommend trying them out it you like the mechanics of pretty customizable characters. The stories don't really come with them sans Saga Frontier 2, which I found quite excellent, but really doesn't feel much like the other Saga games. Also Unlimited Saga for the PS2 is a major black sheep and should likely not be played by anyone, although I never played it back in the day. One note is that a lot of Saga games (2, 3, Scarlet, Frontier, Minstrel Song) as well as Alliance Alive are on Steam, and I believe have alright ports.

I didn't realize he was on Oz! Very cool. I haven't seen that in ... probably when it originally aired long ago.

Time Wasters is fantastic.
Time Wasters is one of the few games that look to explore the same vein as Vampire Survivors that gets the feeling of the game right.
It's managing to be fun even in the first few runs where you're not only bad at the game, but have few-to-no powerups.

Days Gone PC.

Took me about 96 hours in total, but I finally finished Days Gone PC. Really enjoyed it, for the most part. Felt long and all, in terms of hours and all - similar to Red Dead Redemption 2 - but I still really liked it and wanted to see the story until the very end. The story stuff, character stuff, and just driving around the game-world itself on the motorcycle was awesome. Fantastic PC port technically, as it just ran fantastic and the gameplay was fantastic control-wise. Some repetitive side-stuff (destroy X this, wreck X nests, kill this, fix X generators, etc.) feel right out of the UbiSoft camp - and there is a lot of them, too - but the main mission stuff was great, for the most part. And man, some missions are just tough too; especially Horde missions. The Hordes could be brutal to take on, if you don't go equipped properly or know you're going into a mission against them and/or screw-up when using the environment traps - but there are some ways to cheese that. Regardless, awesome game, even with its warts and all - and there ain't that many warts with this one. Despite the few minor things here...given that Days Gone is a fantastic PC technical port; has a really good story & character stuff; has a really cool world (zombie-apoc' in Oregon) to ride your awesome bike in; and an overall awesome game - this is definitely worth playing.
I played it back on ps4..and second all this. Wasn't super interested before I started it, then gameplay and story really hooked me.

Has anyone played Peglin and/or Backpack hero? I'm always skeptical about getting games in early access with some being alright (Revita...will revisit once 2.0 comes along in which I can give my thoughts on it) and some just taking a while to 1.0 release. I know games like Vampire Survivors rocked before getting a full release, but many others sputter or never make it to that full release. 

Thank you for recommendations guys, I own hades on switch and ps5. Keep the recommendations coming
Teardown runs decently on the deck and it has been fun to play through with my kids. The discount it is at is only 20%, but I believe it's base price is going up soon so this might be the cheapest it will be for awhile.

I've been having a bunch of fun with D4. Just did the world boss tonight and it went pretty well (outside of a solid 7-8 deaths). I played it for maybe an hour yesterday before it crashed and I didn't want to sit through another 15 minute queue. Played a few more hours today and it's been pretty stable, no issues even with a lot going on with the world boss.

I've been having a bunch of fun with D4. Just did the world boss tonight and it went pretty well (outside of a solid 7-8 deaths). I played it for maybe an hour yesterday before it crashed and I didn't want to sit through another 15 minute queue. Played a few more hours today and it's been pretty stable, no issues even with a lot going on with the world boss.
I didn't do the world boss, I wasn't sure were to go, what level I needed to be, and frankly I was just to the part were the world opens up and you see other players. Maybe tomorrow? Next weekend for sure.

I have some stuttering were it's obvious something is going on in the backend, but I'm not seeing any performance issues that are game breaking but they got to fix it. I can easy see someone's HC character dying to them.

I'm up to level 13 now (I think?) And I'm certainly enjoying my time with it but I'm still unsettled by other players running around. I've played games with hubs (Division) were you can see other players and even shared PcE areas (Marvel Heroes) so I'm not put off by it but it's just seems counter to the Diablo universe... They tell you early on you're the only one who can stop Evil from winning... and two steps later you see a thousand who were also told this.

As I said. It's odd, maybe a bit off putting, but I don't see it being a reason I don't keep my preorder.

The maps are also not random... That's also not very much not Diablo, I was always fascinated by the "it's never the same" gameplay and I think the best at showing it off was the orginal so I guess it was always coming... but its still sad.

Diablo IV beta has me super hopeful about the game now despite how little of the game we saw with just one act.  I really enjoyed it.

Has anyone played Peglin and/or Backpack hero? I'm always skeptical about getting games in early access with some being alright (Revita...will revisit once 2.0 comes along in which I can give my thoughts on it) and some just taking a while to 1.0 release. I know games like Vampire Survivors rocked before getting a full release, but many others sputter or never make it to that full release.
I played backpack hero and it is awesome. Very unique game and I loved it.

In case you feel like you’ve somehow finally gotten enough copies of Cat Lady, Lorelai (from the same dev) is currently free on the front page of GOG.

About Diablo 4, for all those in the Beta and as long as there's No NDA, some questions:

- Can we sink points into stat number like D1 and D2? Or is it dumbed-down like D3?

- Can we level-up and actually choose different skills? Or do we earn ONE very specific skill every level like D3?

- Also, how's the Loot tables and pools? Are they trash like D3 original? Or good like D3 once Loot 2.0 patch launched right along w/ RoS?

- So, this is probably always online like D3, eh??

About Diablo 4, for all those in the Beta and as long as there's No NDA, some questions:

- Can we sink points into stat number like D1 and D2? Or is it dumbed-down like D3?

- Can we level-up and actually choose different skills? Or do we earn ONE very specific skill every level like D3?

- Also, how's the Loot tables and pools? Are they trash like D3 original? Or good like D3 once Loot 2.0 patch launched right along w/ RoS?

This is my first Diablo game, so I can't compare to others, but you get periodic ability points and then you pick from several options in a skill tree. As you assign more points, the skill tree opens up and some abilities allow more than one point to be assigned, such as damage reduction from melee attacks can have 3 points assigned to increase the percentage. I'm playing a Rogue who uses daggers and a bow, but I couldn't figure out how to use the bow. Finally looked it up and I need to assign at least one point to one of the bow abilities to enable the bow.

For loot, again I can't compare, but I've been getting a good selection of armor pieces and weapons that's allowing me to steadily improve, plus I get a bunch of spares that I can sell. I haven't really found anything to spend the gold on yet though.

It is always online. I've seen other players in one of the towns, but that's it. I didn't try playing the first day since I heard there were a lot of problems, but since then it only takes about a minute or less to get into a game.

Beta will be open this weekend, just try it for yourself.

There is no ability stats (Strength, Dexterity, etc.) points to sink, its done automatically. You do get points for the skill tree and after you spend enough (I think its 7) you can then chose from the next tier. Each tier has a combination of skills and passives to put points in. (the skills have a max of 5 points. Rather or not your gear lets you go above those 5 points I honestly don't know but gear can gives you skill ranks too.) The skills also have their own little "mini tree" were one point will make the skill better and then you'll have to choose from two options. (so two points can be spent this way.) The last option might make it do extra damage will the other option could lower cool downs.

So skills can be used whenever (basically your basic attack), others use resources (like mana), and others are on a cool down.

If you want too you can have multiple skills from each tier. So more like D2 but you can respec on the fly if you want or need too. At like level 20 this was costing me 50 gold. (When I had about 24K. So I can see the cost being changed.) I ran into a boss I could not beat with what I had chosen and after a few failures I respec right out of its doors and was finally successful. (I chose poison trap/poison arrows and tried to keep a pillar between me and it at all times.)

Not sure on loot pools but I had a couple of legendaries that dropped that were noticeably better than what I had previously. Uniques will be in the final game but were not in the beta. (I think in all of my play I had 3 drops for a class that I was not playing.)

Yes, it is always online and you will see others in town and out in the open areas. I never saw another player in any dungeon I was exploring so I think those are individual instances unless you are in a party.

Beta will be open this weekend, just try it for yourself.
Yup, everyone even slightly interested should give it a try. I think you can download it right now. Servers are back online on Friday at 9 AM PDT.

Same here. Made it to 20 before declaring myself done for this week.

Did anyone else run into the Butcher? If so did you survive? (I sure the hell didn't.)
Twice, first time he killed me in two hits, second time he hopped back to hell while I was trying to kite him around. Apparently you have a time limit with him.

There is a skill tree, like IoA said, it is more complex than D3 but nothing like what PoE has. I can confirm that items can push you above five on skills. I had 7 in one skill on my Rogue at level 25 because of items.

The loot is MUCH better than D3 at launch. I was finding lots of interesting yellow items and found a few legendary items from random mobs, dungeon bosses and the chests that spawn at the end of area events. And the world boss dropped me three legendary items along with a chest that seemed to either be a one time or daily/weekly thing and that had three or four more in it. No idea how rare unique items will be and there are no set items at all for now. But no mess like D3 had at launch where you were lucky to have a decent yellow unless you went shopping at the AH.

One impression from my Steam sale haul Time Wasters after about 8 hours. Honestly I think it's a waste of time if you get it now in Early Access for a few major reasons. First of all it is a slightly different type of Vampire Survivors game. You are in a ship and go around killing enemies to get gold for level ups. These level ups include survival, traversal and weapons along with a few other utility ones. There are planets with timers for things like gold, health, galaxy cubes (for unlocking stuff permanently after matches), time cubes (5x of them equals 5 level ups in a shop), and a few other things. It's a pretty good loop, and you unlock stuff as you go on. The main issue is the lack of variety of bosses and enemies, and the unfair at times difficulty levels. I also had freezing now and then, but I guess that's to be expected from an early access game. The difficulty puts a hamper as you need masses of DPS, shield, and health to even think of surviving. Three of the main characters have badly programmed main weapons IMHO (a boxing glove that you must bounce things around to do major damage, a set of ships that act and do whatever, and a slime weapon that slows/poisons). You are fine getting other weapons to help these, but they're just not reliable. After the first 2 elites, the 3rd one is a big HP sponge and does loads of damage. You have a low chance to get to it, and when you do you can likely be toast. It became way too punishing and I did end up beating the silver ranking for each character (40 waves), but I was running into a wall afterwards. This game needs some more weapons, enemies, elites, a few more characters to have all the main weapons represented by a character, and a whole lot of balance. I would say wait on this one, but it has potential. 6.5/10

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/03/battlefield-1943-bad-company-1-and-2-and-mirrors-edge-to-be-delisted-from-online-storefronts-on-april-28

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/legacy-sunset

“Starting April 28, 2023, Battlefield 1943, Battlefield: Bad Company 1 and 2, and Mirror’s Edge will be removed from digital storefronts and you will no longer be able to purchase them,” reads the announcement. “This is in preparation for the retirement of the online services for these titles which will happen on December 8, 2023. For Bad Company 1 and 2, and Mirror’s Edge, you can still continue playing them and use their respective offline features, such as the single-player campaign. You can also read our FAQ and Service Updates for further information on the retirement of online services.”

Looks like EA is just going to straight up delist these games that are losing online functionality (even though you can still play the single player content) instead of just updating the game pages to reflect the changes so people can still purchase them.

About BC1+2 and BF1943 for the MP - how about EA hands the tools to the Community and lets them host the MP portions of the games? You know, like the old days for TP/ICP/LAN support? [shrug]

As usual, MP content don't last forever; they don't make offline modes for these with AI/bots - so, yup, they're only rentals for XYZ time period that said-company wants to host them.

Feel bad for any dev's that spent their time, heart, soul and whatnot into making MP-style maps, content, art, combat, etc....only for the plug to get pulled & it goes and fades away into non-existence.

My biggest issue with Diablo 3 was that sets were mandatory due to the need for damage scaling.  It made a lot of the more 'fun' items/weapons useless.

Diablo IV beta has me super hopeful about the game now despite how little of the game we saw with just one act. I really enjoyed it.
Same here. Made it to 20 before declaring myself done for this week.

Did anyone else run into the Butcher? If so did you survive? (I sure the hell didn't.)
Yeah I was pleasantly surprised with the Diablo 4 beta. Definitely feels like the vibe of the game is much closer to D2 than D3, which is a good thing IMO. Most of my gripes were minor UI stuff (wish you could zoom out a bit more, inventory feels a bit small when gems start dropping, etc.). I played a Rogue up to the level 25 cap before calling it quits. Might try a Druid this weekend if the servers stay up.

I just hope they don't ruin it with Immortal style monetization shenanigans!

My biggest issue with Diablo 3 was that sets were mandatory due to the need for damage scaling. It made a lot of the more 'fun' items/weapons useless.
The devs have said basically the same, sets were too powerful and limited what players could/would actually use. It is why sets are not in the game for now and some thought will have to be put into how to use them before they come back.

bread's done
Back