Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Got my OLED Steam Deck today and am already hooked on Vampire Survivors again. Any other must-haves for the Deck that are cheap right now? Any excuse I can get to spend more time on the shitter would be much appreciated.
I’ve been a console man all of my life until recently, when my boy converted me to the DARK SIDE and convinced me to get a Steam Deck OLED (LE). It even hasn’t shipped yet, but I’ve already fallen victim to the Steam store, HARD. Nearly five trips, totaling almost $270 so far smh.
Got my LE OLED Deck in the other day and it looks awesome. Seen some dead pixel reports but ran a test and it's all good. Tested it with a glossy protector but the etched looks just as good in most conditions and I appreciate the lack of glare and reflections more than the sometimes deeper blacks. Your mileage, room lighting and eyeballs may vary; buy and use what ya want.

Using mine mainly for the controller-based arcade/action stuff that I never got around to like Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, Deathloop, RE: Village, etc. Stuff where I'm less likely to miss not having KB+M and can play on the couch.

Last edited by a moderator:
dQRrA2a.gif

MRNhKzD.png

GARBAGE

Alright, so who's the genius that decided to "upgrade" forum software during Black Friday? That's practically CAG's Superbowl, man.

Eegads, my eyes. Must find dark theme.

So, Ubisoft Connect -- or whatever it's called -- is giving away Assassin's Creed Syndicate for a few days. Almost feckin' bought it too thanks to no CAG.

Alright, so who's the genius that decided to "upgrade" forum software during Black Friday? That's practically CAG's Superbowl, man.

So, Ubisoft Connect -- or whatever it's called -- is giving away Assassin's Creed Syndicate for a few days. Almost feckin' bought it too thanks to no CAG.
Need to find my Ubi credentials. Got so many free games.

circle avatars the only funky stuff now. Tho I am tempted to use 'angry' with every 'like'.

If you use violentmonkey.

// ==UserScript==
// @name Square Avatars CaG
// @namespace Violentmonkey Scripts
// @match http*://www.cheapassgamer.com/*
// @grant GM_addStyle
// @run-at document-start
// @version 1.0
// @author -
// @description 11/28/2023, 8:26:14 PM
// ==/UserScript==

GM_addStyle ( `
.avatar {
border-radius: 0% !important;
}
` );

EDIT:
The color of the spoiler "button" could be better.
And there should be some separator between post and signature.

Note, I don't know what I'm doing so if it breaks u computer it not my fault, but I made a violentmonkey script to remove the sticky post too.
It removes the sticky on the top and moves the watch button inline with the title so there's less whitespace after removing the sticky post.

// ==UserScript==
// @name Remove Sticky Post CAG
// @namespace Violentmonkey Scripts
// @match http*://www.cheapassgamer.com/*
// @grant none
// @version 1.0
// @author -
// @description 11/29/2023, 10:01:37 AM
// ==/UserScript==

document.querySelector(".message-cell.message-cell--vote").parentElement.remove();
document.querySelector(".p-title").appendChild(document.querySelector(".block-outer-opposite"));

I have to confide in you fellas: the last few days have been quite taxing. It's like someone rearranged my underwear drawer (after 15 years of clutter, yet consistency) so I'm feeling lost and chafed.

Not a fan, so far. I mean, it isn't GitHub confusing, but still, where tf is shit anymore?

I have a somewhat unorthodox question. I have a handful of old PC games that are collecting dust, and I can't help but wonder: is there some way to get them from disc to playable form on my Steam Deck? I have a PC and an external DVD drive, as well as the "deck dock" at my disposal. I figure there must be some (albeit convoluted) method of doing this. I know most people will say "jUsT eMuLaTe ThEm" but I'm a tinkerer and I like to do things the hard way (lol).

Last edited:
Anyone been able to find the "view latest unread post in thread" button? There used to be a button before the thread title, I think, that would light up and take you immediately to the last unread post.

I see the link for the latest post. But it's not convenient to click it and then wade backwards through pages until you find the last post you read.

Anyone been able to find the "view latest unread post in thread" button? There used to be a button before the thread title, I think, that would light up and take you immediately to the last unread post.

Right now they suggest clicking the date on the right side, but that just takes to last post in the thread, not first unread. Hopefully it comes back.

The notification bell still seems to work to take to last unread though.

Reactions: hal
I tried logging in with my old password and it locked me out of my account for a day.

I requested a password reset, entered the old password as the new one, and it works now.

So if anyone can't get in because of a messed up password, let them know. :p

I see the link for the latest post. But it's not convenient to click it and then wade backwards through pages until you find the last post you read.

No, but. You can click 'Watch' in the upper right corner of the thread. click 'without receiving e-mail notifications'. Then, when there are new posts you can click the Steam thread from the bell button in the top header and it will take you directly to the start of the new unread posts.

Reactions: hal
There is a 'jump to new' button which appears in the upper right corner attached to the 'watch' button on my bolded threads with new posts.

But also when I just click a bolded thread (title), which I have previously read once, it just automatically takes me to the unread posts. I think.

This site is already annoying the hell outta me asking me for 2FA...

For real... and you take the site down during arguably the biggest SALE weekend of the year...
I've been logged out of the site twice in the first day of it being back after doing the "remember me for 30 days."

The negative changes are definitely outweighing the positives so far.

I tried logging in with my old password and it locked me out of my account for a day.

I requested a password reset, entered the old password as the new one, and it works now.

So if anyone can't get in because of a messed up password, let them know. :p

It took me several email accounts to remember which one I'd used for this site. I'm lucky I remembered that email address.

I really can't understand why they'd take down the site for upgrades on BF weekend. CheapyD gets paid based on ref links, I would imagine he lost a ton of money based on that alone. Seriously mindless decision lol. Maybe he's so rich that he doesn't care about money anymore

anyone with an active HB membership can help me get Alien Dark Descent with additional discount?

I don't know if anyone is using my violentmonkey scripts, but I did some changes to them to make things look a little more how I like it.

As before... I'm an idiot, so don't cry if your computer blows up.
Using both will do the following. Everything is commented in the scripts, so you can remove things if you like round avatars or whatever.

Removes the sticky post at the top of the page.
Move the "Watch" button in line with the title at the top of the page.
Moves the list of who reacted to a post to the same line as the like button and next to the like button.
Makes the avatars square.
Adds a separator line above the signature.
Lightens the Spoiler button (and possibly other buttons).
Adds a separator line above the "Report/Like/Quote/Reply" line.
Automatically expands quoted messages.

There are two scripts because I wanted the one that just changes the CSS to apply as soon as the page starts to load, otherwise I noticed a split second of round avatars before they would change. So moving divs around wouldn't work in that same script.

If anyone uses these and notice things breaking, you can let me know and I'll try to fix it. I had to fix it once because everything else would fail to run if it was a thread without a sticky post.

EDIT:
Things look okay to me, but it just occurred to me that since I'm setting the size of some things, it might look weird/break if you're using some sort of scaling within the browser or different font sizes. I only set those values to avoid things dynamically changing size (the message box getting larger when you're the first person to like it). So if things changing size doesn't bother you you can just remove those from the CSS script.

Before/After images.
Before
YhDgckN.png

vewMroI.png
59GfqGG.png

After
WpuEJ2g.png

l3jJ0zB.png

8ZODslJ.png

CSS stuff
Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        Square Avatars and Other CSS Changes CAG
// @namespace   Violentmonkey Scripts
// @match       http*://www.cheapassgamer.com/*
// @grant       GM_addStyle
// @run-at      document-start
// @version     1.0
// @author      -
// ==/UserScript==

GM_addStyle ( `
/*makes avatars square*/
    .avatar {
    }
/*adds a border line between post text and signature*/
    .message-signature {
        border-top: 1px solid #30333d !important;
    }
/*changes the color of the spoiler button and probably any other button that exists*/
    .button{
        background: #2c2e33cc !important;
    }
/*adds a border line above the report/like/quote/reply line*/
    .message-actionBar {
    }
/*make quoted posts automatically expanded*/
    .bbCodeBlock-expandContent {
        max-height: none !important;
    }
/*makes the list of likes appear next to like button*/
    .reactionsBar.is-active {
        display: block !important;
        float: right !important;
        margin-top: 8.8px !important;
    }
/*makes the report/like/quote/reply line static size*/
    .message-footer{
        height: 38.2px !important;
    }
/*removes the 10 pixel margin below the header*/
    .p-body-header{
        margin-bottom: 0px !important;
    }
` );

Other
Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        Remove Sticky Post and Move Likes List CAG
// @grant       none
// @version     1.0
// @author      -
// ==/UserScript==

// removes the sticky post at the top of the page
const sticky = document.querySelector(".message-cell.message-cell--vote");
if (sticky !== null){
  sticky.parentElement.remove();
}

// moves the watch thread button to the same line as the title
document.querySelector(".p-title").appendChild(document.querySelector(".block-outer-opposite"));

// moves the list of who likes a post to the same line as the like button
const actionBar = document.querySelectorAll(".message-actionBar.actionBar");
const reactionsBar = document.querySelectorAll(".reactionsBar");
actionBar.forEach((x, index) => {
  const y = reactionsBar[index];
  x.appendChild(y);
});

Last edited:
Double posting because Jingle Jam 2023 launching is about 12 hours.

35 GBP for 76 Steam "items" ( I didn't count, just copying how it was worded on steamgifts forum, so I don't know how many are games vs anything else).

I don't know if anyone is using my violentmonkey scripts, but I did some changes to them to make things look a little more how I like it.

As before... I'm an idiot, so don't cry if your computer blows up.
Using both will do the following. Everything is commented in the scripts, so you can remove things if you like round avatars or whatever.

Removes the sticky post at the top of the page.
Move the "Watch" button in line with the title at the top of the page.
Moves the list of who reacted to a post to the same line as the like button and next to the like button.
Makes the avatars square.
Adds a separator line above the signature.
Lightens the Spoiler button (and possibly other buttons).
Adds a separator line above the "Report/Like/Quote/Reply" line.
Automatically expands quoted messages.

There are two scripts because I wanted the one that just changes the CSS to apply as soon as the page starts to load, otherwise I noticed a split second of round avatars before they would change. So moving divs around wouldn't work in that same script.

If anyone uses these and notice things breaking, you can let me know and I'll try to fix it. I had to fix it once because everything else would fail to run if it was a thread without a sticky post.

EDIT:
Things look okay to me, but it just occurred to me that since I'm setting the size of some things, it might look weird/break if you're using some sort of scaling within the browser or different font sizes. I only set those values to avoid things dynamically changing size (the message box getting larger when you're the first person to like it). So if things changing size doesn't bother you you can just remove those from the CSS script.

Before/After images.
Before
YhDgckN.png

vewMroI.png
59GfqGG.png

After
WpuEJ2g.png

l3jJ0zB.png

8ZODslJ.png

CSS stuff
Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        Square Avatars and Other CSS Changes CAG
// @grant       GM_addStyle
// @run-at      document-start
// @version     1.0
// @author      -
// ==/UserScript==

GM_addStyle ( `
/*makes avatars square*/
    .avatar {
    }
/*adds a border line between post text and signature*/
    .message-signature {
    }
/*changes the color of the spoiler button and probably any other button that exists*/
    .button{
        background: #2c2e33cc !important;
    }
/*adds a border line above the report/like/quote/reply line*/
    .message-actionBar {
    }
/*make quoted posts automatically expanded*/
    .bbCodeBlock-expandContent {
        max-height: none !important;
    }
/*makes the list of likes appear next to like button*/
    .reactionsBar.is-active {
        display: block !important;
        float: right !important;
        margin-top: 8.8px !important;
    }
/*makes the report/like/quote/reply line static size*/
    .message-footer{
        height: 38.2px !important;
    }
/*removes the 10 pixel margin below the header*/
    .p-body-header{
        margin-bottom: 0px !important;
    }
` );

Other
Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        Remove Sticky Post and Move Likes List CAG
// @grant       none
// @version     1.0
// @author      -
// ==/UserScript==

// removes the sticky post at the top of the page
const sticky = document.querySelector(".message-cell.message-cell--vote");
if (sticky !== null){
  sticky.parentElement.remove();
}

// moves the watch thread button to the same line as the title

// moves the list of who likes a post to the same line as the like button
const actionBar = document.querySelectorAll(".message-actionBar.actionBar");
const reactionsBar = document.querySelectorAll(".reactionsBar");
actionBar.forEach((x, index) => {
  const y = reactionsBar[index];
  x.appendChild(y);
});

inb4 everybody makes their avatars round via transparencies just to mess with the people using the script.

I hate that Nurse Ratched died, too. Not a good week for... old people, I guess.

Goddamn, $30 seems steep, considering. I don't remember any Turoks after Seeds of Evil being worth a shit and who was actually asking for this release? A lot of older console and pc games way more deserving of remaster efforts.

@eulogywerd21:

I would guess like most Remasters and Re-Release these days: if gamers keep buying them, especially if gamers buy 'em up at high-prices - we'll see more of them.

I still got the Turok 1 and 2 PC Remasters backlogged. I'd guess if anyone was asking for this release, maybe it was Nightdive themselves. :p

Regardless...I'm sure if it winds up cheap, I'll get it. [shrug]

I don't think Turok 3 actually got a PC port, so this makes sense to come here.

Turok 1 and 2 were originally on PC so remastering them probably didn't take a whole lot of effort (except maybe the online MP in Turok 2? Not sure). I don't think Turok 3 had a PC port though, so that may have taken more effort to remaster.

I only played the first Turok back on N64, and cheated with the ultimate weapon. I have one and two on PC, though, so should probably get to them soon and see if 3 will be worth it down the line. I remember EGM ripping on later Turok games with their Tobias Bruckner awards.

bread's done
Back