Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
If you're like me and you got hooked on Vampire Survivors last year and have eagerly devoured the DLC content and have been left wanting more, I recommend keeping an eye on Boneraiser Minions. I think I'll spend the next year or two just playing these stupid games until AAA gaming on PC becomes a real thing again.

If you're like me and you got hooked on Vampire Survivors last year and have eagerly devoured the DLC content and have been left wanting more, I recommend keeping an eye on Boneraiser Minions. I think I'll spend the next year or two just playing these stupid games until AAA gaming on PC becomes a real thing again.
That is remarkably optimistic, I like it.

Damn...this one hits me in the feels...

liquid-pour.gif

gordon-lightfoot.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Redfall.

You can scour the Internet, but sadly it look like Redfall's a total bust in both performance on PC and in being an actual game. Bummer, since I often do love what Arkane does. :(

Now that I might be coming into a Steam Deck, this thread has a whole new relevance...
My favorite aspect of transitioning to the Deck is the forward-compatibility aspect of having my digital purchases and save games travel forward in time with me.

Trek to Yomi review after about 5 hours completing a route.

This game is a 2D action samurai game where you play a guy fighting for different things, oh which I wont spoil. The combat is heavily counter/evade based so you can't just pure button mash. It's pretty good overall and the controls were great with a Series X controller. I didn't struggle doing anything other than some more complicated combos and moves.

This game looks gorgeous in stylized black and white and sounds well. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish stuff in the black and white, but all the important things give a glimmer. The voice acting is really good and the music matches Samurai films of the same style. I loved all of this and was ready to give the game great praise, but then it dragged leading into the gameplay.

The combat is visceral and pretty awesome for maybe like 3 stages. After a while the story, characters, and just about everything drag more and more, especially after an important event halfway through the game. After that certain event everything becomes so similar and is like a slog. The difficulty also picks up more and there is shrines for saves, but some battles in a row after these shrines are hard to complete, along with bosses leading to a lot of do over. I can't tell you how much I was ready for the game to end. The story also goes somewhere I didn't expect, which isn't a good thing. It becomes thinner and more confusing with everything going on. Once I got an ending, it felt more relief I didn't have to do any more battles, or face that horrid last boss and his many phases again (took me 15 times maybe to finish him off on normal). These all bring the game down, and so much could have been cut even though the game was already not super long at five hours.

Overall Trek to Yomi is excellently done and well made, but stretched way more than it should be. I became bored and angry with many cheap losses just because I got surrounded and my timing was off. The story sucked at the end too, when it started decently strongly. I would recommend it bundled, but just know it overstays its welcome by about 2 hours. 6/10

Got the Middle Earth bundle for $7. Might not ever get around to playing them but that is too cheap to pass up.
If thats the same game im thinking of. I bought that game on ps4 many years ago on sale and still havent touched it.
Edit:
Nevermind I was thinking of that Lord of the ring game i think it is.

Got the Middle Earth bundle for $7. Might not ever get around to playing them but that is too cheap to pass up.
It's actually a well made game. I've only played the first of the two games, but I'll definitely be going back. The combat is really solid, the story is okay, and we all know the IP it comes from. It's an open world game that requires you to conquer areas by overthrowing orc captains by being stealthy or just an all-around badass. You know the type.

It almost feels underrated, but the games have been bundled a bit I think. It's a good action pick up at a discount, doubly so if you like LOTR.

It's actually a well made game. I've only played the first of the two games, but I'll definitely be going back. The combat is really solid, the story is okay, and we all know the IP it comes from. It's an open world game that requires you to conquer areas by overthrowing orc captains by being stealthy or just an all-around badass. You know the type.

It almost feels underrated, but the games have been bundled a bit I think. It's a good action pick up at a discount, doubly so if you like LOTR.
Does Monolith even know how to make a bad game?

These guys did Shogo; Blood 1 and 2; FEAR 1 and 2; Condemned; and NOLF series.

I got Mordor series backlogged - but, yeah, I bet it rocks.

Does Monolith even know how to make a bad game?

These guys did Shogo; Blood 1 and 2; FEAR 1 and 2; Condemned; and NOLF series.

I got Mordor series backlogged - but, yeah, I bet it rocks.
You'd probably have to comb through the list to find one if it even exists.

I'm going to take the opposite opinion.  After you beat the boss so many times and it keeps coming back (or you get to the point in the game where it keeps killing you) I feel like both games become very VERY boring.  They are excellent for what they were (which is a time sink) but I really don't think they hold up well.

I enjoyed the combat in the Mordor games but I bounced off both of them before ever getting close to finishing. They didn't feel like complete games to me. But to be fair, hardly any open world games feel like real games to me these days. Don't feel like designing actual levels and missions? Just make it open world!

System Shock Remake.

PC System Requirements:

-> https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/system_shock_has_gone_gold_-_the_game_will_be_released_this_month/1

MINIMUM:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or better
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 2 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770/AMD FX-8350 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or better

System Shock Remake.

PC System Requirements:

-> https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/system_shock_has_gone_gold_-_the_game_will_be_released_this_month/1

MINIMUM:

Processor: Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or better

RECOMMENDED:

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770/AMD FX-8350 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or better
Surprising low requirements.

UPLAY / UbiSoft Connect Store - Legendary Games Sale:

Notes:

- $10 coupon off anything when you spend $20 or more with LEGEND23 voucher (use at Checkout in Promo Code section).

- Lake is also free on giveaway, so add that also to your cart if it's offered to you at Review/Checkout Time.

Just nabbed Far Cry 6: Deluxe ($20 before coupon) & Lake: Standard Edition (Free) for $10.63 after coupons & tax.

Notes:

- $10 coupon off anything when you spend $20 or more with LEGEND23 voucher (use at Checkout in Promo Code section).

- Lake is also free on giveaway, so add that also to your cart if it's offered to you at Review/Checkout Time.

Just nabbed Far Cry 6: Deluxe ($20 before coupon) & Lake: Standard Edition (Free) for $10.63 after coupons & tax.
Weirdly. If you get the Game of the year edition it's 26 bucks after coupon and is essentially the gold edition which is still 100 bucks....

Weirdly. If you get the Game of the year edition it's 26 bucks after coupon and is essentially the gold edition which is still 100 bucks....
For FC6 base-game owners: there's a FC6: GOTY Upgrade Pack for $24 (on sale & the price's before the coupon) actually, which has all of the DLC's (Vaas DLC1, Pagan DLC2, and Seed DLC3) and Lost Between Worlds expansion.

Looks like you can use the coupon multiple times, since I've used it once already (buying FC6 Deluxe)...and this will knock the GOTY Upgrade Pass down to $14 (before tax).

GOTY Upgrade Pass would be $14.88 for me after tax.

Notes:

any idea if this will play on steamdeck? Or is the best option for that route still to go the way of buying through steam? Seems like a hell of a deal

any idea if this will play on steamdeck? Or is the best option for that route still to go the way of buying through steam? Seems like a hell of a deal
No clue, as I don't have a Deck.

I remember they (Ubi) broke UbiSoft Connect on the Deck a few months back, but who knows if they or Proton fixed it since they are now putting games back on Steam again. [shrug]

Anyone have any idea if UPlay by itself is working again on the Steam Deck?

Notes:

Coupon code "LEGEND23" can currently not be added to your cart.

Well that kinda sucks, as the FC6 GOTY upgrade pass was a pretty darn good deal

**EDIT**

Odd. Had to do it via the webpage, not the Ubi client - i was successfully able to apply the coupon. Oh, but look! Now I'm getting "Connection Lost" with the Ubi client...again. Jeebus Christmas.

bread's done
Back