Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel Revelations was a fine tuned pinnacle of the series gameplay wise. If you ignore the first person platforming and tower defense, both of which could be avoided and still achieve 100% sync. It took me some time to get into Revelations but it was great, was not a fan of parts of the storyline but other parts were good.

Shifty

KB5TJ-CJB3Z-H6KKT-BB33B-KH33B

I feel Revelations was a fine tuned pinnacle of the series gameplay wise. If you ignore the first person platforming and tower defense, both of which could be avoided and still achieve 100% sync. It took me some time to get into Revelations but it was great, was not a fan of parts of the storyline but other parts were good.
While I can conceptually agree with you, I felt it just got old by the time I played Rev. Also, I found the rendition of Constantinople disappointing. I loved Venice. Rome was a nice varied change. But Constantinople felt lacking.

I just usually play with a male character if given the choice because I am male. [...] In most MMOs I find it's males choosing slutty looking female characters to try to get even more pitiful males to give them free shit.
I often play a female in RPGs just because I always loosely base my first character off my old and favorite Everquest character. Who happened to be female. My MMORPG characters run about 50/50 because I just come up with a mental concept in my head and run with it -- sometimes it's female and sometimes male. Especially back in City of Heroes where gender could play a big role in costuming (Prairie Blaze, my gingham dress clad fire blaster, wouldn't have worked so well as a guy, for example).

In fighting games, especially the old side scrollers, I often went female just because that was always the fast-agile character and I liked that style best. Had the fast-agile been a male ninja or something, I would have picked him instead.

[quote name="INMATEofARKHAM" post="11595276" timestamp="1394389066"]Probably true... Though I'm having some troubles making the jump. I'm worried about them getting it to me by the 31st to redeem for the in game goodies. Which I value over the GC.

Edit: For anyone doing the Diablo III thing my username is: INMATE#1902

How the hell they had 1901 inmates before me I don't get... Granted, the bigger question is in this day and age who limits a username to less than such a few characters. (INMATEofARKHAM doesn't fit... like wut?)[/quote]

The #1902 is randomly generated by Blizzard - for "security". I read it somewhere on their website after I changed my username. I have no idea how that makes it more secure.

While I can conceptually agree with you, I felt it just got old by the time I played Rev. Also, I found the rendition of Constantinople disappointing. I loved Venice. Rome was a nice varied change. But Constantinople felt lacking.
That's exactly it for me - in AC:R, the new missions I just did not like at all (tower-defense missions + Portal-like puzzles for Desmond) & a lot of the mission types just felt like we've done it before.

Also, yep - I agreed w/ Kitty. I really like Venice + Rome, but wish more was done w/ Constantinople.

I often play a female in RPGs just because I always loosely base my first character off my old and favorite Everquest character. Who happened to be female. My MMORPG characters run about 50/50 because I just come up with a mental concept in my head and run with it -- sometimes it's female and sometimes male. Especially back in City of Heroes where gender could play a big role in costuming (Prairie Blaze, my gingham dress clad fire blaster, wouldn't have worked so well as a guy, for example).

In fighting games, especially the old side scrollers, I often went female just because that was always the fast-agile character and I liked that style best. Had the fast-agile been a male ninja or something, I would have picked him instead.
Psh. Fire was ez mode for blasters. Ar/dev is where it's at.

That's exactly it for me - in AC:R, the new missions I just did not like at all (tower-defense missions + Portal-like puzzles for Desmond) & a lot of the mission types just felt like we've done it before.

Also, yep - I agreed w/ Kitty. I really like Venice + Rome, but wish more was done w/ Constantinople.
You only have to do the tower defense tutorial, if you keep your notoriety down you never have to do it again. Just saying. You never have to touch the desmond portal stuff, you can get 100% sync without it. In case you didn't know.

You only have to do the tower defense tutorial, if you keep your notoriety down you never have to do it again. Just saying. You never have to touch the desmond portal stuff, you can get 100% sync without it. In case you didn't know.
Just so you know - I barely touched those 2 mission types, yet still hated them majorly.

EDIT:

So how bout dem Steam deals
I dunno - so, what you think of the Age of Empires 2 HD deal at 75% off? ;)

Just so you know - I barely touched those 2 mission types, yet still hated them majorly.

EDIT:

I dunno - so, what you think of the Age of Empires 2 HD deal at 75% off? ;)
All I can say is that the Left 4 Dead 2 deal is so good that I bought 10 copies over the past couple days.

Or don't care about it, purposely fail the TD, then hunt down and knife the MFer.

I've been playing some Bang Bang Racing today, which was pretty nice. I like it almost as much as Little Racers STREET, which I love.

In the Little Racers STREET vs. Mini Motor Racing EVO vs. Bang Bang Racing comparison I'd say its...

1) Little Racers STREET ... closely followed by ...

2) Bang Bang Racing ... it's prettier but more of a "Toy Car" feel ... then

3) Mini Motor Racing EVO ... also pretty but not as good as BBR

Speaking of drops...here are some really crappy desura keys, have at 'em:

Airship Dragoon: L1V6C-NRVOI-9HU5A-PUHKP-62D2S   

telepath rpg: JSIR5-OQX2V-NFWJC-LO561-IPKCR 

POEtshX.png

The #1902 is randomly generated by Blizzard - for "security". I read it somewhere on their website after I changed my username. I have no idea how that makes it more secure.
Sarcasm fail... My bad. :lol: Yeah, I knew it was randomly generated. I just... I don't know. *shrug* Get Blizzard at times. Then again I'm not use to playing games where people's characters/account can be worth money so maybe its just a failure on my side to recognize an issue.

I'm more likely to choose a female in a racing or fighting games since their added speed offsets my general suckiness.
So your saying you suck at fighting and driving (games) so you chose a female to make it more realistic...? I guess I can understand that. :lol:

Attempted to play Inversion.  Wow is that game awful.  Hopefully Enslaved is worth $2.50 since Inversion isn't worth a penny~

Attempted to play Inversion. Wow is that game awful. Hopefully Enslaved is worth $2.50 since Inversion isn't worth a penny~
y u not listen to me. I posted that it was awful. I generally like co-op games, even some bad ones.. and even I thought Inversion was terrible.

Enslaved is worth the $2.50 though. It's not a great game, but it's definitely good.

[quote name="INMATEofARKHAM" post="11596378" timestamp="1394421481"]Sarcasm fail... My bad. :lol: Yeah, I knew it was randomly generated.[/quote]

Hazard of the interwebz, I suppose. Unless you used the yellow font, which makes it my comprehension fail. Yellow doesn't always show up on my phone on Tapatalk, for whatever reason.

I just... I don't know. *shrug* Get Blizzard at times. Then again I'm not use to playing games where people's characters/account can be worth money so maybe its just a failure on my side to recognize an issue.
There are a great many things I don't understand about Blizzard, either. But then, I'm not swimming in a money bin, so I must not get it.

Hazard of the interwebz, I suppose. Unless you used the yellow font, which makes it my comprehension fail. Yellow doesn't always show up on my phone on Tapatalk, for whatever reason.

There are a great many things I don't understand about Blizzard, either. But then, I'm not swimming in a money bin, so I must not get it.
No, no yellow. I thought we retired it and also I wouldn't really have thought to use it... It was just a throwaway joke in the middle of my post... :)

Other things I don't quite understand about Blizzard is there new online card game, Heartstone... It seems decent enough, a bit beneath their talent in my opinion, but could it be even more causal? (Then again, maybe that's what they are now... Makers of causal games.)

Don't get me wrong... I'm enjoying it, even more so after the newest patch, but I can honestly say its very causal compared to say Marvel Heroes.

I rarely feel close to death, right mouse button seems like an instant win button, and movement around the battlefield isn't all that important. (I just got done clearing out some spiders from a cave, their big ability seems to be rooting you in place/slowing your movement but I wasn't going to move anyways so what was the point. (Playing Demon Hunter)

Obviously, I should turn up the difficulty but truth be told I don't think the game handles movement well enough for me to enjoy it...

I initially interpreted that as the man giving birth to a disc and was wondering if the disc was supposed to represent Steam.
That's how i interpreted it as well. I feel like a moron since if that's not it then i don't get it. Now i'm interpreting it as that as he bends over to pick up the disc he farts and the fart represents steam. fuqqq

If either of you are serious about not understanding the joke: people that size can't easily (if at all) bend over to pick up the disc.

If either of you are serious about not understanding the joke: people that size can't easily (if at all) bend over to pick up the disc.
yeah i got it like right after i posted that. i think i took the word "birth" too literally

y u not listen to me. I posted that it was awful. I generally like co-op games, even some bad ones.. and even I thought Inversion was terrible.

Enslaved is worth the $2.50 though. It's not a great game, but it's definitely good.
Figured I might as well try it since it came along with it!

Finished unThief, it's awful but somehow I managed to get all the collectable and explorable crap. Steam time says 58 hours, not sure why I do these things to myself. The AI is just plain horrible and the scripts get broken all the time completely hosing you if you're going for a no knock out/no kill play through.

Finished unThief, it's awful but somehow I managed to get all the collectable and explorable crap. Steam time says 58 hours, not sure why I do these things to myself. The AI is just plain horrible and the scripts get broken all the time completely hosing you if you're going for a no knock out/no kill play through.
Good Lord. I actually like the game and the atmosphere but I don't know if I could do 58 hours in it. Not in this short of a time span anyhow.

And yeah, the AI is a joke. Not sure how they thought it was okay to release in that state. Unless they just go to the point where it had taken so long and they had to get it out because, you know, they have a publisher and it's not like Early Access where you can remain 'working on' your game indefinitely.

I didn't even brother trying to collect everything.

Also if anyone plays don't ever quick save anywhere where guards can see, because it might reset scripts and guards be in very different position. Didn't help that I only use quick saves and never do full saves.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3296938495565960483/19044D776DE09EA2C7F612ABD3853C776CE3DCAD/

Their definition of equal isn't equal to my definition.

I didn't even brother trying to collect everything.

Also if anyone plays don't ever quick save anywhere where guards can see, because it might reset scripts and guards be in very different position. Didn't help that I only use quick saves and never do full saves.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3296938495565960483/19044D776DE09EA2C7F612ABD3853C776CE3DCAD/

Their definition of equal isn't equal to my definition.
Ah ha, so that's why the AI would go bat shit on me at at times. Never bothered to look up why it was happening but it killed my plans for a no kill/no knockout which angers me greatly.

The fact that AC forced me to play mission a certain way to achieve 100% sync really damaged the series for me. I was hoping they removed it in Revelations, but it seems they haven't. I've never been a fan of having to 100% games. Especially having to do missions/levels a specific way. And fuck timed missions. I don't need that kind of stress in gaming. I refuse to play games with a timer.

The fact that AC forced me to play mission a certain way to achieve 100% sync really damaged the series for me. I was hoping they removed it in Revelations, but it seems they haven't. I've never been a fan of having to 100% games. Especially having to do missions/levels a specific way. And fuck timed missions. I don't need that kind of stress in gaming. I refuse to play games with a timer.
I generally agree with you about games forcing you to play a certain way but I suppose it makes sense in Assassin's Creed. You're supposed to be reliving your ancestors life in the exact same way they did without altering it or you face de-synchronization. As far as timers go, I completely agree, I can't stand them under any circumstance. It's the main reason why I never tried Derp Rising 2 (that and it looks horrible).

From what I remember of AC2 and ACB, you'd need to reach 100% synchronization to get past certain gateways, but that didn't require getting 100% synchronization in each individual mission.

Finished unThief, it's awful but somehow I managed to get all the collectable and explorable crap. Steam time says 58 hours, not sure why I do these things to myself.
On another forum I visit, someone recently bitched that they had just watched all seven seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all of the Angel spin-off and didn't understand why people liked the show. So you're one up on that guy.

I have no opinions on BtVS but I know better than to watch seven seasons of a show I'm not enjoying.

On another forum I visit, someone recently bitched that they had just watched all seven seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all of the Angel spin-off and didn't understand why people liked the show. So you're one up on that guy.

I have no opinions on BtVS but I know better than to watch seven seasons of a show I'm not enjoying.
Man, this episode sucks. Maybe it gets good with the second episode.

Man, this season sucked. Maybe it gets good with the second season.

Man, the whole show sucks. Maybe it gets better in the spinoff.

Yeah, I think once I got to that last one, I'd have to quit. By all means, let me watch another five seasons of something based loosely on something else I despised.

For the record, I love Buffy and Angel.

*holds hand up*

I used to do this. Then we had baby Octavius and ~70% of my free time evaporated. I'm much more likely to bin something off after a few levels/episodes than I used to. I gave up on Misfits after one episode of season 3 because it just got silly (and they got rid of my favourite character).

I'd like to think that I value what little free time I have more, to the point where I'm incredibly picky with what I actually play.

:whee:

To be fair, it started out fun but I began to develop a deep hatred around the 15-20 hour mark. A man can only pick up so many flasks, ink pens, vases and forks before he starts to go insane. It was too late at that point though, better to finish it and be done forever.

*holds hand up*

I used to do this. Then we had baby Octavius and ~70% of my free time evaporated. I'm much more likely to bin something off after a few levels/episodes than I used to. I gave up on Misfits after one episode of season 3 because it just got silly (and they got rid of my favourite character).

I'd like to think that I value what little free time I have more, to the point where I'm incredibly picky with what I actually play.

:whee:
I second this. Ive been trying to play through Bioshock Infinite, which should of been a 10 hour game. Steam says I am at 25 hours. I "may" be half way through if I were to guess. The underling, Toddler keeps me so busy, when I am not at work.

anyone played AoE2:HD? I really want to play the campaign (don't think I'll be playing MP). I played it back in the day and was great (only played some hours because it wasn't mine), but... how's the steam HD version? It is really an improved version? What about the glitches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back