Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Deep Thoughts by Jack Mooby:

- Torchlight 2 is the best of the recent Diablo-clones (including Derpablo 3).

- Far Cry 3 and Rage are sort of the same game with FC being more 'open world.' Problem is there's not much to do in that world other than completionist stuff/achievement hunting. Rage is more directed but they abuse the 'okay now do this level but now BACKWARDS' gimmick too many times. Rage has more fun gadgets to kill enemies with and, overall, a better FPS feel.

- Hitman Derpalution isn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be. It introduces a few new questionable mechanics but it's still fundamentally a Hitman game.

- Secret World: If you find that you dress like the people on the 'cover' art you'll probably like it. If you think they're neo-hipsters, best to avoid.

..almost as abrupt as Gothic 1's ending.
Huh? How is Gothic 1's ending abrupt? The game is probably a good twenty or thirty hours long with exploration and you have to fight through a large temple to get to the final big bad. Rage's final level is half a dozen linear corridors and a point defense. At the very least Gothic built up a narrative progression. Rage just dumps you in the wasteland and all of a sudden you're fighting for the resistance. You don't even find out the name of the head bad guy until... the last two hours of the game? And even then you never actually see him.

Secret World: If you find that you dress like the people on the 'cover' art you'll probably like it. If you think they're neo-hipsters, best to avoid.
Secret_World_Foil_02.png

Some say life and death are bitches, and there are those in the Illuminati who say she's got them both beat.

Deep Thoughts by Jack Mooby:

- Torchlight 2 is the best of the recent Diablo-clones (including Derpablo 3).

- Far Cry 3 and Rage are sort of the same game with FC being more 'open world.' Problem is there's not much to do in that world other than completionist stuff/achievement hunting. Rage is more directed but they abuse the 'okay now do this level but now BACKWARDS' gimmick too many times. Rage has more fun gadgets to kill enemies with and, overall, a better FPS feel.

- Hitman Derpalution isn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be. It introduces a few new questionable mechanics but it's still fundamentally a Hitman game.

- Secret World: If you find that you dress like the people on the 'cover' art you'll probably like it. If you think they're neo-hipsters, best to avoid.

Huh? How is Gothic 1's ending abrupt? The game is probably a good twenty or thirty hours long with exploration and you have to fight through a large temple to get to the final big bad. Rage's final level is half a dozen linear corridors and a point defense. At the very least Gothic built up a narrative progression. Rage just dumps you in the wasteland and all of a sudden you're fighting for the resistance. You don't even find out the name of the head bad guy until... the last two hours of the game? And even then you never actually see him.
I'm referring to after defeating the final boss in Gothic 1, how the ending felt very abrupt...

Didn't feel like much was there...

Gothic 1 Spoilers

While the final cinematic of killing the final boss was nice, that's where it ends.

With the cliffhanger of "Oh, the prisoner barrier's down and now the adventure just was beginning" - it's a terrible cliffhanger.

They could've showed cut-scenes of the barrier being wrecked, prisoners reacting to this, and so much more - especially for a RPG.

EDIT:

Secret_World_Foil_02.png

Some say life and death are bitches, and there are those in the Illuminati who say she's got them both beat.
I always thought that "sleep was the cousin of death."

It's come to my attention that there are people out there who haven't played, or even heard of, Supercars 2.

What is wrong with you people?
What about Road Fighter? This is the best racing game at that time. :mrgreen:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Q7MsDFLTMMY[/youtube]

Smartarse. I thought it might be a possibility since it's a pack on Steam.

I guess I'll pass then.
It's EXTREMELY rare for Steam-games to give you extra copies on Steam.

Hence why you hear me complain about Steam-keys going to waste, in many situations - b/c I buy LOTS of games; and there are often chances I could re-buy re-releases of games...to get DLC's, expansions, extra content, extra goodies, soundtracks, or any things I want that I'm missing.

I own Skyrim base-game + Dragonborn DLC already.

If I bought Skyrim Legendary, I certainly DO NOT get extra copies of Skyrim base-game + Dragonborn DLC.

It's gonna have to be REALLY-REALLY cheap, for me to buy Skyrim Legendary - given what stuff from Skyrim that I already own.

For more details on Extra Copies, see this:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4502-TPJL-2656

I'm referring to after defeating the final boss in Gothic 1, how the ending felt very abrupt...

Didn't feel like much was there...

Gothic 1 Spoilers

While the final cinematic of killing the final boss was nice, that's where it ends.

With the cliffhanger of "Oh, the prisoner barrier's down and now the adventure just was beginning" - it's a terrible cliffhanger.

They could've showed cut-scenes of the barrier being wrecked, prisoners reacting to this, and so much more - especially for a RPG.
Eh, it was okay for a 2000ish era game. Did you expect it to tuck you in and bring you a warm glass of milk~

This bundle is interesting as I only have Aerena. Is Iesabel a port from mobile?

Lesabel is a mobile port, yes. Apparently it's very broken and not worth much attention. Looks gorgeous though.

Ive always been curious about secret world. Anyone know how the community is for it?
TSW's community is excellent as long as you don't mind a pretty quiet bunch of players. Definitely not a lot of obnoxious players running around like in many MMOs. TSW seems to draw a different crowd.

I'd recommend playing on the Arcadia RP server if you play. Roleplay isn't enforced, but I find that server is full of a lot more mature players, and it's cool to see players adding to the immersion of the game. Roleplay isn't everyone's thing, but it gives you the option of joining in yourself too at some point.

I have Immortal Throne, it shows up as a different game in my Steambrary. Just installing it, does that fix the UI, etc? And which game do I click on to play?

Yes, install both and use Immortal Throne to play the game. I believe the unofficial patch requires IT as well.

So quick question regarding TSW... Been on the fence with this for awhile, but regular edition or Massive Edition? The likelihood of me every actually getting to the extra content is minimal, but on the off chance I do, how much would I be looking at buying the individual issues vs. an extra $10 for the Massive Edition now?

I'd say you should play the trial to see if it's something you're interested in before making up your mind. I've only played one or two of the episodes, and I've never felt at a loss for content. The game is huge. The issues appeal more to players who have worked their way through most of the base content and want more.

That said, it is cheaper to do the massive edition if you want everything, so if you play the trial and find out that you really like the game, it's worth the purchase. I honestly can't recommend TSW enough. I'll spare the thread one of my novels about how good it is, but I honestly believe it's the best MMO on the market, hands down.

Secret_World_Foil_02.png

Geary is the best character in that game. Playing as an Illuminati character is so much better of an experience simply because of her.

Smartarse. I thought it might be a possibility since it's a pack on Steam.

I guess I'll pass then.
I guess this is a new tactic by Meridian, they've done this twice in the last month. They put cheap games on a deep 90% discount making them less than $1. Then a couple of weeks later they put those games in an even cheaper pack on Steam.

I guess I'll just wait for the cheaper pack from now on *shrug*

I guess this is a new tactic by Meridian, they've done this twice in the last month. They put cheap games on a deep 90% discount making them less than $1. Then a couple of weeks later they put those games in an even cheaper pack on Steam.

I guess I'll just wait for the cheaper pack from now on *shrug*
Is a HUGE Meridian Humble Bundle incoming?

Just tried out the Battle Block Theater beta.  Couldn't get the MP working, but maybe it's not running yet.  Single player was a really fun, if a little easy platformer, but I just did the first six levels.  Very promising so far.  

Since I probably won't have time to beat any more games tonight, here is my final Sixty in March update:

12 games beaten since last time (or 11 and Free to Play):

62: Infected: The Twin Vaccine (3/21; 2 Hours played; 3 stars) - Love the silly voice acting and creepy atmosphere.
63: Freedom Fall (3/22; 62 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Nifty platformer that would be rough without its generous checkpoints.
64: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (3/25; 11 Hours played; 4 stars) - Shoot, shoot, shoot! Climb, climb, climb! The Nathan and Sully showwww!!
65: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (3/26; 4 Hours played; 4 stars) - Has actually aged better than the first Modern Warfare. Also super easy.
66: Bone: Out from Boneville (3/27; 101 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Simple adventure game. Made me want to reread Bone.
67: Aliens: Colonial Marines (3/29; 7 Hours played; 0 stars) - Everything about this game is horrible, and the world is a worse place for it.
68: Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army (3/30; 5 Hours played; 4 stars) - What kind of weirdo wouldn't enjoy sniping Nazi zombies?
69: Cloning Clyde (3/31; 5 Hours played; 4 stars) - Nifty puzzle platformer. Pretty enjoyable and funny.
70: Free to Play (3/31; 101 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Really good documentary.
71: Crayon Physics Deluxe (3/31; 2 Hours played; 2 stars) - The Incrayonable Machine
72: Serious Sam: The Random Encounter (3/31; 72 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Let's shoot stuff.
73: Huntsman - The Orphanage (3/31; 2 Hours played; 3 stars) - Turns out horror games are not really my thing.

Previous updates:
01: Luxor (3/1; 9 Hours played; 3 stars) - Started in Feb. It's ok.
02: Love (3/1; 38 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Pretty fun.
03: The Graveyard (3/1; 13 Minutes played; 1 or maybe 5 stars) - A true gem! Or maybe not. But maybe!
04: Happy Song Prototype (3/1; 5 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Nifty?
05: The White Birch Prototype (3/1; 16 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Very nice atmospheric climbing game. Rough mechanics.
06: Black Lake Prototype (3/1; 16 Minutes played; 5 stars) - Really cool game. Gotta find that fox!
07: BRAZEN Prototype (3/1; 10 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Fun stuff. A few hours would have been too much.
08: Magical Drop V (3/1; 30 Minutes played; 2 stars) - Not sure if this game is designed for kids or perverts.
09: Worms Pinball (3/2; 6 Minutes played; 2 stars) - Don't know if I am going to count this.
10: 9.03 (3/2; 12 Minutes played; 5 stars?) - A nifty arty game about being sad and then going to a beach party for wizards. Oh, those wizards are all dead. Oh. They weren't wizards.
11: Dinner Date (3/2; 20 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Sit at a Table and Ponder Your Life: The Game
12: The Polynomial (3/2; 7 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Endless game, not sure if I should count it. Looks great.
13: GundeadliGne (3/2; 30 Minutes played; X stars) - Shoot stuff.
14: Telltale Texas Hold'Em (3/2; 15 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Pretty funny, but not as polished as their recent poker games.
15: Postal (3/3; 3 Hours played; 2 stars) - The sounds of hundreds of burning ostriches will haunt my dreams for all days.
16: Costume Quest Prototype (3/3; 13 Minutes played; 1 star) - Buggy but charming mess.
17: Save the Date (3/3; 15 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Interesting one. Well worth the investment (zero dollars and fifteen minutes)
18: Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 (3/3; 6 Hours played; 4 stars) - Very fun. End boss is a pain.
19: Hope: The Other Side of Adventure (3/3; 1 Hour played; 4 stars) - Cool format, dark game. Was expecting/hoping for a different ending.
20: Karateka (3/3; 35 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Simple, fun brawler with a good atmosphere.
21: Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space (3/4; 26 Minutes played; 5 stars) - This is a cool one. Will be playing this one again.
22: Hack n Slash Prototype (3/4; 47 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Very interesting. Recommend playing.
23: Wake (3/4; 44 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Cool platformer about escaping a sinking ship. 
24: Savant - Ascent (3/4; 58 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Tough as crap, cool music.
25: Samorost (3/4; 15 Minutes played; 5 stars) - Neato point and click. Short and free and cool; everyone should play it.
26: McPixel (3/4; 1 Hour played; 3 stars) - Funny but grating.
27: Lee-Lee's Quest 2 (3/4; 25 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Decent platforming, pretty funny.
28: Super Amazing Wagon Adventure (3/5; 63 Minutes played; 5 stars) - Super inventive and hard as hell.
29: Samorost 2 (3/5; 42 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Puzzles could be a bit tricky, especially the last one. Super cool game though.
30: Guns of Icarus (3/5; 38 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Pretty fun turret defense game. 
31: Post Apocalyptic Mayhem (3/5; 51 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Pretty fun but the scoring system makes the race not really matter.
32: Scoregasm (3/5; 28 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Twin-stick shooter. 'Nuff said.
33: Proteus (3/5; 30 Minutes played; 5 stars) - Like Minecraft without all that annoying stuff to do!
34: Data Jammers: FastForward (3/5; 43 Minutes played; 2 stars) - This is a game.
35: DLC Quest (3/5; 36 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Funny, easy platformer. Chef recommends!
36: Bumbledore (3/6; 36 Minutes played; 2 stars) - Should have stayed a mobile game.
37: Gunman Clive (3/6; 51 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Cool Western platformer with a few fun twists.
38: Inversion (3/7; 6.5 Hours played; 3 stars) - Fun, silly third-person shooter.
39: Hexcells Plus (3/7; 6 Hours played; 5 stars) - Hexcells are perfect puzzle games. Just needs Steam Workshop.
40: Autonomous Prototype (3/7; 102 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Very cool robot building and fighting game. A bit rough at first.
41: Postmortem: one must die (3/8; 10 Minutes played; 5 stars) - Going to have to play this one again sometime.
42: The Room 2 (3/8; a few hours played; 4 stars) - Pretty awesome. Very tactile.
43: Fat Princess (3/8; 2 Hours played or so; 2 stars) - Kind of fun, but it kept telling me to buy DLC.
44: Sound Shapes (3/9; 1 Hour played; 4 stars) - Very cool, short platformer. Looks like a lot of fun to make levels.
45: Hamlet or the Last Game ... (3/10; 45 Minutes played; 4 stars) - My favorite part was uploading screenshots with Hamlet quotes.
46: Penny Arcade the Game: Gamers vs. Evil (3/10; 2 Hours played; 4 stars) - Fun card game.
47: Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons (3/10; 3 Hours played; 5 stars) - Pretty good game.
48: Indie Game: The Movie & Indie Game: The Movie: The Game (3/11; 2 Hours played; 5 stars) - Good stuff. Tough game.
49: Containment: The Zombie Puzzler (3/11; 2 Hours played; 4 stars) - Pretty fun once I got into it.
50: Frog Fractions (3/11; 1 Hour played; 4 and 3/3 stars) - Everyone should play this one.
51: Beast Boxing Turbo (3/11; 2 Hours played; 4 stars) - Silly and fun and punching.
52: Digital - A Love Story (3/12; 2 Hours played; 4 stars) - Liked this one a lot.
53: don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story (3/12; 2 Hours played; 4 stars) - Shakespearian, but is it a comedy ... or a tragedy?
54: VVVVVV (3/12; 2 Hours played; 1-5 stars, depending how much you like to die) - Very frustrating but satisfying.
55: KAMI (3/13; 2 Hours played; 5 stars) - One nicest, most tactile puzzle games I have ever played.
56: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (3/14; 5 Hours played; 2 stars) - BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO
57: Shelter (3/15; 97 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Nice art, cute badger tots.
58: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days (3/15; 3 Hours played; 3 stars) - That shaky cam... gonna hurl...
59: Dear Esther (3/15; 54 Minutes played; 4 stars) - If you really want to appreciate this game, play it right after Kane & Lynch 2!
60: Bientôt l'été (3/16; 88 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Probably the most realistic chess simulator I have ever played.
61: Batman: Arkham Origins (3/19; 21 Hours played; 24 Hours played to get all collectibles; 5 stars) - BATMAN!

I take it you haven't played it yet, because even a blind man wouldn't think it looked gorgeous or even good.
Haven't played it, no, but the screenshots are fairly impressive. I was only talking graphically. What's so ugly about it? Obviously even the worst of games can have beautiful graphics and be horrendous, but yeah.

Since I probably won't have time to beat any more games tonight, here is my final Sixty in March update:

12 games beaten since last time (or 11 and Free to Play):

62: Infected: The Twin Vaccine (3/21; 2 Hours played; 3 stars) - Love the silly voice acting and creepy atmosphere.
63: Freedom Fall (3/22; 62 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Nifty platformer that would be rough without its generous checkpoints.
64: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (3/25; 11 Hours played; 4 stars) - Shoot, shoot, shoot! Climb, climb, climb! The Nathan and Sully showwww!!
65: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (3/26; 4 Hours played; 4 stars) - Has actually aged better than the first Modern Warfare. Also super easy.
66: Bone: Out from Boneville (3/27; 101 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Simple adventure game. Made me want to reread Bone.
67: Aliens: Colonial Marines (3/29; 7 Hours played; 0 stars) - Everything about this game is horrible, and the world is a worse place for it.
68: Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army (3/30; 5 Hours played; 4 stars) - What kind of weirdo wouldn't enjoy sniping Nazi zombies?
69: Cloning Clyde (3/31; 5 Hours played; 4 stars) - Nifty puzzle platformer. Pretty enjoyable and funny.
70: Free to Play (3/31; 101 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Really good documentary.
71: Crayon Physics Deluxe (3/31; 2 Hours played; 2 stars) - The Incrayonable Machine
72: Serious Sam: The Random Encounter (3/31; 72 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Let's shoot stuff.
73: Huntsman - The Orphanage (3/31; 2 Hours played; 3 stars) - Turns out horror games are not really my thing.

Previous updates:
01: Luxor (3/1; 9 Hours played; 3 stars) - Started in Feb. It's ok.
02: Love (3/1; 38 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Pretty fun.
03: The Graveyard (3/1; 13 Minutes played; 1 or maybe 5 stars) - A true gem! Or maybe not. But maybe!
04: Happy Song Prototype (3/1; 5 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Nifty?
05: The White Birch Prototype (3/1; 16 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Very nice atmospheric climbing game. Rough mechanics.
06: Black Lake Prototype (3/1; 16 Minutes played; 5 stars) - Really cool game. Gotta find that fox!
07: BRAZEN Prototype (3/1; 10 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Fun stuff. A few hours would have been too much.
08: Magical Drop V (3/1; 30 Minutes played; 2 stars) - Not sure if this game is designed for kids or perverts.
09: Worms Pinball (3/2; 6 Minutes played; 2 stars) - Don't know if I am going to count this.
10: 9.03 (3/2; 12 Minutes played; 5 stars?) - A nifty arty game about being sad and then going to a beach party for wizards. Oh, those wizards are all dead. Oh. They weren't wizards.
11: Dinner Date (3/2; 20 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Sit at a Table and Ponder Your Life: The Game
12: The Polynomial (3/2; 7 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Endless game, not sure if I should count it. Looks great.
13: GundeadliGne (3/2; 30 Minutes played; X stars) - Shoot stuff.
14: Telltale Texas Hold'Em (3/2; 15 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Pretty funny, but not as polished as their recent poker games.
15: Postal (3/3; 3 Hours played; 2 stars) - The sounds of hundreds of burning ostriches will haunt my dreams for all days.
16: Costume Quest Prototype (3/3; 13 Minutes played; 1 star) - Buggy but charming mess.
17: Save the Date (3/3; 15 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Interesting one. Well worth the investment (zero dollars and fifteen minutes)
18: Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 (3/3; 6 Hours played; 4 stars) - Very fun. End boss is a pain.
19: Hope: The Other Side of Adventure (3/3; 1 Hour played; 4 stars) - Cool format, dark game. Was expecting/hoping for a different ending.
20: Karateka (3/3; 35 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Simple, fun brawler with a good atmosphere.
21: Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space (3/4; 26 Minutes played; 5 stars) - This is a cool one. Will be playing this one again.
22: Hack n Slash Prototype (3/4; 47 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Very interesting. Recommend playing.
23: Wake (3/4; 44 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Cool platformer about escaping a sinking ship.
24: Savant - Ascent (3/4; 58 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Tough as crap, cool music.
25: Samorost (3/4; 15 Minutes played; 5 stars) - Neato point and click. Short and free and cool; everyone should play it.
26: McPixel (3/4; 1 Hour played; 3 stars) - Funny but grating.
27: Lee-Lee's Quest 2 (3/4; 25 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Decent platforming, pretty funny.
28: Super Amazing Wagon Adventure (3/5; 63 Minutes played; 5 stars) - Super inventive and hard as hell.
29: Samorost 2 (3/5; 42 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Puzzles could be a bit tricky, especially the last one. Super cool game though.
30: Guns of Icarus (3/5; 38 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Pretty fun turret defense game.
31: Post Apocalyptic Mayhem (3/5; 51 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Pretty fun but the scoring system makes the race not really matter.
32: Scoregasm (3/5; 28 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Twin-stick shooter. 'Nuff said.
33: Proteus (3/5; 30 Minutes played; 5 stars) - Like Minecraft without all that annoying stuff to do!
34: Data Jammers: FastForward (3/5; 43 Minutes played; 2 stars) - This is a game.
35: DLC Quest (3/5; 36 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Funny, easy platformer. Chef recommends!
36: Bumbledore (3/6; 36 Minutes played; 2 stars) - Should have stayed a mobile game.
37: Gunman Clive (3/6; 51 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Cool Western platformer with a few fun twists.
38: Inversion (3/7; 6.5 Hours played; 3 stars) - Fun, silly third-person shooter.
39: Hexcells Plus (3/7; 6 Hours played; 5 stars) - Hexcells are perfect puzzle games. Just needs Steam Workshop.
40: Autonomous Prototype (3/7; 102 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Very cool robot building and fighting game. A bit rough at first.
41: Postmortem: one must die (3/8; 10 Minutes played; 5 stars) - Going to have to play this one again sometime.
42: The Room 2 (3/8; a few hours played; 4 stars) - Pretty awesome. Very tactile.
43: Fat Princess (3/8; 2 Hours played or so; 2 stars) - Kind of fun, but it kept telling me to buy DLC.
44: Sound Shapes (3/9; 1 Hour played; 4 stars) - Very cool, short platformer. Looks like a lot of fun to make levels.
45: Hamlet or the Last Game ... (3/10; 45 Minutes played; 4 stars) - My favorite part was uploading screenshots with Hamlet quotes.
46: Penny Arcade the Game: Gamers vs. Evil (3/10; 2 Hours played; 4 stars) - Fun card game.
47: Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons (3/10; 3 Hours played; 5 stars) - Pretty good game.
48: Indie Game: The Movie & Indie Game: The Movie: The Game (3/11; 2 Hours played; 5 stars) - Good stuff. Tough game.
49: Containment: The Zombie Puzzler (3/11; 2 Hours played; 4 stars) - Pretty fun once I got into it.
50: Frog Fractions (3/11; 1 Hour played; 4 and 3/3 stars) - Everyone should play this one.
51: Beast Boxing Turbo (3/11; 2 Hours played; 4 stars) - Silly and fun and punching.
52: Digital - A Love Story (3/12; 2 Hours played; 4 stars) - Liked this one a lot.
53: don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story (3/12; 2 Hours played; 4 stars) - Shakespearian, but is it a comedy ... or a tragedy?
54: VVVVVV (3/12; 2 Hours played; 1-5 stars, depending how much you like to die) - Very frustrating but satisfying.
55: KAMI (3/13; 2 Hours played; 5 stars) - One nicest, most tactile puzzle games I have ever played.
56: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (3/14; 5 Hours played; 2 stars) - BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO
57: Shelter (3/15; 97 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Nice art, cute badger tots.
58: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days (3/15; 3 Hours played; 3 stars) - That shaky cam... gonna hurl...
59: Dear Esther (3/15; 54 Minutes played; 4 stars) - If you really want to appreciate this game, play it right after Kane & Lynch 2!
60: Bientôt l'été (3/16; 88 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Probably the most realistic chess simulator I have ever played.
61: Batman: Arkham Origins (3/19; 21 Hours played; 24 Hours played to get all collectibles; 5 stars) - BATMAN!
Very impressive. Will probably use this as a reference point for tackling some shorter games in the backlog between some longer ones.

Just tried out the Battle Block Theater beta. Couldn't get the MP working, but maybe it's not running yet. Single player was a really fun, if a little easy platformer, but I just did the first six levels. Very promising so far.
I believe in one of the emails they stated that the MP would start up on Tuesday.

Just tried out the Battle Block Theater beta. Couldn't get the MP working, but maybe it's not running yet. Single player was a really fun, if a little easy platformer, but I just did the first six levels. Very promising so far.
Did they e-mail you the key for the beta? Or did they send it over Steam or something? I didn't get anything over Steam, but I haven't checked my crap-collecting e-mail.

Did they e-mail you the key for the beta? Or did they send it over Steam or something? I didn't get anything over Steam, but I haven't checked my crap-collecting e-mail.
They emailed me my key.
What he said.
What he said he said.

I'm having a really fun time with it. I never bothered to look at it on xbox, so everything is fresh for me. I'm loving the humor so far, but I couldn't figure out how to get my controller to work, yet. I'm sure there's a button somewhere that I'm just not seeing.

I own Skyrim base-game + Dragonborn DLC already.
If I bought Skyrim Legendary, I certainly DO NOT get extra copies of Skyrim base-game + Dragonborn DLC.

It's gonna have to be REALLY-REALLY cheap, for me to buy Skyrim Legendary - given what stuff from Skyrim that I already own.
I'm in the same boat. Funny thing is, the Legendary Edition (when on sale) adds up to be less than the individual DLCs.

What he said he said.

I'm having a really fun time with it. I never bothered to look at it on xbox, so everything is fresh for me. I'm loving the humor so far, but I couldn't figure out how to get my controller to work, yet. I'm sure there's a button somewhere that I'm just not seeing.
I'm using a DS3 using Xpadder Input or something (MNS told me about it). What I found is if you start using the key board at the main menu, it doesn't read the controller, so you have to start using the controller from the beginning before hitting anything on the keyboard.

I'm using a DS3 using Xpadder Input or something (MNS told me about it). What I found is if you start using the key board at the main menu, it doesn't read the controller, so you have to start using the controller from the beginning before hitting anything on the keyboard.
Oooooookay, I'll have to give that a shot. Thanks for the tip.

I'm in the same boat. Funny thing is, the Legendary Edition (when on sale) adds up to be less than the individual DLCs.
The real problem to me is that Legendary Ed won't kick me extra copies of stuff that I already own (Skyrim base-game + Dragonborn DLC).

For me to not care about "key wasting", Legendary would have to be like ultra-cheap.

It's working for me. I'm actually playing with Bernardo right now. add me on steam ! (my signature link actually works).

Sucks. Looks like they didn't send me a key (already checked Spam/Junk).

I guess that's fair, my Steam account has like 0 playtime on it because I've been sticking to Desura/other non-Steam games/console until I get a better GPU.

I was hoping I could at least run Battleblock though. :whistle2:( Oh well. Thanks for answering me so quickly guys.

Haven't played it, no, but the screenshots are fairly impressive. I was only talking graphically. What's so ugly about it? Obviously even the worst of games can have beautiful graphics and be horrendous, but yeah.
The textures are abysmal and super repetitive, animations are really stiff, there are zero graphics options so any AA and other filtering effects have to be done with a secondary program, and the whole package is just the most bland and generic fantasy you can come by.

I really don't know what they did to the screenshots, but the game I played wasn't anywhere near that polished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back