Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Doooo Eeeeet! Dooooo Eeeeeet!

Seriously I have like 800 bajillion games and put way more time into it than anything else lately. They really did a good job with the big overhaul patch and the expansion.

The game is really addicting. Ask anyone who has tried to buy a game from Jake recently and heard nothing but crickets back in return.

Also I love how MysterD is conflicted. On the one hand he loves antiquated boxed retail PC games because he's stuck in another era. On the other hand he hates a constant net connection requirement because he's stuck in another era.

Thanks for the heads up Squirrel, I just picked up D3 and RoS for $19.99 and $29.99 respectively (Target). Though, I feel plenty dirty spending that much money and didn't even get a +1 to my Steam count.

@Kitty and anyone else who been following Diablo III games and any Blizzard game pricing (retail boxes)

Guys, did you check your Target weekly ad flyers?

Target has Diablo III: Reaper of Souls PC (expansion) [retail box] for $29.99 + FREE Shipping (if bought online):

http://www.target.com/p/diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls-expansion-set-pc-game/-/A-15125814#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=diablo

Now that I'm buying this yet or anything - but has this the cheaper it has been?

Also, other Blizzard titles are 50% off at Target - according to their flyer (Stoughton, MA flyer):

http://weeklyad.target.com/stoughton-ma-02072/pages?code=Target-140518#12-13

Diablo II PC (base game) is listed at $19.99 online, but they're out online.

http://www.target.com/p/diablo-3-pc-games/-/A-13897513#prodSlot=medium_1_3&term=diablo+3

Y'all might wanna check your Target flyers, online site and local B&M stores, if you looking for Blizzard stuff on sale.

Doooo Eeeeet! Dooooo Eeeeeet!

Seriously I have like 800 bajillion games and put way more time into it than anything else lately. They really did a good job with the big overhaul patch and the expansion.

The game is really addicting. Ask anyone who has tried to buy a game from Jake recently and heard nothing but crickets back in return.

Also I love how MysterD is conflicted. On the one hand he loves antiquated boxed retail PC games because he's stuck in another era. On the other hand he hates a constant net connection requirement because he's stuck in another era.
What is this? A FakeCAG convention?!? Get out of our thread! We don't like your kind in here.

Who the fuck cares..? This is a PC thread. :)
lD3UbOE.gif

Thanks for the info.

EDIT:

I think the cheapest StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm (PC) was $10 at Microsoft Store + FREE Shipping once - which I miss'd out on.

EDIT 2:

Just called my local Target (Stoughton, MA) - yep, $19.99 for it.

I can wait...
What if you get short circuited (again) next week and go to the recycling center without ever playing it?

What is this? A FakeCAG convention?!? Get out of our thread! We don't like your kind in here.
Figures, the head of the GatoHitlerGaming thread wouldn't know a sale if even if it gave him a lapdance. It's all about funny-money over there.

Thanks for the heads up Squirrel The Sifu, I just picked up D3 and RoS for $19.99 and $29.99 respectively (Target). Though, I feel plenty dirty spending that much money and didn't even get a +1 to my Steam count.
Oh là là. Temptation is such a saucy vixen. I might... have to pick up... some... um... toothpaste & mouthwash at Target later today. ;)

What if you get short circuited (again) next week and go to the recycling center without ever playing it?
Look, I still ain't played Starcaft 1 + Brood War; and StarCraft 2: WoL - all which I own and bought REAL cheap.

So, does that tell you where likely SC2: HOTS would go...?

Right, into my strategy-game backlog.

You do realize that normally Blizzard Games take forever to hit 75% off or better, right?

Very rarely, do you see Blizzard Games get those $10 sales on recent titles like D3 + StarCraft 2:WoL from that TRU PC Game Blowout; and when Microsoft Store had D3 + SC2: HoTS for $10.

You do realize that normally Blizzard Games take forever to hit 75% off or better, right?

Very rarely, do you see Blizzard Games get those $10 sales on recent titles like D3 + StarCraft 2:WoL from that TRU PC Game Blowout; and when Microsoft Store had D3 + SC2: HoTS for $10.
Then wait forever! FakeCAGs =P

"Note: Paying $8 or more unlocks all tiers, so you'll receive a total of four copies of Hammerwatch plus soundtrack and art pack. The gift links will be on your download page to share."

Yes, It's 4-pack.

Man, could you imagine a Humble Blizzard Bundle? Obviously none of it would activate on Steam, but I'd be okay with DRM-free versions for some of their earlier games.
I have D2 + LoD + SC1 + Brood War - and you can patch out DRM disc-check for those.

You have to copy over some MPQ's to the game-folder (which are part of the disc-check) and do a few other things.

I have the patches and instructions backed-up, somewhere.

EDIT:

Found 'em.

SC1 makes you also copy over INSTALL.EXE from disc, as well.

Alright, I'll just go ahead and buy a 4-pack (and give $0 to Humble). Anyone else want a copy for $2 PayPal?

I have D2 + SC1 - and you can patch out DRM-check for those.

You have to copy over some MPQ's to the game-folder (which are part of the disc-check) and do a few other things.

I have the patches and instructions backed-up, somewhere.
Or you could redeem the keys online and download them from your Blizzard account so that you don't need the CDs. If you're talking about using a CD-crack, that gets your game key temporarily banned for a month if you try to play online.

Well this is just fuck ing great. No Steam daily. Humble is doing it's shitty little thing. No Amazon Mayhem deals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olMc3PApALQ

Last edited:
Or you could redeem the keys online and download them from your Blizzard account so that you don't need the CDs. If you're talking about using a CD-crack, that gets your game key temporarily banned for a month if you try to play online.
You never needed to use a no-CD patch, copying over the MPQs was enough. :newbie:

Nope, nope - not a CD-crack at all.

This was officially from Blizz for D2 + SC1, YEARS Ago.

Basically, what they did was embedded certain files as game-disc checks.

I have Patch 1.12 for D2 + Patch 1.15.2 listed for SC1 as where they noted how to get around this (and I naturally copy and pasted this from Blizzard's site, back in the day).

Basically, you copy certain ones from the CD's to the game-folder and rename them as MPQ's - and it bypasses the disc-check.

And yes - I do have the games tied to my Blizzard account, in case I need to download them.

I've had these games installed forever from disc, keep in mind.

EDIT:

You never needed to use a no-CD patch, copying over the MPQs was enough. :newbie:
BINGO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back