Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why you hating on a Cylon like me?
Just because I plan to extricate your life "blood" from your cold lifeless body, spill it on the floor and have some unsuspecting fool vomit in it (and on you, mainly for the lulz) does not mean I hate you. In fact, you should feel honored that I would pick you out of the whole internet to horribly mutilate.

Ingrate.

Just because I plan to extricate your life "blood" from your cold lifeless body, spill it on the floor and have some unsuspecting fool vomit in it (and on you, mainly for the lulz) does not mean I hate you. In fact, you should feel honored that I would pick you out of the whole internet to horribly mutilate.

Ingrate.
Why me, though?

I don't know what story you're referring to, because the only story that I encountered was player is stuck in Aperture Science testing facility and must complete puzzles in order to move on/escape/survive. Outside of GlaDOS the game was devoid of any personality, which is okay, I guess, because there simply weren't really any other characters to speak of (and cubes don't count).
It's a story that doesn't need lots of words. The environment, words written on walls, and even sounds are all a part of the tale. It's elegant in its simplicity.

As far as other games before it having portals... yes, but not in the same way. Unreal used them in several multiplayer maps (you could shoot through them, hide behind them, etc). Prey used portals to good effect, but they were really just static openings and couldn't be placed by the player as they are in Portal.

Fun fact: Portal was highlighted at the Smithsonian Art Exhibition in America for most of 2012.

• 4 Elements II (Play 4 Elements on Steam to see if you'd like this game
I enjoyed Elements a lot. I like hidden object games and the combination of that and the match-3-ish gameplay was lots of fun. I pretty much played it straight through to the end.

I just wanna know which player is the HAT.
Hat_Rabbit.jpg

I just wanna know which player owns BoardWalk + Park Place.
No one yet.

Did anyone else notice the Rabbit doesn't like to buy properties at full price? He/she must be a CAG.

I just wanna know which player is the HAT.
I just wanna know which player owns BoardWalk + Park Place.
Something screwy is going on in that game. We can see four players, and most of the board, but there are only two tokens visible. There are houses on Park Place, but none on Boardwalk. The duck is apparently building houses and hotels on the Green group, despite only having two of the three property cards.

I'm beginning to suspect that these stuffed animals don't really understand the rules.

"Don't look at my cards, guys."

IMG_3711.jpg
That rug looks exactly like the one I fucked my back up really bad with, and still haunts my nightmares. Back when I was living in TN, my landlady (my now-ex's mother who is old as dirt) had me carry a giant-ass area rug from the store to the car to her home, to inside the home where she wanted to see how it looks. Her husband (a great guy, but also old as dirt) was supposed to help but his back was acting up, so I went solo. Big mistake, pushed myself way too hard because I didn't want my ex's mother thinking I was some sort of pussy weakling. By the end of it, I had thrown out my back, and was in a good amount of pain.

The kicker? She decided she didn't want it/it didn't match the room. So I had to take it back the next day. Pretty sure my back is still messed up from the experience.

The only good part was seeing my ex chew her mother out over the crap she put me through for nothing. Her mother's excuse? "Oh, you'll understand when you own your own home, dear." Total bitch witch, I could complain about her alllll day.

The things I do for a live-in MMO buddy love.

/personalstorynobodywantedtohear

That rug looks exactly like the one I fucked my back up really bad with, and still haunts my nightmares. Back when I was living in TN, my landlady (my now-ex's mother who is old as dirt) had me carry a giant-ass area rug from the store to the car to her home, to inside the home where she wanted to see how it looks. Her husband (a great guy, but also old as dirt) was supposed to help but his back was acting up, so I went solo. Big mistake, pushed myself way too hard because I didn't want my ex's mother thinking I was some sort of pussy weakling. By the end of it, I had thrown out my back, and was in a good amount of pain.

The kicker? She decided she didn't want it/it didn't match the room. So I had to take it back the next day. Pretty sure my back is still messed up from the experience.

The only good part was seeing my ex chew her mother out over the crap she put me through for nothing. Her mother's excuse? "Oh, you'll understand when you own your own home, dear." Total bitch witch, I could complain about her alllll day.

/personalstorynobodywantedtohear
I messed up my back at church. In the parking lot. Jumping up and grabbing the backboard of the basketball rim. Hands held on because I didn't want to fall, half of my body went one direction, the other half stayed in place.

That said, somebody threw out a real nice rug a year ago and it was heavy as fcuk but I was able to put it on my shoulder and walk it three blocks to the apartment. Took a good deep cleaning, but looks nice and doesn't smell.

I messed up my back at church. In the parking lot. Jumping up and grabbing the backboard of the basketball rim. Hands held on because I didn't want to fall, half of my body went one direction, the other half stayed in place.

That said, somebody threw out a real nice rug a year ago and it was heavy as fcuk but I was able to put it on my shoulder and walk it three blocks to the apartment. Took a good deep cleaning, but looks nice and doesn't smell.
Just to be clear, I like the second half of your post (it's in the CAG spirit, after all, well done), not the first half.

I don't hate you THAT much, can't afford to if I'm buying IndieGala bundles from you. The day they shut down that site for fraud though.. better watch your back. :p

Just a word of warning as someone who has played this in local MP, you're going to be doing a lot of "shut your eyes/turn your back/get the freaking hell away from the screen and let me play" if you attempt to do so, since keeping your cards secret is a huge part of the game and there wasn't really any way for the developers to get around this so you have to improvise and force the people you're playing with not to cheat and look at your cards during your turn (and vice-verses for them).

If you want to play it locally an actual board game version is the way to go; the digital version is best played online.
Actually, I rather like playing it on multiple computers over the internet in the same house. It's funny to hear the other player--my wife, say-- swear from the other room when I take her route. We used to play it that way years ago long before it was ever on Steam.

Posting in here for extra visibility.

Blink has once AGAIN come through. Highborn and its 2 DLCs are now on sale.

Highborn is 50% off at $4.99 -> http://store.steampo...com/app/209850/

Highborn Chapter 2 is 66% off at $1.01 -> http://store.steampo...com/app/236660/

and Highborn Chapter 3 is 66% off at $1.01 -> http://store.steampo...com/app/256180/

Enjoy.
Effort appreciated, but both of those chapters were on sale for .74 last year on Steam. Even if they didn't want to match the 90% off deal of the Winter Voices guys, they should have at least matched the lowest price on Steam.

Effort appreciated, but both of those chapters were on sale for .74 last year on Steam. Even if they didn't want to match the 90% off deal of the Winter Voices guys, they should have at least matched the lowest price on Steam.
The 3rd one hasn't been on sale until now. I've had my eye on it and definitely would have remembered. Also I checked price history and am not seeing a sale prior to this one. It just came out the end of November and didn't go on sale even during the big sale.

The 3rd one hasn't been on sale until now. I've had my eye on it and definitely would have remembered. Also I checked price history and am not seeing a sale prior to this one. It just came out the end of November and didn't go on sale even during the big sale.
You're correct. My statement about the second still stands, however.

Historical Low: $0.74 at Steam on Mon Jul 15 2013

Agreed. Highborn is sort of the only thing left in Blink Bundle that appeals to me so $5 for that plus another $2 for the 'DLC' is meh. I'm sure they'll get desperate in the future and bundle it elsewhere for cheaper.

Agreed. Highborn is sort of the only thing left in Blink Bundle that appeals to me so $5 for that plus another $2 for the 'DLC' is meh. I'm sure they'll get desperate in the future and bundle it elsewhere for cheaper.
Hm. I'm not sure what to think. $5 + $2 + $2 for 2 games + all DLC. It's almost like buying at retail <shudder>.

Hm. I'm not sure what to think. $5 + $2 + $2 for 2 games + all DLC. It's almost like buying at retail <shudder>.
I know this is heresy here, and hi pot this is kettle, but do you really need all those episodes? The first one will get you cards with WV.

On a related note to some of your earlier comments, the drop off rate to Winter Voices is especially severe.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/WinterVoices/achievements/

Only 8% complete the prologue and it's all downhill from there. It's a linear game too so the 'well people could be running around Skyrim getting arrows in the knee instead of following the quest' doesn't really apply.

I actually happen to like Winter Voices, well maybe not like but let's say appreciate it because it is tedious and a PITA and depressing but somehow it worked for me as an experience, however it's nichey and it's a hard game for me to recommend to others. I really think very few people would be willing to stick through it to the end.

I've had Winter Voices since before it vanished and returned, and I've still yet to give it a go.  (Card idling notwithstanding.)

I didn't play it much but I didn't care for it. Just seems like the same old same old MMO stuff.
Now are you just not an MMO person?

The last MMO I played was FFXIV:ARR but I just couldn't keep playing it after a month.. It was also during the first semester of my senior year.

I don't have any trouble believing people didn't finish Portal games. The only way I was able to finish the first one was through relying very heavily on online walkthroughs. And it was tedious as f*ck. Yeah, I get that people think GlaDOS was a great character but the gameplay sucked. I'm not sure I'd play 2 if Valve paid me to do it.
DIapFMH.gif

Portal is beautiful and unique. It uses your brain instead of luck and reflexes like many games today, and it's not violent like 90% of games today. It was unbelievably refreshing and innovative, the story was engaging without shoving itself in your face, and the gameplay was liquid smooth and freeform.

The only reason Portal would ever be tedious is if you are absolutely awful at it and have to repeat the same puzzle over and over again, when you should have completed the first or second time. Granted there are a few puzzles at the end that are quite challenging (like the straight up vertical "trampoline" room), but the game continuously introduces new mechanics, physics, challenges, and breaks up the puzzling with humorous dialogue, little secrets here and there, and even throws a twist in your face, turns the game upside down, and puts you in a new, more challenging environment at a certain point. It's a short game, there's zero tedium.

Honestly, while it may not be for everyone (not everyone likes puzzle games), you cannot deny how impressive and well made of a game Portal is. I'd say with 100% conviction that Portal is Valve's best game. Yes, more so than L4D and Half-Life.

I've played some of Portal 2 as well, but I never finished it. I wasn't really in the mood for a puzzle game when I played it. I did play some local co-op with my cousin though and that was pretty awesome and challenging.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Portal and Portal 2 are in no way overrated.

They have a 90 and 95, respectively, on Metacritic. If anything, I think I'd switch those two scores.

Portal set out to do what it intended almost perfectly. The gameplay was innovative. The story was told brilliantly. The length was perfect. It was like a great meal and left you wanting just a little more.

Portal 2 was also excellent, but perhaps a little long and the story wasn't told as elegantly as the first. It did have a brilliant co-op mode though.

I get that it isn't going to appeal to 100% of the people, but you've got to at least recognize it for what it is -- an expertly crafted series.
Well said, couldn't agree more.

good god, this game looks amazing

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9mr4k9X6c8[/youtube]

how have i not heard of this?
As awesome as it looks, it feels like that video just totally spoils all of the game's shock factor...

Actually, I rather like playing it on multiple computers over the internet in the same house. It's funny to hear the other player--my wife, say-- swear from the other room when I take her route. We used to play it that way years ago long before it was ever on Steam.
Wait, Ticket To Ride got online multiplayer? When did this happen?

Wildstar anyone?
The graphics look like WoW in space... Really turned me off.

I know this is heresy here, and hi pot this is kettle, but do you really need all those episodes? The first one will get you cards with WV.

On a related note to some of your earlier comments, the drop off rate to Winter Voices is especially severe.

Only 8% complete the prologue and it's all downhill from there. It's a linear game too so the 'well people could be running around Skyrim getting arrows in the knee instead of following the quest' doesn't really apply.

I actually happen to like Winter Voices, well maybe not like but let's say appreciate it because it is tedious and a PITA and depressing but somehow it worked for me as an experience, however it's nichey and it's a hard game for me to recommend to others. I really think very few people would be willing to stick through it to the end.
I don't even know what Winter Voices is and they still got me. I bought the Blink Bundle immediately (honestly I love Blink Bundles so far) and just grabbed the rest of the Winter Voices games. 90% off is way too hard to pass up.

So... what is Winter Voices?

So... what is Winter Voices?
Trying to think how I can best explain it.

Bleak story driven very slow paced tactical RPG. The main character is female. Her father dies and everyone else in the remote Scandinavian village treats her like a pariah. She goes on a journey (I think to find her mother IIRC) through the desolate snowy landscape. Very frequently she has to fight her inner demons. Literally. Through very slow turn based combat on a grid playing field. It also plays defensively instead of offensively.

There's a leveling system based a sort of skill map that expands out and reminds me a bit of FFX's sphere grid system.

The art is hand drawn and quite nice. A bit of a different style that works well for the story and to set the mood. It's French so it's a bit on the artsy fartsy side.

The whole thing runs on Adobe air and the main character moves really slow. Some of the individual battles can take a very long time and if you die you have to start over.

You can go long stretches without hitting a village and basically just battle after battle. It gets really tiring. And the mood is really heavy too. It's not an uplifting game. After a while it made me feel frustrated, like giving up, that the whole thing is just futile but usually just when I'd get to that point I'd hit a village or maybe even find a rare friendly person or animal and get a short respite.

In some weird meta way that kind of worked for making me identify with the character and her journey where she experiences self doubt and frequently contemplates giving up, but I realize that is making me sound all 2deep4u-ish.

I think it's a unique experience worth playing if you can put yourself in that mindset and have a lot of patience but it's also not a fun game. It's tedious. It's a downer, but I can make you feel something if you're so inclined.

I don't regret playing but I'd never ever do a second run through and I have a really hard time recommending it to anyone. I just think it won't appeal to most people or if it does they just won't have the patience to stick with it even if they go in with good intentions.

Okay, I checked Steam and it was 6.5 hours. That felt like 10.

Here's my Portal review and this is the last I'll say about it, at least until someone brings up the topic again in some completely-unrelated post.

I imagine there are some Steam deals or something coming up that someone wants to post. . . .
47439161.jpg

Just hit 1,000 owned Steam games!!

tumblr_m8qbmhxJwW1qcvk83o1_500.gif

tumblr_m18hghyFIK1qb81ib.jpg
i hit 1000 a few weeks ago when I activated Pool Nation

cag newbies, this is your future if you don't leave now.

47438859.jpg

Not Steam related at all but apparently I got into the Alpha of Blizzard's new MOBA.  Not sure how.  Unfortunately it's linked directly to your account so I can't sell it to some rube for $500 and pre-pay for my Maxwell generation graphics card.

Wow, that's the worst falloff and basic 'chieve rate I can recall in a game.

Portal is beautiful and unique. It uses your brain instead of luck and reflexes like many games today, and it's not violent like 90% of games today. It was unbelievably refreshing and innovative, the story was engaging without shoving itself in your face, and the gameplay was liquid smooth and freeform.

The only reason Portal would ever be tedious is if you are absolutely awful at it and have to repeat the same puzzle over and over again, when you should have completed the first or second time. Granted there are a few puzzles at the end that are quite challenging (like the straight up vertical "trampoline" room), but the game continuously introduces new mechanics, physics, challenges, and breaks up the puzzling with humorous dialogue, little secrets here and there, and even throws a twist in your face, turns the game upside down, and puts you in a new, more challenging environment at a certain point. It's a short game, there's zero tedium.
The endless falling puzzled grated on me a bit, due to multiple tries needed to get the correct timing. Also, motion sickness.

The endless falling puzzled grated on me a bit, due to multiple tries needed to get the correct timing. Also, motion sickness.
You think that's bad? Originally Portal 2 had a gel for wall-walking. Apparently it made almost everyone nauseous as fuck. I can't even imagine how many times I would have needed a garbage can handy for that part.

Yeah, that's the one I mentioned. It was probably the hardest and most frustrating, but it was pretty ingenious and cool... It still wasn't all that hard.

Aaaaaaaaand all Prince of Persia games (except for the new one) and the Indie Game SE DLC have been purchased. They cost me $5, more or less - I traded a spare Half-Life GOTY key for two CSGO keys, which I then traded to a guy in Russia who got me the games for that and $4.

I would've gotten Mars War Logs too, but I forgot the promo ended in the morning. Blah.

Let's hope there's a good weekend sale.

Aaaaaaaaand all Prince of Persia games (except for the new one) and the Indie Game SE DLC have been purchased. They cost me $5, more or less - I traded a spare Half-Life GOTY key for two CSGO keys, which I then traded to a guy in Russia who got me the games for that and $4.

I would've gotten Mars War Logs too, but I forgot the promo ended in the morning. Blah.

Let's hope there's a good weekend sale.
I think the Payday games are the ones confirmed for the weekend sale, right?

Also, I'm seriously impressed by all the hoops you jumped through to get your money's worth. Well done. I can't even sell a Humble key.

I think the Payday games are the ones confirmed for the weekend sale, right?

Also, I'm seriously impressed by all the hoops you jumped through to get your money's worth. Well done. I can't even sell a Humble key.
I tend to grab extra Half-Life sets for cheap and then trade them for two TF2 keys. My ah, contact usually takes keys or PayPal, not a combination, so... and there's no way I'm paying full price - even at a discount - to Ubisoft. :p

I tend to grab extra Half-Life sets for cheap and then trade them for two TF2 keys. My ah, contact usually takes keys or PayPal, not a combination, so... and there's no way I'm paying full price - even at a discount - to Ubisoft. :p
You know, to someone who isn't in-the-know, you sound awfully similar to a drug trafficker..

Sixty in March update:

Two more games beaten:

60: Bientôt l'été (3/16; 88 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Probably the most realistic chess simulator I have ever played.
61: Batman: Arkham Origins (3/19; 21 Hours played; 5 stars) - BATMAN!

Previous updates:
01: Luxor (3/1; 9 Hours played; 3 stars) - Started in Feb. It's ok.
02: Love (3/1; 38 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Pretty fun.
03: The Graveyard (3/1; 13 Minutes played; 1 or maybe 5 stars) - A true gem! Or maybe not. But maybe!
04: Happy Song Prototype (3/1; 5 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Nifty?
05: The White Birch Prototype (3/1; 16 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Very nice atmospheric climbing game. Rough mechanics.
06: Black Lake Prototype (3/1; 16 Minutes played; 5 stars) - Really cool game. Gotta find that fox!
07: BRAZEN Prototype (3/1; 10 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Fun stuff. A few hours would have been too much.
08: Magical Drop V (3/1; 30 Minutes played; 2 stars) - Not sure if this game is designed for kids or perverts.
09: Worms Pinball (3/2; 6 Minutes played; 2 stars) - Don't know if I am going to count this.
10: 9.03 (3/2; 12 Minutes played; 5 stars?) - A nifty arty game about being sad and then going to a beach party for wizards. Oh, those wizards are all dead. Oh. They weren't wizards.
11: Dinner Date (3/2; 20 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Sit at a Table and Ponder Your Life: The Game
12: The Polynomial (3/2; 7 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Endless game, not sure if I should count it. Looks great.
13: GundeadliGne (3/2; 30 Minutes played; X stars) - Shoot stuff.
14: Telltale Texas Hold'Em (3/2; 15 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Pretty funny, but not as polished as their recent poker games.
15: Postal (3/3; 3 Hours played; 2 stars) - The sounds of hundreds of burning ostriches will haunt my dreams for all days.
16: Costume Quest Prototype (3/3; 13 Minutes played; 1 star) - Buggy but charming mess.
17: Save the Date (3/3; 15 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Interesting one. Well worth the investment (zero dollars and fifteen minutes)
18: Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 (3/3; 6 Hours played; 4 stars) - Very fun. End boss is a pain.
19: Hope: The Other Side of Adventure (3/3; 1 Hour played; 4 stars) - Cool format, dark game. Was expecting/hoping for a different ending.
20: Karateka (3/3; 35 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Simple, fun brawler with a good atmosphere.
21: Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space (3/4; 26 Minutes played; 5 stars) - This is a cool one. Will be playing this one again.
22: Hack n Slash Prototype (3/4; 47 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Very interesting. Recommend playing.
23: Wake (3/4; 44 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Cool platformer about escaping a sinking ship. 
24: Savant - Ascent (3/4; 58 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Tough as crap, cool music.
25: Samorost (3/4; 15 Minutes played; 5 stars) - Neato point and click. Short and free and cool; everyone should play it.
26: McPixel (3/4; 1 Hour played; 3 stars) - Funny but grating.
27: Lee-Lee's Quest 2 (3/4; 25 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Decent platforming, pretty funny.
28: Super Amazing Wagon Adventure (3/5; 63 Minutes played; 5 stars) - Super inventive and hard as hell.
29: Samorost 2 (3/5; 42 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Puzzles could be a bit tricky, especially the last one. Super cool game though.
30: Guns of Icarus (3/5; 38 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Pretty fun turret defense game. 
31: Post Apocalyptic Mayhem (3/5; 51 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Pretty fun but the scoring system makes the race not really matter.
32: Scoregasm (3/5; 28 Minutes played; 3 stars) - Twin-stick shooter. 'Nuff said.
33: Proteus (3/5; 30 Minutes played; 5 stars) - Like Minecraft without all that annoying stuff to do!
34: Data Jammers: FastForward (3/5; 43 Minutes played; 2 stars) - This is a game.
35: DLC Quest (3/5; 36 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Funny, easy platformer. Chef recommends!
36: Bumbledore (3/6; 36 Minutes played; 2 stars) - Should have stayed a mobile game.
37: Gunman Clive (3/6; 51 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Cool Western platformer with a few fun twists.
38: Inversion (3/7; 6.5 Hours played; 3 stars) - Fun, silly third-person shooter.
39: Hexcells Plus (3/7; 6 Hours played; 5 stars) - Hexcells are perfect puzzle games. Just needs Steam Workshop.
40: Autonomous Prototype (3/7; 102 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Very cool robot building and fighting game. A bit rough at first.
41: Postmortem: one must die (3/8; 10 Minutes played; 5 stars) - Going to have to play this one again sometime.
42: The Room 2 (3/8; a few hours played; 4 stars) - Pretty awesome. Very tactile.
43: Fat Princess (3/8; 2 Hours played or so; 2 stars) - Kind of fun, but it kept telling me to buy DLC.
44: Sound Shapes (3/9; 1 Hour played; 4 stars) - Very cool, short platformer. Looks like a lot of fun to make levels.
45: Hamlet or the Last Game ... (3/10; 45 Minutes played; 4 stars) - My favorite part was uploading screenshots with Hamlet quotes.
46: Penny Arcade the Game: Gamers vs. Evil (3/10; 2 Hours played; 4 stars) - Fun card game.
47: Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons (3/10; 3 Hours played; 5 stars) - Pretty good game.
48: Indie Game: The Movie & Indie Game: The Movie: The Game (3/11; 2 Hours played; 5 stars) - Good stuff. Tough game.
49: Containment: The Zombie Puzzler (3/11; 2 Hours played; 4 stars) - Pretty fun once I got into it.
50: Frog Fractions (3/11; 1 Hour played; 4 and 3/3 stars) - Everyone should play this one.
51: Beast Boxing Turbo (3/11; 2 Hours played; 4 stars) - Silly and fun and punching.
52: Digital - A Love Story (3/12; 2 Hours played; 4 stars) - Liked this one a lot.
53: don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story (3/12; 2 Hours played; 4 stars) - Shakespearian, but is it a comedy ... or a tragedy?
54: VVVVVV (3/12; 2 Hours played; 1-5 stars, depending how much you like to die) - Very frustrating but satisfying.
55: KAMI (3/13; 2 Hours played; 5 stars) - One nicest, most tactile puzzle games I have ever played.
56: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (3/14; 5 Hours played; 2 stars) - BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO
57: Shelter (3/15; 97 Minutes played; 4 stars) - Nice art, cute badger tots.
58: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days (3/15; 3 Hours played; 3 stars) - That shaky cam... gonna hurl...
59: Dear Esther (3/15; 54 Minutes played; 4 stars) - If you really want to appreciate this game, play it right after Kane & Lynch 2!

Wait, Ticket To Ride got online multiplayer? When did this happen?
It's always had online multiplayer. It had online multiplayer back when it was just a game you could play on their web page almost a decade ago. It only (somewhat) recently added hotseat multiplayer for the PC version.

good day for wrestling videogame fans. soon we'll be playing a game designed for pc instead of just emulating no mercy or fire pro wrestling.

It's always had online multiplayer. It had online multiplayer back when it was just a game you could play on their web page almost a decade ago. It only (somewhat) recently added hotseat multiplayer for the PC version.
Ohh... I got it mixed up. So they DID add local?

If I just wanted the cardz, no, but I (think) I'd like to finish the story. I already have the prologue backlogged from years ago.

Well, you do get the other games in the bundle. I was just evaluating from my perspective.
Well, if I didn't already own Zafehouse from GG and Silent Storm from retail it would be a lot more tempting.

Well it's worth bearing in mind, as Motoki said, this is VERY niche title. I wouldn't be surprised if most Blink buyers are like Idiot and hadn't heard of it. 8% of 1,000 vs. 8% of 10,000 (all numbers completely fabricated for the sake of hyperbole).

I promised myself (and everyone else) I wouldn't say anything else about this, but here goes: yes. Contrary to Idiot's comments, Portal actually relies quite a bit not just on being able to figure out what you're supposed to do, which isn't always easy, but also on timing jumps and sometimes precisely positioning your endpoints in a short period of time. This is the very definition of relying on luck and reflexes. I don't get motion sickness, but I can get easily aggravated by stupid platformer mechanics (you saw nozink, Squirrel, nozink!).

Sixty in March update:

Two more games beaten:
61: Batman: Arkham Origins (3/19; 21 Hours played; 5 stars) - BATMAN!
All Enigma collectibles in 21 hours?! GTFO.

About Portal: it IS a very unique game, it is brilliant, but I don't usually like puzzles. But, BUT, playing Portal 2 multiplayer is another thing. I played with my wife and had a blast, is one of the few not-graphic-adventure games she likes (the other one being OMD2, MP too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back