Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm buy Batman Origins now or wait for the inevitable GOTY edition to be that price... :whistle2:k
I remember I bought batman AC before GOTY version. Some time later, after GOTY was launched, they don't only didn't put any DLC on sale, they removed them from the store.

I'll wait for GOTY and a price drop

I remember I bought batman AC before GOTY version. Some time later, after GOTY was launched, they don't only didn't put any DLC on sale, they removed them from the store.

I'll wait for GOTY and a price drop
All was fixed when they moved to steamworks and everyone got upgraded to the GOTY :D

You're the first person I've seen say that. I haven't played it yet... I'm just surprised.
Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh and should state the last time I played Contracts was on the PS2 back in '05. Maybe I should give the HD version a whirl. It is on sale after all... Hmm. What have I spiraled myself into?

Edit: Oh hell, I just bought it from the Humble store. My thirst for deals knows no bounds lately. The late Winter & early Spring leaves me deprived of such things.

I'll bite. I thought Halo (only played the PC version) was way overrated. I was very much into the Quake/Unreal Tournament series at that time and they both completely blew Halo out of the water in terms of gameplay.

I actually liked the first one a lot more than the second. It seemed more focused.

You're the first person I've seen say that. I haven't played it yet... I'm just surprised.

Since it's an inferior (not Rocksteady) Batman product (and Rocksteady is working on a new one), I'm waiting for the Origins GOTY. Looks like it has an annoying amount of DLC as well, so that further cements my decision.
Halo was a "good" console shooter for its time. Compared to PC shooters at the time though (Quake, Half-life, Counter-strike and etc), I didn't think Halo was anything special. It was a good console FPS in a time when consoles only had Time-Splitters, Goldeneye 64, Perfect Dark, and Red Fraction to compare to.

I played a game on something called STEAM yesterday.  It was called CastleMiner Z and I'll be damned if it wasn't a pretty decent Minecraft knockoff.  I played survival mode and it is similar to Minecraft's survival mode with the added twist that zombies spawn as you "discover" new areas, meaning if you walk somewhere new, even during the day, the zombies will pop out of the ground.  At night the pop out everywhere and swarm like crazy.  Resource collecting is practically identical and crafting is a ton easier because it just tells you what you can craft and what you need for it instead of making you play a guessing game or consult a wiki.  This was all in offline, single player mode.  Overall, I can't complain about the game for the .50 cents I paid.

I also played a bit of Guise of Wolf and yeah, it's an indie game with sub par graphics and some issues, but as I suspected, Totalcupcake's ranting about this being the worst most unacceptable game ever is just him blowing things out of proportion for some extra views.  

People waiting for Arkham Origins to get a GOTY edition, don't bother waiting. None of the DLC is worth getting, just pick up the base game by itself when its like $5.

Despite it not being made by Rocksteady, the story and combat in Origins is better than City. The only negative to the game is that half of the city is reused from the previous game.

Does anybody not own enough Squeenix at this point to make a bundle worthwhile?
photo-288229.png

Does anybody not own enough Squeenix at this point to make a bundle worthwhile?
I own 0 Squeenix things, so yeah, I'd like one.

[customspoiler=?]Not counting stuff I have on consoles, of which I have far too many Squeenix products and DLC.[/customspoiler]

Edit: Nevermind, I have Thief Gold on Steam, and Tomb Raider Trilogy/Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver/Thief: Deadly Shadows on GoG. Forgot they're technically Squeenix products now. That's still not many.

The free FTL: Advanced Edition expansion is coming on April 3rd

If you've managed to not find yourself with a copy of the game, I assume there will be a sale to go along with it. It's free for everyone regardless of where or when they bought the game so there's no rush to get activated before that date.

So I saw that Carmageddon is finally being released, but it's $30! Seems like a lot by today's standards but I really (REALLY!!!!) want the game. Is it worth taking the plunge now or do you guys think they will put it on sale in the not-too-distant future (say 6 months to the end of the year max)? I know the iPhone app has had a lot of price changes so I'm inclined to believe it'll see a drop. I also remember the GoG version of the original saw a sale (if memory serves) just a few months after release. I know that's when I picked it up :D

So I saw that Carmageddon is finally being released, but it's $30! Seems like a lot by today's standards but I really (REALLY!!!!) want the game. Is it worth taking the plunge now or do you guys think they will put it on sale in the not-too-distant future (say 6 months to the end of the year max)? I know the iPhone app has had a lot of price changes so I'm inclined to believe it'll see a drop. I also remember the GoG version of the original saw a sale (if memory serves) just a few months after release. I know that's when I picked it up :D
It'll probably go on sale by the Summer sale at the latest.

That you find the motivation to walk to the restroom is commendable. I remember when you just used whatever old pizza box or fast food bag you had laying around your room.
The cats use the pizza boxes, I ran out of bags and that diaper changing offer never materialized; I nearly died from sepsis.

lololololololololol

aka: if you really want it buy it, but it's gonna be on sale before you know it.

If only that Thief Collection also included Thief 2014. ;)
if only (any other unrealistically priced game i want) was included ;)

I need to go finish Dragon's Dogma. I actually like that game though I'm going to channel MysterD for a minute and say 'I wish Dragon's Dogma had a PC port ;)'.

Also just got The Witch and 100 Knights and Lions and Wardrobes and Weeaboos or whatever the hell it is because last November someone posted a pre-order deal where it was temporarily $20 even thought it normally retails at $50 so in spite of having no flippin clue about it ZOMG CHEEP DEEL so I went for it.

Yes every once in a while I am a console peasant too.

See what you guys do to me? You break my PC only willpower and make me talk about console shit. I should dig up another picture of manly wrestler womyn with bad wigs bitch slapping each other.
Nothing wrong w/ wanting PC ports of games that were before console-only. :)

Since developing AAA games for AAA companies can be so expensive - I think they need to hit as many platforms and avenues that they can to make money, IMHO.

I'd like to see Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen hit the PC.

EDIT:

you should stop. any bullet you fire will burn in the earth's atmosphere before it reaches the moon.

dumbass.
Metaphorically, I shoot for the moon.

Not literally.

My G600 MMO mouse came today. Yay! :D

Got the software off the site and installed, as well.

Gonna have to play some games w/ this bad-boy - and see what I think.

In before massive buyer's remorse because not much to play/no PS4 game sales. :bouncy:
I know there's not much to play, I was going to wait but to get it for $58 less than regular price in Canada is something I couldn't pass up. Now I can save that chunk of cash and also play Infamous and Ground Zeroes with better graphics.

Onboarding.png

...and on the bright side, it's only money.

Get PS+ ASAP
I'm getting Plus tonight. I don't really care about the free games on offer right now but might as well sign up now than later and it'll give me something to play til I can find some "deals" on used games.

moderately
Always the correct answer.

Oh, Bobby, you're so paranoid. ;)
I'm onto you, Borg/Cylon. I have an EMP with your name on it. :bouncy:

I know there's not much to play, I was going to wait but to get it for $58 less than regular price in Canada is something I couldn't pass up. Now I can save that chunk of cash and also play Infamous and Ground Zeroes with better graphics.
Well, considering I can't see PS4 getting a price cut for centuries, fair enough. You realize the Canadian $ excuse they gave for increasing the price is a load of shit though, right? (It's because profit margins are razor thin as it is and DDR5 costs are skyrocketing, they just latched onto the $ thing as an excuse to get more money). Also, I mean as long as you know what you're getting into. At least E3 is just around the corner (all the Sony exclusives for this year have already been announced though, iirc.) :) I expect most of the surprises from E3-time to come from Microsoft and Nintendo this year though.

ftfy

we wouldn't want you to be accused of being some type of robotic

however, it appears that you are also bobby
:bouncy: is obviously a sign of the resistance, robotic scum.

So... Goat Simulator comes out April 1st (Steam). Is that intentional? :whistle2:k
Probably.

It'll probably go on sale by the Summer sale at the latest.
Kind of what I was thinking, but this is my first year actually paying attention to Steam (this past winter sale was essentially the first time I bought something on Steam) so I've got to get the rhythm of Steam sales down still. I feel like, given their history, I should be able to pick it up for $15 or less during the next big sale (Is there a spring sale? That might be too soon though..). I would probably just bite now especially since I do want to support the developer and encourage sequels but I've NEVER paid more than $20 for a digital-only game and I really don't want to break that rule even for Carmageddon. Although I might be able to work around it by taking donations from family members that do want to play it to offset my personal cost now that I think about it...

I'm getting Plus tonight. I don't really care about the free games on offer right now but might as well sign up now than later and it'll give me something to play til I can find some "deals" on used games.
Plus was the best buy I ever made for PS3. I was silly and passed on getting it for a few months, but all the games you get over the course of the year are going to be great. Initially the PS4 offerings aren't going to be great, but once games get a few months old and devs try to move on to selling DLC you'll get some gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back