Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is not the main graphic engine what I was talking about, sorry for not being more specific. Is the "impact" system. On top of the engine.
Oh yeah, they sorta developed their own "system", which consists of about 95 death animations per zed, dismemberment, and chunks. Apparently, the blood will now "paint" whatever texture it hits, making it remain for the entire match and at a really low rendering cost. They did about 3000 mo-caps so each zed will be more lifelike.

I love the "more gore" tenet they've adopted for this game. I'm stoked. .

You can get it for $10 in the trade thread, if that's cheap enough for ya.
Thanks. I should have specified. I own the first Thief on Steam, was looking to grab Thief 2 and Thief 3.

Not really interested in Thi4f. Too much dubstep. :p

Final Fantasy VII & VIII (Steam) $5.09 each after EMCPEWA79 at Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832166150

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832166151

FF7 was $3 in Oct, but I think this is the cheapest FF8 has been.
Good catch. Still not low enough, I'm content with my PS1 copy for now.

So Call of Juarez: The Cartel (activates on Steam) is apparently the lowest price ever at Gamefly right now at $2.71 if you use the MAY20OFF voucher.

Terrible game, but cheap, but terrible game, but cheap but...

Decisions, decisions.

Some pretty interesting lunch time perusing lead me to this - 9 games you wouldn't recognize at all in their original form
I knew all of those except for Quake, Wolf 3D and Splinter Cell Conviction. Conviction was the most interesting new find, as that's a terrible oversight on the dev's part, probably due to lack of communication between dev teams. DMC being RE4 still kind of blows my mind a little though.

Technically, it's an Android port of a DS remake of a NES game.

And yes, Square is nuts, all of their games on iOS and Android are outrageously overpriced like that.
Oh, the Android version is based on the DS version? Didn't know that. At least there's that.

Re: FF3

At least the Square part of Square Eidos is doing something on the PC that isn't an MMO or shovelware re-release from the 90s.

Also on the bright side, the price on the mobile versions is already so high that it will like be priced accordingly on the PC and we won't be paying more for the same game just because for once since the mobile people already pay more. :p

I knew all of those except for Quake, Wolf 3D and Splinter Cell Conviction. Conviction was the most interesting new find, as that's a terrible oversight on the dev's part, probably due to lack of communication between dev teams. DMC being RE4 still kind of blows my mind a little though.
My thoughts exactly.

If only it was FFVI
Yeah, this was my next thought. They've got IV, V, and VI on Android (not to mention friggin' CHRONO TRIGGER) and they chose to bring over III? Terrible decision, especially if (as I suspect) they're using this to gauge interest in further ports. Still, I hope it does well so we can get the rest and maybe even ports of the Dragon Quests.

Not even sure how much of this is sarcasm or not.

People upvote silly reviews. People upvote longer reviews. If your reviews continue to be downvoted when you feel you're putting a lot of effort into them, then maybe it's a good idea to look at what you're saying in them and not blaming it on people been biased toward reviews that couldn't fit on twitter.
That would be true if the majority of Steam users had fully functioning brains and/or third grade level reading comprehension.

Good catch. Still not low enough, I'm content with my ePSXe copy for now.
ftfy

Calibre 10 Racing Alpha for free.

No idea if it updates to full, but I guess u can't lose.

Note: EARLY ACCESS customers will get all the launch content - no matter what the final price point or monetization model will turn out to be.

Sounds like it might even be f2p. (Free cards for early 'buyers' :D)

Do I need to take a picture of my FF7/FF8? :p

I have the Anthology and FF9 physically as well.
36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-bJkI.gif

Nuuvem is having a fairly solid "Triple Dose" build a bundle right now. 3 games for $15 USD.

Alien Spidy

Anna

Blood Knights

Dark

Dark - Cult of the Dead DLC

Imperium Romanum: Gold Edition

Jagged Alliance: Back In Action

Jagged Alliance: Crossfire

Omerta: City of Gangsters

Omerta: City of Gangsters - The Japanese Incentive DLC

Rise of Venice

Sine Mora

The Last Templar

Tropico 4: Collector's Bundle

Tropico Reloaded

Everything seems to be Steam, from what I looked at.

Really tempted to go for it for Dark... That's 87.5% off the game, Apparently it's been slightly cheaper on Nuuvem before though, so I guess if you wanted it then, you already got it.

Not a terrible price on most of the other games. I can recommend Omerta if you don't have it yet. Fun little Tropico + XCOM amalgam, just don't expect the depth or shine of those games, except a dumbed down version of both combined. The Japanese DLC for it ties the lowest price in the past, so Dark + Omerta + Omerta DLC is a pretty solid deal.

Rise of Venice is pretty damn new and still pretty expensive, but that was a bit under $5 on Nuuvem before as well, and it seems to be a chintzy copy of Port Royale. Pretty good deal on either of the Jagged Alliance games as well, but both of them seem to be pretty badly regarded (although I feel that may have a lot to do with the old Jagged Alliance purists just being picky asshats about changes to the game).

Have you tried making them ISOs? They seem to run better on my computer.
Never bothered because I never had performance issues. Hypothetically, if I were to be using an emulator to play these games on my computer, I'd be using the idiot-friendly emulator, psX as opposed to ePSXe

I still have my PS1 as well, I just like keeping it in a safe place, free from any possible wear-and-tear.

Rise of Venice is pretty damn new and still pretty expensive, but that was a bit under $5 on Nuuvem before as well, and it seems to be a chintzy copy of Port Royale.
Not entirely. It's more trade oriented as one might expect (well as anyone with any vague familiarity with European history might expect anyhow). There's not much combat. A lot of buying and selling but there is a strategy to it. It's almost borderline casual but there are a fare amount of statistics to it if you want to dig.

Personally I prefer it to Port Royale. It's more focused on one aspect, the trade.

Flying Bundle 8.

$1 Tier:

Desert Thunder

Make it Indie! (Greenlight)

Super Trench Attack (Greenlight)

$3 Tier:

Bionic Dues

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem 2

Jack Orlando: Director's Cut

and a mystery game.
Wow, Duke Nukems are repeats from Flying 6 right? And Bionic Dues is a repeat from Gala, iirc. $1 tier doesn't have any repeats for me, but we'll see what the "mystery" game is.

Nuuvem is having a fairly solid "Triple Dose" build a bundle right now. 3 games for $15 USD.

Alien Spidy

Anna

Blood Knights

Dark

Dark - Cult of the Dead DLC

Imperium Romanum: Gold Edition

Jagged Alliance: Back In Action

Jagged Alliance: Crossfire

Omerta: City of Gangsters

Omerta: City of Gangsters - The Japanese Incentive DLC

Rise of Venice

Sine Mora

The Last Templar

Tropico 4: Collector's Bundle

Tropico Reloaded

Everything seems to be Steam, from what I looked at.

Really tempted to go for it for Dark... That's 87.5% off the game, Apparently it's been slightly cheaper on Nuuvem before though, so I guess if you wanted it then, you already got it.

Not a terrible price on most of the other games. I can recommend Omerta if you don't have it yet. Fun little Tropico + XCOM amalgam, just don't expect the depth or shine of those games, except a dumbed down version of both combined. The Japanese DLC for it ties the lowest price in the past, so Dark + Omerta + Omerta DLC is a pretty solid deal.

Rise of Venice is pretty damn new and still pretty expensive, but that was a bit under $5 on Nuuvem before as well, and it seems to be a chintzy copy of Port Royale. Pretty good deal on either of the Jagged Alliance games as well, but both of them seem to be pretty badly regarded (although I feel that may have a lot to do with the old Jagged Alliance purists just being picky asshats about changes to the game).
I saw this deal earlier, but it annoys me how DLC is considered "games". Some of those were recently in the Kalypso bundle at BundleStars as well, for way below the asking price. $15 for 3 is just way too high, imo.

If playing on console, why bother dredging out the PSX? Don't have a PS2?
Similar reason. All the PS2 Slims I've dealt with have had shitty lasers, so I stick to playing PS2 games on it to cut down on use.

When the goddam hell are the emulator people going to get Xbox 360 and PS3 emulators going!

I don't care how impossible or hard it is, get it done!

When the goddam hell are the emulator people going to get Xbox 360 and PS3 emulators going!

I don't care how impossible or hard it is, get it done!
PS3 emulator is never happening ever unless the PSNow people end up having to make one themselves. 360 emulator will take time, but it'll happen.

Flying Bundle 8.

$1 Tier:

Desert Thunder

Make it Indie! (Greenlight)

Super Trench Attack (Greenlight)

$3 Tier:

Bionic Dues

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem 2

Jack Orlando: Director's Cut

and a mystery game.
Someone on Reddit is claiming his Duke keys from this bundle were already used. The Flying Bundle rep said he'd contact the publisher about it.

Just an FYI. I mean not that anyone here but completely newb console peasant refugees would think these repeats were hot shit, but figured I'd should mention it.

I didn't realize all PS3 models had PSX compatibility. (I still haven't broken down and bought a PS3.)
I'm not the foremost Playstation expert but I don't think they do. From what I understand, only certain specific older PS3 models will play PSX games. However a fair bit of the more high profile PSX games have gotten PS3 compatibile re-releases on PSN. I mean some of them look like pixelated shit all blown up (like Chrono Cross; sorry Idio but it's true) but they work. *shrug*

*Edit: Or maybe I am thinking of PS3 to PS2 backward compatibility. I can't be expected to know these things. I am only a very occasional console peasant.

Someone on Reddit is claiming his Duke keys from this bundle were already used. The Flying Bundle rep said he'd contact the publisher about it.

Just an FYI. I mean not that anyone here but completely newb console peasant refugees would think these repeats were hot shit, but figured I'd should mention it.
That just makes it even more obvious that the Duke keys are literally leftovers from Flying Bundle 6.

Get on that, you're only about 3-4 years overdue.
FTFY.

I have two DOTA2 keys to burn, what do people think of Transformers War for Cybertron? Is it any good, and does it run well on PC? I'm only interested in playing solo.

PS3 emulator is never happening ever unless the PSNow people end up having to make one themselves. 360 emulator will take time, but it'll happen.
All Microsoft and Sony have to do is sell little external USB drives for your computer that work as emulator/players for $50-100 a pop. Us PC people would eat them up. Not that it'll ever happen, but seriously.

I didn't realize all PS3 models had PSX compatibility. (I still haven't broken down and bought a PS3.)
Get on that, you're only about 7.5 years overdue.
They don't.

PS3 can upscale to HD at least, and has smoothing if you want it.
And yet the Chrono Cross re-release on PSN still looks like shit.

I wish I could get some proper filtering for it or something. I tried on an emulator but it was just too much of a pain in the ass to get it working right.

Is it possible to run those PS One classics from PSN in their original resolutions instead of bumped up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back