Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Unique bundle... I've had these three games form Team Ladybug on my wishlist for years and they never go on deep sale nor have they been bundled. 

Tempted to fall on my sword and sacrifice my wallet for the bundle fodder gods...

But in seriousness, this is likely the cheapest way to get three great 2D action games; Touhou Luna Nights, Record of Lodoss War, and DRAINUS.

Team Ladybug Bundle - $38.85 (27% off)

I didn't like Luna Nights as much, but it wasn't bad to play. Record of the Lodoss War was pretty awesome though. I played them for around 2 hours each when they were on Gamepass. I want to get the games for like $10 each, but these are quality games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want a new laptop, but sad in no Microcenters near me anymore :(.
This Asus ROG Strix (link below) looks like one of the better laptops that I've seen for its $ at $1100.

And it comes w/ 6800M with 12gb VRAM from Best Buy -> https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-strix-g15-advantage-edition-15-6-qhd-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-9-5980hx-16gb-memory-radeonrx-6800m-512gb-ssd/6486485.p?skuId=6486485

Sometimes, I wish I had that Strix instead of the Gigabyte with the 6gb 3060m, even though I do love that laptop.

I'll get it again when it's bundled and/or $5 since I got the platinum on PS4.

I would love to see the PC version, but not hurry.

Great game, though!

I can't believe I didn't know that Humble bundle website also does individual game sales. Picked up a bunch of great Bethesda and Capcom games to play on my Steam Deck. Any other sites like Humble that do sales and give out Steam Codes?

I can't believe I didn't know that Humble bundle website also does individual game sales. Picked up a bunch of great Bethesda and Capcom games to play on my Steam Deck. Any other sites like Humble that do sales and give out Steam Codes?
Greenmangaming, gamebillet, and gamesplanet are a few others.

Last edited:
I'm a Fanatical fan, but I've used them all.

WinGameStore is another one I'd recommend checking out. And Gamersgate (not associated with Gamergate).

Indiegala occasionally has some stuff on sale as well. Though a lot of more lewd titles like bikini cat girl puzzles are their bread and butter from a glance.

I don't think gog is mentioned either.

Demo Dump™, you know what it is...

Green is good, yellow is mellow, red is dead.

The Ramsey Demo: Very cute action platformer, recommended (but no controller support?)
Demonschool: SRPG meets Persona, LOVE IT
The Pale Beyond: Sea-based survival VN, I like thw writing
Cryptmaster: Couldn't get it to launch properly on my PC
Deliverance & Reign: Great card-based dungeon crawler
Midautumn: Cool vibes, but the colors hurt my eyes and I couldn't figure out mechanics
Marko: Beyond Brave: Beyond boring
Lord Ambermaze: Rote rogue RPG, not for me
Transiruby: Metroidvania, it's good
God of Defense: Tower defense, with cards, and meta progression; I liked it
Decopins: Japanese AF tower defense game, bought it immedieltly
The Invicible: Gorgeous narrative first person adventure title, I liked it
Viewfinder: Interesting projection based mechanics, but not my cup of tea
Halftime Builders: Wholeass busted
Arms Evolution: ZOMBIE DESTROYER: Do you like inscrutibly complex Chinese tower defense games? Cause this is one of em
Long Drop: It's one big poop joke meets a phone game
Murtop: Different take on DigDug, it’s alright
Super Fantasy Kingdom: Tower defense city builder, I enjoyed the demo
Rogue Voltage: It’s megahard, but also satisfying
Core Devourer: A good one of those (VS-like)
Winter Falling: Abstract 2D total war style combat game
Tenebris: Terra Incognita: Sci-Fi party based roguelike RPG, I liked it
Thunderbird: An okay shmup
Sandwalkers: An interesting exploration, caravan survival story with multiple generations
God of Weapons: Backpack Hero (RE4 Item Management) meets VS-like
Legends of Radiance: Clunky 2D Souls-like
Laysara: Summit Kingdom: Unique take on city builder with verticality a component, lovely, and chill
Starvaders: Turn-based, card-based, roguelike deckbuilder. Yes, I liked it.
Ghostpia Season One: A dark VN about ghost girls living in a dead town; some horror elements
Last Monarch: Action roguelike, originally a hentai game; was fun, didn’t need the sexy bits
Bulwark: Another vertical city builder, but I really didn’t understand it well nor liked its looks
Aetheris: Party based roguelike that tries to tell a narrative, wild aesthetic, recommended to look at it
Blade Prince: Persona/Anime style Hades, very solid gameplay using Real Time with Pause combat
Breachway: FTS meets a deckbuilder, but less fiddly ship based stuff; satisfying combos to be had
Exodus Borealis: City builder meets mazing building tower defense, was fun (has furries)

Lazy? Top 5 with links!

Demonschool: Seriously, this Persona themed SRPG is likely going to be a new indie darling
Decopins: You flick donuts to win; I bought it immediately.  It's cute, unique, and fun
Aetheris: this has a lot of potential for you unique builds, but has a unique death mechanic, too

The Pale Beyond: I see this one being another indie darling of a VN style sim game
Super Fantasy Kingdom: The littler touches make this; shifting your screen from the town to the battlefield has a great music transition that is just the best small detail

This was a great batch of demos, lots of good titles.  Perhaps I am more discerning after playing hundreds of them over the past two years... In either case, I have 50 more downloading and a long weekend means I might get some more demos in...

Lastly, gotta talk about the one standout...
Rogue Voltage: Listen, this was almost my #2 in my Top 5, if it wasn't for a few choices.  The aesthetic of this puzzle-based, timing-based, rougelike using junk electronics to fight enemies is 110% my jam.  I sunk some time into this. 

But the issue is that the current demo DEMANDS perfection.  You get some ever so slight meta progression to help with, but this is a game where if you misplay just one action, you could death spiral (and know it's coming...).  Not for the feint of heart as you will likely get rekt in the first few runs. 

The first miniboss will seem impossible, then the first group of enemies after that will seem impossible, and lastly, the final boss...
It's a giant enemy crab.

No weak spots for massive damage, but I managed to destroy the main body in a last ditch effort... only for a claw to STILL BE ALIVE AND KILL ME.
I had to shut the game off after that... It's super frustrating and definitely a game you have to lose to learn.  Some of the junk parts you use require multi-turn sequencing and order of events thinking to win and if you don't remember one enemy ability that might throw off the turn timing, you could lose it all.

Oh, and did I mention rewards are tied to how fast you win a battle and taking too long starts dice rolls for lightning damage, which hits both your characters for 2HP ... out of 5HP total.  So you're likely going long in a hard fight, low HP, and then a random lightning roll murders your party right before you were about to win...

I really want to love the game, and recommend you check it out, but I hope the dev takes my feedback to heart and makes it so at least the base game difficulty isn't murderously frustrating since the combat system is so unique and cool.

Indiegala occasionally has some stuff on sale as well. Though a lot of more lewd titles like bikini cat girl puzzles are their bread and butter from a glance.

I don't think gog is mentioned either.
GOG is definitely great for older titles and sometimes important fixes and/or mods not found in other versions are in the GOG one, since GOG has their curation process.

Plus....DRM-FREE for the win w/ GOG - if you are travelling, gone mobile, and/or got no Internet access...and you just want to play single-player games offline no with strings attached. no client app crap (since Galaxy's usually option) - just play and boot.

Plus, gotta love old-school offline installers you can grab from their web-browser too.

Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection - Volume 1 was also announced.

That'll include Old versions of MGS1, MGS2, and MGS3: Snake Eater (not the new Delta Remake).

Rumor is: that's also going to all platforms - Steam, PS5, and XSS/XSX.

Source - https://www.gematsu.com/2023/05/metal-gear-solid-master-collection-vol-1-announced

So, if there's say Volume 2, what will be in there?

Maybe MGS4? Peace Waker? MGR: Revengeance? MGS5: Definitive?

EDIT:

About MGS Delta: Snake Eater....

I love that this is called DELTA.

Let me explain.

I've been saying for a while, that games keep calling themselves literally "REMAKES" and they totally ain't that...b/c they CHANGE so much and often too much to even be called that...whether it's gameplay-wise, story-wise, or both - i.e. FF7 Remake, anyone?

Not saying FF7 "Remake" is good or isn't - just saying the Remake's different from FF7 in many ways. Same can be said of other "Remakes" too.

DELTA means CHANGE, so in the title, they (Konami) are already telling you this: that MGS3 is a REIMAGINING and they are gonna change probably a good deal of story stuff, gameplay stuff, and who knows what-else. I love that they are so up-front about this.

Also...even though the gaming auteur Kojima isn't here, this so sounds like what Kojima would do, if he was "Remaking" and Reimaging a game & changing content in the game.

For those that saw Playstation Showcase, Xbox also mention which ones in there are ALSO coming to Xbox:

-> https://www.eurogamer.net/microsoft-cheekily-highlights-how-many-playstation-showcase-games-will-also-be-on-xbox

So, we can probably also expect those also on PC.

Fw7LMiSaYAAuQkn.jpg

EDIT:

Looks like even on consoles, Alan Wake 2 is not getting a disc-version...and people ain't happy about it.
Also, PC version's gonna be $50 and it's Epic Exclusive there...for now.

PC Gamer on this -> https://www.pcgamer.com/alan-wake-2-will-have-no-physical-editions-and-people-are-pissed-about-it/

Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection - Volume 1 was also announced.

That'll include Old versions of MGS1, MGS2, and MGS3: Snake Eater (not the new Delta Remake).

Rumor is: that's also going to all platforms - Steam, PS5, and XSS/XSX.

Source - https://www.gematsu.com/2023/05/metal-gear-solid-master-collection-vol-1-announced

So, if there's say Volume 2, what will be in there?

Maybe MGS4? Peace Waker? MGR: Revengeance? MGS5: Definitive?
I saw some people bring up Metal Gear Acid 1&2 which would be cool. I'd love Twin Snakes but that'll probably never happen.

In far more interesting news than boring old Metal Gear, Dragon's Dogma 2 has received an official trailer, which I suppose goes a pretty long way to confirming it's actually happening.

https://youtu.be/HbZPF5Nfmzs

I'm happy, but then there's the furries out of nowhere, so mixed feelings.

Phantom Blade Zero, which was also in the PS Showcase, is also coming to PC to Epic and Steam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pueXBkFMK7Q

I just want MGS4 to get ported. It's mind boggling how that game is still stuck on PS3.
Don't we all (want to see it get ported to modern hardware).

I don't know if it's gonna be the easiest thing, porting games from much different PS-based Cell tech & architecture over to x86/x64 tech - but I'd, of course, love to see it happen.

For those that saw Playstation Showcase, Xbox also mention which ones in there are ALSO coming to Xbox:

-> https://www.eurogamer.net/microsoft-cheekily-highlights-how-many-playstation-showcase-games-will-also-be-on-xbox

So, we can probably also expect those also on PC.

EDIT:

Looks like even on consoles, Alan Wake 2 is not getting a disc-version...and people ain't happy about it.
Also, PC version's gonna be $50 and it's Epic Exclusive there...for now.

PC Gamer on this -> https://www.pcgamer.com/alan-wake-2-will-have-no-physical-editions-and-people-are-pissed-about-it/
Looks like Assassin's Creed Mirage is going to be on Epic and the Ubi Connect store exclusively. I guess I'll be playing that in a few years.

I saw some people bring up Metal Gear Acid 1&2 which would be cool. I'd love Twin Snakes but that'll probably never happen.
Honestly I'm expecting volume 2 to be Peace Walker, 4 and V Definitive (definitiver?) Some kinda HDer upgrade of V. And maybe Survive if they're being cheeky.

Then I'd think maybe if both of those sell well a Volume 3 which would be pretty basic ports of maybe Twin Snakes, Rising Revengebce, Acid 1&2, hell maybe even portable ops. This one might be a pipe dream though

Final Liberation: Warhammer 40K is free on GOG for giveaway also, which is included in their Warhammer 40K Goodie Pack.

Also, Dawn of War 1: Master Collection's also on GOG for purchasing (around $10) for the DRM-FREE gamers.

Acer website.

Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop -> $679.99 + $10 shipping = $689.99 

Specs:

- Windows 11 Home

- Intel® Core™ i5-11400H processor Hexa-core 2.70 GHz

- NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 with 6 GB dedicated VRAM memory (looks like it might be at 95W?)

- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) 16:9 144 Hz

- 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM

- RAM upgrading possibilities: can go up to 32GB RAM in total; there's 2 RAM slots there in total.

- 256 GB SSD

Could be solid for...

1. Those willing to open & upgrade the machine the RAM (to at least 16GB) themselves...

2. And/or replace the low SSD space yourself (or add a 2nd if there's another slot, not sure if there is)...especially if you got SSD's lingering around or can get one on the cheap.

LOTR: Gollum PC version - Poor Performance, Stutters, and insane VRAM usage.

DSO Gaming on poor performance, major stuttering issues, and insane amount of VRAM-usage on LOTR Gollum:
-> https://www.dsogaming.com/articles/the-lord-of-the-rings-gollum-suffers-from-major-stuttering-issues-has-insane-vram-requirements-in-4k/
 As the title suggests, though, the game has some insane VRAM requirements, especially when gaming at 4K/Epic Settings. 

With Texture Streaming On and without Ray Tracing, the game could use 14-15GB of VRAM. 

By enabling Ray Tracing, the game’s VRAM requirements increased to 16-18GB.

Now when you disable Texture Streaming, things get even worse. By disabling it, you may be able to avoid any low-res textures as the game will load most textures to your GPU’s VRAM. Without Ray Tracing at 4K/Epic, the game can use between 16-19GB of VRAM. With Ray Tracing, we saw the game using between 20-22GB of VRAM.

EDIT - 2:31pm EST:

Daedelic apologizes for the poor state LOTR: Gollum game is in & plans to release fixes & improvements:

-> https://kotaku.com/lord-of-the-rings-gollum-apology-ui-daedalic-patch-1850479840

Acer website.

Specs:

- Windows 11 Home

- NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 with 6 GB dedicated VRAM memory (looks like it might be at 95W?)

- 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM

- RAM upgrading possibilities: can go up to 32GB RAM in total; there's 2 RAM slots there in total.

- 256 GB SSD

Could be solid for...

1. Those willing to open & upgrade the machine the RAM (to at least 16GB) themselves...

2. And/or replace the low SSD space yourself (or add a 2nd if there's another slot, not sure if there is)...especially if you got SSD's lingering around or can get one on the cheap.
I bought the i7 version of this last year on sale and i can confirm there's at least another SSD slot because that's the first thing I did to it. I honestly haven't used it much since so I can't remember how much RAM was in mine. Cracking it open was a little of a pain but not a huge hassle.

Acer website.

Specs:

- Windows 11 Home

- 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM

- 256 GB SSD

Could be solid for...

That is tempting. I need to get a laptop for my kid as they start college in the fall. That would fill their needs quite nicely and give them a chance to putz with some games as well.

bread's done
Back