Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some dumbass saw me selling Blackwell Deception cards on the market so he added me as a friend. Hours later he PMd me asking me to trade him the cards, they had sold many hours ago so I told him that. He seemed to suggest they hadn't really sold yet, then quickly de-friended me and went offline. Crazy ass fools, man. :nottalking:
Never accept invites from random weirdos. My life went downhill the day I accepted an invite from some random freak named "spoderman" bitching at me for undercutting his foil card.

Never accept invites from random weirdos.
Ah, thanks for reminding me Bruticis. My Battletag is Voken#1125...There needs to be more CAGers playing Hearthstone.

All weirdos are welcome (especially CAG weirdos)

[customspoiler Alternate joke]
To be fair, those invites are not "random." Most of them are from my alt-accounts from which I hire street-bums to secure cards to sell on the Marketplace for "sweet Steam pennies."

"Did you not have a satisfactory experience with us?" If so, contact our customer service. You may also know him as Spoderman in the CAG forums. [/customspoiler]

GetGamesGo is having a SEGA Get Loaded promotion this weekend,

2 games for $12  /  4 games for $18  /  10 games for $30

Games include:

• Total War: Shogun 2
  • Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed
  • Aliens Colonial Marines + Season Pass
  • Medieval 2 Total War Collection
  • Rome Total War Collection
  • Company of Heroes: Complete Pack
  • Sonic Generations
  • Binary Domain Collection
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Aliens vs Predator Collection
  • Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War
  • The Cave
  • Hell Yeah! Collection
  • Condemned: Criminal Origins
  • Dreamcast Collection
All activate on Steam.

Also, Daily Deal:

I may be wrong, but after watching the new CoD trailer (Advanced Warfare) I think they should join forces with Battlefield and make a movie game together. All those trailers are almost the same... there's always some guy running an jumping before an explosion... and jumping towards the screen. There's always someone falling and trying to grab another soldier's hands. There's always someone torturing someone. A background speech trying to teach somebody something. There are differences, but it seems BF and CoD are fighting the same war over and over again on similar scenarios.

I may be wrong, but after watching the new CoD trailer (Advanced Warfare) I think they should join forces with Battlefield and make a movie game together. All those trailers are almost the same... there's always some guy running an jumping before an explosion... and jumping towards the screen. There's always someone falling and trying to grab another soldier's hands. There's always someone torturing someone. A background speech trying to teach somebody something. There are differences, but it seems BF and CoD are fighting the same war over and over again on similar scenarios.
Little behind the times if you're just now Realizing that

After the weaksauce sales this week, I suppose that's not a bad idea.
You mean another weaksauce sale? Anyone who's been on CAG for more than six months already owns at least half of those games from Amazon, and paid less to boot.

When's the summer sale starting?

Sweet ...and I think he believes it's Cognitive Behavioral Therapy...
Boy, is he in for a surprise.

"Okay, I think I'm ready to take notes... hey, what's that thing? Those spiky bits look -- hey, what are you doing? Put that WHERE??"

[customspoiler='Oh hell no!']
816027.gif
[/customspoiler]

seriously this game turns two in a few months... $60 MSRP... even console peasants wouldn't take this pricing crap.

Last game that comes to mind that tried to pull that shit was Dawn of Mana... and it was $40.
I'm starting to think the MSRP for that won't drop until a new Transformers game releases. Sucks too, Fall of Cybertron is supposed to be good, and I liked War for Cybertron. Russians don't even get a good price for FoC.

Blizzard just releases The Lost Vikings and Rock N' Roll Racing for free, you can download the games here.

Note: Battle.net account not needed.

So I played a bit of Dark Shadows: Army of Evil last night. The objectives of the first level are to find a key and sword.. you have no idea how hard it is to figure out how to do that without a walkthrough. After a few minutes, I decided to use a walkthrough (which I assume is the only walkthrough on the internet, because I don't know who else would make one for this shitty game).

I think the walkthrough may be worse than the game itself, see here:

"On the big place you can find the entrance to the dinner room."

Seriously.. fuck that. The walkthrough needs a walkthrough.

hey guys. i was just thinking of how awesome the shogun were and came across 9 rules To live by for a haPpy life:

one: Always make time to visit a Zoo.
5: Learn the 5 Exercises 4 better heAlth.
5: Find the key to happiness by eXamining numbers.
nine: have 0 tolerance for not recognizing the capitals.

hope this helps you guys as much as it helped me!

hey guys. i was just thinking of how awesome the shogun were and came across 9 rules To live by for a haPpy life:

one: Always make time to visit a Zoo.
5: Learn the 5 Exercises 4 better heAlth.
5: Find the key to happiness by eXamining numbers.
nine: have 0 tolerance for not recognizing the capitals.

hope this helps you guys as much as it helped me!
I wish I could try this, but I'm at work. Nice one though ;)

Ya, like a few days ago he had Don't Starve 2-pack for $6 ($3 each) before the price change. So if you bought it you could sell the other pack to someone at the adjusted price ($4 per pack) and end up only spending $2 in the long run. :nottalking:
Ya got me. I had originally bought a 2-pack to trade the spare copy after the sale ended (and the value rose back up) for a bundle or two on SteamTrades, but later I saw your group-buy post, saw Krugz' new price (I really had no idea it'd go up), and figured I could settle for $1 profit to help out a CAG. If you are legitimately bothered by this, you were nice enough during the transaction that I'll send you your $1 back, just PM me.

Sweet ...and I think he believes it's Cognitive Behavioral Therapy...
I did, until I read this post and thought about it more. I think you've been reading someone else's dirty dream journal after all. :p

You mean another weaksauce sale? Anyone who's been on CAG for more than six months already owns at least half of those games from Amazon, and paid less to boot.

When's the summer sale starting?
I think $6 is a record low for Colonial Marines+Season Pass. Problem is I can't think of another title or two I'd pick for a bigger discount, all the other deals are garbage unless we have a group order for 10 items or something.

Boy, is he in for a surprise.

"Okay, I think I'm ready to take notes... hey, what's that thing? Those spiky bits look -- hey, what are you doing? Put that WHERE??"

[customspoiler='Oh hell no!']
816027.gif
[/customspoiler]
Sounds about right, especially the "Oh hell no!" part.

Blizzard just releases The Lost Vikings and Rock N' Roll Racing for free, you can download the games here.

Note: Battle.net account not needed.
Is this a temporary promotion kind of thing, or can I wait 'till I get home to grab these?

Did Carlmundo's group get yanked? When I try to go there it says "This group has been administratively disabled.". Someone else on chat is showing the same thing. I just checked and he's doing a live Stream on Twitch and acting like everything is normal. I don't know, maybe it's just the Steam severs being wonky but other groups seem to be okay.

I did, until I read this post and thought about it more. I think you've been reading someone else's dirty dream journal after all. :p

Sounds about right, especially the "Oh hell no!" part.
Too late. You already signed the consent form and no-safeword waiver. I am professionally bound to assume that everything you say and do at this point is to enhance your experience.

Did Carlmundo's group get yanked? When I try to go there it says "This group has been administratively disabled.". Someone else on chat is showing the same thing. I just checked and he's doing a live Stream on Twitch and acting like everything is normal. I don't know, maybe it's just the Steam severs being wonky but other groups seem to be okay.
I'm getting the same thing. It's the only group that I can see that has been disabled.

I remember they did that a while back to some other group that was promoting deals not on exclusively Steam...

Well after five months of waiting for another sale it sure is nice of Steam to put the two games I regret not grabbing during the winter sale on sale again back to back.  All the better that they're even cheaper.

Now I'm having trouble figuring out something with Shadowrun and maybe someone can help me.  The deluxe edition says it includes "Dead Man's Switch Campaign" but that's not mentioned in the description for the deluxe edition.  Is that something that's DLC or is it just the main campaign?  If it's something extra is it worth the extra $3?

Newegg has the LucasArts Power Pack for $12.49 right now, comes with steam code. It is cheaper than if you buy those games separately on steam.

LucasArts Power Pack contains:

If you only want the Jedi Knight games then the Star Wars Jedi Knight Collection at $6.80 seem like a better deal on steam.

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lost Vikings!!!!! So many good memories of that game. Thanks for posting this!
The last one I played was Norse By Norsewest: Return of the Lost Vikings, I wish they can remake this great classic. There is also a arcade shoot 'em up minigame call Lost Viking in Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/IGbTcuhJCYA[/youtube]

Is this a temporary promotion kind of thing, or can I wait 'till I get home to grab these?
It should be permanent, Blackthorne was free sometime ago and it is still available now.

After all these years, I still don't know If I should grab the first transformers game. Watched some videos and... It doesn't look fun to play. It looks like a standard TPS game but with the transformers franchise on top of it. Maybe I'm not watching the right videos...

I'm a fan of the series... the old TV shows, not the recent movies.

It looks like a standard TPS game but with the transformers franchise on top of it.
What, do you want it to bake you cookies or something? It is a fairly standard TPS (which is a good thing) and it is a good Transformers translation (another good thing). I'd think any fan of the G1 generation or thereabouts would enjoy either WfC or FoC.

After all these years, I still don't know If I should grab the first transformers game. Watched some videos and... It doesn't look fun to play. It looks like a standard TPS game but with the transformers franchise on top of it. Maybe I'm not watching the right videos...

It's a good co-op game, that's all I say. 2nd game is supposed to be more solid as a singleplayer game (as there is no co-op)

These are (GG) "permanent". Wow, your :newbie: dumbassery really knows no limits.
No, no it does not. :)

y these console peasants infiltrate our thread?
Because we've seen the light? (I still don't consider myself a console peasant, just a "master race" person that lived in poverty for a while :p).

Anyways, Rockstar posted the effects of the GameSpy shutdown. Since this affects all platforms, I will be posting this list in this thread, the XBL thread, and the PSN thread, so I apologize if you end up reading the same list two or three times:

Grand Theft Auto V

• No changes will be made
Max Payne 3

• Online multiplayer gameplay: Removed for the Mac version only
  • Social Club website stat tracking and leaderboards: Unaffected
  • In-game multiplayer leaderboards: Unaffected
Red Dead Redemption / RDR Game of the Year Edition / RDR Undead Nightmare

• Online multiplayer gameplay: Unaffected
  • Social Club website stat tracking and leaderboards: Removed
  • In-game Social Club services: Removed
  • In-game multiplayer leaderboards: Removed for PlayStation 3 version only
Grand Theft Auto IV / GTAIV Complete / GTA Episodes from Liberty City

Midnight Club Los Angeles / MCLA Complete Edition

• Online multiplayer gameplay: Removed for the PlayStation 3 version only
  • All Social Club website features and account linking: Removed
  • In-game Rate My Ride and Driving Test unlocks: Removed
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (Nintendo DS and PlayStation Portable Only)

• Social Club website minigames and features: Removed
  • In-game Social Club content unlocks: Removed
  • Social Club website stat tracking: Removed
Beaterator

• All Social Club website features: Removed
  • In-game Track Upload/Download feature: Removed
Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition / MC3: Dub Edition Remix

• Online multiplayer gameplay: Removed
  • In-game multiplayer leaderboards: Removed

What, do you want it to bake you cookies or something? It is a fairly standard TPS (which is a good thing) and it is a good Transformers translation (another good thing). I'd think any fan of the G1 generation or thereabouts would enjoy either WfC or FoC.
I'd rather wait for a game that can cook me some good pork chops

I think I'll grab it if you say a G1 fan would enjoy it

It's a good co-op game, that's all I say. 2nd game is supposed to be more solid as a singleplayer game (as there is no co-op)
I don't usually play MP games... but I think the 2nd game will take it's time to get a decent MSRP

On a related note, the screenshots for America Truck Simulator look awesome and I'm really excited for that game to come out.
Googled for images...found spoder.

j5DdgMB.png

I think I'll grab it if you say a G1 fan would enjoy it
I think so. I mean there is zero relation to the recent movies. The character designs were definitely G1 inspired. Canonically, I guess this would be pre-G1? I'm not sure on that. As a game, they're average-above average, according to which one and playing co-op or not (I played solo). But, these are probably the most faithful (at least of this generation) Transformer games, so that bumps it up a notch for fans.

There's nothing I can do I believe, it's been disabled so I've contacted Steam support :wall: .

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wgnchat#announcements/detail/1785985954361233655

If you guys know a miraculous way to get this dealt with faster then please let me know! I don't fancy waiting 2 weeks for a copy-paste reply.

It's a very solid TPS with a cool soldier/vehicle switching mechanic, that actually managed to make me enjoy Transformers for once (not an IP I've ever been into). It's also fairly short (like 5-6 hours tops) so wouldn't be one you need to bunker down to finish and could move up in your backlog. For $5 it's totally worth it, and I'm eagerly waiting for Activision to remove their head from their ass and put FoC at a similar price.

Anyways, Rockstar posted the effects of the GameSpy shutdown. Since this affects all platforms, I will be posting this list in this thread, the XBL thread, and the PSN thread, so I apologize if you end up reading the same list two or three times:

Grand Theft Auto IV / GTAIV Complete / GTA Episodes from Liberty City
So are they removing both GfWL and the Rockstar DRM? Wow, I might finally play GTA IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back