Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend which Battlefield game is the best one to get if I want to play on my Steam Deck?

I've liked all of them that I have played previously. Haven't tried 2042 yet.

Probably would have gone with 2042, but proton says it's borked on Steam Deck. Would I be able to play it streaming from my gaming laptop?
As in SP or MP? Bad company games were pretty great for SP but I have no clue about MP these days. BF4 was the last epic one and surely that's dead now.

Was hoping Halo Infinite would be 75% off, but still some pretty nice deals for some games on my list.

Just spent a bit more on GMG last night but Horizon Zero Dawn finally hit 9.99 on Newegg with their promo code.
Slightly cheaper on GMG now after 3% voucher. They turned it into a star deal so it's $10.25 before voucher, $9.94 after voucher.

Also, if anyone is after a new controller you might wanna check the TikTok store. I grabbed a new official Xbox Astral Purple controller on sunday for $28 after applying a first time purchaser coupon, should be here by tomorrow. That color just got released last month so I was surprised. I figure many people won't wanna use TikTok, but it's a nice deal if you already have the app installed and haven't bought anything yet. The prices and coupons fluctate so YMMV. The controllers ship via Newegg so it's legit

Last edited by a moderator:
can someone gives me reasons why i shouldnt get DQXI and FFVII Intergrade from Epic right now for $53 after tax??? I need reasons to validate my overthinking here.

can someone gives me reasons why i shouldnt get DQXI and FFVII Intergrade from Epic right now for $53 after tax??? I need reasons to validate my overthinking here.
Still kicking myself for DQXI Definitive from Epic back when it was $26 at all-time low on Epic during one of their Big Sales, which was when they STILL did the damn $10 off Epic Coupons (on anything over $15) - so it would've been $16 before tax.

Interesting enough, the actual EXE is DRM-FREE on both Steam and Epic, according to PCGW

-> https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dragon_Quest_XI_S_-_Definitive_Edition

I'm also still debating on FF7 "Remake" Intergrade from Epic too.

If you got a PS5, FF7 "Remake" Intergrade for PS5 is $15.19 over on PSN to buy-to-download there; if only it was that cheap on Epic or Steam

FF7 "Remake" Intergrade for PS5 on PSN:

-> https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-PPSA01903_00-5827003902180177

Also FF7 Remake OG version (no "Intergrade" Yuffie extra 3-5 hour content) for PS4 owners to download is $15 on PSN, if you don't care about Yuffie and/or only got a PS4 but don't have PS5 -> https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA07211_00-FFVIIREMAKE00000

There's a dude on gameflip that sells all of the Dragon Quest (steam) games for $16. Unfortunately he hasn't sold DQXI in a while, but that's where I got Treasures and Infinity Strash from. Better than buying from epic.

There will almost certainly be the same 33% off (or at least 25% off) coupon during the winter sale in a month and DQ XI will probably have a regular discount then too, so I'd hold off on that one. But FFVII Intergrade seems worth jumping on, I can't see it being any cheaper any time soon anywhere, unless you really care about achievements.

Got my OLED Steam Deck today and am already hooked on Vampire Survivors again. Any other must-haves for the Deck that are cheap right now? Any excuse I can get to spend more time on the shitter would be much appreciated.

Got my OLED Steam Deck today and am already hooked on Vampire Survivors again. Any other must-haves for the Deck that are cheap right now? Any excuse I can get to spend more time on the shitter would be much appreciated.
Sounds like a cry for help... or Boneraiser Minions.

Can't tell the difference really.

In the past I've always figured at worst Fall Sale prices are going to be the same as Winter Sale prices. Or maybe that smaller window would be more attractive to publishers so their game wouldn't have to be on sale (the horrah!) for as long.

No matter. I did check SteamDB as I usually do, in order to check low prices. My findings:

499 Wishlisted items. 18 New All-Time Low. 114 Matching All-Time Low

Now this list of games changes over the year as I add and take away. It's not a scientific study. It just doesn't look like a particularly good year for my list. I'm curious to see how this changes in a month.

I have a Steelcase Leap from 2004 and the cloth is finally starting to give out on the seat.

And the good news is I can just buy a new seat.

I would recommend looking into an office furniture resale/wholesale outlet in your area and buy a premium office chair. They're better than any gaming specific chair and usually have a long tail of product support.

I'm still on the original cylinder, too, but I have a spare in the closet just in case it finally dies.
I'm with TheKbob, Steelcase Leap for the win. Got a used one in probably 2014 when I started working remote and I'm still using it daily (still remote). I think I need a new cylinder and could probably use a seat refresh. Awesome chair, seriously thinking about a new one.

For those who celebrate it, Happy Turkey Day y'all.

M9J4zEt.gif

Why are we reserving happy turkeys to people who celebrate the day? Happy turkeys for all! Happy turkeys everywhere?

tdr1lcre7gdexgwh1f2j.gif

Got my Steam badge for the awards. When Nukitashi wins game of the year you know who drove that. Also am going to give a mini review of Astral Ascent after beating it 3 times. It is an action rogue lite and meant to be completed a few times. I'll get that out in a few days.

Got my Steam badge for the awards. When Nukitashi wins game of the year you know who drove that. Also am going to give a mini review of Astral Ascent after beating it 3 times. It is an action rogue lite and meant to be completed a few times. I'll get that out in a few days.
I wasn't aware that game required multiple playthroughs. That's unfortunate. Thanks for the info.

God help me, I went in on Dave the Diver and I'm ashamed about how much I think about playing even it after putting the Deck down at night for beddies by. Paid ~$12 through GMG since it was on sale plus the monthly VIP discount code shit they give out.

Only thing I've bought in the Black Friday realm...

except for paper towels which I only needed to clean up after finishing my Nachos Bel Grande and then climbing off your mom to go cry in the shower. Got to stay topical in this thread.

God help me, I went in on Dave the Diver and I'm ashamed about how much I think about playing even it after putting the Deck down at night for beddies by. Paid ~$12 through GMG since it was on sale plus the monthly VIP discount code shit they give out.

Only thing I've bought in the Black Friday realm...

except for paper towels which I only needed to clean up after finishing my Nachos Bel Grande and then climbing off your mom to go cry in the shower. Got to stay topical in this thread.
I also just picked up Dave from GMG. Also nabbed the cheapest copies of Risk of Rain 2 and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart that I could find. Haven't started Dave yet since I've been testing out all sorts of stuff on the Deck. I'm liking it a lot more than I ever thought I would. Never thought I'd be playing weird old games like Condemned: Criminal Origins and Prey 2006 on it but I've gotten hooked on playing them on the Deck. I honestly thought I might just turn around and sell mine after quickly tiring of it but I have a feeling I'll be using it a lot. And not just in the bathroom.

I’ve been a console man all  of my life until recently, when my boy converted me to the DARK SIDE and convinced me to get a Steam Deck OLED (LE). It even hasn’t shipped yet, but I’ve already fallen victim to the Steam store, HARD. Nearly five trips, totaling almost $270 so far smh.

I’ve been a console man all of my life until recently, when my boy converted me to the DARK SIDE and convinced me to get a Steam Deck OLED (LE). It even hasn’t shipped yet, but I’ve already fallen victim to the Steam store, HARD. Nearly five trips, totaling almost $270 so far smh.
I have a tip before you spend any more. This isn’t one of the really big sales. Wait another month or so, when Steam’s Winter Sale starts. If you’ve bought anything at or near full price, you may even want to return it and wait till the Winter sale.

In the meantime, keep an eye on bundle sites, especially Humble Bundle and Fanatical. And take a look at isthereanydeal.com, a price tracker for most PC digital storefronts. Most of them sell Steam keys, which lets you shop around for the best price, and see how low prices have gone before—which is usually a good predictor for how low they might go again.

If you haven't ordered an LE OLED steam deck I would hold off on it or order one of the non-LE models. The LE is using an inferior BOE panel that has a high rate of having dead pixels. The regular OLED models have a Samsung panel which has a far less rate of having dead pixel issues. Not saying that BOE is bad, their panels are in a lot of monitors and laptops.. but in this particular batch they have a high rate of having dead pixels.

There of course is the chance you get one with no issues, but I'm just putting out there's a higher risk of defects in the LE panel right now. So far no one's reported getting a BOE panel in the regular models.

I wouldn't mention this if the issue didn't seem widespread, but it does.

For anyone looking for a beginner arcade stick/fightstick, the 8bitdo offering seems to be well reviewed, and is currently on a lightning deal at Amazon for $71.99. Not sure how long it’ll last. This is the Switch version, though connects to PC, as well. If you miss the deal or would prefer the Xbox version for connectivity to that console, that version is on Woot for $74.99, but for anyone just looking for PC functionality, from what I’ve read, that version lacks BT connectivity and has a 10 hour shorter battery life when running on 2.4Ghz—never mind, the Xbox one has sold out since the last time I checked on it, apparently.

bread's done
Back