Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, it started out fun but I began to develop a deep hatred around the 15-20 hour mark. A man can only pick up so many flasks, ink pens, vases and forks before he starts to go insane. It was too late at that point though, better to finish it and be done forever.
So you're saying you're a crazy person now?

anyone played AoE2:HD? I really want to play the campaign (don't think I'll be playing MP). I played it back in the day and was great (only played some hours because it wasn't mine), but... how's the steam HD version? It is really an improved version? What about the glitches?
I have it, played around with it for a few hours, did a few campaigns, not many bugs.

Most of the improvements have to do with the added online multilayer integrated into Steam, probably the reason why most of the bugs are in multiplayer.

I have to say that I'm impressed with how bizarre and random the weeklies have become now that Valve told publishers to do whatever the hell they want. All kinda crap this week, unless you missed Dysfunctional Systems in that Groupee. 

EDIT: Also, I noticed that Arkham Knight now has an October release date listed. 

Daily Deal
Grim Dawn - $29.99 $20.09

Weekly Deals
Crysis - $19.99 $6.79
Crysis 2 - $29.99 $10.19
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 - Episode I - $9.99 $2.50
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode II - $14.99 $3.75
Dead Space - $19.99 $6.79
Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $6.79
Teleglitch: Die More Edition - $12.99 $6.49
Poof vs. The Cursed Kitty - $6.99 $3.49
4 Elements - $9.99 $1.99
Super Sanctum TD - $3.99 $0.39
Steam Marines - $9.99 $7.49
Kinetic Void - $19.99 $9.99
Music Maker 2014 Premium - $99.99 $66.99
Agriculture Simulator 2011 - $9.99 $1.99
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $17.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Narco Terror - $9.99 $1.99
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct - $49.99 $12.49
Chrome Bundle - $7.99 $1.99
Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory - $6.99 $1.74
Gas Guzzlers Extreme - $24.99 $9.99
The Night of the Rabbit - $19.99 $9.99
Rush Bros - $9.99 $1.99
Larva Mortus - $4.99 $0.49
Fireburst - $9.99 $2.49
Chaos on Deponia - $19.99 $9.99
Race the Sun - $9.99 $4.99
Earthworm Jim 2 - $19.99 $6.79
Earthworm Jim 3D - $19.99 $6.79
Death to Spies: Moment of Truth - $19.99 $4.99
Ducati World Championship - $4.99 $1.24
Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos - $4.99 $0.99
The Undergarden - $9.99 $?.??
Starpoint Gemini - $13.99 $4.75
Starpoint Gemini 2 - $22.99 $15.40
WBM Tycoon - $9.99 $2.49
Speedrunners - $9.99 $4.99
World Basketball Manager 2010$4.99 $1.24
Conquest of Elysium 3$9.99 $2.49
A Game of Dwarves$9.99 $4.99

Random Sales
Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures - $14.99 $9.89
Shadowrun Returns - $19.99 $14.99
Sanctum - $9.99 $0.99

I have to say that I'm impressed with how bizarre and random the weeklies have become now that Valve told publishers to do whatever the hell they want. All kinda crap this week, unless you missed Dysfunctional Systems in that Groupee.

EDIT: Also, I noticed that Arkham Knight now has an October release date listed.
Dysfunctional Systems is in a current GALA bundle, which is ending soon. AFAIK it hasn't been in a happy hour yet, but it may.

https://www.indiegala.com/weekly

So for those who may have given up on checking the Gamersgate thread, there's a glitch on their site right now with the new Indiefort bundle that is giving Steam keys for Paper Sorcerer where you can PWYW with no minimum even as low as .01 pounds and buy up to two copies. You need to go to the uk site of the Indiefort bundle, use IE or Firefox (not Chrome) and then enter in .01 or whatever amount you want.

gamersgate . co . uk / indiefort-bundle

Cut and paste because hotlinking adds a CAG affiliate tag on it which tips them off where the traffic is coming from.

Oh and this goes without saying but generate those Steam keys right away and then store them somewhere if you aren't going to activate immediately, which would probably be more advisable. Also download and backup the other 3 DRM free games in the bundle if you care about those and don't already have them.

And it's gone. Looks like they took the page down for maintenence.

Steam keys for Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land are now all up in your Bundle in a Box page if you bought the Indie RPG bundle.
Nothing yet for us Vodo buyers. ._.

Edit:

And uh, Walking Dead on sale -again-? That's... weird, wonder if Activision's gonna lose the license soon. Remember that if you want that godawful game for some reason, try to get it from an Aussie, the game's much cheaper over there.

Nothing yet for us Vodo buyers. ._.
Did anyone try writing to Vodo support? They may not even be aware of it. AFAIK they've never distributed Steam keys before after one of their bundles ended so I'm not even sure that's something they do or have considered.

For those who remember it, the BBC has updated the original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy text adventure game by Infocom for its thirtieth anniversary.  The game loosely follows the events of the first book in the series by the late Douglas Adams.

Play it for free online here.

*holds hand up*

I used to do this. Then we had baby Octavius and ~70% of my free time evaporated. I'm much more likely to bin something off after a few levels/episodes than I used to. I gave up on Misfits after one episode of season 3 because it just got silly (and they got rid of my favourite character).

I'd like to think that I value what little free time I have more, to the point where I'm incredibly picky with what I actually play.

:whee:
The first two seasons of Misfits were the best... 3&4 declined considerably but I'd rank as "okay" (not terrible, but there are better things to watch)... I gave up partway into season 5. I wish I stopped at the end of season 2.

Don't all versions have Tages? I thought you posted about it when Amazon had a similar sale. y u mysterd
Yeah, I forgot to pick it up then, and I'm probably not picking it up now.

It's a shame because the game looks sucktacular, but I try to get games that have somewhat sane DRM.

I know Double Fine doesn't have the best rep around here, but Costume Quest 2 arrives Oct 31.
66% off by Christmas.They're fine* games but my god they decline in value quickly.

Newbie tip: Don't get carried away when a new DF game releases. You can get it waaaaaay cheaper after a couple of months.

* - puntentional

The Van Helsing dev just announced part two, and the preorder is up at their store page for $15.

What bothers me is that according to the store page, there's an achievement for preordering... that ain't right.

For those who remember it, the BBC has updated the original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy text adventure game by Infocom for its thirtieth anniversary. The game loosely follows the events of the first book in the series by the late Douglas Adams.

Play it for free online here.
Still one of my favorite gaming experiences of all time. Also had some of the best promotional items ever.

hhgttg_fleet-255x300.jpg

It was the first game I ever had to cheat in, because I couldn't figure out the puzzles.

Still one of my favorite gaming experiences of all time. Also had some of the best promotional items ever.

hhgttg_fleet-255x300.jpg

It was the first game I ever had to cheat in, because I couldn't figure out the puzzles.
I don't think I ever got Arthur on the Vogon Fleet. And when I read about how convoluted the Babel Fish thing was, I said "screw this."

I know Double Fine doesn't have the best rep around here, but Costume Quest 2 arrives Oct 31.
*spittake* They're making a sequel!? They're not just going to let the game end on a maddening cliffhanger? Christmas must be coming early this year.

The Van Helsing dev just announced part two, and the preorder is up at their store page for $15.

What bothers me is that according to the store page, there's an achievement for preordering... that ain't right.
But it's wrong in all the right ways.

I usually don't care about achievements, but I do hate one-shot/unachievable achievements... and that's about as far down that track as you can get. :headache:

I considered Grim Derp in rubles but the developers are working at a snail's pace.  It's been in development for three or four (or more?) years now and it doesn't look like a release is happening anytime soon (within a year).

I've been playing some Bang Bang Racing today, which was pretty nice. I like it almost as much as Little Racers STREET, which I love.

In the Little Racers STREET vs. Mini Motor Racing EVO vs. Bang Bang Racing comparison I'd say its...

1) Little Racers STREET ... closely followed by ...

2) Bang Bang Racing ... it's prettier but more of a "Toy Car" feel ... then

3) Mini Motor Racing EVO ... also pretty but not as good as BBR
I decided to make a track for Mini Motor Racing EVO, it's my version of the Monaco F1 GP track in Monte Carlo. I wish they didn't limit the components as I could have had it looking much better with more scenery.

If anyone wants to give it a look it's here ... http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=237114974

Or you could probably search for Monaco within the Custom Tracks

I decided to make a track for Mini Motor Racing EVO, it's my version of the Monaco F1 GP track in Monte Carlo. I wish they didn't limit the components as I could have had it looking much better with more scenery.

If anyone wants to give it a look it's here ... http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=237114974

Or you could probably search for Monaco within the Custom Tracks
If I vote for it to get greenlit do I get a key once it releases on Steam?

It's a trap!

Beware, they have in the past refused to put DLC on sale outside of the complete pack. Now they did put it on sale the last couple of sales so maybe they learned their lesson. Nevertheless, they've just cemented that I won't buy it until the complete pack with all DLC is at least 66% off (they seem to mostly refuse to do 75% :roll:)

It's a trap!

Beware, they have in the past refused to put DLC on sale outside of the complete pack. Now they did put it on sale the last couple of sales so maybe they learned their lesson. Nevertheless, they've just cemented that I won't buy it until the complete pack with all DLC is at least 66% off (they seem to mostly refuse to do 75% :roll:)
Oh I didn't post that so people would preorder it. The dev's a fucking douche.

I'm just warning about the preorder-only achievement, that's possibly the lowest fucking thing they could think of to get more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back