Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
When exactly do we get Steam keys for these Greenlight games? I have checked my email everyday and still nothing...
If you didn't already get Battlepillars and Motte Island and you used the little email form for them, go dig through your spam folders or something. The others through Carl will come sometime close to their actual release date on Steam.

damn, been playing muramasa on vita and all i can think about is how badly i want a steam version. vanillaware plz.
I've been mulling over this one since it's on sale. Is it really that good? I like good art design, but I think I would prefer more RPG and less hacknslashery.

You misspelled "redeemed."
I doubt he'll do worse then George Lucas, considering what he did to the series with Episode 1-3.
Have you seen Star Trek? Or Mission Impossible III, for that matter?

This guy basically is Michael Bay if Michael Bay had access to a regular prescription of alprazolam. I was mildly intrigued by the thought of more Star Wars movies until I heard this joker's name was attached to them. I probably shouldn't get into this argument again because the internet, but:

The first "new" movie basically eradicated all of the history of Star Trek and relegated it to an alternate, nonexistent timeline.

The second movie was essentially a remake of The Wrath of Khan with the twist being that Kirk and Spock's roles were reversed. I'll give him this much credit for that one: it was a clever idea and Benedict Cumberbatch should probably be in everything ever made from this point forward.

The first "new" movie basically eradicated all of the history of Star Trek and relegated it to an alternate, nonexistent timeline.
Well if that's what you're worried about, then you probably shouldn't. Lucas has already made it clear that everything going forward will be canon. Also, the co-writer for The Empire Strikes Back is involved.

Have you seen Star Trek? Or Mission Impossible III, for that matter?

This guy basically is Michael Bay if Michael Bay had access to a regular prescription of alprazolam. I was mildly intrigued by the thought of more Star Wars movies until I heard this joker's name was attached to them. I probably shouldn't get into this argument again because the internet, but:

The second movie was essentially a remake of The Wrath of Khan with the twist being that Kirk and Spock's roles were reversed. I'll give him this much credit for that one: it was a clever idea and Benedict Cumberbatch should probably be in everything ever made from this point forward.
I guess the real question is, as far as Star Trek is concerned, which director would have you preferred over Abrams and what type of story would have done the franchise justice? I have seen both movies and my opinion of them is neutral at worst. The great thing about his take on Star Trek is you can just ignore it if you want. It doesn't have any affect on the Star Trek universe as a whole.

Posting this from dreamer's thread from yesterday. There's some good deals here but noone saw them because it didn't have an awesome [PC] at the start of the title.

GameFly Digital Adventure Hits Sale + extra 20/25% off (STEAM/ORIGIN)

Link To the Sale http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/promotion/723

Sale End May 2nd

Single-Use 25% off Coupon: APR25OFF (Can be used a limit of once per account)

20% off Coupon: APR20OFF (Should be Multi-use per Account)

Coupon Codes require a minimum $10 Order

Prices are outlined as: 20% Off Price/ Sale Price/ Regular Price

STEAM GAMES:
  • Tomb Raider Game of the Year $9.59/ $11.99/ $29.99
  • Max Payne 3 Complete Edition $6.39/ $7.99 / $34.99
  • LA Noire Complete $5.51 / $6.89/ $29.99
  • Just Cause 2 $3.00/ $3.75/ $14.99
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut $6.39 / $7.99/ $19.99
ORIGIN GAMES:
  • Dead Space 3 $5.27 / $6.59 / $19.99
MISCELLANEOUS
  • Red Faction Guerilla $3.99 / $4.99/ $19.99
Note the APR25OFF coupon gives a further 5% off but is single use. There doesn't actually seem to be a $10 minimum, I picked up Just Cause 2 with the 25% off coupon for $3 including tax.

crap, missed out on battlepillars because I decided to spend time with my family.
Family ruins everything, it's a proven fact.

I've been mulling over this one since it's on sale. Is it really that good? I like good art design, but I think I would prefer more RPG and less hacknslashery.
Pretty sure it's more of a metroidvania focused around combat than an RPG, somewhat along the lines of Dust from the look of it, so hacknslashery is probably what you can expect for the most part (though I don't mean that as a bad thing, I've heard it's fantastic and am also debating picking it up).

Posting this from dreamer's thread from yesterday. There's some good deals here but noone saw them because it didn't have an awesome [PC] at the start of the title.

Note the APR25OFF coupon gives a further 5% off but is single use. There doesn't actually seem to be a $10 minimum, I picked up Just Cause 2 with the 25% off coupon for $3 including tax.
I posted it yesterday, but guess it got burried amidst all the humble bundle outrage :whistle2:

Thanks for the spoiler, asshole...

Most of it is cheat DLC, but there are a few that add content, which is not a surprise coming from Ubi, or most other major devs these days.
It's just odd to me to see day 1 DLC for an arguably budget title, and so much of it to boot. They're really riding the hype on this one, aren't they? Do they really expect me to believe they couldn't have included the non-cheat DLC in the base game?

Most of it is cheat DLC, but there are a few that add content, which is not a surprise coming from Ubi, or most other major devs these days.
Right. Most of it is like the stuff in AC IV that gives you extra potions and such that you can get in game anyway. You don't need them. Then there's a couple of alternate dresses for the main character, meh. The only one that's halfway decent content wise is the Golem party member for $3 but even that you can live without it.

I know gamers are quick to rage without looking at the context but really it's already at a low price point (and I got it even lower since I did the Amazon deal with the $5 credit) and the DLC is almost all completely unnecessary stuff that's extra items or cosmetic. Really there's a lot worse things going on in gaming right now than this but people just want to look without investigating and make snap judgments.

Hype? If it wasn't mentioned on CAG I wouldn't have even have heard of this title.
It has been getting really good reviews. But damn, it's pretty shady that they released all of this DLC the moment of release, with no mention of it while people could have pre-purchased, at least on steam.

I wonder if this is the sort of game that will even see a complete pack at some point. I'd love to play it, but if this is the kind of jank they're gonna pull, then I have no reason to support it until a goty edition is released :roll:

It has been getting really good reviews. But damn, it's pretty shady that they released all of this DLC the moment of release, with no mention of it while people could have pre-purchased, at least on steam.
Honestly though, do you actually need that DLC? As has already been said, it's almost entirely cheat/cosmetic and not as if they cut content from the game to try and squeeze more money out of people.

Not supporting a game that it's surprising we're even seeing released from a publisher that seems more than willing to just pump out the same games every year until people finally grow sick of them, just because they decided to release some unnecessary DLC for those who want to make the game easier or care about costumes, seems really dumb to me.

Honestly though, do you actually need that DLC? As has already been said, it's almost entirely cheat/cosmetic and not as if they cut content from the game to try and squeeze more money out of people.

Not supporting a game that it's surprising we're even seeing released from a publisher that seems more than willing to just pump out the same games every year until people finally grow sick of them, just because they decided to release some unnecessary DLC for those who want to make the game easier or care about costumes, seems really dumb to me.
You're right, of course, about most of the DLC being crap. But still, it bugs me when I know my game isn't "complete". Only one of the currently available DLC may be slightly cut content, but still, now I don't trust them not to release a bunch of story/quest DLC later on, and if that becomes the case, I'd prefer to wait for a complete edition or discounted price.

I had assumed, given the nature of the game, that it wouldn't even have DLC. Now that I know Ubi is intent on drowning it in the stuff, I'm going to wait and see what happens.

Pretty sure it's more of a metroidvania focused around combat than an RPG, somewhat along the lines of Dust from the look of it, so hacknslashery is probably what you can expect for the most part (though I don't mean that as a bad thing, I've heard it's fantastic and am also debating picking it up).
I guess I'll pick it up (just so I can bitch and whine when it goes free on PS+ in September). It does look pretty, I guess I just had some misconceptions about it. I'm stoked to get my Vita, they better not delay the release.

I guess I'll pick it up (just so I can bitch and whine when it goes free on PS+ in September). It does look pretty, I guess I just had some misconceptions about it. I'm stoked to get my Vita, they better not delay the release.
I'm excited to welcome you into the extremely exclusive Vita owners club.

Thanks for the spoiler, asshole...
Seriously, the movie didn't come out that long ago. Evangelion's been out like 2 decades at least, so spoilers for that is somewhat understandable.

bobbyflyposting
I don't even wanna know what that could mean.

fuck you guys for talking about Starbound and making me think it might be on sale.
Some guy is selling it really cheap in the trading thread if you really want it that bad, but everyone already articulated the problems with it and most early-access games.

As for Child of Light.. I can understand the cheat DLC to milk people who suck at the game, but you're telling me the cosmetic stuff couldn't have been included in the base game? That's laughable. We used to have in-game unlockables for that. And a day 1 PARTY MEMBER DLC? Are you kidding me? That never would have been acceptable a few years ago.

It just seems like Ubi is riding the goodwill this game's getting. And outside of here, it's getting talked about in a very positive way.

I had assumed, given the nature of the game, that it wouldn't even have DLC. Now that I know Ubi is intent on drowning it in the stuff, I'm going to wait and see what happens.
This was also my assumption. It seemed like a relatively small budget SP title (only has local co-op) that was Ubi taking a risk with, but I wouldn't be surprised if more party members/quests DLC came flowing out by the Ubi milking machine.

I can live with cheat DLC, I can even live with cosmetic DLC (though I think it's a bit more unacceptable), but releasing quests/party members piecemeal (instead of just an expansion) is something I don't exactly appreciate.

I have the original version on Wii. It's essentially hack-n-slash/brawler gameplay with RPG mechanics; which is to say, it feels like a hack-n-slash, but you can also grind your way to victory if you're not playing on the hard difficulty.

I recommend it. It's Vanillaware's prettiest game to date, with a competent plot and cast of characters, a comparatively unusual and interesting setting, great gameplay, and some good audio.

I can live with cheat DLC, I can even live with cosmetic DLC (though I think it's a bit more unacceptable), but releasing quests/party members piecemeal (instead of just an expansion) is something I don't exactly appreciate.
This is nothing new. Maybe you're getting caught up in the indie-ness of the game, but it's releasing through a major publisher, so is it really that much of a surprise?

I have the original version on Wii. It's essentially hack-n-slash/brawler gameplay with RPG mechanics; which is to say, it feels like a hack-n-slash, but you can also grind your way to victory if you're not playing on the hard difficulty.

I recommend it. It's Vanillaware's prettiest game to date, with a competent plot and cast of characters, a comparatively unusual and interesting setting, great gameplay, and some good audio.
I also have it on Wii. +1 to this.

This is nothing new. Maybe you're getting caught up in the indie-ness of the game, but it's releasing through a major publisher, so is it really that much of a surprise?
You're probably right. But I feel like a lot of people praising it are caught up in the indie-ness as well, so I guess it's only fair?

I'm not surprised as much as disappointed.

The problem with arguing about the new Star Trek movies is that both sides are correct. If only Zack Snyder had directed them, then everyone would be able to agree that they are horrible, and anyone claiming to like them could be quietly eliminated.

But is your experience going to be any worse because you don't have those party members? People are saying fantastic things about it regardless of any of that stuff, so why does it matter? I know a lot of people are just OCD about this sort of thing, but really, just because a publisher is trying to get more money out of a game that isn't guaranteed to sell millions of copies doesn't seem like a reason to write it off as a shameless cash grab. Maybe it could/should have all been in the game, but if it's not detrimental to the experience to not include it I don't see what the problem is.

Just because there's DLC doesn't mean you need to buy all of it.

I don't know much about these light children, but with a $15 MSRP, I actually think it's cool for them to give you the base experience at a low price.  I prefer this to a $30 MSRP with all the DLC included personally.  

I can't believe Mazda cut the v6 from the base Mazda3 and made it a day one option that I have to pay for. The v6 was clearly ready when they went to production and they removed it to milk the consumer dry. Boycott Mazda! Next year they'll probably just released a rehashed version with a couple different features and still charge full price instead of letting us pay a reduced upgrade price. Bullshit!

I can't believe Mazda cut the v6 from the base Mazda3 and made it a day one option that I have to pay for. The v6 was clearly ready when they went to production and they removed it to milk the consumer dry. Boycott Mazda! Next year they'll probably just released a rehashed version with a couple different features and still charge full price instead of letting us pay a reduced upgrade price. Bullshit!
I know you have a thing against people who dislike DLC, but that's really nothing like this situation. I think removing a more powerful engine from a car model would be enough to piss off a lot of people if that's what the car model was known to come with.

But is your experience going to be any worse because you don't have those party members? People are saying fantastic things about it regardless of any of that stuff, so why does it matter? I know a lot of people are just OCD about this sort of thing, but really, just because a publisher is trying to get more money out of a game that isn't guaranteed to sell millions of copies doesn't seem like a reason to write it off as a shameless cash grab. Maybe it could/should have all been in the game, but if it's not detrimental to the experience to not include it I don't see what the problem is.

Just because there's DLC doesn't mean you need to buy all of it.
Now let's hold on here. I never said the game was a shameless cash grab or a bad game. I never even said I'd never get it (I probably will). But this kind of piecemeal approach is what deters me from grabbing it day one. I'm simply expressing my annoyance with the strategy they've taken with their DLC.

Is the DLC a cashgrab/rip-off? Absolutely. But I never said the game was.

The problem with just letting the publisher do whatever they want to make sure they protect their bottom line over a risky game, is what if it does sell millions? Do you think the DLC will magically end up being free? No. It's insurance, fine. But you have to have a line of what you tolerate pubs doing for "insurance" purposes. Like I said, cheat DLC and even cosmetic DLC doesn't really cross that line for me, but standalone party members/quests (outside of an expansion) does. That's my gripe.

Not even comparable. So far these are "minor" things being cut and released piecemeal. Nothing big enough that the overall price would be affected.

I don't know much about these light children, but with a $15 MSRP, I actually think it's cool for them to give you the base experience at a low price. I prefer this to a $30 MSRP with all the DLC included personally.
I dig the $15 MSRP too, but I doubt they picked it out of kindness as opposed to what they think people would be willing to pay for it. As I said above, the cut content as day 1 dlc is minor enough that I very much doubt it would have affected the price of producing the game/base game cost. There was no good reason aside from extra profit to not include it in the base release, or to put it together with all the other piecemeal stuff I'm sure they plan to release, as an expansion.

You people are ricockulous.  We live in a for profit world.  Even term cash grab itself is stupid as anything you pay for is a cash grab.  

It's exactly the same. Ok, replace engine choice with halogen headlights, or remote start, or any of the other things that you don't really need on your car. Without them the car still 100% serves its purpose. Without any of the day one dlc Child of Light still 100% serves its purpose.

I have nothing against people not liking DLC, but the overreacting to it is annoying. I didn't hear anybody saying they were going to boycott Saints Row 4 over dlc, yet a fair priced game such as Child of Light has gone too far?

Now let's hold on here. I never said the game was a shameless cash grab or a bad game. I never even said I'd never get it (I probably will). But this kind of piecemeal approach is what deters me from grabbing it day one. I'm simply expressing my annoyance with the strategy they've taken with their DLC.

Is the DLC a cashgrab/rip-off? Absolutely. But I never said the game was.

The problem with just letting the publisher do whatever they want to make sure they protect their bottom line over a risky game, is what if it does sell millions? Do you think the DLC will magically end up being free? No. It's insurance, fine. But you have to have a line of what you tolerate pubs doing for "insurance" purposes. Like I said, cheat DLC and even cosmetic DLC doesn't really cross that line for me, but standalone party members/quests (outside of an expansion) does. That's my gripe.
I still don't get why it matters though. It's not decreasing the quality of the game, it won't degrade your experience if you don't buy it, so what does it matter if Ubisoft wants to play it safe and try and get more income out of the game? If it means seeing more original stuff like Child of Light instead of just Assassin's Creed: Redux every single year, I'm all for it.

If it was something like cutting the ending of Prince of Persia 2008 and releasing it as an epilogue, I'd understand getting annoyed. But it's so minor that you'd never even miss it if you didn't know it was there. If it was simply not in the game it wouldn't change anything, so how does making it optional DLC somehow change that perception.

Yes I know, publishers are evil and just trying to squeeze more money out of people, but with games getting more expensive and the price for them going down, it's ridiculous assume they could continue to be made without some form of additional revenue.

You guys remember the good ole days of video game cartridges, where the developers had their shit together and produced a full game then released it, and a game was good from the start instead of requiring 17 patches just to get the controls right?

You people are ricockulous. We live in a for profit world. Even term cash grab itself is stupid as anything you pay for is a cash grab.
Well, of course. But again, it's a question of where you yourself draw the line between what's acceptable to do to increase profits, and what isn't, not just in video games, but in any field of business.

It's exactly the same. Ok, replace engine choice with halogen headlights, or remote start, or any of the other things that you don't really need on your car. Without them the car still 100% serves its purpose. Without any of the day one dlc Child of Light still 100% serves its purpose.

I have nothing against people not liking DLC, but the overreacting to it is annoying. I didn't hear anybody saying they were going to boycott Saints Row 4 over dlc, yet a fair priced game such as Child of Light has gone too far?
I'm pretty sure one party member doesn't cost as much as halogen headlights or remote start does. And minor or not, it's a part of the experience.

But like I asked SecretSquirrel, where do you draw the line for features cut out as DLC being acceptable? The way you put your argument, you could easily argue for stripping out all optional sidequests as DLC. Is that something you'd be okay with?

And I never once said the word boycott, or that I wasn't going to buy the game ever. Just not buying it day 1 like I considered. So what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back