Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Jedi Survivor can join the list of poorly optimized PC ports with poor CPU & VRAM optimizations:

-> https://www.dsogaming.com/news/star-wars-jedi-survivor-appears-to-have-major-cpu-and-vram-optimization-issues-on-pc/

For their (GameStar) review, GameStar used an AMD Ryzen 9 5900X with 32GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090. And, even at 1440p, the Ryzen 9 5900X is unable to maintain even 50fps.

<snip>

An NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti is unable to run the game in 4K, mainly due to VRAM limitations.

<snip>

In fact, we can see in GameStar’s video the game using up to 18GB of VRAM at 1440p. What in the hell is going on here?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a pretty cutting edge PC at the time that Fallen Order released and I remember it ran poorly, and that was during a time when most PC ports were running circles around the console version in every way. Considering the current climate of hot mess PC ports it would have been a miracle if Survivor ran like anything but pure shit.

I don't know if anyone's been following the Asus ROG Ally, but it's been leaked to be around the same price as the steam deck, at least for the higher end model. Supposedly it'll be $700:

https://www.theverge.com/23700094/asus-rog-ally-price-amd-z1-extreme

This is interesting because it's more powerful than the steam deck, and runs on Windows. The lower end model could end up being around $400

What is this ROG Ally thing like GPU-wise?
Its using RDNA3 cores, so its amd's latest cores. Compared to the deck which uses rdna2 ones. The extreme has 12 vs 4 on the non-extreme, thats the biggest difference if they were to offer a non-extreme Ally, thats a pretty big cut. Also for comparison the deck has 8 CUs of the rdna2

I don't know if anyone's been following the Asus ROG Ally, but it's been leaked to be around the same price as the steam deck, at least for the higher end model. Supposedly it'll be $700:

https://www.theverge.com/23700094/asus-rog-ally-price-amd-z1-extreme

This is interesting because it's more powerful than the steam deck, and runs on Windows. The lower end model could end up being around $400
I find it tempting, but for all the wrong reasons. I want a better screen, better ergonomics, and a lighter device than my deck. None of those alone, heck even all three combined wouldn't motivate me to upgrade. If it can deliver all of those with better performance and "community/unofficial" Steam OS support (ie, dual boot Linux), I think I'm strongly tempted. Really wish they'd gone oled though

I don't want to play AAA games on the go, rather I want power efficiency and comfort.

The Deck has a ton of tools for that use case for me, better than the Switch. If the Ally has the same ease of battery optimization, I'd consider it, but I'm super satisfied with Valve's hardware. I trust them to have support longer.

I am wary of all the ROG Ally hype. The Steam Deck seems to be maturing from the standpoint of developer support, community support, and optimization of battery life per game based on TDP. If they can somehow get comparable battery life and are able to leverage the advances made on the Deck (maybe running Holo ISO?) then perhaps it may be worth the screen/power upgrade. 

I would rather just keep using the Deck and wait for VALVE to release a successor. Also, I already splurged on the GPD Win4 (that physical keyboard slideout was too tempting) so I can't justify another one of these things so soon.

I don't want to play AAA games on the go, rather I want power efficiency and comfort.

The Deck has a ton of tools for that use case for me, better than the Switch. If the Ally has the same ease of battery optimization, I'd consider it, but I'm super satisfied with Valve's hardware. I trust them to have support longer.
Great points. If the increased computational power results in more fan noise it's a non starter for me.

Great points. If the increased computational power results in more fan noise it's a non starter for me.
From the articles I've read, it's actually much quieter than the steam deck. One of them said they had a hard time detecting that the fan was working at all because there was so little noise.

Redfall PC Version's System Requirements:
-> https://www.pcgamer.com/redfall-pc-system-requirements-unlock-times/

s73ndjf3hhwa1.jpg

I am wary of all the ROG Ally hype. The Steam Deck seems to be maturing from the standpoint of developer support, community support, and optimization of battery life per game based on TDP. If they can somehow get comparable battery life and are able to leverage the advances made on the Deck (maybe running Holo ISO?) then perhaps it may be worth the screen/power upgrade.

I would rather just keep using the Deck and wait for VALVE to release a successor. Also, I already splurged on the GPD Win4 (that physical keyboard slideout was too tempting) so I can't justify another one of these things so soon.
That's what I was thinking and can people even trust them over valve. I know valve will continue to support SD and make sure things work but this company they might just release another handheld next year and then the year after etc and not continue support in the long run

That's what I was thinking and can people even trust them over valve. I know valve will continue to support SD and make sure things work but this company they might just release another handheld next year and then the year after etc and not continue support in the long run
Lets just say that if you are in the market for the Asus Rog Ally thing, wait out the first gen version. Asus doesn't exactly have a great rep these days. Usually it is just bad customer service on video cards but could be mobo issues now too.

On GMG - Square Enix Golden Sale:

-> https://www.greenmangaming.com/publisher-sale/square-enix/

NIER Automata: YORHA Edition is $20 (non-Gold members) or $16 on (Gold Tier members) on GMG...and that's before any coupons/vouchers (such as APR16, which Souff mentioned above).

NIER: Replicant ver. 1.22xx Remaster looks to be $19.20 for Gold Members on GMG also.

FF15 base-game is $14 and Episode Ardyn DLC is $2 (all GMG Gold Tier pricing there).

Well APR16 was 16% of RRP I think, so it shouldn't have stacked with any sale prices.  And is APR16 even a valid voucher anymore?  I'm not seeing it on the main page of the site.  Perhaps it ended when the Golden Week sale started?

Well APR16 was 16% of RRP I think, so it shouldn't have stacked with any sale prices. And is APR16 even a valid voucher anymore? I'm not seeing it on the main page of the site. Perhaps it ended when the Golden Week sale started?
Quite possible. ITAD shows the code as having three more days validity, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were wrong here.

I think ASUS is going to at least be a better option than the Chinese companies who are either unable or unwilling to provide a customer support experience that western consumers expect. I am glad that more mainstream companies are entering this space to further innovation in this area as it only will benefit us consumers in the long run.

We need to see some advances in technology with regard to battery life (more efficient battery? better cooling? better optimization to reduce battery usage for the same performance?) in order for the handheld gaming experience to further evolve. I think with the rise in popularity of cell phone gaming, we should see more advances in this area. Japanese consumers are really into mobile gaming so there is already a big market. Getting laptop level PC gaming power into a handheld is the next logical step.

If W10 is really the problem w/ Jedi Survivor - oh, I dunno, maybe W10 shouldn't be listed as a system requirement.

It should be W11 only, if that's the case. [shrug]

But, I think that's a bunch of hogwash and this is just an awful technical port across the board.

I think ASUS is going to at least be a better option than the Chinese companies who are either unable or unwilling to provide a customer support experience that western consumers expect. I am glad that more mainstream companies are entering this space to further innovation in this area as it only will benefit us consumers in the long run.

We need to see some advances in technology with regard to battery life (more efficient battery? better cooling? better optimization to reduce battery usage for the same performance?) in order for the handheld gaming experience to further evolve. I think with the rise in popularity of cell phone gaming, we should see more advances in this area. Japanese consumers are really into mobile gaming so there is already a big market. Getting laptop level PC gaming power into a handheld is the next logical step.
Maybe but still it's the price and support etc. Like dont valve make sure games work on steam deck out the gate and more accessible to people with no . Also ive seen this device called onexplayer looks good but the price and the bugs for going steam os.

Jedi Survivor PC port.

It gets worse - if you do NOT take the newest patch, the game at some point that you spent $70 on will BLOCK you from progressing in the story.

Seriously...WTF?

Link on story progression block:
-> https://www.wepc.com/news/ea-appears-to-block-jedi-survivor-story-progression-until-latest-patch-is-installed/

EDIT:
Doesn't Jedi Survivor run like shit on consoles too? What's their excuse for that
Give 'em time; they'll probably blame Epic and their Unreal Engine 4.

Why ya'll buy ANY EA game before the GOTY or Gold or Platinum or All-In edition.... I don't get it.  This is CAG not pay full price for broken games.  That's like buying Bethesda and expecting it to work.

It's like they're all in competition for worst PC port ever.

From Software with Dark Souls PTD PC: "At least we are admitting we aren't good with PC ports. Top this."

Deadly Premonition PC port from Rising Star: "At least your port is functional. Top this!"

WB hires Iron Galaxy for Batman AK: "Worst PC port ever. Top this."

Virtuous hired for TOW: Spacer's Choice Edition: "Hold my beer."

Sony hires Iron Galaxy for TLOU P1: "Hold my beer."
EA for Jedi Survivor: "Hold my 6-pack."

Why ya'll buy ANY EA game before the GOTY or Gold or Platinum or All-In edition.... I don't get it. This is CAG not pay full price for broken games. That's like buying Bethesda and expecting it to work.
I'll be holding out for the freebie via Amazon or maybe a Humble deal in a year or two. I still haven't played the first one that was I think a Prime freebie.

It's like they're all in competition for worst PC port.
Virtuous hired for TOW: Spacer's Choice Edition: "Hold my beer."
Sony hires Iron Galaxy for TLOU P1: "Hold my beer."
EA for Jedi Survivor: "Hold my 6-pack."
So are they just putting their hands on someone's abs?

I'll be holding out for the freebie via Amazon or maybe a Humble deal in a year or two. I still haven't played the first one that was I think a Prime freebie.
Honestly, I went back and 100%'d the first one (I quit after the 1st planet revisit... before Korriban). It was pretty decent. The biggest WHOA for me was the end (of course) but then ... Obi Wan makes no sense because... well maybe the Empire is just stupid or something.

2... I can wait for a bit. It'll be a good game in a few months. I'll let you full price beta testers have at it. Been playing silly $5-15 trash novels/RPGs recently.

bread's done
Back