Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently Notch canceled Oculus support for Minecraft.  I will say the way FB tries to track everything does creep me out so I would never want any camera attached to them.  

Don't forget to tell us how big the download is.
Can't be any bigger than snakeybro's sig. :p

It was unplayable, but still above average on the NES. Most games on the NES were impossible, I guess I didn't realize at the time that the game impossible because was just broken. I figured I was just doing it wrong.
Well, I'm sure according to the devs you were doing it wrong. Not their fault you can't appreciate their game's unique style of gameplay. :bouncy:

Bunch of sellouts.
+1

You pre-ordered Facebook?
Nah, I just bought in during the alpha back when they called it MySpace.

It was unplayable, but still above average on the NES. Most games on the NES were impossible, I guess I didn't realize at the time that the game impossible because was just broken. I figured I was just doing it wrong.

Super Castlevania 4 had easily the best control scheme in the series. I wonder why more Belmonts don't move like that. It's like everyone else is stuck on the NES control scheme while Simon is the only one we've ever seen kicking ass Super Nintendo style.
Impossible? I scoff at your impossible. I loved Simon's Quest, and it was one of the first games I ever beat. Could I play through it now? Oh, hell no. But Little Spoony Bard had some NES skillz.

Is fable lost chapters an expansion? Or is it like the original core game with new missions in it?
Fable: TLC is basically Fable (base game) + additional expansion campaign afterwards.

EDIT:

After you defeat Jack of Blades in human form, the game actually continues...

Is fable lost chapters an expansion? Or is it like the original core game with new missions in it?
The latter. There was no "Lost Chapters" upgrade DLC from what I remember. It's the base game with an expac mixed in.

Update: So one of the devs from the Lazy Guys bundle got back to me.

The Jimmy vs. Zombies dev said that they would implement trading cards, achievements and leaderboards, if it's possible, once they get greenlit.

The latter. There was no "Lost Chapters" upgrade DLC from what I remember. It's the base game with an expac mixed in.

Update: So one of the devs from the Lazy Guys bundle got back to me.

The Jimmy vs. Zombies dev said that they would implement trading cards, achievements and leaderboards, if it's possible, once they get greenlit.
Yeah - I don't think DLC was a big thing yet, in those old XBox days...

If they're still valid sacrifices, they must not trust you too much...
Hey now, I didn't say I was a sex-crazed douchebag. I just know me some virgins.

Haven't we discussed this? We are all our avatars.
Correct.

I just checked my Steam library and noticed I have no DLC for Fable III. I have to admit... I may or may not have an anxiety attack coming on.
I'm not sure I ever bought any DLC for Fable III. I'm having a Deadpool moment.
y u never buy the Amazon bundle? Fable 3 and TLC for $9.99 ($4.99 after a coupon), and then later the DLC was sold in another Amazon bundle for $2.99.

There was regular Fable for Xbox only. Then the PC version had the Lost Chapters added in because people complained about some loose ends, so they made some Mt Rushmore heads spout a bunch of expository dialog to tie up loose ends plus threw in an extra quest. They also re-released that version for Xbox. I don't think it was DLC though.

As for the PC this is the only version that ever existed.

Crap - Bioshock Infinite taking up like almost 40 GB of HDD space since final new DLC installed.
Oh MysterD you are nothing if not predictable.

There was regular Fable for Xbox only. Then the PC version had the Lost Chapters added in because people complained about some loose ends, so they made some Mt Rushmore heads spout a bunch of expository dialog to tie up loose ends plus threw in an extra quest. They also re-released that version for Xbox. I don't think it was DLC though.

As for the PC this is the only version that ever existed.

Oh MysterD you are nothing if not predictable.
Do you like my predictability?

Totally can't wait for this one to get greenlight:

http://bearsimulator.com/

BearSiteHeader.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1330754003/bear-simulator

There's a Cat Simulator on Greenlight too. And it looks like half assed unfinished shit someone threw together in 20 minutes.

It's funny that Goat Simulator isn't even out yet and there's already copycats trying to ride its coattails.

So now we are getting flood of "(insert animal name here) simulators".

BioInf EP2 is performing horrible.

I get 50-70 FPS on high, but it then drops to 5 FPS for seconds for almost half of time. :(

y u never buy the Amazon bundle? Fable 3 and TLC for $9.99 ($4.99 after a coupon), and then later the DLC was sold in another Amazon bundle for $2.99.
Because the Fable 3 DLC got talked down anytime a sale came up. Price isn't the issue, you understand? If it were available and on sale today I would probably pass. The issue is that I can't buy it any longer. *twitch*

What about a BEER simulator?
That is one thing that does not need a simulation. The real thing does just fine.

Because the Fable 3 DLC got talked down anytime a sale came up. Price isn't the issue, you understand? If it were available and on sale today I would probably pass. The issue is that I can't buy it any longer. *twitch*
Really? Besides the cosmetic DLC, a lot of people spoke highly of the Understone and Traitor's Keep DLCs, that add a fair bit of more stuff to do. Granted Fable 3 isn't the greatest game ever and a lot of people talk down the whole thing.

Plus... dog suit. /topic

Really? Besides the cosmetic DLC, a lot of people spoke highly of the Understone and Traitor's Keep DLCs, that add a fair bit of more stuff to do. Granted Fable 3 isn't the greatest game ever and a lot of people talk down the whole thing.

Plus... dog suit. /topic
You're supposed to tell me that it's horrible.

Plus... dog suit. /topic
How long in total was all of that Fable 3 DLC?

Any clue?

I don't have any of that.

EDIT:

Fable 3 is the worst game on Steam. It was an abomination and we should all rejoice at its removal.
I'd rather Microsoft drop G4WL and switch it over to Steamworks entirely.

Hell might freeze over 1st, though.

How long in total was all of that Fable 3 DLC?

Any clue?

I don't have any of that.
Dunno, I recall someone saying Traitor's Keep was pretty long, but I've only ever played through the base game on 360. Haven't touched any of the DLC on the PC, even though I have it.

I know it's rather unCAGly, but the more I look at the Shield, the more I want it...

Did it flop or something? It's on sale straight from NVIDIA for $199 right now.

I know it's rather unCAGly, but the more I look at the Shield, the more I want it...

Did it flop or something? It's on sale straight from NVIDIA for $199 right now.
I really don't see what a Shield provides that any other Android device doesn't. I guess a dedicated gaming tablet but I already have a phone and 3DS for that. I would get a Vita before a Shield personally.

Impossible? I scoff at your impossible. I loved Simon's Quest, and it was one of the first games I ever beat. Could I play through it now? Oh, hell no. But Little Spoony Bard had some NES skillz.
I didn't beat it... Hell, I didn't beat any of the Castlevanias of the 8bit/16bit era but Simon's Quest was my favorite of the era. I understand the hate people have for it I just don't agree with it.

Oculus sold out to Facebook is more like it.
Either way I'm glad they where able to get out before the inevitable bust happened. Its even better that they dropped it on FB's lap.

V/R gameplay will likely succeed at some point but I suspect the big issues will take decades to solve for home use... The biggest from my personal experience, yes I've actually used VR technology in a 3D world, is the huge disconnect that one experiences when the brain believes the body is moving around but the body is actually stationary.

I really don't see what a Shield provides that any other Android device doesn't. I guess a dedicated gaming tablet but I already have a phone and 3DS for that. I would get a Vita before a Shield personally.
What other Android device plays new PC releases at 720p and 60FPS? Titanfall, Borderlands 2, Skyrim, etc. In addition to Android games.

Plus it's a handheld gaming device. You could carry around a tablet and a controller, but not only is that a pain, I don't think tablets come with that powerful of graphics cards yet.

Vita is cool and all for the Playstation Store and all the rereleases they do for older games, but I don't trust Sony with buying a handheld device until they start making the next one. They're just going to come out with the newer and better version of the same device you just bought. Smacks of Apple... Not to mention the graphics are obviously going to pale in comparison to a handheld that plays PC games and runs on a powerful NVIDIA GPU.

What other Android device plays new PC releases at 720p and 60FPS? Titanfall, Borderlands 2, Skyrim, etc. In addition to Android games.

Plus it's a handheld gaming device. You could carry around a tablet and a controller, but not only is that a pain, I don't think tablets come with that powerful of graphics cards yet.

Vita is cool and all for the Playstation Store and all the rereleases they do for older games, but I don't trust Sony with buying a handheld device until they start making the next one. They're just going to come out with the newer and better version of the same device you just bought. Smacks of Apple... Not to mention the graphics are obviously going to pale in comparison to a handheld that plays PC games and runs on a powerful NVIDIA GPU.
I thought the Shield just streams those newer games? Not plays them on the tablet itself.

I thought the Shield just streams those newer games? Not plays them on the tablet itself.
"Remotely access your PC to play your games away from your home."

I don't know how it works. I haven't followed the thing all too well, but it sounds to me like it plays PC games on the handheld device.

EDIT: And here's the list of compatible games so far. http://shield.nvidia.com/pc-game-list/

Vita is cool and all for the Playstation Store and all the rereleases they do for older games, but I don't trust Sony with buying a handheld device until they start making the next one. They're just going to come out with the newer and better version of the same device you just bought. Smacks of Apple...
This would be completely true.. if Sony wasn't cutting corners in manufacturing. The second Vita iteration has a much cheaper screen and a smaller touchscreen (but a longer battery life/slimmer dimensions/microUSB charging slot). And the Vita TV was just.. no.

Hoping to get a Vita 1k on the cheap since most people don't care about the OLED. I wanna hope that Sony will have a better screen for the 3k, but.. I doubt it.

So basically it will play PC games, but only on WiFi?
Your computer will be running the game, Shield will connect to your PC through your wireless network using their Nvidia Gamestream so you can stream it to the little handheld screen and use Shield as a controller. Shield doesn't run the game at all really, the PC does all the work. You won't be able to play the PC games outside of your network unless you connect to another PC and network that can run those games.

Pretty much why it's not very popular. If you have to stay around your house to play PC games on your Shield, just play on your PC.

"Remotely access your PC to play your games away from your home."

I don't know how it works. I haven't followed the thing all too well, but it sounds to me like it plays PC games on the handheld device.

EDIT: And here's the list of compatible games so far. http://shield.nvidia.com/pc-game-list/
That just means it streams the games being played on your PC like that service did that went out of business (Onlive?) so it's not actually playing the games, its just streaming them as you are playing them on your computer but remotely controlling them with the Shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back